Anakin vs Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordvader
I think Anakin will still be (Cristen Hayden ) when they duel and not (james earl jones)(voice). Then when Anakin has his fall which he is no match for Obi-Wan (From ANH DARTH VADER: We meet again, last time i was in your presence i was but the learner now i am the master) Thier for Anakin cant be stronger then OBI-WAN (not yet) ONCE Anakin loses and because Anakin falls in a Ithink its going to be a LAVA pit which is why Anakin has to wear the darthvader BREATHING device black suit. I think the Emperor saves Anakin which is why it was so easy for Anakin to turn to the darkside. Yoda and Obi-Wan live because they were taking the twins to a SAFE place while the other jedi (Mace Windu, Plo Koon, some other jedi i cant rem his name old bald white beard char and of course Count Dooku aka Darth Tyrannus ( who i think will be very suprised that the emperor has betrayed him when VADER kills him) (but before he kills Count Dooku i think he will have 1 last use for him, its really 3 on 3 if u look at it Emperor vs Mace Windo Count Dooku vs PloKoon and Darth VADER vs other jedi and once all the good jedi are dead VADER will turn on Count Dooku (who will be very suprised.
And that ladies and Gentlemen is my fantasy opinion i hope you like it. Please post your fantasy fight of what you think will happen.

ToMacco
You're kind of all over the place there, buddy.

finti
and then some

lordvader
hehehe ive got alot of good idea's. I can dream/hope cant I.

finti
who said they were good ideas????????????????big grin

lordvader
hahaha lol ME! You know you liked it.

finti
I know what I did yes, but liking them was not part of it

lordvader
Well i am in titled to MY OPINION's and FANTASIES lets hear yours or do you even have one hahaha LOL.

Julie
Yeah that was chaotic...

finti
and I am entitled to an opinion about if it is good or not

Sabrea
that was quite........weird..and kind of confusing the way you put it...but dont mind me..i just get really confused REALLY easily >.<

JediCliff
darth sidious VS yoda big grin?

master harmax
well heres my take ... obi wan beats up anakin who beats up the emperor, who beats him up back, so they get together and beat up count dooku, who loses his temper, and beats up the both of them in a fit of rage, so then they all three get together and beat up all the jedi except for obi wan whose dissapeared cause he's getting a pedicure, and yoda, who sorta sneezes on the three goombas, which is when dooku uses anakin's cape for a handkerchief, so anakin kills him .... and ummm ... they live happily ever after ?

Ushgarak
It's a whole lot of beating. Star Wars is just one big schoolyard...

master harmax
And Finti's the prefect who snitches on everyone in the schoolyard ... sample conversation : - Finti to the principal ( i.e. Jar Jar Binks ) : " Anakin keeps using the force to do his Math ... and he choked Mace Windu to death for trying to stop him ..... "

Volundro Ramm
i like your idea master harmax, lol. We all now that Lucas has said way back when A New Hope came out (or was it Empire?) that the reason 4 Vader wearing the mask and the other stuff was because he was beaten in a duel ontop of a volcano. But aparently he's gonna change this because of TLOTR:Return of the king. Dont hold me on this though.

Ushgarak
No, that volcano thing has never been in any film.

Member.
see, obviously anakin lost the duel or else he wont be wearing that stupid helmet that makes him speak funny. The volcanoe thing might be true.
smile

finti
havent been in any film yet though

Member.
it will probably be in star wars episode III

Sabrea
yea..i heard that anakin was beaten by obi-wan on a volcana and fell into lava....

Ushgarak
EVERYONE has heard that, Sab! But it has never been official.

Member.
Well it seems to be a reasonable rumor, to survive after falling into a lava pit in quite a feat.

General Kaliero
It's always a lava pit or acid pit. Why not something interesting like corrosive gas or simply being cut up too badly to survive?

