Spider-Man Fanfilm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Davis Bloome
Okay, as some of you know I'm planning on creating a Batman fanfilm, and if it's successful and people like it, and if we have the resources at our disposal, we'll try our hand at Spider-Man.

I'm not exactly sure what the story will be, but I know it'll be based around a Peter that's likely still in school and has been Spidey for a year.

For myself, I plan on portraying Eddie Brock, who'll get the symbiote at the very end of the movie, but my friend suggested that I do Eddie Brock, and five seconds later I knew exactly how I'd play it.

This thread is for any discussion on the fanfilm and whatever suggestions or advice you all may have to give since I know you all, like myself, are huge Spider-Man fans.

Black Yoshi
Since Eddie Brock won't get the symbiote until the end of the movie, will Spiderman be fighting another villain before that point?

Davis Bloome
Yes, most definitely, but I haven't figured out who that villain is.

The most important thing about the first movie is establishing the angst between Eddie Brock & Peter Parker even though they have a brotherly relationship, and how he's dealing with everyone else around him.

Black Yoshi
Oh, okay.

Also, how will the symbiote appear? Will its debut be the same way as it was in the comics, or is it going to have an original/unique introduction just for the film?

Davis Bloome
Chances are it'll be introudced via a meteorite and Peter will accidentally stumble upon the symbiote which unknowingly attaches to him, and he'll have an idea of what it is, but he'll learn more about it from good ol' Doc Connors.

BruceSkywalker
sounds good so far..

wat about gwen stacy? will she appear?

Davis Bloome
Currently that's the plan, but only if we find the right girl for her prior to writing the script. I'd hate to write her in and not be able to find a blonde girl with the look and swagger of Gwen Stacy. I know for sure we'll have Mary Jane, and I really want Gwen Stacy because I want her to be the girl Peter truly loves.

Also, I just talked with my co-writer/co-producer and he's going to be Hobgoblin. Hobgoblin will be the main villain.

BruceSkywalker
thats good..

i'm sure this will turn out great

Davis Bloome
I hope so, the hardest part will be the CGI, but by then I'd hope my friend & I know more about it than now.

SamZED
Would love to see it.

Davis Bloome
Cool, hopefully we'll make something truly worthwhile and worth people's times.

Black Yoshi
Your movie is really going to have CGI? That should be awesome.

What's the budget for the film?

Davis Bloome
Idk what's the budget, considering the movie won't even be out until around 2012 or 2013. Honestly, with the CGI, we'll have to really learn how to use it for it to look good.

Black Yoshi
Dang, that seems so far away...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
Idk what's the budget, considering the movie won't even be out until around 2012 or 2013. Honestly, with the CGI, we'll have to really learn how to use it for it to look good.

just take your time an most important..have fun

Davis Bloome
Originally posted by Black Yoshi
Dang, that seems so far away...

Yes, but a great movie takes time to make. If we rush into it, it won't be good at all. For one, I have the Batman fanfilm on my plate, to which I haven't even fully perfected my Joker performance, and I haven't even finished the script or gotten halfway. Then, all of the props & costumes have to be taken into account, which I don't have yet, nor does anyone. That'll be out by next year, and after that we'll all need a little break considering the amount of work we'll be putting into this. It'll be a long shoot considering the lack of special effects, so 2012 or 2013 will be the earliest it'll be out.

Indestructible
I would like to see the Batman and Spider-Man films! I like the idea of you using a journal(which I read in the Batman fourm) for the Joker. He is a very deep and emotinal character. I myself as a young actor am using a journal for the horror movie I am making. My film will NOT be on youtube but it is a project I am working on so there Is a horror film I can sit down and enjoy lol plus the fact of seeing my acting ability. I will be acting as the killer. The killer is to be portrayed as the Jason Vorhees and Michael Myers type. Anyway when you are finished your Batman film Davis I would like to know. You should also post it on the Batmanfanfilms website.

Bat Dude
It seems the cat's outta the bag, now...

Yeah, I'll be Hobgoblin for this one, and I have some interesting ideas for him, to say the least...

Davis Bloome
Indestructible, I'll likely check out the website, which, until you brought it up, I didn't know it existed. The journal is going well, and I really get into the mentality while writing it.

BD, nice that you already have some ideas brewing for this role ahead of time. I already know how I may portray Eddie Brock.

Indestructible
It is a great website. Check out some of batinthesun's stuff(Patient J is amazing)

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
Yes, most definitely, but I haven't figured out who that villain is.

The most important thing about the first movie is establishing the angst between Eddie Brock & Peter Parker even though they have a brotherly relationship, and how he's dealing with everyone else around him.

How large will the budget be? If it's small, go for someone like Electro or the Chameleon. If it's large, then go for someone like the Sandman or Sin Eater.

And after Venom, you should try making a run out of it. Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus are two good choices.

Davis Bloome
We've already decided on the villain, which is Hobgoblin, and as I said earlier, I don't know the budget because we haven't really started on the film at all.

Indestructible
how far along are you in the batman film davis?

Davis Bloome
Not too far as of yet, the script isn't finished, and we don't have all the supplies yet. If I had to give you a percentage, it'd be 40% or less right about now.

Indestructible
well a good filmaker will take his/her time. there is no rush

Davis Bloome
I am taking my time with both projects, there's no need to rush at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.