Alex Mercer vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
the newest badass takes on the one-winged angel.

fight takes place on building Cloud fought Sephiroth on in AC

ScreamPaste
Mercer stomps.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Mercer should take it.

XanatosForever
Waiting for K1ll3r. no expression

C. C. Cowgirl!
Waste of time.

XanatosForever
Irony stick out tongue

C. C. Cowgirl!
Elaborate.

MooCowofJustice
Does everybody still think Mercer can take atomic bombs and regenerate instantly?

C. C. Cowgirl!
No idea.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Does everybody still think Mercer can take atomic bombs and regenerate instantly?

I'm not one to say it would be instant. It took a crow to reform.

MooCowofJustice
Thats what I said. But I don't think everyone else agrees.

ScreamPaste
I agree it took a crow, but Seph's not an atom bomb.

MooCowofJustice
That didn't have anything to do with this discussion. I was just wondering.

SuperLuigi
are you serious alex isnt near a legendary a seph... alex gets brutalized

C. C. Cowgirl!
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/tactical_facepalm.jpg

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
are you serious alex isnt near a legendary a seph... alex gets brutalized

So being a legend tells how powerful you are?

MooCowofJustice
/me has taken this opportunity to point out the Legend of Zelda

SuperLuigi
nope alex is basically carnage from spiderman. and sephiroth is the man.

C. C. Cowgirl!

Carnage? no expression

Wei Phoenix

I think you're wrong. I know you're wrong.

SuperLuigi
if you knew better you'd do better

K1ll3r
Haha, is this thread for serious?

MooCowofJustice
Carnage isn't as varied in his powers as Alex Mercer is. And I'm sure he wasn't as strong...

I'm curious how this thread will go. I don't even really like either character.

Wei Phoenix
if you knew better you'd do better

How is he like Carnage?

SpadeKing
considering how people from FF7 can survive sephiroth and him causing a super nova I don't see how Alex would die either if that counts for anything ermm

NemeBro
Does everybody still think Mercer can take atomic bombs and regenerate instantly? Nope, he can just survive as a small tendril and only needed to consume a crow to reconstruct his own body. I do not see why he could not consume his opponent if he was destroyed in such a fashion(he wouldn't be in this fight) considering a small vial of the Blacklight virus was able to consume Alex, turning him into the superpowered being he is.

Also, Sephiroth's supernova canonically does not exist in the way most people think it does.

SpadeKing
figured, cause everyone really should've died or atleast died eventually of no sun.

instead the game story continues with movies, a game for an optional character, & pre-games.

K1ll3r
Goodluck Alex consuming Sephiroth...

It would be like...Alex + Jenova + Sephiroths Will, and guess who would be the victor in the mental battle?

Why does Alex stomp?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
Elaborate.

Sorry for the uber late reply on this one. Scream mentioned something of the same in a different thread, but it's essentially the fact that one would find something a waste of time in a forum based on comparing videogame characters in battle, which in itself is rarely constructive (unless you manage to find someone who actually knows how to debate properly) at all.

ArtificialGlory
If there are no poor animals around for Alex to consume, then Sephiroth should be able to wear him down and kill him pretty fast. However, if there are stuff for Alex to absorb, then the fight will go on forever.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Sorry for the uber late reply on this one. Scream mentioned something of the same in a different thread, but it's essentially the fact that one would find something a waste of time in a forum based on comparing videogame characters in battle, which in itself is rarely constructive (unless you manage to find someone who actually knows how to debate properly) at all.

It's a perspective then. Irony doesn't really apply. I thought you meant it directed at me personally for whatever reason.

Nightwatcher
Sephiroths speed would make sure Alex wouldn't even get a single hit off. Alex can't dodge bullets, although he can regenerate, good luck regenerating from a thousand pieces.

~The Night

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nightwatcher
Sephiroths speed would make sure Alex wouldn't even get a single hit off. Alex can't dodge bullets, although he can regenerate, good luck regenerating from a thousand pieces.

~The Night

I think he did regen from it.

ScreamPaste
Alex absorbs Sephiroth, and Jenova, and Sephiroth can never come back because he has no body. :]

NemeBro
Originally posted by K1ll3r
Goodluck Alex consuming Sephiroth...

It would be like...Alex + Jenova + Sephiroths Will, and guess who would be the victor in the mental battle?

