Survive The Planet of Terror!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
The Planet of Terror is uncharted planet that is in the middle of the galaxy. All known recorded people who have gone there have never come back. You are in charge of a top secret military division that deals with these kinds of situations.

You are to create a team of 6 individuals who will go to the planet and survive there for a year. You can pick anyone you like from villains, heroes, to just ordinary people(wouldn't advise it). No Superman level characters. This includes Hancock, Mary Embrey, Silver Surfer, ect. Explain what each character's role would be for your team.

The island includes the following hostile things which will try to kill you at any and all costs not to mention regular things that we fight like bugs, tigers, bears, crocodiles, and alligators we have in real life:
*Dinosaurs (Jurassic Park)
*Xenomorphs (Alien)
*Giant Snakes (Anaconda)
*Dragons (Reign of Fire)
*Vampires (30 Days of Night)
*Sharks (Jaws)
*Giant Spiders (Eight Legged Freaks)
*Clover (Cloverfield)

Characters that you pick are allowed to bring there limited vehicles. For example, Batman can brings his Tumbler. Nite Owl can have his Owlship. Jango Fett can have Slave I. Captain Nemo can't have the Nautilus b/c there will be no crew to man it. Same goes for Picard and the Enterprise.

Assume this planet is an exact copy of Earth. The air, water, sun, and night is the same. Also remeber that this is a planet so your team won't be fighting all of the creatures at the same time. One area could be a Dinosaur territory. Dragons may occupy another. You team must engage these creatures, the can't just sit and hide for a year. But also take note that these creatures are battling each other for the planet so they'll engage each other as well. Explain if you think there would be any casualties for your team. Have fun.

Quincy
TETSSUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Darth Martin
Team Roster
*Optimus Prime (Leader): Being large Prime is perfect to combat T-Rex's, dinosaurs, and Clover. His alien weaponry will be key here. Much like Yoda's lightsaber Prime has his energon swords. Not to mention he'll be transporting the members who can't fly. He's also a great leader on the battlefield.
*Yoda (Second-in-Command): Yoda has already been on the battlefield before. This is nothing new to him. Yoda's small size will be key in allowing him to use stealth. His lightsaber will go through anything on the planet and he surely has the skills to wield it. His Force abilities will alow him to telekinetically wreck havoc on the many hostile things.
*Starscream (Air Support): Starscream will primarily be used to fight the dragons. They should be no match for his flight prowess. When he's not fighting them he'll be providing air support for his teamates on the ground.
*Hulk (Brick): I don't see anything stopping this brute. I mean this guy's archnemesis is the U.S. Military. Optimus will point and Hulk will smash! His healing factor will be key when battling xenomorphs. He'll also play a big part in battling Clover. He can be called ground support. Besides when he's not the Hulk, it doesn't hurt to have another genius on the team in Bruce Banner. Besides Hulk will kill those anacondas with his teeth.
*Iron Man (Scout): Iron Man will be scouting out areas with his speed, size, and stealth he is key for checking out spots before his crew steps foot on them. He will mostly be helping out on the ground when he's not scouting. Starscream will cover the air. Iron Man brings versatility to the team. Plus, as usual Stark's a genius.
*Wolf (Stealth): Wolf is here mainly because of his experience with xenomorphs. He has probably hunted everything there is to kill on this island except for Clover. Besides the xenomorphs Wolf will be invisible to everyone. His metal will cut through anything on this planet. His duel plasma cannons will serve him well too.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Team Roster
*Optimus Prime (Leader): Being large Prime is perfect to combat T-Rex's, dinosaurs, and Clover. His alien weaponry will be key here. Much like Yoda's lightsaber Prime has his energon swords. Not to mention he'll be transporting the members who can't fly. He's also a great leader on the battlefield.
*Yoda (Second-in-Command): Yoda has already been on the battlefield before. This is nothing new to him. Yoda's small size will be key in allowing him to use stealth. His lightsaber will go through anything on the planet and he surely has the skills to wield it. His Force abilities will alow him to telekinetically wreck havoc on the many hostile things.
*Starscream (Air Support): Starscream will primarily be used to fight the dragons. They should be no match for his flight prowess. When he's not fighting them he'll be providing air support for his teamates on the ground.
*Hulk (Brick): I don't see anything stopping this brute. I mean this guy's archnemesis is the U.S. Military. Optimus will point and Hulk will smash! His healing factor will be key when battling xenomorphs. He'll also play a big part in battling Clover. He can be called ground support. Besides when he's not the Hulk, it doesn't hurt to have another genius on the team in Bruce Banner. Besides Hulk will kill those anacondas with his teeth.
*Iron Man (Scout): Iron Man will be scouting out areas with his speed, size, and stealth he is key for checking out spots before his crew steps foot on them. He will mostly be helping out on the ground when he's not scouting. Starscream will cover the air. Iron Man brings versatility to the team. Plus, as usual Stark's a genius.
*Wolf (Stealth): Wolf is here mainly because of his experience with xenomorphs. He has probably hunted everything there is to kill on this island except for Clover. Besides the xenomorphs Wolf will be invisible to everyone. His metal will cut through anything on this planet. His duel plasma cannons will serve him well too.

