Witch-King vs. Voldemort

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
Lord of Nazgul
l0WqVvQqqDU

vs. the most powerful dark wizard ever.

Who wins?

Darth Martin
Probably Voldemort.

Witch-King was killed by that pathetic female in ROTK. Whereas Voldemort has been casting spells for 6 films now.

NemeBro
Witch-King lost to a midget and a woman who was inexperienced in battle.

Yeah.

Placidity
No man can kill the Witch-King?

Nephthys
Lich Witch King can't be killed by a man, so he probably wins.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Placidity
No man can kill the Witch-King? When Voldemort was nude in Goblet of Fire as a baby and adult, did you see a penis? estahuh

Luminatus
The only way they killed the Witch-King was with a plot device sword. Or was it a dagger... Normal swords do absolutely nothing as he's a wraith.

As such I'm unfamiliar with what Voldy could do to beat him..

NemeBro
Originally posted by Luminatus
The only way they killed the Witch-King was with a plot device sword. Or was it a dagger... Normal swords do absolutely nothing as he's a wraith.

As such I'm unfamiliar with what Voldy could do to beat him.. Was this in the movie? Keep in mind the books do not count.

Luminatus
No idea. Might have been.

Also I forgot he overpowered Gandalf. Gandalf has some pretty impressive feats in the movies like his fight with the Balrog and such.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NemeBro
When Voldemort was nude in Goblet of Fire as a baby and adult, did you see a penis? estahuh His dark mark? haermm

omgchos
No idea. Might have been.

Also I forgot he overpowered Gandalf. Gandalf has some pretty impressive feats in the movies like his fight with the Balrog and such.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x58/justsmguy2/PsykerWB44f0fd34c013f.jpg

XanatosForever
Witch-King lost to a midget and a woman who was inexperienced in battle.

Yeah.

Inexperienced in battle, but not untrained. Voldemort gets owned by his own failed creation.

Robtard
Lord of Nazgul

vs. the most powerful dark wizard ever.

Who wins?

Witch King wins. He need only destroy Vold's little wand with a thought and then crush him.

Voldermort isn't the "most powerful dark wizard ever" either, that's something only a silly HP fanboy would say, shame on you for being one. Skeletor is more powerful and far darker, as his skin is blue.

KingD19
Yeah, Witch King was literal when he said no man can kill him, and since he's already a dead half ghost thing, Death Spells will not work. Voldemort gets a new nose.

Bloinky
Witch King ftw. 10/10

NemeBro
Lol.

His manipulation of the gigantic fire snake of doom did not involve the use of his wand at all.

He could kill the Witch-King with that.

Also, destroy his wand? Cause the Witch-King really showed that in the movies...Right? Oh, and spells in HP that directly target the wand, are easily defended against by Voldemort.

Seriously, we are talking about the guy who got the shit kicked out of him by Aragorn wielding a torch. Not to mention the other Nazgul were there to back him up. Lol.

KingD19
The fact still remains that a man can't defeat the witch king, which means Voldy is up the creek without a paddle.

NemeBro
So...The prophecies and destiny shit in Tolkienverse are being used in a vs. thread on a forum?

Lol. Pathetic.

XanatosForever
no expression Why?

NemeBro
Because vs. threads are set in a neutral setting where certain laws of the other universe do not apply.

You want to play this shitty game, it was prophecised that only Harry Potter and Voldemort are capable of killing eachother.

So since Witch-King=/=Harry Potter, OBVIOUSLY, he is incapable of killing Voldemort! eek!

By that shitty train of logic anyway.

Bloinky
Wait, is Voldemort even considered still human in his current state?

NemeBro
I personally would not consider him to be human, but what is your point?

Bloinky
I personally would not consider him to be human, but what is your point?

Cause even, with the law still.... If Voldemort isn't human then how is he man?

NemeBro
He also clearly has no visible genitalia. 131

Putting the prophecy in play is a clear cop-out to be honest, and an admission that the Witch-King is chanceless.

WO Polaski
its a PROPHESY. its a telling of the future. it wont protect the witch king because its a plot device. thats like saying AotC Anakin cant be defeated because the prophecy says that hell bring balance to the force meaning he cant die until he does so. plot devices dont come into play in vs. threads. stop bringing that shit up.

Robtard
He also clearly has no visible genitalia. 131

Putting the prophecy in play is a clear cop-out to be honest, and an admission that the Witch-King is chanceless.

Maybe he had it removed, maybe Dumbledore bite it off back in the day, maybe it was removed due to the PG-13 status of the film. Dude is still a man.

Capt'N O Despair doesn't need to bring in the protective prophecy here, he just throws his sword and/or flail at Voldermort and either impales him or crushes his bald head.

How is Voldermort going to kill an undead being to begin with?

WO Polaski
with magic? a sword to the face was able to kill him. fire was able to make him run away. run far enough away that he didnt bother them again for like two days. that would count as a win as far as vs. fights are concerned.

Robtard
And I'm asking which spells does Voldermort have at his disposal that would kill a dead guy, more to the point, kill that dead guy before he had his head crushed.