Why does Alex stomp? Jenova and Sephiroth will be dead. When Alex consumes people, he does not battle their wills, he kills them, and consumes them.

Stronger, MUCH more durable, powerful regeneration(hell, even the weaker Supreme Hunter was able to regenerate from a puddle), and massive AOE attacks Sephiroth could not fvck with.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
If there are no poor animals around for Alex to consume, then Sephiroth should be able to wear him down and kill him pretty fast. However, if there are stuff for Alex to absorb, then the fight will go on forever. No, he would not. Alex needed a crow to regenerate from a five inch long, skinny tendril. After adding the crow to his biomass in that form, he was able to regenerate his entire body.

Not to mention Sephiroth's attacks are not able to signifigantly harm him. He took an explosion the size of a city block with no damage at all.

SuperLuigi
sephiroth destroys planets alex is not as durable as a planet. alex cant even hurt sephiroth.

also alex can transform his limbs into weapons like carnage, disguise himself like carnage, even the virus resembles carnages color, alex's whipfist is like carnages web, he is carnage with better disguise(he takes memories not sure if carnage does), regeneration and lower movement ability(carnage web slinging, wall crawling and running w/o destroying it, stealth)

NemeBro
sephiroth destroys planets Stopped reading.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
No, he would not. Alex needed a crow to regenerate from a five inch long, skinny tendril. After adding the crow to his biomass in that form, he was able to regenerate his entire body.

Not to mention Sephiroth's attacks are not able to signifigantly harm him. He took an explosion the size of a city block with no damage at all.

I must admit that I don't know the circumstances of that explosion, but sometimes even normal people can survive massive explosions.

I'm sure Sephiroth would harm him. Even such relatively simple attacks like gunfire can wear Alex down. That could probably be just game mechanics, though.

Anyway, isn't Sephiroth simply too fast and versatile for Alex to even hit?

P.S: It doesn't really make sense that a crow has enough biomass to reform Alex entirely. messed

NemeBro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I must admit that I don't know the circumstances of that explosion, but sometimes even normal people can survive massive explosions.

I'm sure Sephiroth would harm him. Even such relatively simple attacks like gunfire can wear Alex down. That could probably be just game mechanics, though.

Anyway, isn't Sephiroth simply too fast and versatile for Alex to even hit?

P.S: It doesn't really make sense that a crow has enough biomass to reform Alex entirely. messed It originated in the building Alex was in, he caused it, when it exploded it destroyed the base, all the soldiers inside, all the Hunters inside, and many outside, Alex was completely unharmed.

They are. But even in-game, Alex's only real problem are high powered weaponry.

Versatile? What versatility does Sephiroth regularly show. Speed would be a problem, but Alex has many nigh-instantaneous AOE attacks, and if I recall correctly, is able to dodge bullets. That may just be in-game though.

Well I assume he used it as a base and then rapidly multiplied its cells until it was able to reform his entire body.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
It's a perspective then. Irony doesn't really apply. I thought you meant it directed at me personally for whatever reason.

Not at all, I like you, person-who-uses-Zelda-as-an-avatar. smile

K1ll3r
Jenova and Sephiroth will be dead. When Alex consumes people, he does not battle their wills, he kills them, and consumes them.

Stronger, MUCH more durable, powerful regeneration(hell, even the weaker Supreme Hunter was able to regenerate from a puddle), and massive AOE attacks Sephiroth could not fvck with.

Lol? So what you are saying is he wouldn't be able to consume Sephiroth until he killed him, meaning there would pretty much be nothing to consume.

Stronger? What is his best strength feat? Sephiroth has stopped Holy with his mind (Which pushed a 1800 ton airship within the planet into the planets atmosphere in around 7-10 seconds).

Much more durable? Has Alex's body survived Meteor impact and atmospheric re-entry?

Hm, I kind of agree with that, Sephiroths regeneration is nothing to laugh at.

Lol, Sephiroth is much faster than Alex, that crazy tentacle attack Sephiroth could easily avoid.

No, he would not. Alex needed a crow to regenerate from a five inch long, skinny tendril. After adding the crow to his biomass in that form, he was able to regenerate his entire body.

Does he require this for every regeneration? Or was it just only because of massive damage?

NemeBro
Originally posted by K1ll3r
Lol? So what you are saying is he wouldn't be able to consume Sephiroth until he killed him, meaning there would pretty much be nothing to consume.

