501st vs. Hogwarts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
tKQ8_ZJiwqo

Darth Anakin and his legion of Clonetroopers launch an attack on Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Just for fun, the Death Eaters and Voldy are helping to defend the castle.

Does Anakin get to sharpen his lightsaber on more kiddies?

Rogue Jedi
Nope.

Sadako of Girth
The 501st win with cunning use of their Death Star.

KingD19
Blaster fire ranging up to ship damaging weaponry and grenades wins this for the 501st

Rogue Jedi
Whoa, the 501st have the use of their fleet? I dont think Lum meant to include that.

Sadako of Girth
Even without it,the heavy bombardment would likely be too much for the Hogwarts posse.

Rogue Jedi
I am fairly certain it's just the Clone troopers. No ships ir anything of the sort.

Sadako of Girth
As long as they have blaster rifles/cannons/launchers and are headed by Anakin, it wont matter.

Rogue Jedi
Well its up to Lum to name weapnory. How many 501st troops are there?

Sadako of Girth
You aint gimping them any further by taking away their weaponry, dude.

Rogue Jedi
Did I take anything away? All I am saying is its up to the thread starter to name what weaponry can be used.

Rogue Jedi
Shit I cant find anything on how many clones are in the 501st.

Sadako of Girth
Well, have a look at that bunch of troopers that Anakin led into the temple.

Thats how many.

Darth Martin
If they can take the Jedi Temple then I don't see why Hogwarts would be an exception.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well, have a look at that bunch of troopers that Anakin led into the temple.

Thats how many. Well whats your guesstimate?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
If they can take the Jedi Temple then I don't see why Hogwarts would be an exception. You really think the few Jedi and younglings at the temple are a match for Voldy, Dumbles, the Death eaters, Hogwarts faculty and every hogwarts student? roll eyes (sarcastic) The OOTP will be there too, man.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
voldy the death eaters and the OOTP + students beat troopers and anakin, imo. Too much for the boys.

only hogwarts peeps without the OOTP and Voldy and the death eaters tho, hogwarts gets pwned.

KingD19
The 501st is a legion, which means they have several regiments, and are about 10,000 strong.

Rogue Jedi
This is pointless. We need Lum to tell us exactly who from Hogwarts is allowed. Also, a specific number of clones.

KingD19
Might be pointless, but I was just letting you know that if they went up against the full 501st, Hogwarts will be no more.

Rogue Jedi
Well durh haermm

Sadako of Girth
I would estimate 4 x 36 (based on 6x6 formation) So maybe between 100-130? Thats from memory. I'll check for sure when I next watch the movie.

Dr Will Hatch
Darth Vader solos everyone, including the troopers.

The Force>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All

Luminatus
The only source on numbers for the 501st is EU. So let's just say there's 500 of them. lol Aren't I clever.

Also Hogwarts gets its teachers and students plus the Order and Death Eaters. Why? Because otherwise they're nothing but a school full of untrained wizards with 2 or 3 notable powerhouses. This way they get Voldemort and whatnot.

I wonder if I should have held this off til HBP came out and we saw what else they all can do.

KingD19
Actually, there is a good source, wookieepedia.

Even after the fall of the Empire, the squabbling of local warlords caused the 501st Legion to be dissolved and its soldiers assigned to other units. Grand Admiral Thrawn, upon assuming command of the Imperial military, resurrected the name 501st Legion, knowing the important symbolism of the name. Thrawn assigned the unit to protect the Empire of the Hand in the Unknown Regions. Outsiders who encountered them, such as Mara Jade Skywalker, assumed that Admiral Voss Parck had revived the designation and built up a new 501st from scratch, but no direct evidence is known to substantiate this, although there were some indications that the 501st may have been reorganized as a significantly smaller formation than previously. Unusually for an Imperial legion, this generation of the 501st now incorporated non-Humans into its ranks, such as the Eickarie, Su-mil.

A company was now just forty troopers strong, and apparently designated by one of the thirty-four letters of Aurebesh. This suggests that the total strength of the legion, which had never previously been much less than 10,000, may now have been as low as 1,360 men.

There was something else there, but I can't find it now.

Luminatus
It is a good source. I've used it many times. But this is only movies. What is said or shown in the movies and nthing else.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Luminatus
The only source on numbers for the 501st is EU. So let's just say there's 500 of them. lol Aren't I clever.

Also Hogwarts gets its teachers and students plus the Order and Death Eaters. Why? Because otherwise they're nothing but a school full of untrained wizards with 2 or 3 notable powerhouses. This way they get Voldemort and whatnot.

I wonder if I should have held this off til HBP came out and we saw what else they all can do. I dont see how the Clones will be able to deal with wizards apparating all around them, dementors (Yes, Umbridge can summon them), not knowing the secret corridors and shit.

"Accio lightsaber", disarm Annie, then death spell him.

Dr Will Hatch
Force pull>Accio spell

Rogue Jedi
Dozens of wizards Accioing pwns force pull. Plus if Annie is force pulling, he is open for attack.

KingD19
Don't you need to know the name of the object to use Accio on it?

And not all of them can apparate, and considering the advanced military training and tactics the 501st have, they can entrench, and then pick off everyone who apparates, they may lose a soldier here and there, but eventually they win.

And who said Umbridge was there. Since she hasn't been there in all the movies, I think the TS needs to specify her presence.

Rogue Jedi
Umbridge was in the OOTP movie. She was a teacher and headmistress. She counts.

KingD19
But she was also left in the forest, chased and had god knows what done to her by Centaurs, then brought back gift wrapped and crazier than the Joker. For all we know, she could just be in her room counting choco frogs.

And he never mentioned that this was during OOTP, he just added VOldy and the DE to help them out.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
But she was also left in the forest, chased and had god knows what done to her by Centaurs, then brought back gift wrapped and crazier than the Joker. For all we know, she could just be in her room counting choco frogs.

And he never mentioned that this was during OOTP, he just added VOldy and the DE to help them out.

Doesnt matter if she was dragged off into the forest, she was in the OOTP movie as a teacher and headmistress and with the ministry.

Here:

Originally posted by Luminatus

Also Hogwarts gets its teachers and students plus the Order and Death Eaters. Why? Because otherwise they're nothing but a school full of untrained wizards with 2 or 3 notable powerhouses.

There it is, Umbridge counts.

Rogue Jedi
Lets see, the 501st will be dealing with the following:

Voldemort, Snape and Dumbledore flying around, using Avada Kedavra and Legilimency, among other spells.

Voldemort using friendfyre to produce big ass fire serpents.

The Death Eaters flying around, using the death spells and may other spells.

The OOTP flying around, using whatever spell they see fit.

The combatants listed above apparating around like nightcrawler, death spelling, also using side apparition to remove Clones from the battlefield.

Dumbledore army targeting Clone weaponry, using expelliarmus or reducto to disarm them.

Umbridge sicking the dementors on the clones, who will not be able to see them to mount a defense.