Sword had to be magical(as in the book), otherwise we'd have to assume the protection prophecy is in play.

Aragorn is too cool, that's why.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Robtard
And I'm asking which spells does Voldermort have at his disposal that would kill a dead guy, more to the point, kill that dead guy before he had his head crushed.

ive never seen a harry potter movie lol. but i do know that the witch-king never actually fights gandalf in the theatrical release of the movie. that scene is a deleted scene meaning its not canon to the movies and thus not canon here. so what wand breaking/crushing skills does the WK have?

also death is not the only way to win a vs. thread. incapacitation is the only requirement for victory. that means BFR knock-out and the opponent retreating are all viable ways to win. i dont know if he has this spell in the movie but in the book voldemort could set people on fire. if he has that spell then this is a cake walk because as weve seen the WK is vulnerable to fire.

the prophecy doesnt have to do with anything because its a prophecy. it doesnt hold any relevance to anything even within the books it didnt mean anything.and in the movie the sword was never stated to be magical or shown to have any magical properties so it in affect... wasnt.

Robtard
Uncut/extended DVD versions are just as canon, DVDs count.

Crushing skills come from a combo of his super-strength and that 500+lbs wrecking-ball of a flail he wields. Or the great-sword will do.

WO Polaski
they are? imped agrees?

i dunno about those weapons. they move slow as ****. eowyn dodged them pretty easily for the most part and she didnt use any fancy footwork.

also voldemort can apparate and hes a ranged fighter so hes never going to allow himself to get within 30 feet of the WK anyway. the WK has no ranged abilities and has never really shown the ability to sprint or anything so its not like he can tag voldemort anyway.

Robtard
It's aright, Witchy can use his uber-strength to throw one of his weapons at Voldermort, while he's busy casting some spell that likely won't kill the dead guy to begin with.

WO Polaski
what uber strength? if he isnt strong enough to swing his flail with at least decent speed what makes you think he can toss that huge thing with enough speed to hit a man who is possibly 30-50 feet away before the man can teleport away or simply... duck?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by WO Polaski
what uber strength? if he isnt strong enough to swing his flail with at least decent speed what makes you think he can toss that huge thing with enough speed to hit a man who is possibly 30-50 feet away before the man can teleport away or simply... duck?

no expression The fact he can even wield that massive chunk of whatever-the-hell-it-is should be a good hint he has some pretty impressive strength. Now, replace it with something significantly lighter, maybe a spear or something. Still think that thing is gonna be traveling slowly? I know WK doesn't have a spear, but it's the same concept with his sword, then.

Robtard

Are you butt-****ing serious with that question?

He swings that humongous thing around with no problem, even rips it out of the ground after he misses and it bites in, so there's that and considering he can hold it out at arms length, he is definitely super-strong; possibility delving into the super-duper-strong range.

Like I said, or the sword will do, even if he hits Voldermort with the non-business end of his blade, it's taking the wizard out.

No, he'd wait until Voldermort was casting a spell and throw it then, relying that the spell won't kill him (as the death spell wouldn't, there's probably others too), but his hit will kill Voldermort, which Vldermort won't be able to duck or cast a teleport in time, since he committed to the first spell to begin with. It's all in the timing.

Just look how bad-ass this mofo is, he's almost in Vader's range of bad-assery.

WO Polaski
the difference being that swords arent aerodynamic while spears are. so no it wouldnt be even remotely the same.

XanatosForever
Actually, if anything, a sword would be more difficult to avoid because of the arced trajectory and spin, there's no telling which side Voldemort would get facing him.

WO Polaski
Are you butt-****ing serious with that question?

He swings that humongous thing around with no problem, even rips it out of the ground after he misses and it bites in, so there's that and considering he can hold it out at arms length, he is definitely super-strong; possibility delving into the super-duper-strong range.

how is that super duper strength? he swings it slowly and its on a freakin chain meaning sheer momentum ad inertia are doing most of the work. if he moved it quickly id agree with you but he doesnt he moves it slowly as if it were a large cumbersome weapon. thats not even 1 ton strength.

voldemort cant side step and cast a spell at the same time? considering wizards were shown to be able to cast spells while dodging other spells it stands to reason that he can dodge a sword or flail moving at 5 miles an hour.

and youre ignoring one of my statements. the WK has shown an extreme vulernability to fire in the movies. so one fire attack or water or anything of that sort and its over. hes not invincible the movies never portray that.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Actually, if anything, a sword would be more difficult to avoid because of the arced trajectory and spin, there's no telling which side Voldemort would get facing him.

he can teleport. no expression

XanatosForever
And we're under the assumption that WK is smart enough to catch Voldy mid-spell. Out comes the sword, and Voldy's gotta make his concentration check otherwise he not only loses the spell, but gets gutted. stick out tongue

WO Polaski
i agree.

voldemort cant side step and cast a spell at the same time? considering wizards were shown to be able to cast spells while dodging other spells it stands to reason that he can dodge a sword or flail moving at 5 miles an hour.