Stronger? What is his best strength feat? Sephiroth has stopped Holy with his mind (Which pushed a 1800 ton airship within the planet into the planets atmosphere in around 7-10 seconds).

Much more durable? Has Alex's body survived Meteor impact and atmospheric re-entry?

Hm, I kind of agree with that, Sephiroths regeneration is nothing to laugh at.

Lol, Sephiroth is much faster than Alex, that crazy tentacle attack Sephiroth could easily avoid.

Does he require this for every regeneration? Or was it just only because of massive damage? 1. Consuming kills them and takes their traits.

2. Able to kick Abrams tanks into the air while he himself is in mid-air for one. Also, stopping Holy is unquantifiable. Not to mention he used his "willpower" which has not shown to affect living beings.

3. No, but neither has Sephiroth, who takes damage from weak attacks from the Buster Sword. A city block sized explosion did nothing to Alex.

4. Kind of? Alex's regeneration SHITS on Sephiroth's.

5. How so? Hundreds of tentacles which span half a city block nearly instantly, all going after Sephiroth, how will he avoid it?

6. Only because he had sustained massive damage, rendering him to a tiny tendril.

K1ll3r
1. Consuming kills them and takes their traits.

2. Able to kick Abrams tanks into the air while he himself is in mid-air for one. Also, stopping Holy is unquantifiable. Not to mention he used his "willpower" which has not shown to affect living beings.

3. No, but neither has Sephiroth, who takes damage from weak attacks from the Buster Sword. A city block sized explosion did nothing to Alex.

4. Kind of? Alex's regeneration SHITS on Sephiroth's.

5. How so? Hundreds of tentacles which span half a city block nearly instantly, all going after Sephiroth, how will he avoid it?

6. Only because he had sustained massive damage, rendering him to a tiny tendril.

1. So, what is his biggest feat of consumption, you aren't saying it is limitless are you?

2. Pretty impressive. No, no it isn't, especially considering the 1800 ton airship being shot up from the force of Holy moving. Yes it has, he has immobilised 8 beings at once, taking control of even thier limbs with his Will.

3. Yes he has. Show me Post-Nib Sephiroth taking ANY physical damage.

4. No? Sephiroth has regnerated from a tentacle. Without needing to consume anything.

5. One blade beam-esque attack would most probably take out a lot of the tentacles. Plus Sephiroth moving super fast into the air.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Nightwatcher

~The Night

Sorry for my late reply, but I was bored and wanted to talk about something.

Have you freakin seen how fast Alex is? He has agility and reflexes that are ABOVE Spiderman's.

He takes anti-tank warfare and gets up like nothing happened.

Not to mention his strength. And whats to stop him from consuming Seph?

Insomniatric
And I want to talk about Alex's strength.

Alex is able to throw a 12 ton Helicopter like it was weightless, and from my understanding they toned his strength down in game. Similar to how they toned his durability/regeneration down. Alex can toss a helicopter like a beach ball, but picking up a bus is out of the question while in game, which doesn't make sense. I think it's just because it would look weird for him to hold a bus, considering that they are huge in the game, and the camera is so close up. I don't think it has anything to do with lack of strength. We don't know Alex's full potential in terms of strength.

Alex has become powerful enough to kill a lot of classic super heroes, and he's only had his powers for 3 weeks. He's more powerful than superman was when he first came out, now imagine Alex Mercer after a few years...

Phanteros
a helicopter weights 12 tons? no that's inaccurate.

Nemesis X
If Alex consumed Seph, his will might take him over. I'm not saying this will actually happen but it might. Sephiroth does surprise people when they think he's dead.

fortinbross
I wonder if you all realize sephiroth can shapeshift just as easy as Alex Mercer. Dont get me wrong Alex Mercer is great and all (Loved the game PROTOTYPE) but he had nowhere near as much power as Sephiroth. Alex Mercers best attacks were his Devastators, where as Sephiroth's was Meteor and Supernova. If i remember right Supernova destroyed most of the Solar System. The thing is im pretty sure that if Alex tried to consume him Sephiroth would just take controll over him because of Jenova.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by fortinbross
I wonder if you all realize sephiroth can shapeshift just as easy as Alex Mercer. Dont get me wrong Alex Mercer is great and all (Loved the game PROTOTYPE) but he had nowhere near as much power as Sephiroth. Alex Mercers best attacks were his Devastators, where as Sephiroth's was Meteor and Supernova. If i remember right Supernova destroyed most of the Solar System. The thing is im pretty sure that if Alex tried to consume him Sephiroth would just take controll over him because of Jenova.