He said "no superhuman" :P

Team Leader: Adrien Veidt (from the watchmen)
Tony Stark (from Iron Man)
Bobba Fett (from Star Wars)
Frank Castle (from The Punisher)
Smith (from Shoot 'Em Up)
Ash (from Army of Darkness)

If I don't succeed, at least, I have the biggest bad ass team! :P

But I would win, mostly with Veidt aka the prep master and Iron Man.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
He said "no superhuman" :P I said no Superman level characters. Check the OP again.

Superhumans are allowed. wink

Dr Will Hatch
I swear it said superhuman before, but oh well.

Darth Martin
Got a team Hatch?

Rogue Jedi
Prolly not the best team, but I like it:

Wolverine: Wolvie has regen and his claws, plus his adamantium skeleton. He could pretty much solo the xenos, and could take out many a dinosaur.

Predator: Stealth and Plasma cannon. The enemy will never see him.

The Beastmaster (Dar): Potentially the most valuable team member. He can communicate with the animals, maybe get them to stand down.

Blade: Solos the vampires.

Deadpool: Regen, adamantium swords, optic blasts, teleporting.....need I say more?

Hulk: Hulk would be, well, Hulk. He would probably be enough to take out Cloverfield.

Aquaman: Aquaman could turn the dolphins on Jaws.

Dr Will Hatch
Got a team Hatch? Do I have a team? I have THE team that will be running the place in three monthes:

Wolverine
Charles Xavier
T-800
Yoda
Peter Pan
John McClane

Beat that. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Wouldnt Xavier fall under superhuman?

Darth Martin
Not sure if Xavier will effect animals but oh well. Which version of Pan?

And Rogue, where did you get Aquaman from?

Dr Will Hatch
Animals have minds don't they?

2003 version of Pan, he was a beast.

Darth Martin
Never saw that film. I've only seen the Disney animated version and Hook.

Rogue Jedi
Not sure if Xavier will effect animals but oh well. Which version of Pan?

And Rogue, where did you get Aquaman from? I think Xavier shouldnt be allowed, that makes it too easy.

Aquaman?

http://www.eskimo.com/~tegan/aqua/media/entourage.html

I dunno if it counts though.....just a thought.

Question: Lets say I chose Rambo, what equipment does Rambo get?

Dr Will Hatch
It's very good and close to what the novel was like.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Question: Lets say I chose Rambo, what equipment does Rambo get? The idea was that he'd pack what he thought he would need for a year.

Rogue Jedi
The idea was that he'd pack what he thought he would need for a year. OK so he gets his bow and arrow, bowie knife, and any weapons he sees fit to carry? (Weapons he used in the Rambo movies, of course.)