XanatosForever
I stand by my D&D based humor! mad

Edit: Back on topic, it depends on whether or not Voldy would expect it. Seeing some guy in black lugging around a giant flail, most would not prepare for the possibility that he would not be coming for you with said flail.

Robtard
how is that super duper strength? he swings it slowly and its on a freakin chain meaning sheer momentum ad inertia are doing most of the work. if he moved it quickly id agree with you but he doesnt he moves it slowly as if it were a large cumbersome weapon. thats not even 1 ton strength.

and youre ignoring one of my statements. the WK has shown an extreme vulernability to fire in the movies. so one fire attack or water or anything of that sort and its over. hes not invincible the movies never portray that.

Because it's huge, it's metal and he has both the strength to hold it at arms length and the strength to hold onto it while the momentum multiplies the weight during a swing. Dude is super-strong, no normal strong human could swing that thing, let alone hold onto it while it's swung or hold it out at arms length.

Either the flail nor the sword.(especially the sword) would be moving that slow, come on now. Voldermort can't cast a spell, then cast another spell or stop casting the first spell to dodge that fast, he'd have a second (maybe two) to do it all.

And I'm saying while Voldermort is casting that fire spell (can he cast fire spells?), he's going to get a sword and/or flail in the chest. I'm willing to bet the Witch King doesn't go down from just one spell, while Voldermort would go down from one of his blows.

Witch King can also shatter wooden magical instruments (ie Vold's wand) with just a shout (shout, let it all out, these are the things I can do without, come on, I', talking to you, come on), so that would both counter Vold's first attack and logically stun him for a second; that's all the time the Witch King needs.

WO Polaski
Because it's huge, it's metal and he has both the strength to hold it at arms length and the strength to hold onto it while the momentum multiplies the weight during a swing. Dude is super-strong, no normal strong human could swing that thing, let alone hold onto it while it's swung or hold it out at arms length.

i never said he wasnt stronger then a human. but being stronger then a human is a far cry from being able to toss something at extreme speeds.

hed be able to toss it at basically the same speed he can attack with it since its a flail all he does when he attacks is hurl it at his enemies so its the same premise. we see how slowly he does that.

why does he have to stop moving to cast a spell at all? i repeat my earlier statement:

I could dodge it with two seconds to react. ive performed greater feats of reaction skills in a car while being distracted lol.

one fire spell will send him packing if one torch could do it. thats an auto-victory for voldemort. i dont know if he has firespells in the movie. like i said i havent seen any of them. but i also know that a beam of light was enough to scare the wraiths away in the return of the king movie. so it stands to reason that that would also work.

i dont remember the scream of death... can you possibly show me?

and an irrelevant question. can you think of a word that means "aniously looking forward to" or something of that nature?

WO Polaski
thats supposed to be anxiously not aniously.

Robtard
See the link to the extended scene I posted above.

I'm sticking to Voldermort going down to some metal in the face.

I as sure hell can, tell him (her?) "I await with bated breath." Get all Shakespeare with it.

WO Polaski
See the link to the extended scene I posted above.

oh. that. i dont think he can do that to anyone. i think that at that point in the movie the WK was superior to gandalf which is why he could **** with him with magic. dunno if voldemorts going for the oky doke like that though. also its not instantaneous apparently. dude was creaming for a moment.

thats cause youre a bastard.

thanks. laughing out loud

NemeBro
When did deleted scenes become canon on this forum?

As for him throwing a flail at Voldemort...Lol, you do know that he can apparate while casting spells right? That's basic shit in the movies.

A torch scared away the WK. Lesser wizards than Voldemort have fire spells capable of warding away the WK. Oh, and in the trailer from The Half-Blood Prince, Voldemort is using some sort of fire spell as well.

Also, who in the hell is to say Avada Kedavra will not work? He can die, that was shown clearly. Oh, and before you say "IT WAZ T3H MAJIK SORD!!!"...Avada Kedavra is a magic spell. no expression

WK is chanceless.

Robtard
Na, when Voldrmort first tries to cast a spell, Witch is going to scream like banshee in a Deathmetal band, thereby shattering his little wand; then Vold is then looking down at the remnants of prostate-poker in a combination of shock,awe and fear, Witch is flinging his sword right into the bald asexual's head. /the end

This is how it is, just accept it and move on, sir.

AngryManatee
As long as this doesn't happen, my money's on the Witch King.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/BrianOfRothgar/Sour.gif

NemeBro
Na, when Voldrmort first tries to cast a spell, Witch is going to scream like banshee in a Deathmetal band, thereby shattering his little wand; then Vold is then looking down at the remnants of prostate-poker in a combination of shock,awe and fear, Witch is flinging his sword right into the bald asexual's head. /the end

This is how it is, just accept it and move on, sir. Noncanon sir. And Voldemort does not need his wand to cast every spell.

Robtard
Noncanon sir. And Voldemort does not need his wand to cast every spell.

It's in the ****ing extended movie, sir. Movie is the movie.

No, but the shock of having his little toy explode in his hand whilst waving it about will cause a long enough distraction for WK to send metal to his face.