Every other member of the school using magic spells left and right. The only problem is Anakin, who will be hit by a death spell sooner or later, probably sooner.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dozens of wizards Accioing pwns force pull. Plus if Annie is force pulling, he is open for attack.

those dozens of wizards arent going to be able to focus on him because theyll be too busy getting shot at by the hundreds of troops.

KingD19
She was only a teacher for one movie, I still think we need clarification, because if we go by your logic, then Gilderoy Lockheart will be used as well.

And all that is nice, but the 501st have got blasters, all they have to do is keep firing, and the sheer number of them will make up for the magic Hogwarts has. And the 501st are an elite fighting force, not the cannon fodder that we saw in the original trilogy.

Also, he never said Dementor's could be used, and again, when he said teachers, I think he meant main stays: Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, not one timers like Umbridge.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
voldy, the death eaters and the OOTP + students beat troopers and anakin, imo. Too much for the boys.

only hogwarts peeps without the OOTP and Voldy and the death eaters though, hogwarts gets pwned.

Anakin would probably take down a lot before getting hit by a death curse. But he'll still get hit.

501st would get owned in this one. Although I think that the students would get the brunt of the attack - maybe some death eaters and a member of the OOTP, but mostly, the 501st gets screwed.

blasters are great and all, but they'd get wiped out by the strong peeps.

throw in the Jedi Council and the sith in the movies, though, and Hogwarts gets pwned.

Rogue Jedi
She was only a teacher for one movie, I still think we need clarification, because if we go by your logic, then Gilderoy Lockheart will be used as well.

And all that is nice, but the 501st have got blasters, all they have to do is keep firing, and the sheer number of them will make up for the magic Hogwarts has. And the 501st are an elite fighting force, not the cannon fodder that we saw in the original trilogy.

Also, he never said Dementor's could be used, and again, when he said teachers, I think he meant main stays: Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, not one timers like Umbridge. Dude, she is a Hogwarts teacher, being only in one movie makes no difference. How many SW movies were the 501st clones shown in? Hmm? Number of appearances means nothing, she was in the OOTP movie, she counts. And sure, Lockhart was in a HO movie, so he can be used, useless as he was.

The clones can blast away all day, how are they gonna target the wizards on the gound AND the wizards in the air? And apparition, how will they deal with apparition? How are they gonna handle a huge fire serpent? What are they gonna do when they are relieved of their weapons? The wizards have WAY too much power and spells at their disposal here.

The Clones are, sorry to say, outclassed here. Hurts me to say that, because you know I am a huge SW fan.

WO Polaski
The clones can blast away all day, how are they gonna target the wizards on the gound AND the wizards in the air?

um... guns are ranged weapons...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by WO Polaski
um... guns are ranged weapons... Um, so what? Wont make any difference here, will it? They will be relieved of their weapons quicker than shit. Accio or expelliarmus FTW.

KingD19
Um, you've got hundreds of guys firing semi and fully automatic laser weaponry at the wizards, all they are are moving targets. And you never answered my question, don't you have to know what something is called to use Accio on it?

And how will the wizards stop blaster bolts from burning holes clean through their bodies? Or Anakin pushing them with enough pressure to break bones, or pulling them into his blade.

And for the record, I believe the 501st were in movies II, III, IV, V, & VI. Plus, like Robtard said, if the death spell is stopped by rock, their armor will stop it no problem.

Robtard
Death spell isn't working on the clones.

Rogue Jedi
Um, you've got hundreds of guys firing semi and fully automatic laser weaponry at the wizards, all they are are moving targets. And you never answered my question, don't you have to know what something is called to use Accio on it?

And how will the wizards stop blaster bolts from burning holes clean through their bodies? Or Anakin pushing them with enough pressure to break bones, or pulling them into his blade. Simple, if accio doesnt work, expelliarmus.

Anakin is one man, and he will be among the first to fall to a death spell. He literally has no defense against it. Not saying he wont do damage, but the wizards will see him as the commander and take him out quickly.

How will the wizards stop blaster bolts from burning holes in their bodies? Well, the wizards have a way of disarming clone troopers from afar with expelliarmus. The clones have no way of disarming wizards. And how will clones stop friendfyre, or any spell thrown their way? They cant. They wont. They lose.

WO Polaski
Um, so what? Wont make any difference here, will it? They will be relieved of their weapons quicker than shit. Accio or expelliarmus FTW.

teenagers who are ultimately not trained soldiers and are simply kids, somehow have quicker reflexes then trained soldiers who are clones of a man who moved quick enough to go toe-to-toe with jedi now?

seriously some of those students are like obese 15-year olds. they have no combat training nor sense of tactics. they dont have reflex training or even school P.E. what makes you think any wizard student in Hogwarts can aim and shoot a spell at a clone trooper faster then a trooper can aim and shoot his gun? in any quick-draw scenario the hogwards student is going to get his ass kicked.

blasters have a range of 100 meters and can go through multiple walls. wizards dont have superior range with their spells then troopers do with their guns.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Death spell isn't working on the clones. Dude, stop. They are living beings, simple as that. Their armor has creases, the death spell will work its way through the black body glove and kill them.

Jeez.

Rogue Jedi

And for the record, I believe the 501st were in movies II, III, IV, V, & VI. Plus, like Robtard said, if the death spell is stopped by rock, their armor will stop it no problem. WHOA. You really wanna bring the 501st STORMTROOPERS into this? laughing I'd think about that long and hard.

Besides, there are only 500 501st in this fight and I recall him saying "clone troopers."

I already covered the armor issue.

KingD19
The spell doesn't spread like that to my knowledge. It only works if it hits you, so unless you're hit in the crook of your elbow, or the back of your leg, then the Clones are good.

And yeah, they're trained military with personal shields, and combat training, it's called taking cover. Hell, they could probably dodge every spell thrown at them.

And I think if a lightsaber can block a turbo laser shot from a ship, and high powered beam weaponry, then it can block a simple spell.

And no, I'm not bringing the stormtroopers into it, you asked me how many movies they were in, I gave you an answer. They were all considered 501st, and I believe those are all the movies they appeared in.

Rogue Jedi
teenagers who are ultimately not trained soldiers and are simply kids, somehow have quicker reflexes then trained soldiers who are clones of a man who moved quick enough to go toe-to-toe with jedi now?

seriously some of those students are like obese 15-year olds. they have no combat training nor sense of tactics. they dont have reflex training or even school P.E. what makes you think any wizard student in Hogwarts can aim and shoot a spell at a clone trooper faster then a trooper can aim and shoot his gun? in any quick-draw scenario the hogwards student is going to get his ass kicked.

blasters have a range of 100 meters and can go through multiple walls. wizards dont have superior range with their spells then troopers do with their guns.

The death eaters, OOTP, teachers and dementors are really all that is needed here. The students will be there to throw distraction spells at the clones.

Robtard
Dude, stop. They are living beings, simple as that. Their armor has creases, the death spell will work its way through the black body glove and kill them.

Jeez.

Crease doesn't mean it has openings like cloth,wool, linen etc does, the clone armor is basically a bio-suit. So no, death spell isn't going to work on them. Wizards are going to have to kill them with other spells.

