Flash Vs. Superman (w/stipulations)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Flash Vs. Superman in a "brawl" with the following stipulations:

-Flash can not steal Superman's speed.
-Superman can not use any of his vision, sound, quasi psuedo-telepathic riff-raff (T-vo), or breath abilities (so no heat vision, no ice breath, no super sonic whistling, etc).
-Superman's hands are tied behind his back and cannot be untied.
-Battle is purely a "h2h", martial engagement.

Discuss.

psycho gundam
superman can still fly?

illadelph12
Yeah, he can fly, just can't use his other projectile/mental/energy powers or punch.

Enyalus
Erm...

Spire
Lol wtf...

I guess he can smash Flash's fists with his face.

For a stalemate he could just fly around.

leonidas
Originally posted by illadelph12

-Superman can not use any of his vision, sound, quasi psuedo-telepathic riff-raff (T-vo), or breath abilities (so no heat vision, no ice breath, no super sonic whistling, etc).

Discuss.

subtle as ever. wink

ps--supes for the headbutt win. big grin

The Pict

confused How does that work out?

Sin I AM
spite...i despise thrads like these

illadelph12
Originally posted by leonidas
subtle as ever. wink

ps--supes for the headbutt win. big grin

Sometimes it's the little things, brotha...

illadelph12
Originally posted by The Pict
confused How does that work out?

Supes fighting Flash with his hands tied behind his back and no projectiles.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Sin I AM
spite...i despise thrads like these

Spite because Superman still wins via collision?

psycho gundam
Spite because Superman still wins via collision? to my knowledge, flash's speed force only protects him (and the environment) from the rigors of high speed forces caused by his own movements.

pretty sure none of that would apply if he collided with another object without being phased first.

illadelph12
Meaning if Supes did this:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2400/goldbergspear059ay.gif

to him, repeatedly, Flash would be hurt, right?

Spire
Meaning if Supes did this:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2400/goldbergspear059ay.gif

to him, repeatedly, Flash would be hurt, right?

IF ftw.

Slaanesh
Flash stomp..

Juntai

Discuss. lolol

illadelph12
I'm serious.

I want to get people's opinions on how this would turn out.

Could Superman beat Flash with his hands tied behind his back?

Enyalus
Could Superman beat Flash with his hands tied behind his back?
Nope. Supes would have difficulty beating Flash straight up.

With these stips he loses every time.

batdude123
Originally posted by Enyalus
Nope. Supes would have difficulty beating Flash straight up.

With these stips he loses every time.

Then again, Flash would have a hard time actually hurting Superman h2h.

Enyalus
Originally posted by batdude123
Then again, Flash would have a hard time actually hurting Superman h2h.
His own near-IMP KO'd him....

Charmander
His own near-IMP KO'd him.... Flash = Exploding moon?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Charmander
Flash = Exploding moon?
No, it's like having a multiverse dropped on his domepiece. biscuits

illadelph12
So if Supes and Flash were to slam into eachother at full speed, Supes would get the worst of it?

TricksterPriest
IIRC, Flash does have some kind of enhanced durability due to the speedforce.

This thread kind of screws over Superman.

Enyalus
So if Supes and Flash were to slam into eachother at full speed, Supes would get the worst of it?
No.

If that were to happen, Flash would accidentally vibrate through him. stick out tongue

Charmander
-Superman can not use any of his vision, sound Supes is blind and deaf?

illadelph12
What is the nature of this protection? Because if I'm not mistaken Flash has been beaten down while running exceedingly fast. I thought the protection was for the environment/windshear, not necessarily impacts. Flash isn't Juggernaut.

batdude123
His own near-IMP KO'd him....

What instance are you referring to?

batdude123
What is the nature of this protection? Because if I'm not mistaken Flash has been beaten down while running exceedingly fast. I thought the protection was for the environment/windshear, not necessarily impacts. Flash isn't Juggernaut.

No, but then again, a mere human wouldn't be able to withstand punching something at and/or around the speed of light (much less go that fast... meh, you know what I mean).

illadelph12
Supes is blind and deaf?

facepalm

Enyalus
What instance are you referring to?
The JLA Shadow Moon feat.

kgkg
What is the nature of this protection? Because if I'm not mistaken Flash has been beaten down while running exceedingly fast. I thought the protection was for the environment/windshear, not necessarily impacts. Flash isn't Juggernaut. I remember issue where Flash did have Juggernaut type healing factor due to his speed regen not as good but it showed he can heal rapidly.

But most of the time he gets K.O'es without healing factor ever kicking in or it's hardly noticeable.

batdude123
The JLA Shadow Moon feat.

Can I call a "McDuffie" on that? Or... "Plot Induced McDuffie?"

Seriously though... Supes has withstood worse.

Charmander
facepalm Is that Superman covering his eyes and ears?

illadelph12
No, but then again, a mere human wouldn't be able to withstand punching something at and/or around the speed of light (much less go that fast... meh, you know what I mean).

So could it be it protects him from intentional impacts, but not unintentional impacts (throwing a punch vs. receiving a punch)?

Enyalus
Can I call a "McDuffie" on that? Or... "Plot Induced McDuffie?"
Sure.

Still, Flash's IMP and whatnot would hurt Superman.

batdude123
So could it be it protects him from intentional impacts, but not unintentional impacts (throwing a punch vs. receiving a punch)?

You could infer such, although imo that's a stretch. In any case, Flash does possess a rapid healing factor.

It wouldn't stop him from getting KO'd by the likes of Superman, however.

illadelph12
So if Supes speared Flash Goldberg style he'd be in bad shape, and possibly dead, given Supes density and velocity?