Do you find it funny that Sephiroth is trying to destroy the world (which obviously is gonna kill Cloud & friends) while he can all of sudden destroy the solar system over and over during the final battle without being able to kill the party?

Supernova was originally just a big explosion in the Jap. version and became super-exaggerated when it was released in the U.S. The most powerful magic Sephiroth has is Meteor.

fortinbross
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Do you find it funny that Sephiroth is trying to destroy the world (which obviously is gonna kill Cloud & friends) while he can all of sudden destroy the solar system over and over during the final battle without being able to kill the party?

Yes, but the explosion in the distance was the solar system exploading. And what supernova does is take them into another demension. Also in Some versions of the Japanese version you would lose game automaticly when he used supernova.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

Yes, but the explosion in the distance was the solar system exploading. And what supernova does is take them into another demension. Also in Some versions of the Japanese version you would lose game automaticly when he used supernova.

If it's truly a supernova, it makes no sense since he could've used that instead of Meteor but he never does. Meteor is still a threat and only Holy was able to stop it.

fascistcrusader
Supernova is a canonical attack that does real damage to its opponent, but it doesn't actually blow up the sun. Sephiroth could use Supernova before Nibelheim even according to Crisis Core.

Also, which Sephiroth are we talking here? If it's AC Sephiroth he dissolves Mercer with the negative lifestream. Even if it's Seph prior to gaining the NL absorbing Sephiroth is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. Mercer can absorb Sephiroth's physical body, but his will and spirit energy live on while his cells were inside Alex, meaning the shapesifter becomes a puppet of Sephiroth.

iChaos
I thought he had to defeat them before he could asorb?

NemeBro
Looking back at this thread, I have changed my decision, Sephiroth wins.

K1ll3r
Nice input 'bro.

Any reason why you changed your mind?

NemeBro
Because Sephiroth is so much faster none of Alex's other abilities really amount to much.

fortinbross
Yea i also found something else out as I was playing both games. Alex mercer was confined to Manhattan. He could not leave because the military would kill him. Or am i just mistaken? Been a while sense I played Prototype.

SpadeKing
you're mistaken

fortinbross
Then why cant he leave the island?

BloodRain

Cause Radical or any company isnt good enough to make that kind of action game with the whole Earth as the location. Its just a game barrier.

MooCowofJustice
Prototype was a shitty game. >_>

ArtificialGlory
Prototype was a shitty game. >_>

Indeed it was.

SpadeKing

He wasn't even trying to leave the island in the first place.

fortinbross
Originally posted by SpadeKing
He wasn't even trying to leave the island in the first place.

Never said he was but whenever you go to run off the bridge the militray would launch missles at him and he would have to run back to Manhattan or get killed by them. That just shows the limitations of his power. And yes i realize some people are saying "Its because they couldn't make that map the full world" but to deal with this the game designers limited his powers to where he would die if he tried to leave. See what im trying to say?

MooCowofJustice
So far that sounds like a more creative version of an Invisible Wall, and Invisible Walls suck, so be glad you have that.

And I garauntee I hate Alex Mercer more than any of you, but it took a Nuke to put him down for a good amount of time. Sure he needed a crow to reform, but he still survived.

fortinbross
So far that sounds like a more creative version of an Invisible Wall, and Invisible Walls suck, so be glad you have that.

And I garauntee I hate Alex Mercer more than any of you, but it took a Nuke to put him down for a good amount of time. Sure he needed a crow to reform, but he still survived.

Ok think of it this way, the game could have made the military blow up the bridges so there was no way out of the city, then they could have made the sea "endless". But instead they limited Alex's abilities.

If Sephiroth can level buildings in one sweep and it takes Alex to throw vehicles and tanks at it (Example: military bases and hives.) then i just dont think he'd last very long. And going by what the games said Sephiroth's true power still is'nt even known. Sephiroth was also able to destroy more powerful creatures than Hunters in one hit. (Example from the video game: Serpents like the Hyda).

fortinbross
Meant to say Hydra not Hyda

Nemesis X
Mercer can survive an atomic bomb but can he survive a big ass meteor crashed on him?

fortinbross
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Mercer can survive an atomic bomb but can he survive a big ass meteor crashed on him?