NemeBro
It's in the ****ing extended movie, sir. Movie is the movie.

No, but the shock of having his little toy explode in his hand whilst waving it about will cause a long enough distraction for WK to send metal to his face. Noncanon sir.

Apparation happens with a thought.

Although seriously, Voldemort would kill him before WK does his angsty scream.

Witch King of A
Excuse me, The Witch King have conquested Arnor in the book, i'm sorry for everyone who likes Harry Potter, but The Witch King wins this one, with or without his powerful army, he would destroy voldemort...and after all, are you calling The Witch King is a Dark Lord?
'cause this is Voldemort's tittle, the Witch King is have a ring of power, and can be killed by a woman only, are you calling voldemort gay???
Tomorrow i put another commentary.

Lord Lucien
We're all anxiously awaiting it.

RE: Blaxican
Damn Rob, Polaski was laying into you brah.

MetalIsDead
As much as I hate potterverse... Volder wins.

quanchi112
Voldemort wins but I think that scene should be canon. Wasn't 'Gandalf without his wand throughout most of the film anyways iirc ? I think it was only cut due to time constraints and makes sense too.

Thoren
lolz avada kedavra to Witch King, and plop to the ground.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Thoren
lolz avada kedavra to Witch King, and plop to the ground. I honestly don't think that'd work but it comes down to personal opinion only. I think Voldy wins but by exploiting the fire weakness and I don't see him able to kill him but he doesn't have to to win.

NemeBro
Voldemort wins easily, kekekeke.

gabi123
i know this was long ago but i cant stand while lies are left to stink up the truth. one there is no way in hell that valdy could kill the witch king why well here when he said no man could kill him t wasnet that no male could kill him he meant no mortal the only reason he died is because the knife that the hobbit used to stab his leg was enchanted with ancient powerful magic that was strong enough to break the immortality curse that the witch king had on him which led to his death and there you go avadra kadavra would not do anything to him his curse protects him from such a spell he cannot be killed unless you have a holy and very powerful type of attack which is something that voldemort dosent have

gabi123
Originally posted by gabi123
i know this was long ago but i cant stand while lies are left to stink up the truth. one there is no way in hell that valdy could kill the witch king. why? well here when he said no man could kill him t wasn't that no male could kill him he meant no mortal. the only reason he died is because the knife that the hobbit used to stab his leg was enchanted with ancient powerful magic that was strong enough to break the immortality curse that the witch king had on him, which led to his death and there you go. avadra kadavra would not do anything to him his curse protects him from such a spell he cannot be killed unless you have a holy and very powerful type of attack which is something that voldemort dosent have and here you go the truth has entered the light for these biased imbeciles

dadudemon
Originally posted by gabi123
i know this was long ago but i cant stand while lies are left to stink up the truth. one there is no way in hell that valdy could kill the witch king why well here when he said no man could kill him t wasnet that no male could kill him he meant no mortal the only reason he died is because the knife that the hobbit used to stab his leg was enchanted with ancient powerful magic that was strong enough to break the immortality curse that the witch king had on him which led to his death and there you go avadra kadavra would not do anything to him his curse protects him from such a spell he cannot be killed unless you have a holy and very powerful type of attack which is something that voldemort dosent have

Trololololololololol!

Pwned
Well. Thread necromancers abound.

Ill put in my 2 cents. Frankly, saying the WK can't be killed by Voldy is incorrect. Saying there is a decent CHANCE Voldy can kill him is in the right, however. Either way, the Black Voice (that scream) puts people on the ground or cowering. And with how high pitched it is, I am half inclined to say theres a possibility of busting eardrums.

Regardless, Voldy will not necessarily know of his weakness to fire (I also think it was just the robes, FYI) and therefore there is no base support to say that Voldy will spam fire spells. More likely he will Avada Kedavra (he uses it all the time, even when it didnt work the first time. Repeat and hope for a different outcome) which I am of the opinion it wont affect the undead.

Its a tossup as to whether or not Voldy decides to run away or uses a spell that can hurt the WK in time. Once the WK is within swinging range of Voldy, Voldy goes down faster than a penny ho.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Pwned
Well. Thread necromancers abound.

Ill put in my 2 cents. Frankly, saying the WK can't be killed by Voldy is incorrect. Saying there is a decent CHANCE Voldy can kill him is in the right, however. Either way, the Black Voice (that scream) puts people on the ground or cowering. And with how high pitched it is, I am half inclined to say theres a possibility of busting eardrums.

Well said.

I would point out that dementors do that to people, as well: make the cower in fear. They also have high-pitched scream. Voldy does whatevs around them and even commands them.

Regardless, Voldy will not necessarily know of his weakness to fire (I also think it was just the robes, FYI) and therefore there is no base support to say that Voldy will spam fire spells. More likely he will Avada Kedavra (he uses it all the time, even when it didnt work the first time. Repeat and hope for a different outcome) which I am of the opinion it wont affect the undead.

Someone made the argument that Voldy uses fiendfyre quite often (RJ?). In versus threads, unless the OP states otherwise, CIS and PIS is off. Both characters will come out swinging with their best to win.