Charmander
So if Supes speared Flash Goldberg style he'd be in bad shape, and possibly dead, given Supes density and velocity? If Flash ran straight into him like an idiot...

batdude123
Sure.

Still, Flash's IMP and whatnot would still hurt Superman.

Meh, I've seen Flash use the vaunted "IMP" once or twice in his entire history. It's like me running into every Superman thread and yelling "T-VO FTW!!!"

Tbh, I've seen Flash hurt his hand trying to punch Gorilla Grodd more times than I've seen the IMP.

This isn't me saying Flash would break his hand and/or not be able to affect Superman. This is simply me stating that it won't just be a single one-hitter quitter from the Flash to finish Superman.

Enyalus
If Flash ran straight into him like an idiot...
Truth.
Flash has been depicted as faster than Supes head-to-head in at least 5 Post-Crisis appearances that I can recall.

If Flash doesn't want Supes to tag him, he's not going to be able to tag him.

batdude123
So if Supes speared Flash Goldberg style he'd be in bad shape, and possibly dead, given Supes density and velocity?

He wouldn't die.

kgkg
Delp Which flash did you have in mind?

illadelph12
What if Supes also used himself as a battering ram and wrecked the battlefield so that Flash had trouble maneuvering?

Enyalus
Tbh, I've seen Flash hurt his hand trying to punch Gorilla Grodd more times than I've seen the IMP.
Flash has also one-shotted Grodd by punching him at Mach 10, so....

And it isn't like the Shadow Moon feat is a low one for current Supes, durability wise. KO'd by Brainiac's supernova, one-shot by Konvikt, mangled by Atlas...I can't think of anymore really recent examples, but that's probably because I'm tired.

It's not like Superman regularly bounces galaxy-busting attacks off of his chest, either, if we're going in the same vein as Flash's IMP thing.

illadelph12
Originally posted by kgkg
Delp Which flash did you have in mind?

I didn't really have a particular one in mind, but let's just say it's both Wally & Bart in separate but equal scenarios. Jay's sitting this one out.

batdude123
If Flash doesn't want Supes to tag him, he's not going to be able to tag him.

Flash is without a doubt faster than Superman. However, imo, Superman is fast enough in combat to roll with Flash's punches and catch him with one of his own. Granted, Superman would get licked plenty of times before he'd be able to jaw-jack him.

I'd almost say that a perfect example of what I'm talking about is in Superman/Batman #60, but that was a dream, of sorts. Nevertheless...

batdude123
Flash has also one-shotted Grodd by punching him at Mach 10, so....

And it isn't like the Shadow Moon feat is a low one for current Supes, durability wise. KO'd by Brainiac's supernova, one-shot by Konvikt, mangled by Atlas...I can't think of anymore really recent examples, but that's probably because I'm tired.

It's not like Superman regularly bounces galaxy-busting attacks off of his chest, either, if we're going in the same vein as Flash's IMP thing.

He's still taken planet-busting attacks, being inside black holes, etc. Not to mention he flew right through that moon of Saturn's before like it was butter.

Indeed. I'm going by averages. And based on your average comic book, Flash would probably surround Supes with a flurry of punches before getting caught by a Superman hook (granted, in this scenario Superman's hands are tied behind his back embarrasment).

Charmander
Superman bites his ear off.

Enyalus
Indeed. I'm going by averages. And based on your average comic book, Flash would probably surround Supes with a flurry of punches before getting caught by a Superman hook (granted, in this scenario Superman's hands are tied behind his back embarrasment).
That, or Supes stomps the ground and Flash falls over for the loss. laughing out loud

Tha C-Master
He's still taken planet-busting attacks, being inside black holes, etc. Not to mention he flew right through that moon of Saturn's before like it was butter.

Indeed. I'm going by averages. And based on your average comic book, Flash would probably surround Supes with a flurry of punches before getting caught by a Superman hook (granted, in this scenario Superman's hands are tied behind his back embarrasment). That sounds like a typical comic book and can happen on the forum, but I guess speedster characters become much more lethal on here when they are fighting full potential all of the way.

batdude123
That, or Supes stomps the ground and Flash falls over for the loss. laughing out loud

Or that too. lol

batdude123
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
That sounds like a typical comic book and can happen on the forum, but I guess speedster characters become much more lethal on here when they are fighting full potential all of the way.

I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that Superman has the abilities necessary to strike Wally at least once in a combat scenario. And that's really all he needs.

But I suppose in this instance Superman is at a huge disadvantage with his hands being tied behind his back and everything. lawlz

Tha C-Master
I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that Superman has the abilities necessary to strike Wally at least once in a combat scenario. And that's really all he needs.

But I suppose in this instance Superman is at a huge disadvantage with his hands being tied behind his back and everything. lawlz I wasn't saying you were, more or less agreeing with you. Wouldn't happen as much in a forum fight, but probably in a comic book. Do you believe it would happen at their peaks (within some reason)?

Lord Feron
Speeding headbutt ftw.

Kris Blaze

Wally has a pretty decent healing factor.

batdude123
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Wally has a pretty decent healing factor.

In any case, Flash does possess a rapid healing factor.

It wouldn't stop him from getting KO'd by the likes of Superman, however.

psycho gundam
i like this thread.

superman can probably get 4-6+/10 with his hands tied behind his back against flash, but the surfer using the same tactic (and can go faster than superman) gets no love. smile

Kris Blaze
I like this forum.

Superman will butthead Flash.

This is very likely smile

Ryo 666
Isn't it thought that Flash wins a normal battle, with Superman now handicapped why is there more chance of him winning? huh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.