True because a meteor would be much bigger. There would be no life for him to consume after that. Plus sense Sephiroth has infected the lifestream (from AC) as long as the life stream exists so will Sephiroth. Meaning unless that atomic blast can destroy the planet Sephiroth will still be fine.

SpadeKing
Ok think of it this way, the game could have made the military blow up the bridges so there was no way out of the city, then they could have made the sea "endless". But instead they limited Alex's abilities.

Thats like asking why can't spiderman leave NY in his games ermm

You do realize how much of a waste of disc space & money that would be as well correct?

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
Waste of time.

youre so silly. laughing out loud

fortinbross
Thats like asking why can't spiderman leave NY in his games ermm

You do realize how much of a waste of disc space & money that would be as well correct?

None the less they dealt with this by limiting Alex's abilities.

But either way this doesn't really matter due to the fact Sephiroth infected the lifestream.

wammamram
alex mercer definetlay. he would kill sephiroth with his blade arm thing and his suit of armor.

fortinbross
Originally posted by wammamram
alex mercer definetlay. he would kill sephiroth with his blade arm thing and his suit of armor.

Ok, heres the thing, sense Sephiroth infected the lifestream in Advent Children he became life itself. He can manefest through any form of life, the only way to beat him would be to kill all of life itself. And i really rather dought that armor would do anything, Sephiroth can cut skyscrapers in half with one slash. Also if he really needed to keep alex away from him he could just hold him in mid air with his telekinesis and alex would be helpless, and don't say something stupid like "he is so strong he can escape his telekinesis" because as someone stated here before Sephiroth lifted a 1800 ton airship 1 to 2 miles in the sky with his mind in 7-10 seconds.

Phanteros
actually Cloud beat simply with sword slashes. not saying anything on the thread though

fortinbross
Originally posted by Phanteros
actually Cloud beat simply with sword slashes. not saying anything on the thread though

Thats because Cloud was a peice of Sephiroth. Otherwise he would have never won. If your talking about in the original FF7 all Cloud did was stop Sephiroth's true form from manefesting. If your talking about in Advent Children, the Final Fantasy 7 Comentaries said the soul purpose of AC was for Sephiroth to mess with Cloud to let him know he was still there. It even said he could have manefested all along. So basicly the entire point of AC was for Sephiroth to tell Cloud he infected the lifestream and connot be killed unless life itself ceased to exist, unlike what cloud thought. (Cloud thought he could only manefest through Jenova cells.) If you don't believe me read the book or watch Final Fantasy 7 Comentaries.

SpadeKing
don't you mean cloud had a piece of sephiroth's cells in him? before Hojo's experiment cloud was a bottom tier soldier who still kicked sephiroth's ass. the same guys you kill in one hit with cloud at the start of the game.

fortinbross
don't you mean cloud had a piece of sephiroth's cells in him? before Hojo's experiment cloud was a bottom tier soldier who still kicked sephiroth's ass. the same guys you kill in one hit with cloud at the start of the game.

Yeah, but if you actually played the game you would know Cloud wasn't made like the other SOLDIER's he was made as a clone of Sephiroth, but was ruled as a failed experiment. He had much higher Mako exposier any Jenova cell exposier than and other member of soldier except Sephiroth himself, Angeal, and Genesis. If you also recall Cloud had the power of Holy on his side.

But the fact is i can't see Mercer's armor doing any good if Sephiroth could level skyscrapers in one sweep. It takes Mercer several minutes to level a skyscraper where as in the time it takes Mercer to level one Sephiroth could have done the whole city. i could see Sephiroth just holding Mercer in place with telekinesis (which we all know sent a 1800 ton aircraft into the sky in seconds) and slashing and/or using his master of all magic to kill him. (if you remember the game said he mastered all the materia.)

SpadeKing
Yeah, but if you actually played the game you would know Cloud wasn't made like the other SOLDIER's he was made as a clone of Sephiroth, but was ruled as a failed experiment. He had much higher Mako exposier any Jenova cell exposier than and other member of soldier except Sephiroth himself, Angeal, and Genesis. If you also recall Cloud had the power of Holy on his side.