If he uses AK, imo, the fight is over in an instant as it magically kills the person. It removes the soul.

Its a tossup as to whether or not Voldy decides to run away or uses a spell that can hurt the WK in time. Once the WK is within swinging range of Voldy, Voldy goes down faster than a penny ho.

How is the WK supposed to kill a cloud of smoke that can cast spells?

smile

IMO, it is not a toss-up. There is not contest. The WK is just big. That's his only advantage in any versus fight. Voldy wins 10/10 times and with ease. This, imo, is a spite thread.

Pwned
Yeah, I really hate how the WK has very few movie feats, he seemed like he would be an awesome character if elaborated on (granted, Tolkien himself never really did, but they were sub villains)

Anyways, I would say that the WK has no soul to sever, being dead already.

I haven't seen much dementor stuff, granted I have only seen a couple (like, 3 or 4) of the films. Never really cared enough to watch them.

Thing is, Voldy has to sleep right? Eat? WK doesn't stick out tongue

I know its spite, it really can't be anything other when it involves the WK. He has to much "implied" power and not enough "exposed" power.

Robtard
You can revive a two year old thread and it won't change the outcome that was had in the first page. Witch King wins, easy.

quanchi112
You can revive a two year old thread and it won't change the outcome that was had in the first page. Witch King wins, easy. Hahahahahahahahah. How ? Haven't you ever see the Lotr movies ?

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hahahahahahahahah. How ? Haven't you ever see the Lotr movies ?

I'm not going to explain another thread for you, go back and read.

quanchi112
I'm not going to explain another thread for you, go back and read. Voldemort wins. Far better at ranged combat. Far more powerful. Far too skilled.

Robtard
Voldemort wins. Far better at ranged combat. Far more powerful. Far too skilled.

Cool story, bro.

quanchi112
Cool story, bro. That's a concession. Quicker than usual. I bet you feel dirty.

Robtard
That's a concession. Quicker than usual. I bet you feel dirty.

Cool story, bro.

NemeBro
Yeahhh... The Witch King sucks. Even if he can break Voldemort's wand, Voldemort's wandless magic is enough to beat his ass.

Giant fire snake = bai Witch King.

This is the dude Aragorn scared off with a torch.

dadudemon
WK: Not teh torches! They scare the SHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTT out of me. Run, Brucie and Sven, ruuuun!

Aragorn: Dude...that's just lame. Now time to get some ghosts to fight with me. WEEEEEE!

quanchi112
A torch beat this loser. He's so uber isn't he roberto.

Pwned
WK is lacking the required feats to beat a primary antagonist of just about any series. Makes me very sad.

In my mind, WK kills Voldemort with no problem whatsoever then eats some wraith-sammiches.

In the logical area, Voldemort wins through PES (Plot ENABLED Stupidity)

quanchi112
WK is lacking the required feats to beat a primary antagonist of just about any series. Makes me very sad.

In my mind, WK kills Voldemort with no problem whatsoever then eats some wraith-sammiches.

In the logical area, Voldemort wins through PES (Plot ENABLED Stupidity) Voldemort whips his ass. It's that simple.

Pwned
I know, thats pretty much what I said. But the fact that he is the primary antagonist of the HP book series means he has some serious idiocy on his side by requirements of the plot.

The WK is a sub-villain that, while powerful in his own right, is ment to challenge the protagonists enough that they feel they will surely die, before someone takes him out and gives the heroes hope that they will win.

In the part of my mind that I normally reside in, WK wins.
In the part of my mind that I use with debates, Voldemort wins. However sadly.

At least the WK had a nose............

wakkawakkawakka
Now keen on how powerful Voldemort really is but considering WK lost to a pretty lame technicallity, I'd give Voldemort the win.

WK does look cool at least.

Pwned
Oh yeah, WK definately wins the cool or bad ass contest.

NemeBro
........ Why?

Even in the books, he didn't do cool shit like level mountains during fights (Gandalf vs. Balrog), he just... Got stabbed in the back by a midget and then stabbed in the face by an injured woman.

ares834
So to be cool you have to level mountains and shit....

Aragorn wants a talk with you.

jinXed by JaNx
voldemort actually uses magic. Witch king uses intimidation and hoods.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834

Aragorn wants a talk with you. When you apparently have power that makes a Maiar uneasy, you sure as shit need to level mountains.

Pwned
The cool/bad-ass contest is a contest of looks at their best.

Voldemort couldn't win that, ever. Because there's a magical no-cheating (i.e., killing) field around the contest arena.

And face it, Voldemort is not cool, or bad-ass when it comes to looks. Unlike the WK.

NemeBro
Uh, no, actions are much more important in terms of being a badass.

A character can look badass and be anything but.

Like, say, the Witch King.

FinalAnswer
........ Why?

Even in the books, he didn't do cool shit like level mountains during fights (Gandalf vs. Balrog), he just... Got stabbed in the back by a midget and then stabbed in the face by an injured woman.

