1408 Good Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pgdarth95
i saw 1408 a while ago and i thought it was a great movie but my sister, mom, and friend all thought it was boring, was it really that bad??

MildPossession
I enjoyed 1408, decent horror film, creeped me out in parts.

That ACDC Chick
it was okay
not creepy enough to hook me though

pgdarth95
im very clastraphobic so the image of being locked in some crazy room might be more scary to me than to others tv_horror

BackFire
It's not bad.

Pandemoniac
Being an adaptation of a short story by King, not bad at all. But as ever, to make this a full lenght movie a lot of filler and unnecessary scenes were put in. Looked good and all, but the material was stretched to much to really deliver the punch the written story had.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by BackFire
It's not bad.

I'm sure you called it mediocre last week?

Its one of the best psychological horrors and I'd say that people who have had a young child that has passed away would get the most of the this movie. Movies are made for a certain group of people. Example Transformers is made for teenage boys, 1408 is made for parents with children that have passed away.

If I told you all the real meaning behind Session 9 you would think I'm psychotic.

BackFire
Yes, not bad = mediocre.

Mediocre = average.

Not bad = average.

Average = Not bad.

Class dismissed.

BruceSkywalker
i've seen this, its an ok horror film

DarthLazious
It was not as good as I thought it was gonna be but it wasn't scary to me at all.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
i thought it was great, creeped me out some parts.... it wasn't a horror-horror film, its kind of like more of a suspense thriller-ish thing, but its certainly better than some crap hollywood produces.

I liked it a lot.

lil bitchiness
I enjoyed the movie. It was creepy at parts, but I liked the story idea a lot more.

yuhang919
I like it.I saw it a long time ago.

Micheal_Myers
Thought it was crap.

Insomniatric
I liked it.

Myth
First half was interesting. The second half was crap. The part where they let him think he escaped was so predictable, and it lasted like 15-20 minutes. Most pointless 20 minutes in a movie I've seen in a long time.

Wolfie
It was alright. I would've picked a different ending but I enjoyed it.

pearlshea
I like this movie. It an amazing horror movie

K.Diddy
Originally posted by BackFire
Yes, not bad = mediocre.

Mediocre = average.

Not bad = average.

Average = Not bad.

Class dismissed.

laughing out loud

the ninjak
This was potentially a great film, getting psychadelic like Fear and Loathing Las Vegas.

But the last 3rd of the film went really downhill. A shame. Could have been a classic if it kept up the pace.

Deano
Originally posted by deathbycorn
I'm sure you called it mediocre last week?

Its one of the best psychological horrors and I'd say that people who have had a young child that has passed away would get the most of the this movie. Movies are made for a certain group of people. Example Transformers is made for teenage boys, 1408 is made for parents with children that have passed away.

If I told you all the real meaning behind Session 9 you would think I'm psychotic.

do explain your session 9 theory

MildPossession
Deathbycorn isn't here anymore.

K.Diddy
beer Been a longtime since I seen it,and when I did see it,I think I was half drunk,so cant remember an awful lot about it,but from the top of my head,I would say the movie is ''Average''

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Example Transformers is made for teenage boys, 1408 is made for parents with children that have passed away.

You don't need to relate to a film in order to like it.

MildPossession
For a second time, he ain't here to reply guys...

K.Diddy
Originally posted by MildPossession
For a second time, he ain't here to reply guys...

laughing out loud

MildPossession
I know. smile

K.Diddy
Originally posted by MildPossession
I know. smile

smile I'm in love with you

Myth
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
You don't need to relate to a film in order to like it.

In fact, I don't think most people would want to watch a horror movie that reminds them of their dead child. Maybe a movie about a person who deals with the death of a child in a realistic way, but wanting to watch a horror movie that reminds them of their own child's death just sounds messed up. I'd say a movie like 1408 works better as a hypothetical than as a reminder of somebody's real traumatic memories.

KurtRussellCrow
I enjoyed it

Dave_97
i pre-ordered the directors cut 2 disc set.

i enjoyed it, still do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.