Star Wars has always had a large multi-spot battle at the end (the famed "reel 6" for all the SW movies) So why not a three way battle between Yoda/Palpy, Mace/Dooku, and OB1/Anakin. Here's a good plot:

OB1, Ani, Maca and Yoda all come in to attack Palpy and Dooku. OB1 tries to order ani around, and the Emperor feeds Ani's anger until he turns on OB1 and attacks.
Mace and Dooku are fighting, and after some cool moves and force usage Dooku beats Mace, killing him.
At the same time, Palpy attacks Yoda first with the force. After the two deflect eachother a bit, Palpy pulls out his saber and attacks Yoda, and they begin a fight. After a bit more frog-hopping from yodaman, he is blown/knocked/pushed off of a cliff or ledge, depending on where they're fighting. Palpy thinks yoda's dead, but he survived, and leaves in disgrace.
Meanwhile, Ani and OB1 have been fighting, and Ani pushes OB1 into a wall knocking him out. Palpy tells Ani to complete his journey, and Ani slays Dooku easily. Then OB1 gets back up and Ani attacks, but OB1 wails on him. They eventually find their way to a pit containing some deadly substance you shouldn't fall into, and OB1 knocks Ani into it.

The final shots would have to do with OB1 getting to Tattooine and giving Luke to Owen, Yoda landing at Dagobah, and The very last shot would be Vaders helmet, with two Vader breaths, then credits.

Sounds good to me!

Julie
I don't really care which it is,....as long as it's a "cool" scene

Member.
General Kaliero should be writing more stories.

GordonSkywalker
I rather like General Kaliero's outline for Episode III's climax! Great stuff,General! Two thumbs up!

Julie
keep on dreamin' general

GordonSkywalker
He has quite a powerful imagination, even though I doubt that's how it will happen.

cookies2006
No one actually knows the real story but GL and maybe some of his editing crew. So for now we'll have to sit on our hands and use our own imagination. Or just be patient and wait for ep3 to finally arrive.

Member.
a powerful imagination is a very dangerous thing.

Corran
Or an inventive or constructive thing

GordonSkywalker
Nevertheless our friend here has a point.

cookies2006
Yeah, choose your friends whisely.

GordonSkywalker
Eloquently expressed, my red-faced friend.

cookies2006
Yeah im goin to the dentist tomm. I have 29 cavities.

GordonSkywalker
WHAT??

Member.
laughing out loudwow, that could get in the guisness book of records

GordonSkywalker
I did not know there were that many teeth in the human mouth!

cookies2006
Yeah i think theres around 30. And you guys know im talking about Darth Maul, right. I only have like 2 cavities.

GordonSkywalker
I knew that the whole time. I did . Really. big grin

cookies2006
Good. Cuz my teeth are clean.

Altar[1stONE]
I have just read on Anakin vs Obi wan , this is official from the movie and may be a spoiler. First off ep3 will show anakin becoming more of a machine then man , second obi and ani fight in a lava area that is confirmed. Third , anakin looses his right leg and is replaced with a mecha one. If you want some more insight go to this sight to read more. http://www.theforce.net/episode3/ read the leg up part.

Rogue Jedi
i read in star wars insider that anakin falls into a smelting pit.

finti
smelting? is that a hot place that smells

yerssot
I didn't knew they were shooting in France!

Ushgarak
Is that a recent insider, RJ?

Rogue Jedi
no, wait....sorry..it wasnt insider, it was STAR WARS:THE VISUAL DICTIONARY... dont know if it is canon....

finti
it aint

yerssot
canon: movies, novels and radio dramas
non-canon: all the other stuff

finti
novels aint canon, according to the novels of the film Obi wan and Owen lars are brothers....not so

darkshadow
i think that gl is going to surprise us all with ep.3 and i think he has something up his sleeve and we will have to wait until ep.3 comes out

yerssot
*sigh* not again finti!

they ARE novel and that's said by lucasfilm!
the hierarchy is of importance with nothing contradicting the movies, THEN the novels and THEN the radio dramas.

The movie now contradicted the fact that they were brothers, doesn't mean that the entire novel is suddenly EU or non-canon!

Rogue Jedi
give it up, yerrs.....they aint gonna budge......anything not in the movies doesnt concern them.....

yerssot
I know ... but I can try and try and try

finti
Yers, when will it dawn on you that extra material is not part of the film it is just extra material created to please hard devoted fans. People who watch Star Wars gets all the info they need in the films. You shouldnt have too look in extra material to get more info about the story that go beyond the films.
An in a debate about the movies one CAN NOT use info provided by the novels cause it is all about the films and films only. We are devoted fans, the kind that read the novelisations of the film as well. But there are many Star Wars fans who just watch the movies and are satisfied with that cause watching the movies its all that is needed to get the story.

And the fact that the movies do contradict the novels should be enough to tell you that that fact source can not be used.

When all the episodes are finished you can watch them in an chronological chapter order from ep I through Ep VI. You can also read the novels in that order, but what happens when you reach the ROTJ novel where Owen is said to be Obi Wans brother. "huh!!!"