There is also at least 1,000 clones( but likely thousands more), so while many of them will surely die, Hogwarts is getting overwhelmed by blaster fire. Stands to reason the Clones kill everyone and level Howarts before the Dementors kill them all, if they have a killing spell besides the death spell.

Edit: I see the Dementors aren't in here, figures you'd try to weasel them in. Clones stomp.

WO Polaski
The death eaters, OOTP, teachers and dementors are really all that is needed here. The students will be there to throw distraction spells at the clones.
death eaters, ootp, teachers, are all normal people. i repeat my earlier statement. they are not super speed empowered beings and theyre not even real trained soldiers. theyre not tactical geniuses either. so what makes you think theyll have quicker reflexes then a mirror-image clone of a man who can fight a jedi in hand-to-hand combat?

KingD19
Thread starter never said Dementors could be used. He said teachers, DE, Voldy, and OOTP, not anything about Dementors. You can't automatically assume they can be used. If you wanna use Dementors, then the 501st can use walkers and all their heavy gear.

Rogue Jedi
The spell doesn't spread like that to my knowledge. It only works if it hits you, so unless you're hit in the crook of your elbow, or the back of your leg, then the Clones are good. Actually, the death spell wouldnt be used as much as we are making it sound. Apparition would be used more than the death spell. Voldy, Dumbles and Snape, as well as the death eaters, would surely use apparition to its fullest, apparating clones away from the field of battle. Also, expelliarmus, the clones, as I have said MANY times, will be relieved of their rifles. All they can do once disarmed is go h2h.

Shields? Explain that. I dont remember shields in the movies.

A spell is not a plasma bolt.

Rogue Jedi
Crease doesn't mean it has openings like cloth,wool, linen etc does, the clone armor is basically a bio-suit. So no, death spell isn't going to work on them. Wizards are going to have to kill them with other spells.

There is also at least 1,000 clones( but likely thousands more), so while many of them will surely die, Hogwarts is getting overwhelmed by blaster fire. Stands to reason the Clones kill everyone and level Howarts before the Deatheaters kill them all, if they have a killing spell besides the death spell. Its a rubber body glove, man, the death spell wil penetrate rubber. Nice try though.

500 clones here, thread rules.

Amazing how you stressed how fragile stormtrooper armor is in the SST thread, now you are praising it.

WO Polaski
and seriously, the jedi order was comprised of thousands of jedi. the temple itself had multiple hundreds in it at the time the clones attacked it. so what makes you think palpatine would send a few hundred clones? thats like one clone for every jedi; that wouldnt work. chances are he probably sent a full regiment, which si over 5000 men.

KingD19
Well, considering that the 501st works in groups, backs will be watched by squad mates, as soon as they see that smoke of apparation, they will fire a shot, and more than likely hit their target.

During several of the fights, Troopers were hit dead center with blaster bolts and not killed, which indicates shields taking most of the damage.

And the black body suit is rubber, the armor itself is rather sturdy.

Rogue Jedi
Thread starter never said Dementors could be used. He said teachers, DE, Voldy, and OOTP, not anything about Dementors. You can't automatically assume they can be used. If you wanna use Dementors, then the 501st can use walkers and all their heavy gear. Umbridge can control the dementors, they are literally a weapon she wields. To not include them is just stupid.

Lets let the thread starter come here and make a call. I'll drop the dementors until he does, deal?

Rogue Jedi
and seriously, the jedi order was comprised of thousands of jedi. the temple itself had multiple hundreds in it at the time the clones attacked it. so what makes you think palpatine would send a few hundred clones? thats like one clone for every jedi; that wouldnt work. chances are he probably sent a full regiment, which si over 5000 men. Thread starter said 500. Talk to him about it.

WO Polaski
Its a rubber body glove, man, the death spell wil penetrate rubber. Nice try though.

its not rubber. clone suits are designed to work in a vacuum, meaning space. so that means the body glove is completely 100% sealed, as any tiny hole even molecular would result in the wearer dying in a vacuum.

Rogue Jedi
Well, considering that the 501st works in groups, backs will be watched by squad mates, as soon as they see that smoke of apparation, they will fire a shot, and more than likely hit their target.

During several of the fights, Troopers were hit dead center with blaster bolts and not killed, which indicates shields taking most of the damage.

And the black body suit is rubber, the armor itself is rather sturdy. There IS no smoke with apparition. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did any of the troopers say "Dude we got shields!!!"? Nope. Clones have no shields. Nothig is said of it in the movies.

KingD19
Yeah, but if he does accept Dementors, then the 501st can use their heavy gear and ships, since those are weapons that the 501st wield.

So if they don't have shields, tell me why some got hit square in the chest and died, while others got hit square in the chest, then kept fighting?

Rogue Jedi
its not rubber. clone suits are designed to work in a vacuum, meaning space. so that means the body glove is completely 100% sealed, as any tiny hole even molecular would result in the wearer dying in a vacuum. So its sealed, so what? Doesnt mean that it cannot be penerated.

WO Polaski
doesnt mean a death spell can penetrate it either. you said this:

Its a rubber body glove, man, the death spell wil penetrate rubber. Nice try though.

burden of proof is on you.

Robtard

500 clones here, thread rules.

Amazing how you stressed how fragile stormtrooper armor is in the SST thread, now you are praising it.

It's a bio-suit, as it can temporarily protect the user from the vacuum of space and chemical agents, it isn't porous like cloth. So no, the death spell isn't getting through it, as that spell is blocked by shit like doors, walls and stone.

500 battle trained soldiers are more than enough to handle mostly children and a handfull of powerful wizards, as the clones can spare to have several killed in exchange for 1-2 wizards. Comes down to a matter of who has greater numbers here; the clones do.

Stormtrooper armor is different than Clone armor, going by movie feats, which is what we do here. I suspect the Empire got cheap and had massive cutbacks later in life, buidling two Deathstars can be bankrupting.

WO Polaski
just to enforce robtard:

death eaters, ootp, teachers, are all normal people. i repeat my earlier statement. they are not super speed empowered beings and theyre not even real trained soldiers. theyre not tactical geniuses either. so what makes you think theyll have quicker reflexes then a mirror-image clone of a man who can fight a jedi in hand-to-hand combat?

KingD19
buidling two Deathstars can be bankrupting.

Yeah man, just think about the loans they had to take out on those things, and their insurance must have went through the roof.

Rogue Jedi
doesnt mean a death spell can penetrate it either. you said this:

burden of proof is on you. Quite the opposite, you are claiming it can repel the death spell, up to you to prove why. If an ewok arrow can penetrate it, then surely the death spell can.

KingD19
Hey, didn't you just say something about bringing up the 501st stormtroopers??? These are clonetroopers, Ewoks wouldn't have stood a chance.

WO Polaski
Quite the opposite, you are claiming it can repel the death spell, up to you to prove why. If an ewok arrow can penetrate it, then surely the death spell can.

you made the statement that it can go through the material before anyone else even brought it up but you never gave proof to your statement, so i dont have to prove anything. burdens on you.

