Forum Community

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand-Moff-Gav
The name of this forum is the "Killer Movies Community Forums" but I was wondering, how much do you feel like you are part of a Community?

Do you know other posters well, perhaps belonging to a group of Forum Friends (tm)?

Or do you like to take parts in the debates but don't really get involved in the community on a person level?

Symmetric Chaos
These are my only friends cry

BackFire
I've been here a while so I feel I've made a number of friends on these boards, unfortunately most of whom I've lost touch with over the years.

Still talk to a number of people on this board regularly, though.

the.kenzo
Originally posted by BackFire
I've been here a while so I feel I've made a number of friends on these boards, unfortunately most of whom I've lost touch with over the years.

Still talk to a number of people on this board regularly, though.

Get back in touch with me. no expression

BackFire
Bend over.

the.kenzo
Originally posted by BackFire
Bend over.

Not in that way. The other way.

Darth Macabre
I've been here for a long time, and I don't really know anybody at a personal level.

KidRock
Been here a while as well.

I don't know anyone on a personal level or speak to any of them outside the forum, but I would say I definitley know the personalities pretty well of a few of the members on here.

Bardock42
I do feel like part of a community. I talk to quite a few people outside and made friends with some on a personal level, even extending into offline relationships. I do feel sympathies with some of the posters, may dislike others and on the whole do think of the people as part of the community and are often interested in what they have to say.

Grand-Moff-Gav
How often do you think of members when you are not online?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
How often do you think of members when you are not online?

Not on line? What's that? laughing

Bicnarok

=Tired Hiker=
I've been here for a couple of weeks and I feel I'm starting to get to know some of you quite well.

Digi
The name of this forum is the "Killer Movies Community Forums" but I was wondering, how much do you feel like you are part of a Community?

Do you know other posters well, perhaps belonging to a group of Forum Friends (tm)?

Or do you like to take parts in the debates but don't really get involved in the community on a person level?

Seems like you're playing semantics. There's more than one meaning of 'community.' Obviously it won't fit into all meanings for all people.

Bardock42
How often do you think of members when you are not online? I don't keep track of it, but I would suppose sometime, more likely though I'd think of topics I want to discuss, or the RPG I play on here, or witty things I should have said...which of course all relates to the members on here.

jaden101
I hate you all...Always have.

Mairuzu
Nothing like a good ol group bashing makes me feel more in touch with this community

Da Pittman
I'm on a forum??? eek!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Da Pittman
I'm on a forum??? eek!

Take the red pill, and stay calm. stick out tongue

Originally posted by jaden101
I hate you all...Always have.

At least there is always something I can count on. stick out tongue

jaden101
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Nothing like a good ol group bashing makes me feel more in touch with this community

Is that just another word for orgy?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Digi
Seems like you're playing semantics. There's more than one meaning of 'community.' Obviously it won't fit into all meanings for all people.

Relax. Enjoy the conversation.

Darth Macabre
Nothing like a good ol group bashing makes me feel more in touch with this community I'm with Jaden on this one, it sounds like an orgy.

jaden101
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I'm with Jaden on this one, it sounds like an orgy.

Sterling...I'll get the lube.

Robtard
Sterling...I'll get the lube.

Don't you Scots just you whatever drippings you have laying about in the cupboards?

jaden101
Well I tried marmite but got a yeast infection so that's out.

can't waste dripping when there's so many mars bars to deep fry though.

porridge can work though if it's sweet and not salty...no prunes either cos that's an accident wainting to happen.

Mairuzu
Is that just another word for orgy? as long as someone is having fun

Robtard
as long as someone is having fun

That's the excuse the Nazis used, sir.

botankus
It's a large community with about 40 neighborhoods, but I really only "hang out" in 3 of them. The other 37 are filled with strangers and almost like a foreign country to me.

inimalist

that sig made me ROTFGLMAO for cereals

WhoopeeDee
Just acquaintances only...nothing personal.

dadudemon
Yeah, the OTF has its own version of this thread.

In case you guys don't know, Bardock is the same a**hole on and off the boards. He isn't a poser.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm shocked, just shocked.

Monkey bum
Lot\'s of sad and lonely people in this thread. You can sense the pain. God bless them.

MildPossession
Only a few boards I'm on are close because there are not hundreds and hundreds on. For example, one board I am on we were all going to meet up at a film festival that is going on right now but I couldn't make it this week! sad One of the girls on the board has come over all the way from America to the festival in Britain, a few have actually. Very close community on the board. smile

Next year hopefully!

botankus
Great idea, MP. I propose we all meet up at the next Religious/Political/Gay Rights/Black Power Convention. Should be a lot of fun!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.