People talk about how GL will link up the connection between Ep III and ANH, thing is he has already made one important link in EP II : Owen Lars. Now we can relate the "Uncle Owen" name Luke said a bit more.

yerssot
you can use the novels as they are canon, though SOME apperently don't want to acknowledge lucasfilm as the one source who can what is canon and what not

finti
As i mentioned some SW fans doesnt read the novels they are fed all the info they need through the films they dont need to read the novels.
And from Lucas it is said that the novels are only semi canon as films do contradict their info cause he doesnt regard the novels while making the films

yerssot
mail lucasfilm and ask them then finti

finti
Lucasfilm have never said the novels were canon, semi canon but NEVER canon. Why because the new films contradict some off the things in the books

finti
This is from Star wars com, the official SW web
"When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films. Even novelizations are interpretations of the film, and while they are largely true to George Lucas' vision (he works quite closely with the novel authors), the method in which they are written does allow for some minor differencesi

yerssot
but did they said it wasn't canon?
no, they said the movies are above the novels!

finti
are you blind or do you just have difficult understanding things. read the first part very carefully one more time. Here I help you on the way:
When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films.

now what part was unclear here? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Yeah, I believe Steve Sansweet was pretty clear there.

As yers says, the canon order is films/novels/(screenplays)/radio dramas, but the last 3 seem to occupy a sort of 'semi-canon' area- which SEEMS to mean that they count unless something says they don't. Unlike the EU, which just doesn't count.

Frankly, it could do with clarifying. I think Steve's words (I THINK it was Steve who said Finti's quote) are the best general guide.

Rogue Jedi
man, deja friggin' vu....let it go, people....

Rogue Jedi
hey, finti..i didnt know they used the word "aint" in norway...you sure you aint from texas? laughing out loud

finti
Arkansas

Rogue Jedi
you are from arkansas and you live in norway? man, you get around....

yerssot
"honestly... The "it" part as I do not know to what it is refering"
-Skinner, The Simpsons

yeah yeah, pure 100% are the movies, never said otherwise, I said that the novel is also canon unless it contradicts with the movie, read the entire article, it does not say the radio drama and novel are EU or interupt the continuity

finti
No I lived in Arkansas but I am Norwegian

Rogue Jedi
i can dig it....

finti
i did. Dover Pirates yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah

Rogue Jedi
???????????????????????????

finti
the novels are regarded semi canon Yers

Rogue Jedi
not this conversation again.....

finti
well when they dont understand we have to do it the hard way, which is over and over again.

Anyways about Obi vs Anakin

yerssot
that's why I'm repeating it again and again finti wink

good idea, back to the topic...

4 sets, last time I heard

finti
4 sets of what

imhotep
If only the Movies are canon, then we have no idea of how Ob1 and Anakin fight, or where, or what happens to them (besides surviving of course). Right???
They never say they fight each other right? They just say we meet once again, last time I was the apprentice now I am a Master.

Where, o where did we found out about their fight? How, why is still a mistery but we all seem to agree that Anakin will get almost killed and will need the suit to survive, and we also know that it will be in the viccinity of something hot like a volcano or lava pit.

How do we "know" these things if they were not in the movies?

finti
actually we really dont know and we arent suppose to know it either. We assume it though because of the semi canon stuff in the novels. But from the movies we know that Obi Wan tried to get Vader/Anakin back from the dark side
( Luke " Come with me"
Vader "Obi wan once thought as you do"wink
so we can anticipate a meeting/clash between them. How it develop well for those who reads the novels it might be the way it waqs described there or GL may have a surpeise installed for us

imhotep

Member.
anakin loses all his hair and splits his head and obi-wan doesn't seem to get hurt.

Rogue Jedi
maybe obi wan eats his wheaties and anakin doesnt...

finti
he prefer fruit loops

Rogue Jedi
jedi loops

imhotep
I think that is a shame. Obi-Wan is a good fighter but Anakin is suposed to be the best ever...So it's a bit strange that he should get away unhurt from such an intense fight.

finti
who said Anakin was suppose to be the best fighter ever

Ushgarak
We don't 'know' about the lava pit at all- there is no proof that such a thing exists. We know there is a duel from basic common sense and because they have talked about the filming of it.

Ushgarak
We don't 'know' about the lava at all- it is only a common supposition.