Robtard
just to enforce robtard:

Going by what Genosians(sp?) said, the clones are genetically improved versions of Jango Fett, they're faster, stronger and tougher than he is. They're also extensively trained in warfare from childhood to adulthood. War is all they know; it's all they do.

Robtard
Quite the opposite, you are claiming it can repel the death spell, up to you to prove why. If an ewok arrow can penetrate it, then surely the death spell can.

Which I did, using logic and reason, see above.

Ewok arrow went through Stromtrooper armor, not Clone armor. Also, a stone arrow is piercing/concussive, a death spell isn't.

Death spell can't go through a wall, its not going through a Clone's bio-suit. Better pull some other HP super-spell out of your fanboy ass. Cuz 500 battle ready soldiers are going to stomp children with wands and brooms.

KingD19
Wands and brooms made of wood, they go whoosh when you hit em with a blaster bolt.

Rogue Jedi
It's a bio-suit, as it can temporarily protect the user from the vacuum of space and chemical agents, it isn't porous like cloth. So no, the death spell isn't getting through it, as that spell is blocked by shit like doors, walls and stone.

500 battle trained soldiers are more than enough to handle mostly children and a handfull of powerful wizards, as the clones can spare to have several killed in exchange for 1-2 wizards. Comes down to a matter of who has greater numbers here; the clones do.

Stormtrooper armor is different than Clone armor, going by movie feats, which is what we do here. I suspect the Empire got cheap and had massive cutbacks later in life, buidling two Deathstars can be bankrupting.

As I just said, an ewok arrow can penetrate the suit, but the death spell cant? The death spell shattered tombstones, remember? Arrows cant do that.

There are at least ten death eaters, about the same for the OOTP, then you have the aurors, the dementors, the hogwarts teachers, not to mention Voldemort and dumbles. The detah eaters and OOTP menbers will be flying around, untouchable, and apparating faster than the clones can follow.

Stormtrooper armor is the same shit, stop speculating. Provide proof it is different or drop it.

Another thing, portkeys. The wizards can leave several objects lying around as portkeys. If a clone picks it up or makes any contact at all with it, ZAP, they are out of the game. yes

Robtard
As I just said, an ewok arrow can penetrate the suit, but the death spell cant? The death spell shattered tombstones, remember? Arrows cant do that.

There are at least ten death eaters, about the same for the OOTP, then you have the aurors, the dementors, the hogwarts teachers, not to mention Voldemort and dumbles. The detah eaters and OOTP menbers will be flying around, untouchable, and apparating faster than the clones can follow.

Stormtrooper armor is the same shit, stop speculating. Provide proof it is different or drop it.

Another thing, portkeys. The wizards can leave several objects lying around as portkeys. If a clone picks it up or makes any contact at all with it, ZAP, they are out of the game. yes

I don't recall it "shattering" the tombstone, more like knocking it a bit back. Also, Clone armor is likely more durable than stone.

Dementors aren't here, see the OP setting. Even if they were, they'd need a spell that could kill the Clones, as the death spell isn't working pasted their bio-suits. See above.

It looks very different, flimsy even, it has an opening under the neck (Clone armor doesn't). Ergo, it's not the same shit and it stands to reason the Empire was affected by the cost of running a massive Empire. Roman armor dated circa 50BC- 100AD is far superior the the shit later on. Why? The cost to keep so many soldiers armed with top-of-the-line armaments got too costly.

Edit: Even catering to your nonsense that the Death Spell does work through the Clone armor, not all that many wizards know it, so 500 soldiers are still blasting all the wizards to shit, just more will be dead by the time Hogwarts is in rubble.

KingD19
WHy would the clones just pick up random objects?

Info on the armors

Clone Trooper Armor - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_trooper_armor

Stormtrooper Armor - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper_armor

Under stormtrooper protective measures, it says that while stormtrooper armor was weaker than Phase I and II clone armor, it offered better protection against the elements.

And a slugthrower can penetrate tombstones easy, but that won't get through a trooper suit, blaster bolts can slag and shatter stone too.

Rogue Jedi
you made the statement that it can go through the material before anyone else even brought it up but you never gave proof to your statement, so i dont have to prove anything. burdens on you. It's a black body glove, made of rubber, how is rubber gonna stop a death spell?

Robtard
It's a black body glove, made of rubber, how is rubber gonna stop a death spell?

In reality it's rubber, it the movies is clearly supposed to be something more advanced and highly protective, you nit.

Rogue Jedi
I don't recall it "shatterin" the tombstone, more like knocking it a bit back. Also, Clone armor is likely more durable than stone.

Dementors are here, see the OP setting. Even if they were, they'd need a spell that could kill the Clones, as the death spell isn't working pasted their bio-suits. See above.

It looks very different, flimsy even, it has an opening under the neck (Clone armor doesn't). Ergo, it's not the same shit and it stands to reason the Empire was affected by the cost of running a massive Empire. Roman armor dated circa 50BC- 100AD is far superior the the shit later on. Why? The cost to keep so many soldiers armed with top-of-the-line armaments got too costly.

Clone trooper armor more durable than stone? Oooooooooooooooook.......

Its only fair to have the dementors here, against 500 someodd clones. They are, agfter all, n extension of Umbridges power. What would you say if I said Annie should be stripped of his force powers? Same shit.

WO Polaski
It's a black body glove, made of rubber, how is rubber gonna stop a death spell?

you have no proof its made of rubber so why do you keep saying its rubber? how do you know its rubber? because its black?

Rogue Jedi
In reality it's rubber, it the movies is clearly supposed to be something more advanced and highly protective, you nit. Is this stated in the movies? Hmm? Nope. Nor is it implied.

Rogue Jedi
you have no proof its made of rubber so why do you keep saying its rubber? how do you know its rubber? because its black? How do you know its NOT made of rubber? Hmm?

WO Polaski

Its only fair to have the dementors here, against 500 someodd clones. They are, agfter all, n extension of Umbridges power. What would you say if I said Annie should be stripped of his force powers? Same shit.

how is that "fair"?

how it is right now is perfectly fair because the 501st is fighting here with half the fighting force they'd normally have.

Rogue Jedi
WHy would the clones just pick up random objects?

Info on the armors

Clone Trooper Armor - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_trooper_armor

Stormtrooper Armor - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper_armor

Under stormtrooper protective measures, it says that while stormtrooper armor was weaker than Phase I and II clone armor, it offered better protection against the elements.

And a slugthrower can penetrate tombstones easy, but that won't get through a trooper suit, blaster bolts can slag and shatter stone too.

Portkeys can be made out of any object. The wizards can turn every object the clones would use for cover into a portkey. Hell, they could literally build a protective wall of portkeys around the castle. The clones touch it, bam, they're gone. Pretty simple.

KingD19
Like I said, if you can use Dementors, the 501st can use all the weaponry at their disposal, all of it, including the heavy stuff.

And it's not rubber because it's insulated, airtight, and it does more than rubber ever could, plus, I don't even think they use rubber in the star wars universe. And obviously the body suit wouldn't be rubber, they would die from the heat and having all their pores cut off. Plus, if you can survive in space for 20 minutes inside the suit with a full air tank, then that ain't rubber, get over it dude.