He basically destroyed the kingdoms of Arnor in the books, I guess.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834

Aragorn wants a talk with you. In nemebro's world only feats matter.

Pwned
Uh, no, actions are much more important in terms of being a badass.

A character can look badass and be anything but.

Like, say, the Witch King. I guess our opinions on it differ. I had been meaning a contest of who LOOKS more badass. I agree that in order to be a true badass you have to be able to back it up.

NemeBro
In nemebro's world only feats matter. The most badass character in Lord of the Rings is Boromir, despite being probably not even on Aragorn's level.

See how silly you look right now?

But no, when a demigod goes to battle, I expect more than being shanked in the back and the face. Or does that qualify as badass to you?

quanchi112
The most badass character in Lord of the Rings is Boromir, despite being probably not even on Aragorn's level.

See how silly you look right now?

But no, when a demigod goes to battle, I expect more than being shanked in the back and the face. Or does that qualify as badass to you? No, my point is just because someone has badass feats that doesn't mean they can't be shanked in the backside.

NemeBro
Witch King doesn't have badass feats though.

He was just shanked in the backside. no expression

quanchi112
Witch King doesn't have badass feats though.

He was just shanked in the backside. no expression Disarming Gandalf the white is a good combat feat. That doesn't mean he's beyond everyone else weaker than Gandalf.

NemeBro
Disarming Gandalf the white is a good combat feat. That doesn't mean he's beyond everyone else weaker than Gandalf. If you had read the conversation before-hand, you would notice we were talking about the books (Don't bring up how this is a movie versus forum and only movies should be discussed, no one of any importance actually believes the Witch King has a chance here, the discussion is over). In the movies while he has the feat of disarming Gandalf, he also has the feat of getting a torch shoved in his face and running away screaming.

quanchi112
If you had read the conversation before-hand, you would notice we were talking about the books (Don't bring up how this is a movie versus forum and only movies should be discussed, no one of any importance actually believes the Witch King has a chance here, the discussion is over). In the movies while he has the feat of disarming Gandalf, he also has the feat of getting a torch shoved in his face and running away screaming. I know Voldemort clearly wins but seeing as how the feats don't add up in terms of formidability it shows you I am right once again.

NemeBro
What are you talking about?

Do you even know?

Witch King broke Gandalf's staff (In a deleted scene, I should mention, ever wonder if it was deleted for a reason?). That kind of power doesn't translate into being able to resist being stabbed.

Robtard
LoL, the clear bias and fanboyism towards anything Potter-related shows its ugly head in the MVF once again.

Gandalf unlike Voldermort isn't a coward at heart; the Witch-King with nothing more than his presence and a scream both shattered Gandalf's magical stave and made him drop a brown-loaf in his knickers. Voldermort runs away before the fight begins, he's a worm. But yeah, go with clear PIS only for the Witch-King and the torch feat. Voldermort was defeated by a man-child. Loligasp.

NemeBro
Voldemort can use fire without a wand.

A torch beat the Witch King.

A torch. no expression

He has three showings, only one is impressive, the other two make him look like a joke.

Why are the two considered PIS over the one?

Robtard
Voldemort can use fire without a wand.

A torch beat the Witch King.

A torch. no expression

He has three showings, only one is impressive, the other two make him look like a joke.

Why are the two considered PIS over the one?

Correct, he can. Can he also cast spells when he has brown pudding running down his legs and is crying in fear? I don't think so, pal.

Yes, we covered that PIS and you're taking lowest showings possible for the WK and highest possible for Voldermert. Don't be clown-shoe biased like Quanchin.

Cos the undead servant of a demi-god who makes Gandalf question his own bravery being taken out by a torch? That scene makes sense to you considering the above? It was clear PIS to further the plot and to boost Aragorn cos he's so sexy.

NemeBro
Correct, he can. Can he also cast spells when he has brown pudding running down his legs and is crying in fear? I don't think so, pal.

Voldemort keeps Dementors for pets. no expression

Witch King's aura of fear isn't doing much.

Voldemort's showings are consistently high, he is consistently portrayed as one of the top wizards in Harry Potter.

Witch King is hampered by two very bad showings and one pretty good one. I might be inclined to agree with your line of thinking... If it were not for the fact that he is explicitly weak to fire, which Voldemort can generate in greater quantities and intensities than a torch.

Also, I'm sorry, biased? Nigga **** Voldemort, **** him with the Elder Wand. I am probably the most LotR-knowledged ****er who regularly posts in this sub-forum (That I know of, and while I know other posters who have more knowledge than me like FinalAnswer, they don't post here particularly often). I'm not biased ****er. estahuh

While I agree that Aragorn is totally hot, what it does show is that the Witch King's weakness to fire is rather extreme.

Robtard
Easy, I wasn't saying "you're Quanchi" as fact, just that you were treading close to it.

NemeBro
THAT IS CLOSE ENOUGH. ;_;

Robtard
THAT IS CLOSE ENOUGH. ;_;

You know, it was and I do apologize, the Quanche comment was overboard of me.