We know about the fight by common sense and that its filming has been discussed.

finti
yeah, I see me and Ush have the exact same view here

Rogue Jedi
whatever he falls into, it ruins his day....

finti
falls into, hit by whatever it does mess him up yes

Rogue Jedi
stumbles over, shot by, burned by, maybe he catches an std from a gammorean hooker..... laughing out loud

finti
young jedi, let me rub your nipples sicksick

Rogue Jedi
sorry, fint...i dont swing that way..... no thumb down

finti
it was your gammorean hooker roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lyn
Ok People I just read this thread and I took 3 wrong turns and ended up back where I started. blink stick out tongue
We went from Anakin Vs Obi-Wan to Canon Vs EU and did a 360.
Too much for Lyn's little brain here guys, have some consideration. wacko *brain explodes*
Anyway, I like the ideas people are having and the lava thing seems to be very popular so I'll go with that.
Does Anakin go looking for Obi-Wan to like, fight him??
Or is Obi-Wan just protecting Padme and the bubs??
Or does Obi-Wan go looking for Anakin, to try and bring him back??

imhotep
Whatever Anakin is going to do...Ob1 steps in front of him saying:

Ob1:"I can't let you do that"
Anakin:"Step aside Ob1, I have to do this"
Ob1 lights up his lightsaber: "I'm sorry young Padawan, but I have to stop you, one way or another"
Anakin:"I'm not your Padawan anymore" Lights up his own saber and rushes towards Ob1.

What follows better be the best damn lightsaber duel of them all...

Lyn
It will be.

imhotep
I still think Darth Maul is the ultimate duelist, his style is just great.
In the end, he beat two Jedi's technically only to be betrayed by his own feelings of pride, stoping to enjoy the moment and leting his guard down for just a second. It was just that one second was all that took smile

Lyn
He was an excellent duelist, amazingly skilled.
But if you're a Jedi a second IS all you need.

finti
if he was the ultimate he wouldent have lost

imhotep
Whatever you say finti.

But as far as I am concerned, Ob1 vs Darth Maul is still the best lightsaber duel of all the movies. Furthermore, the reason Ob1 fought much better against Maul then he did against Tyrannus was because of the anger he was feeling with his masters death!

Ushgarak
Obi-Wan was fighting much better against Tyrannus. His TPM style was all over the place.

imhotep
Ahhh....was it just me, or didn't he lose that fight?
I think he fought very poorly against Tyrannus so that Yoda could be given a chance to step forward and shine. It has nothing to do with performance, it's marketingsmile

Rogue Jedi
i disagree ush....he fought better in TPM... in AOTC, he looked like he was totally unprepared for the fight.

finti
he was fatigued in Aotc

Rogue Jedi
true.....thats why he fought better in ep.1.....

cyberharpie
I don't know, but from the condition Vader is in during the originals--Episodes IV, V, & VI---looks like he was in a nasty duel with someone.

My only hope is its Obi Wan, that would be one great fight!

Besides, I think Obi is the only one who could take him down.

And I'd love to see Obi Wan really cut loose with the lightsabre. In EpII he gets a little scrap on the leg and he's out of the fight?mouning on the floor?helpless to assist Anakin?just lying there??? blink What was Lucas thinking?

Poor Obi Wan....
Time for him to go back to the good ole days of slicing Darth Mahl in half!

T.N. Troll
I think that they are going to go a little Episode 2 stile, Darth vader is going almost kill obi-wan, and then yoda is going to come in and darth vade is gonna run.

darkshadow
cyberharpie i have to aggree with you and i think the anakin and obi wan are going to fight and it could be the biggest fight in all of the star wars movies i think i could be wrong.

cyberharpie
Can't wait! big grin yes smile

LanceWindu
I've heard somewhere that Episode 3 will have the longest duel of the saga.

Ushgarak
No, he just did not look as flashy in AOTC. But his TPM style was really amatuer- his AOTC style was professional and controlled. Dooku was just better.

And so we hope, Lance.

Lyn
He fought really well in TPM and in AOTC its just his fighting abilities and skills had changed slightly. In Ep1 he's still an apprentice so his dueling is a little bit more reckless but still effective. In Ep2 he's a master so he has more control and stamina. He is more calm.
And I agree with Imhotep, he was extremely angry in his duel with Darth Maul.