I can't remember how portkeys are made, but I'm pretty sure it isn't an instant process. And they'll be using walls and tables and things as cover, turning the whole thing into a portkey would be pointless, since that takes time they don't have.

WO Polaski
How do you know its NOT made of rubber? Hmm?

1. burden of proof isnt on me you made the claim before anyone else that it was made of rubber.

2. youre asking me to prove a negative... which as we all know is an impossibility.

3. the fact that instead of simply answering the question you asked me a question and tried to shift the focus away from you and on to me, leads me t believe you dont actually have any proof at all...

Rogue Jedi
how is that "fair"?

how it is right now is perfectly fair because the 501st is fighting here with half the fighting force they'd normally have.

ok, bring the whole ****ing 501st, the dementors alone would pwn them. The wizards can all just apparate away, or hide in the room of requirement as the clones are eliminated one by one.

Rogue Jedi
1. burden of proof isnt on me you made the claim before anyone else that it was made of rubber.

2. youre asking me to prove a negative... which as we all know is an impossibility.

3. the fact that instead of simply answering the question you asked me a question and tried to shift the spotlight away, leads me t believe you dont actually have any proof at all... I'm not trying to shift responsibility here, I am merely asking you to prove the rubber body glove is immune to spells. Thats a pretty bold statement, you know.

WO Polaski
the 501st legion consists of 9,216 troops. hogwarts is getting owned.

WO Polaski
I'm not trying to shift responsibility here, I am merely asking you to prove the rubber body glove is immune to spells. Thats a pretty bold statement, you know.

and im simply telling you that i dont have to prove jack because i didnt make the claim first you did. burdens on you man. and yet again you say its rubber. why is it rubber? how do you know this?

KingD19
Actually no, not all the wizards can apparate, and not all of them know of the room of requirement. And like I said, you bring in the Dementors, we bring in AT-AT's and things like that, which can just bring the castle down around the wizards.

Rogue, prove that the body suit is rubber, rubber that's air tight, adjustable to temperature changes, and contours with your body, and can keep you alive in a vacuum. Yeah, prove it's rubber.

Robtard

See the "slug thrower" comment.

Why would it be fair to have a small army of peeps that would be invisible to the Clone Troopers and their weapons couldn't likely harm them? I know, so your HP fanboyism can go full throttle. The thread was made as is, no Dementors, for obviously good reasons too.

Anakin-Vader isn't even needed here, the 500 clones still win with superior numbers, training and weapons.

Rogue Jedi
the 501st legion consists of 9,216 troops. hogwarts is getting owned. How would these 9216 clones fight dementors? They cant see them, their blasters cant hurt them, they can produce no patronus, the dementors would take their time and, one at a time, turn the clones into babbling idiots.

Rogue Jedi
Actually no, not all the wizards can apparate, and not all of them know of the room of requirement. And like I said, you bring in the Dementors, we bring in AT-AT's and things like that, which can just bring the castle down around the wizards.

Rogue, prove that the body suit is rubber, rubber that's air tight, adjustable to temperature changes, and contours with your body, and can keep you alive in a vacuum. Yeah, prove it's rubber. Even if the castle was brought down, to win, the clones would have to take out the dementors, which they cant. the wizards who can apparate can side apparate away the inexperienced wizards and let the dementors have a field day.

Robtard
How would these 9216 clones fight dementors? They cant see them, their blasters cant hurt them, they can produce no patronus, the dementors would take their time and, one at a time, turn the clones into babbling idiots.

And having an enemy that is completely immune to anything the other side can do seems fair to you? Dude, your HP fanboyism has officially reached critical mass, I suspect the close release date of Halfblood Prince is the cause, scary.

KingD19
Oh yeah, and I just read somewhere that to make a portkey, you need ministry approval, which will be kind of hard since ya know, they're in the middle of getting blasted to hell with bright blue bolts of super heated plasma.

Yeah, what they said, the Dementor thing is you just pulling straws out of your ass. That's like having movie Colossus going up against guys armed with nothing but 9mm pistols, they do nothing to him, they can't harm him, but he can easily kill them. See how fair that is?

Rogue Jedi
See the "slug thrower" comment.

Why would it be fair to have a small army of peeps that would be invisible to the Clone Troopers and their weapons couldn't likely harm them? I know, so your HP fanboyism can go full throttle. The thread was made as is, no Dementors, for obviously good reasons too.

Anakin-Vader isn't even needed here, the 500 still win with superior numbers, training and weapons.

So, you take away one of Umbridges most powerful weapons, AND outnumber the wizards? Yeah, real fair.

Umbridge is a hogwarts teacher, the dementors are under her control, not to include them is like sending the clones in unarmed.

And you know full well I am a rabid SW fan, so stop with the fanboy bullshit. If anything, its you knowing shit about the HP movies.

Rogue Jedi
Oh yeah, and I just read somewhere that to make a portkey, you need ministry approval, which will be kind of hard since ya know, they're in the middle of getting blasted to hell with bright blue bolts of super heated plasma.

Yeah, what they said, the Dementor thing is you just pulling straws out of your ass. That's like having movie Colossus going up against guys armed with nothing but 9mm pistols, they do nothing to him, they can't harm him, but he can easily kill them. See how fair that is? Umbridge acts on behalf of the ministry, durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh.

KingD19
Dude, having an enemy that is invulnerable to anything one side can do is unfair, I don't care how big a SW fanboy you are, having the Dementors up against the 501st is like having Starkiller going up against younglings with training sabers.

Rogue Jedi
And having an enemy that is completely immune to anything the other side can do seems fair to you? Dude, your HP fanboyism has officially reached critical mass, I suspect the close release date of Halfblood Prince is the cause, scary. Same old shit, when painted into a corner, its fanboy this, fanboy that. Funny coming from you, Mrs. McClane, calling someone else a fanboy.

WO Polaski
How would these 9216 clones fight dementors? They cant see them, their blasters cant hurt them, they can produce no patronus, the dementors would take their time and, one at a time, turn the clones into babbling idiots.

it would take them literally months to years to kill all 9000 of them. that means the clones can basically just ignore the dementors completely and take whatever losses they take and kill literally everything else. Hogwarts is destroyed all the students are dead the order is dead the teachers are dead theres just a bunch of dementors running around. the thread starter never said everyone had to be dead he said hogwarts vs. the 501st. if all the children are dead and hogwarts is destroyed then the clones won.

WO Polaski
So, you take away one of Umbridges most powerful weapons,

and vehicles and starship are apart of the 501st legion's weapon set meaning no one would even have to set foot in the school the whole building could just be bombarded from 500 feet up. erm

Rogue Jedi
it would take them literally months to years to kill all 9000 of them. that means the clones can basically just ignore the dementors completely and take whatever losses they take and kill literally everything else. Hogwarts is destroyed all the students are dead the order is dead the teachers are dead theres just a bunch of dementors running around. the thread starter never said everyone had to be dead he said hogwarts vs. the 501st. if all the children are dead and hogwarts is destroyed then the clones won.