Darth Martin
Yes. And so would anyother character.

For example, Iron Man would have enough power for a year.

Rogue Jedi
Yes. And so would anyother character.

For example, Iron Man would have enough power for a year. Well DAMN.......New list time:

Rambo: His stealth, C4 arrowheads, the M60, dude, he is a one man wrecking crew.

Predator: Stealth and Plasma cannon. The enemy will never see him.

The Beastmaster (Dar): Potentially the most valuable team member. He can communicate with the animals, maybe get them to stand down.

Blade: Solos the vampires.

Deadpool: Regen, adamantium swords, optic blasts, teleporting.....need I say more?

Hulk: Hulk would be, well, Hulk. He would probably be enough to take out Cloverfield.

Same list, Rambo replaces Aquaman.

Bouboumaster
I'll do a new list:

Adrien Veidt
Tony Stark (with his Iron Man suit)
Jango Fett
Blade
Deadpool (X-Men Origin: Wolverine)
And if he's allowed, I'll go with Ang Lee's Hulk, the one who thrown the tank miles away.

Darth Martin
Hulk is definately allowed.

Rogue Jedi
I take Hulk off my list, he could solo the island.

Darth Martin
What makes you think that?

Your not trying to make it interesting, you want to give your team the best chance at survival.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, but if you have one person who can solo the island, it makes it far too easy for the team. Superman, Hancock, Xavier, Hulk, these guys could solo the island.

Darth Martin
Superman and Hancock might be able to. But Hulk? Xavier's not a combat guy so I wouldn't include him. He could be snuck up on.

Rogue Jedi
Xaveir could, if his mind powers work on animals, mind rape the island in a heatbeat. Hulk, well, how will any of the island's inhabitants hurt him?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Xaveir could, if his mind powers work on animals, mind rape the island in a heatbeat. Hulk, well, how will any of the island's inhabitants hurt him? That is far out of his capabilities. It is stated in X2 that if he did that he'd kill himself in the process. I'm not sure he could even do that w/o Cerebro.

Xavier would be ****ed by a facehugger.

Rogue Jedi
Then I guess Xavier would be more of a hindrance than help.

Darth Martin
Bingo. He's not a combat soldier. Diplomacy won't get you anywhere on this planet.

Rogue Jedi
I like Rambo in this. His C4 tipped arrows, M60, M16, with enough ammo for a year, he does serious damage.

The only island inhabitant I cant figure how they survive is Jaws, unless they totally avoid the water.

Robtard
If Hulk is allowed, he solos this, especially Ang-Hulk.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
If Hulk is allowed, he solos this, especially Ang-Hulk. Exactly, he shouldn't be allowed.

Darth Martin
I don't like him, nor do I like any humans in this scenario. Over a year? Against giant snakes, Clover, t-rex's, and Xeno's. I think your looking at another purple heart for this casualty.

Rogue Jedi
I don't like him, nor do I like any humans in this scenario. Over a year? Against giant snakes, Clover, t-rex's, and Xeno's. I think your looking at another purple heart for this casualty. Dude, how would the named creatures harm Hulk? Bite him?

Darth Martin
I was referring to John Rambo in that post.

But to answer your question: Hulk is not Hulk all the time. The time that he is Banner and resting he could be snuck up on. I think Clover vs Hulk in a 1on1 battle would be the end of Banner. Like Kong he could take 3 T-Rex's, probably, but anymore and that's a stretch.

Rogue Jedi
I thought the thread implied that if Hulk is on the island, he remains Hulk for a year.

Darth Martin
No, that wasn't the idea. But if you want smething similar just get Juggernaut, Abomination, Mr. Incredible, or Thing.

Rogue Jedi
All Banner needs is to be angry to transform, right? Not that hard to get angry.

Darth Martin
But we can agree he doesn't do it instantly. He could be offed before he fully transforms.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.