But I am glad you can at least see my line of thinking. Torch makes him run and then he makes Gandalf's @sshole pucker with a stare, explodes magical staves and is the leader of a massive army bent on conquering all of Middle Earth. Inconsistent, that.

quanchi112
What are you talking about?

Do you even know?

Witch King broke Gandalf's staff (In a deleted scene, I should mention, ever wonder if it was deleted for a reason?). That kind of power doesn't translate into being able to resist being stabbed. It's still usable on here. The fact is Saruman could best Gandalf the white still be hurt by being stabbed if he was open to such an attack.

LoL, the clear bias and fanboyism towards anything Potter-related shows its ugly head in the MVF once again.

Gandalf unlike Voldermort isn't a coward at heart; the Witch-King with nothing more than his presence and a scream both shattered Gandalf's magical stave and made him drop a brown-loaf in his knickers. Voldermort runs away before the fight begins, he's a worm. But yeah, go with clear PIS only for the Witch-King and the torch feat. Voldermort was defeated by a man-child. Loligasp. You're so biased it's laughable. Voldemort's quicker, more powerful, and smarter than the Witch King. If a torch can own multiple Nazgul including the Witch King what chance does he have against Voldemort ?

One giant fire snake and he'd be screaming for his momma.

Rob you are truly the "king" of the tards.

Robtard
LoL, says the guy who claimed a lightsabre can't cut through steel before.

Anyhow, the adults are debating, your fantasies are just that.

quanchi112
LoL, says the guy who claimed a lightsabre can't cut through steel before.

Anyhow, the adults are debating, your fantasies are just that. Keep the other thread in the other thread. One giant fire snake wins. Voldemort beats him effortlessly. You're still the worst.

Pwned
Careful Nemebro, your treading the line. Im tempted to spout random LOTR facts just to show you up...... stick out tongue

Kidding, of course. But Robtard, I am easily the first person to want to say that LOTR characters auto-win every fight. But I don't. LOTR is my favorite trilogy/series in existence. I actually hate the Harry Potter books/movies (before the hate, they just are not my type of books) and I admitted from my first post that Voldemort wins a movie fight. BOOK fight would obviously be different, but movies sucked for the WK.

NemeBro
It's still usable on here. The fact is Saruman could best Gandalf the white still be hurt by being stabbed if he was open to such an attack. Saruman couldn't best Gandalf the White. Gandalf the White broke Saruman's staff with a gesture.

And I am still not getting your point here. Are you sure you have one?

dadudemon
Saruman couldn't best Gandalf the White. Gandalf the White broke Saruman's staff with a gesture.

And I am still not getting your point here. Are you sure you have one?

I think he meant Gandalf the Grey.

In fact, that's definitely what he meant.

Kidding, of course. But Robtard, I am easily the first person to want to say that LOTR characters auto-win every fight. But I don't. LOTR is my favorite trilogy/series in existence. I actually hate the Harry Potter books/movies (before the hate, they just are not my type of books) and I admitted from my first post that Voldemort wins a movie fight. BOOK fight would obviously be different, but movies sucked for the WK.

Using the books, imo, WK is even more of a weakling. The Legend doesn't hold and it is more of a self-fulfilling legend. "No man can kill meh!" So a hobbit and a woman do the dead. Cool. Seems like a loop hole but it's not.

It is not as though the WK has a felix felicis potion with a loophole. smile

quanchi112
Saruman couldn't best Gandalf the White. Gandalf the White broke Saruman's staff with a gesture.

And I am still not getting your point here. Are you sure you have one? Saruman bested Gandalf the Grey who bested a Balrog yet can still be stabbed in the back and beaten by far less than a Balrog. It all doesn't add up.

FinalAnswer
Saruman bested Gandalf the Grey who bested a Balrog yet can still be stabbed in the back and beaten by far less than a Balrog. It all doesn't add up.

You are aware Grima stabbing a depowered Saruman in the back, causing him to fall of his tower to his death isn't really saying anything, right?

NemeBro
Saruman bested Gandalf the Grey who bested a Balrog yet can still be stabbed in the back and beaten by far less than a Balrog. It all doesn't add up. A depowered Saruman can be stabbed in the back by a human, I guess that's true.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
You are aware Grima stabbing a depowered Saruman in the back, causing him to fall of his tower to his death isn't really saying anything, right? The point is without his staff and the opening made it possible. A mage without his magical enchantments isn't as formidable. Gandalf sure messed his face up with weak tk pushes.

A depowered Saruman can be stabbed in the back by a human, I guess that's true. Tk pushes cut his weak old face. WK overpowered Gandalf the white yet a torch can beat him. It all might make sense in your world but I know fiction far better than you do. Apparently.

NemeBro
Tk pushes cut his weak old face.

Prove the TK pushes are weak.

The Witch King is weak and afraid of fire, this is an aspect of the books which made it to film.

I am for once attempting to have a polite discussion with you, try to lay off the condescending attitude please.

quanchi112
Prove the TK pushes are weak.

The Witch King is weak and afraid of fire, this is an aspect of the books which made it to film.