The wizards who can apparate side apparate away all the wizards. Dementors go to work on the clones.

Months? Dude, takes maybe a minute for a dementor to render one useless. There are HUNDREDS of dementors, do the math.

WO Polaski
The wizards who can apparate side apparate away all the wizards. Dementors go to work on the clones.

its not a death match. the object is to defend Hogwarts. wizards running away and dementors being invincible will not keep hogwarts standing. in fact apparating away would be retreating from the base theyre supposed to defend.

Robtard
So, you take away one of Umbridges most powerful weapons, AND outnumber the wizards? Yeah, real fair.

Umbridge is a hogwarts teacher, the dementors are under her control, not to include them is like sending the clones in unarmed.

And you know full well I am a rabid SW fan, so stop with the fanboy bullshit. If anything, its you knowing shit about the HP movies.

It's a wizard vs trooper fight, simple as that, can magic defeat technology. In this case, it can't. If Hogwarts gets Dementors under it's power, then why don't the Clones get their starships?

I know you are, which is what makes it even more freighting, your HP fanboyism has actually superseded your SW fanboyism and is causing you to think completely irrational here, where you think mostly children with wands and a handful of powerful wizards are taking down hundreds (if not thousands) of battle hardened advanced-tech genetically engineered soldiers. I don't think even Omgcos's HP fanboyism would lead him this astray.

BTW, all I need to know about HP to debate in here is the movies, so I do know my shit.

Rogue Jedi
and vehicles and starship are apart of the 501st legion's weapon set meaning no one would even have to set foot in the school the whole building could just be bombarded from 500 feet up. erm Bring it on. As I said, all wizards will apparate/side apparate away from the field, and the dementors will have clone soup for lunch. There is literally no way the clones can fight the dementors. None whatsoever, not with any of their weapons, AT AT's included. All the wizards live, all the clones die.

Rogue Jedi
It's a wizard vs trooper fight, simple as that, can magic defeat technology. In this case, it can't. If Hogwarts gets anything under it's power, then why don't the clones get their starships?

I know you are, which is what makes it even more freighting, your HP fanboyism has actually superseded your SW fanboyism and is causing you to think completely irrational here, where you think mostly children with wands and a handful of powerful wizards are taking done hundreds (if not thousands) of battle hardened advanced-tech soldiers. I don't think even Omgcos's HP fanboyism would lead him this astray.

BTW, all I need to know about HP to debate in here is the movies, so I do know my shit.

Dementors, dude, Dementors. Explain how the clones defeat the Dementors.

Go ahead, make some shit up, I'll wait.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Bring it on. As I said, all wizards will apparate/side apparate away from the field, and the dementors will have clone soup for lunch. There is literally no way the clones can fight the dementors. None whatsoever, not with any of their weapons, AT AT's included. All the wizards live, all the clones die.

maybe not all - i bet a lot of the students will die.

unless the death eaters, dementors, profs. OOTP, etc. are frontliners.

Rogue Jedi
its not a death match. the object is to defend Hogwarts. wizards running away and dementors being invincible will not keep hogwarts standing. in fact apparating away would be retreating from the base theyre supposed to defend. And when the wizards disappear, you think the clones are still gonna bombard the castle? Get real, they are gonna look around like WTF man, then the dementors will be on them. The wizards win and protect hogwarts without even being there, Umbridge puts the leash back on the Dementors, business as usual for hogwarts.

Robtard
Dementors, dude, Dementors. Explain how the clones defeat the Dementors.

Go ahead, make some shit up, I'll wait.

They can't, as they're invisible to the Clones and the blasters can't likely harm them. (this would make it a spite-thread)

Explain to me where in the OP it says "Dementors"? (It doesn't, the TS specifically listed who's in the battle.)

Go ahead and pull some more shit out of your pucker.

Edit: If you're considering the Dementors under some "it's part of Hogwarts" clause, then by that same rational, the 501st legion gets all their gear, ships, ground armor etc. Hogwarts get bombared from space, the air and ground all at the same time. It loses even worse than before.

WO Polaski
if their objective is to destroy the castle then they arent going to not destroy it simply because theres no one there. youre grasping at straws. erm

Rogue Jedi
They can't, as they're invisible to the Clones and the blasters can't likely harm them. (this would make it a spite-thread)

Explain to me where in the OP it says "Dementors"? (It doesn't, the TS specifically listed who's in the battle.)

Go ahead and pull some more shit out of your pucker. Just saying, Hogwarts at it full might, with every possible weapon being used is far too much for the clones at their full might.

Here's a scenario for you....

The ground/surrounding forest outside Hogwarts is turned into one giant portkey by making portkeys out of rocks, trees, and other objects. Hell, even the doors to hogwarts and the walls are made into portkeys. To gain access to the castle, or to even venture within firing range of the castle, one MUST venture across these portkeys. The apparating wizards apparate away and side apparate away the younger wizards and LOL as one by one the clones and all their vehicles are portkeyed to the middle of the ocean. Blub blub blub. Say hello to Davy Jones.

Suck on that.

WO Polaski
The ground/surrounding forest outside Hogwarts is turned into one giant portkey by making portkeys out of rocks, trees, and other objects. Hell, even the doors to hogwarts and the walls are made into portkeys. To gain access to the castle, or to even venture within firing range of the castle, one MUST venture across these portkeys.

unless you have a ship that can instantly vaporize the castle and everything surrounding it in a mile radius with one salvo from your ship which is in high-orbit.

*shrug* you said at their full might. the 501st at their full might have air support and an entire Venator-class ship at their discretion.

Rogue Jedi
. Hogwarts get bombared from space, the air and ground all at the same time. It loses even worse than before. Snape, Voldy and Dumbles apparate aboard the star destoryers, legilimens the gunners, turns them on each other.

HA.

Rogue Jedi
unless you have a ship that can instantly vaporize the castle and everything surrounding it in a mile radius with one salvo from your ship which is in high-orbit.

*shrug* you said at their full might. the 501st at their full might have air support and an entire Venator-class ship at their discretion.

Snape, Voldy and Dumbles apparate aboard the star destoryers, legilimens the gunners, turns them on each other.

HA.

WO Polaski
Snape, Voldy and Dumbles apparate aboard the star destoryers, legilimens the gunners, turns them on each other.

HA.

and they will magically know about this ship that is in space because...?

and theyd have to do this to about a hundred gunners, withOUT getting shot once by one of the hundreds of troopers on station that all have superior reflexes, and THEN theyd have to somehow to destroy the 50 starfighters that can be launched from the ship.

and in ADDITION, theyd have to know where the gus are on the ship and theyd have to know how many there are.

jaden101
The problem with this debate is there's no consistency with the 501st...odd given that they're meant to be clones and equally trained...Ki Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura got their ass kicked by 4 or 5 of them yet a young padawan kicked a few of their asses before getting killed.

Robtard

They're just going to happen to know where in space-orbit the ships are?

Where the gunners are exacly?

They can teleport that far to begin with?