But the fact is i can't see Mercer's armor doing any good if Sephiroth could level skyscrapers in one sweep. It takes Mercer several minutes to level a skyscraper where as in the time it takes Mercer to level one Sephiroth could have done the whole city. i could see Sephiroth just holding Mercer in place with telekinesis (which we all know sent a 1800 ton aircraft into the sky in seconds) and slashing and/or using his master of all magic to kill him. (if you remember the game said he mastered all the materia.)

As I said before, Cloud was nothing but a grunt before the experiments & still managed to flip sephiroth over a walkway, if you recall that? I'm sure I already knew that or I wouldn't have mention any of that stuff. He didn't have Holy on his side the first time they met or the third time. They put Jenova cells (whom Sephiroth controls) inside Cloud which is why it made it easy to make Cloud, Sephiroth's puppet.

He had much higher Mako exposier any Jenova cell exposier than and other member of soldier except Sephiroth himself, Angeal, and Genesis.

Care to put that part in English for me? Also note that Angeal & Genesis were given weaker cells than the ones that Sephiroth got.

fortinbross
When cloud entered soldier he was made into a Sephiroth clone but was ruled as a failed experiment, thats why he was just put into the infantry. You do know that Sephiroth didn't kill Cloud the first time on purpose right? And yes he did have Holy on his side during the final battle in the game, thats why Cloud was waiting for White Materia to turn green. Angeal and Genesis were givin the same strength of Jenova cells, they were just not given as many.

If your talking about the battle from AC the entire point of AC was for Sephiroth to mess with Cloud.

But back to the actual post... Its already been stated that Sephiroth surpasses Mercer in almost every way.

SpadeKing
Sephiroth never killed Cloud. Angeal & Genesis was given different grade cells thus making Sephiroth's cells more powerful which is why Genesis wanted his cells to end his degradation. FIRST AND THRID FIGHTS, read carefully HE HAD HOLY IN HIS SECOND BATTLE BUT NOT THE FIRST & THIRD.

fascistcrusader
Whoa, pardner, slow it down there. Cloud was not put into the infantry because he was a failed Sephiroth clone. Cloud failed the SOLDIER mental examination and was put into the infantry because of that, all of this happened years before he was in the Sephiroth clone experiment, whixh is actually the same procedure that makes SOLDIERs, just on subjects without the mental and physical prowess of SOLDIER candidates.

And neither Genesis nor Angeal got less Jenova cells, or even a different grade of Jenova cells, than Sephiroth. Both of the G type SOLDIERs have Gillians genetic material in their own genes, Genesis had it added when he was in his mother's womb, and Angeal received it directly as he is Gillian's child. Gillian was injected with Jenova cells before her genes were put into either SOLDIER, but they weren't ever given actual cells, just genetic material from someone affected by J cells.

fortinbross
The third fight Sephiroth wasn't really trying, that has been stated in various interviews and magazines. The sole purpose of AC was for Sephiroth to infect the lifestream and mess with Cloud.

fortinbross
But i do know that not every SOLDIER was made as a Sephiroth clone, if you remember the Reuinion in the game there was only about 20 to 30 of them.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
And neither Genesis nor Angeal got less Jenova cells, or even a different grade of Jenova cells, than Sephiroth. Both of the G type SOLDIERs have Gillians genetic material in their own genes, Genesis had it added when he was in his mother's womb, and Angeal received it directly as he is Gillian's child. Gillian was injected with Jenova cells before her genes were put into either SOLDIER, but they weren't ever given actual cells, just genetic material from someone affected by J cells.

Thats basically what I meant from different grade

fascistcrusader
Fortinbross, of course not every SOLDIER was made into a Sephiroth clone, that wouldn't achieve Hojo's goals. Hojo needed subjects to test his reunion theory, so he had to have people with minds broken by mako poisoning so that all they could do was listen to the Jenova cells he placed in them. This process is the same process used to make SOLDIERs, but it was done on everyone who survived the Nobelheim incident, and these people didn't have the strong will and physical strength to be in SOLDIER, so they became the mindless clones we see in FF VII. Zack was the only SOLDIER who went through this experiment, as he was unfortunate enough to survive Sephiroth's massacre, and Hojo deemed him a failure because he retained his mind perfectly.

fortinbross
Ok Fascistcrusader i see what your saying.

Can we get back to the actual thread though? I know all of the info pertained to the thread but we've kind of got off subject.

fortinbross
Alright i guess it has been desided then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.