Rogue Jedi
obi wans recklessness and anger made him a more effective fighter against darth maul.....he couldnt touch dooku..i dont care how good dooku is, obi wan couldnt even mount an offensive attack...i am no expert on swordplay, but the way dooku treated obi wan like a red headed step child proves my point.

Ushgarak
Yes, because Dooku was using the same style as Obi-Wan and was MUCH better at it!

Rogue Jedi
then obi wan should have switched styles....i imagine a jedi master knows more than one style.

finti
You fight with what with the style which is most customed to you

Rogue Jedi
yes...but in certain situations it helps to change styles.

finti
well, Dooku never really gave him the time. he ended it before Obi realised he was the inferior

Rogue Jedi
obi wan realized in seconds that he was inferior.

finti
if he did he would have change his way of fighting, Dooku tried to intimidate him by taunting him, Obi just carried on

darkshadow
finti i never looked at it that way hmmm

Rogue Jedi
well, i cant see how obiwan thought he had a chance fighting the way he was.

finti
that is whats make discussions like this cool, we all get other peoples views and impulses on matters that you might end up agreeing on

finti
RJ if he didnt think his way of fighting gave him any chance he would have changed, anyway he did say to Anakin they had to take him together cause he couldnt take out Dooku alone

Rogue Jedi
it seems no one agrees with me on anything.....i guess you have to be a mod to get people to agree with you. laughing out loud

darkshadow
very true finti obi wan did say that because he knew that dooku was far more season in the force then obi wan

finti
and a more experiensed fighter, but Obi Wan looked cool and stuff and held his ground.

darkshadow
very true what didn't help obi wan is that anakin was unperdictable

finti
no it didnt

darkshadow
i got a question does obi wan become a master in ep 3

finti
well he refer to be a Jedi Knight in ANH " I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father." So I guess he never reaches Master

Neo_Version 7
So could Anakin and Obi really whup Dooku's ass if they really went 3-way lightsaber battle, in Ep 2?

finti
harder to fight two at once than one at a time

imhotep
Ob1 was afraid of Dooku, he saw in him his masters master. That's enough to make you respect and fear someone. Besides, those force lightnings must have really scared him off. The realisation of Dooku's superiority. I like Ob1, I like the fact that he too, is only human, and too much aware of his own limitations. The only time he proved superior was in TPM, because he gave in just slightly to his anger. That made him more powerfull but, in consequence, more fearfull of what it might mean. I believe, since the balance of the force is, at the time, for the dark side, the dark side will have more power and the light side will be weakened...What is your opinion on that?

Neo_Version 7
Interesting.....

finti
I dont think Obi was afraid of Dooku, respect of Dokkus abilities yes, but not afraid. "Fear leads to the dark side"

Ushgarak
'Switch styles'? This isn't a computer game. Dooku would have beaten Obi-Wan faster if Obi-Wan had tried to fight differently in a way he was not as good at. He fought as well as he could!

Rogue Jedi
ok...i know this is a bad analogy...if a trained martial artist was fighting another, and he was using aikido, and his opponent used a style that countered aikido well, then he would have to switch styles.....this could be done in the blink of an eye...its not like obi would have to say "ok...time out...im gonna switch styles now." he could switch without dooku realizing it until obi attacked using the new style...very simple.

Lyn
Sounds like it could've worked to me. I mean Jedi are VERY gifted people.

finti
Just like boxers they have to adapt to their opponents, even if you are a knock out kings have to change their fighting plans once in a while.

Rogue Jedi
THIS IS WHAT I AM SAYING!!!!!!!

finti
just felt this way was a bit easier RJ

Rogue Jedi
its just i hate when i make a valid point and then someone comes along and makes the same point using different words......just say"you are right, or i agree"

Lyn
So is it decided he could have ADAPTED his fighting style to suit the duel??

finti
Just underlinig your point RJ, and Obi wan adapted to Dooku only thing is Dooku was to clever for him

Lyn
Exactly happy

imhotep
Jedi's fighting with "different" styles sounds a lot like EU stuff to me.
Never saw any mention to fighting styles in the movies. Just like someone saying some time ago that some styles are closer to the dark side and therefore only allowed to masters. That is something wich, even making perfect sense to me, has never appeared in the movies.
Obi-wan lost his fight with Dooku because he made mistakes. He was probably tired, confused and shaken from the fight in the arena and the batlle outside. Also the dark side was having a field day with all those Jedi's geting killed. That might have add to his rather disapointing performance. Even Anakin fought better than him...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>