Stands to reason the other personal on board (which is a lot) would take out those gunners after a few attacks on their own.

Yeah, your HP fanboyism has gone lethal, seek help.

Edit: I see you're saying it was a joke. So I accept your concession, the Clones win.

Rogue Jedi
and they will magically know about this ship that is in space because...?

and theyd have to do this to about a hundred gunners, withOUT getting shot once by one of the hundreds of troopers on station that all have superior reflexes, and THEN theyd have to somehow to destroy the 50 starfighters that can be launched from the ship.

and in ADDITION, theyd have to know where the gus are on the ship and theyd have to know how many there are. Dude, that was a joke. Wizards cannot apparate through space. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hence the HA.

Rogue Jedi
They're just going to happen to know where in space-orbit the ships are?

Where the gunners are exacly?

They can teleport that far to begin with?

Stands to reason the other personal on board (which is a lot) would take out those gunners are a few attacks on their own.

Yeah, you HP fanboyism has gone lethal, seek help. Adjust your sarcasm meter, I just said I was kidding roll eyes (sarcastic)

WO Polaski
ki-adi-mundi had been fighting in a battle for who knows how long. he had smudge and battlescars on him as well if i remember right. he could have been fighting for hours or even days before they attacked him.

in addition zet jukassa ( i think thats the padawans name) Was about 3 feet tall and was in the center mass of the clone squad meaning they couldnt shoot without worrying about friendly fire. it was a bad position for the clones there.

WO Polaski
Dude, that was a joke. Wizards cannot apparate through space. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hence the HA.

dont eye roll me. youve been saying ridiculous shit and grasping at straws for the last page and a half. it would certainly be in character for that post you made to be completely logical to you.

so are you done? your not-serious joke post a subtle way of saying "i concede"?

edit- 3 pages not a page and a half..

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
The problem with this debate is there's no consistency with the 501st...odd given that they're meant to be clones and equally trained...Ki Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura got their ass kicked by 4 or 5 of them yet a young padawan kicked a few of their asses before getting killed.

While Mr. Conehead wasn't caught completely unaware, that kid did surprise them and for all we know, he could have been made of pure medichlorians.

XanatosForever
I has a theory. Considering it's been proven that energy can be redirected using lightsabers (Windu vs. Sidious), what's to stop Anakin from deflecting death spells back at the wizards?

Bet that'd be a big surprise. shifty

Sadako of Girth
How do you know its NOT made of rubber? Hmm?

By the same logic, how do you know that Hogwarts' Magic will even affect the troops and especially the Jedi..

Cause Anakin could just force crush the throats of whomever is trying to utter a spell. And he would be able to sense them too and shit.
Not to mention the Jedi mind trick tricking Wizards into spelling on other wizards.... so much that you havent considered, by the position of your argument.

jaden101
ki-adi-mundi had been fighting in a battle for who knows how long. he had smudge and battlescars on him as well if i remember right. he could have been fighting for hours or even days before they attacked him.

Speculation...

I could see that being valid if he was surrounded but weren't they only on 1 side of him when he charged them but after his initial attack?...Granted he did take them by surprise but he still gave a better showing of himself than Jedi masters did and they're the ones who are supposed to have precog abilities.

I just thought that aspect of it was a bit...odd.

Sadako of Girth
Same old shit, when painted into a corner, its fanboy this, fanboy that. Funny coming from you, Mrs. McClane, calling someone else a fanboy.

But the McClane thing, when in fanboy mode, is just irony steeped.

It sardonically comments on the attitudes of fanboys like you. smile

And the fanboy thing is worthy of mention here, as you had pretended to be a casual 'seen a couple of the movies once' type person.

WO Polaski
Speculation...

so...?

they all have precog abilities. padawans and masters alike masters just have more honed cognitive skillz.

and to be frank it doesnt seem odd to me at all.

the padawan used the element of surprise to to get himself into a superior position, a position where it is actually nearly impossible for the clones to win the scenario. thus he fared well.

ki-adi-mundi had been fighting in a battle and was betrayed by his own soldiers, right before hand he led a charge, meaning he was at optimal range against the troopers AND had to worry about the droids still shooting at his back. he had unwillingly maneuvered himself into a position where it would have been impossible for him to win in that scenario without random luck.

jaden101

and to be frank it doesnt seem odd to me at all.

Well it does to me...That a padawan can fare better against a larger number of attacking clones than a Jedi master and council member can.

WO Polaski
thats because youre not thinking about it clearly. youre a former soldier arent you?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I has a theory. Considering it's been proven that energy can be redirected using lightsabers (Windu vs. Sidious), what's to stop Anakin from deflecting death spells back at the wizards?

Bet that'd be a big surprise. shifty

This also.

jaden101
thats because youre not thinking about it clearly. youre a former soldier arent you?

I've done military service but not as a front line soldier...

I guess i'm simplifying a more complex set of circumstances but my point is that youngsters with relatively little training can decimate a decent amount of clone troops. I'm sure you can see how that's applicable.

Sadako of Girth
Speculation...

I could see that being valid if he was surrounded but weren't they only on 1 side of him when he charged them but after his initial attack?...Granted he did take them by surprise but he still gave a better showing of himself than Jedi masters did and they're the ones who are supposed to have precog abilities.

I just thought that aspect of it was a bit...odd.

To be fair, If Anakin had seen him before that event, he'd probably've been dead.

And the kid was successful 'cause he started hacking and slashing right away. Probably takes longer to get a spell out than to attack with a sabre. To be killed a mere moment later. He only killed like 3.

WO Polaski
I've done military service but not as a front line soldier...

I guess i'm simplifying a more complex set of circumstances but my point is that youngsters with relatively little training can decimate a decent amount of clone troops. I'm sure you can see how that's applicable.

i agree with you to an extent. theres a reason why palpatine sent over 9000 troops to kill around a hundred people... thats essentially 90 clones per jedi that includes padawans and younglings.

Darth Martin
Well depending on the particular Jedi, there tier level, skill set, and there lightsaber combat form, yes, they could decimate Troopers. Especially if were taslking about Kenobi or Luminara who are both Soresu practitioners. Or of course one of the top tier Jedi in Yoda, Mace, and throw in Anakin.

But if it's your average Jedi and there surrounded by blasters there likely not going to block all of them.

For example, Jango Fett has killed many Jedi and he's only one man.

Sadako of Girth
One of the most feared Bounty Hunters in the galaxy, you mean..

Rogue Jedi
Whatever the case, this thread is about possible ways one side can defeat the other, right? Weeeeeeellllllll:

Just saying, Hogwarts at it full might, with every possible weapon being used is far too much for the clones at their full might.

Here's a scenario for you....

The ground/surrounding forest outside Hogwarts is turned into one giant portkey by making portkeys out of rocks, trees, and other objects. Hell, even the doors to hogwarts and the walls are made into portkeys. To gain access to the castle, or to even venture within firing range of the castle, one MUST venture across these portkeys. The apparating wizards apparate away and side apparate away the younger wizards and LOL as one by one the clones and all their vehicles are portkeyed to the middle of the ocean. Blub blub blub. Say hello to Davy Jones.