I am for once attempting to have a polite discussion with you, try to lay off the condescending attitude please. They caused minor cuts. That doesn't exactly impress me. It might impress you.

Gandalf is a mage yet his power couldn't easily exploit the Witch King. Aragorn >>>>>witch King while Witch King>>>Gandalf the White.

NemeBro
They caused minor cuts. That doesn't exactly impress me. It might impress you.

Your reasoning is flawed. I mean, would you claim that Thanos's punches and blasts were not impressive at all based on his showing against Odin?

You are implying that for the telekinesis to be powerful, it would have had to have done more damage than some cuts and bruises. But if more damage was visible on them, then we wouldn't know if the TK was more powerful, or if Gandalf and Sarumen were just less durable. However, Gandalf does have durability feats, pretty decent ones.

The telekinesis is unquantifiable.

He was trying to. But then WK broke his staff. A power like that doesn't apply to a fight with Aragorn, who just used a torch.

Pwned
Surviving the fall from Khazad Dum to the lake below Moria and still having the stamina to run up the Stairs of Durin to a high peak of Caradhras also means stamina galore.

And Rob, in the books the WK is one of the most powerful beings in Middle Earth. Read Unfinished Tales 1+2. I believe those have entries on the Nazgul.

dadudemon
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
You are aware Grima stabbing a depowered Saruman in the back, causing him to fall of his tower to his death isn't really saying anything, right?

I think his point is better made if you say that he meant the WK was stabbed in the back by a Hobbit. Still not quite what happened, but close enough and it makes his point better. big grin

I am for once attempting to have a polite discussion with you, try to lay off the condescending attitude please.

I know this was directed at Quanchi, but...

NAY! Sucketh sweaty balls. tehe

Surviving the fall from Khazad Dum to the lake below Moria and still having the stamina to run up the Stairs of Durin to a high peak of Caradhras also means stamina galore.

Based on the words, that fight was raging on for days. I am inclined to agree with you that Gandalf had super-human stamina.

Agreed, everyone?

I ask for a group consensus because that means we could add another power to Gandalf to be used in vs. fights.

Robtard
And Rob, in the books the WK is one of the most powerful beings in Middle Earth. Read Unfinished Tales 1+2. I believe those have entries on the Nazgul.

It's also implied in the films, considering how Gandalf The White shit himself.

Just happens he can be surprised by a torch wielding ranger when he's focusing intently on getting the One Ring off a Hobbit. His weakness is PIS, more-so than fire, magic-blade wielding Hobbits coming from the rear and vaginas.

NemeBro
Gandalf having superhuman stamina isn't something that needs to be agreed upon. It's explicitly demonstrated.

Robtard
Yup, Gandalf could fvck for days on end.

NemeBro
Just ask Bilbo Baggins.

Robtard
Hobbits can't be gay, dude.

Pwned
Yeah, the hair on their feet proves it.

Somehow.

Robtard
So it's settled, Hobbits aren't gay and the Witch-King wins. Glad everyone important agrees. /thread

requesting close

Pwned
Well, hobbits aren't gay in general. I can't make promises about that Meriadoc Brandybuck or Peregrin Took.

Whatever, Turin wins all day.

But really, this thread is so off topic at this point (because it had been over days ago) that it would benefit from being closed.

dadudemon
Gandalf having superhuman stamina isn't something that needs to be agreed upon. It's explicitly demonstrated.

There are counter arguments to Gandalf fighting for days on end, straight.

For one, he is played by Ian McKellen and we know Ian is gay. So there goes any argument that Gandalf fought the Balrog for several days straight.

For another, we do not see what happened at all during those days. Gandalf could have taken a break/nap and hidden himself to get some rest. He could have feasted on Orc flesh while sleeping and hiding. Then he would jump out from behind a corner and scare the Balrog until the Balrog pooped some soot.

The Balrog is slow so Gandalf could have just outrun him on many occasions.

Lastly, we know Gandalf is a pedo because he loves himself some little hobbits. He could have easily been distracted by bates.

So it is not as cut and dry as Gandalf fighting the Balrog for several days straight.

Here's what's sad: I am serious about everything in my post. no expression

NemeBro
Are you on drugs?

Nephthys
http://static.tumblr.com/hamwwxb/WUMlcepj5/emot-catdrugsbig.gif

Cat drugs strike again.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
There are counter arguments to Gandalf fighting for days on end, straight.

For one, he is played by Ian McKellen and we know Ian is gay. So there goes any argument that Gandalf fought the Balrog for several days straight.

Should have stopped there, the lolz died after that. I'm pretending I didn't read the rest and the above is all you said. Ergo, LoL. I lol'd.

dadudemon
Are you on drugs?

Originally posted by Nephthys
http://static.tumblr.com/hamwwxb/WUMlcepj5/emot-catdrugsbig.gif

Cat drugs strike again.

Should have stopped there, the lolz died after that. I'm pretending I didn't read the rest and the above is all you said. Ergo, LoL. I lol'd.

I DGAF about your poopy fingers.

stoned

En Sabah Nur X
witch king.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.