Suck on that.

Counter?

Also, if we are going by the movies, how will the Clones SEE Hogwarts? How will the star destroyers TARGET it? Cant hit what you cant see. The entire Clone army are basically muggles, and Hogwarts cannot be seen by muggles. So yeah, that literally buries any chance of the Clones bombarding Hogwarts from high orbit.

Hogwarts is protected by magical enchantments and cannot be seen by Muggles. This is a movie fact and can in no way be disputed. Nor can it be disputed that Clone troopers would be resistant to portkeys.

So, in closing, Hogwarts is protected without the wizards lifting a finger.

Sadako of Girth
Laying waste to the whole area, would sort it.
Therefore, in closing, the wizards would have there fingers lifeted for them,along with other body parts, as they are cleared away via a bucket.

Jedi might not be muggles.

Also, by the same token, how are the Wizards gonna get the Clones without the Clones being drawn by knowing where Hogwarts is..?

Your gimpage is illogical.

Rogue Jedi
Laying waste to the whole area, would sort it.
Therefore, in closing, the wizards would have there fingers lifeted for them,along with other body parts, as they are cleared away via a bucket.

Jedi might not be muggles.

Also, by the same token, how are the Wizards gonna get the Clones without the Clones being drawn by knowing where Hogwarts is..?

Your gimpage is illogical. You mean lay waste to the entire planet? Because the clones would have no clue where Hogwarts is. Last time I checked, the clones did not possess a weapon capable of destroying entire worlds.

How are the Jedi gonna get the clones? Dude....

Pay attention, man. And before you dispute this, lookie:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Portkey

Portkey is an object enchanted to bring anyone who touches it to a specific location. Most of the time, a Portkey is an everyday object that would not draw the attention of a Muggle. Travelling by Portkey is said to feel like having a hook "somewhere behind the navel" pulling the traveller to their location.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/index.php?title=Portus&redirect=no

Portus (POR-tus) is the spell used to turn an ordinary object into a Portkey.

Albus Dumbledore used this spell to transport Harry Potter and the Weasley family to Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place after Arthur Weasley was attacked in the Department of Mysteries.

And

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Engorgio

The Engorgement Charm (Engorgio) causes the target to swell in size. It was first mentioned by Hermione in 1992, where she suspected Hagrid's pumpkins had been under magical "influence."

The latter I listed because Dumbledore could Engorgio a large object and make it swell in size, making an even bigger portkey.

Sadako of Girth
Nah just that region'll do..

If they have enough intell to go in in the 1st place then Potter's posse are as screwed as that girl in the original Hitcher was in that 'the trucks' scene.

Rogue Jedi
I dont recall the clones "laying waste to an entire area" in the movies from high orbit, am I wrong?

And who said anything about them having intel?

Just admit that my scenario is a failsafe way for Hogwarts to win. You know it is. I know it is.

Sadako of Girth
Explain why they wouldnt have intell.

Prove that they couldn't likely do it from orbit.

Rogue Jedi
How are they gonna have intel? Muggles have no way of providing the intel, a wizard isn't gonna give them intel, they have no way of gathering intel on their own, that negates intel.

No, YOU explain why the clones would lay waste to an entire region when they never did it in the movies. You made the claim they would, now explain WHY they would when they never did in the movies.

Survey saaaaaaaaaaaaaaays....They wouldnt.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Explain why they wouldnt have intell.

Prove that they couldn't likely do it from orbit.

he has a point there. if they knew the general location where hogwarts is they could just blast is using the star destroyers from orbit.

Rogue Jedi
he has a point there. if they knew the general location where hogwarts is they could just blast is using the star destroyers from orbit. The start destroyers in the PT are never seen doing that. Movies feats only.

Sadako of Girth
Okay flying a star destroyer or two at it, with all guns, bombs and missiles blazing, then colliding with the floor at massive speed should do. smile

Intelligence people have their ways, Anakin has displayed mind reading ability. He likes a bit of torture, too.

Sadako of Girth
he has a point there. if they knew the general location where hogwarts is they could just blast is using the star destroyers from orbit.

Thank you, Jaeh.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
The start destroyers in the PT are never seen doing that. Movies feats only.

ah. well, there is more than one way to destroy a place.

Okay flying a star destroyer or two at it, with all guns, bombs and missiles blazing, then colliding with the floor at massive speed should do. smile

Intelligence people have their ways, Anakin has displayed mind reading ability. He likes a bit of torture, too.

they can do that, too. They could just crash a star destroyer or multiple fighters using droids onto Hogwarts.

also, don't you have to speak most of the spells before they hit you? probably the Force would warn Anakin that something's going to happen, and Anakin hears someone say the spell and immediately kills him/her with the force or slices with the lightsaber. Anakin's kinda bright.

hm, at first i thought the Hogwarts guys would take this hands down, but it seems that the troopers have a good chance too. Anakin's a good tactician, so getting around some of these problems would be easy enough. I mean, they would probably try to find out as much info as they can on a place before they attack it. and if hogwarts never saw it coming... well... 501st might have a chance.

KingD19
Just to put this out there, they would have to know where Hogwarts is for them to actually assault it. You know this Rogue, you're running out of steam so you're just looking for anything you can find, but you're still not winning this debate.

Rogue Jedi
Just to put this out there, they would have to know where Hogwarts is for them to actually assault it. You know this Rogue, you're running out of steam so you're just looking for anything you can find, but you're still not winning this debate.

Dude, the debate has been won. Portkeys protecting Hogwarts and transporting the clones who touch them is full of win. Go ahead and counter this, I dare you. I double dare you.

Muggles cannot see Hogwarts, clones are muggles, Anakin is a muggle. do the math. Saying clones can see Hogwarts is like saying they can wield the force. It aint happening.

And if the dementors are involved, it gets even messier for the clones.

But I am betting Lum comes in here and says no ships and no dementors. Fine.

Portkeys.

Ocean.

Drowning clones.

Wizards win.

In closing:

Dw9yEuwohkk

Rogue Jedi
Thank you, Jaeh. This might hold water if the star destroyers were included in the thread. big grin

Can you dig it? Hmmmmmm?

jaden101
Dude, the debate has been won. Portkeys protecting Hogwarts and transporting the clones who touch them is full of win. Go ahead and counter this, I dare you. I double dare you.

Muggles cannot see Hogwarts, clones are muggles, Anakin is a muggle. do the math. Saying clones can see Hogwarts is like saying they can wield the force. It aint happening.

And if the dementors are involved, it gets even messier for the clones.

But I am betting Lum comes in here and says no ships and no dementors. Fine.

Portkeys.

Ocean.

Drowning clones.

Wizards win.

I

You're effectively trying to make the thread pointless as well as nullifying your own portkey argument.

You claim the Clones can't see and thus can't find Hogwarts...So what's the point of this thread then? To have the wizards at Hogwarts just sit there knowing they can't be found.

And if they can't be found then what are the chances of the troopers actually falling for any of the portkey traps anyway?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>