Sariss and Yun vs. Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Advent
Combatants: Sariss and Yun, two out of the Seven Dark Jedi versus Asajj Ventress in her prime.

Setting: A nightclub in downtown Coruscant.

Rules: N/A.

For those of you who have never dabbled in the Dark Forces saga, Sariss and Yun are two talented Dark Jedi (out of a group of seven, their master being Jerec), Sariss being renowned for her dueling abilities and while Yun is inexperienced, he's still powerful in his own right. I do believe Ventress has a chance if she can kill off Yun, who might be the weaker of the two. Sariss:

"Out of all the Dark Jedi I have met, Sariss is the one I can say... I fear. Powerful, strong in both the physical and mental arenas of the Force, she is a master, a perfectionist, quiet and reserved. This makes her a very dangerous foe." (Qu Rahn, who has been a Jedi since the downfall of the Republic and a pupil of Yoda).

Yun:

"A young and willing Dark Jedi, the newest addition to the cause. Brash and eager, he is ready to prove himself to his master at any cost. These elements make him a dangerous and unpredictable foe." (Qu Rahn).

Check the links for a little more information on them if you don't know anything about them. Now Fight!

No.
This thread brings back memories of one of mine and Advent's epic debates. laughing out loud

Ulic Qel-Droma wins by the way.

Advent
No.

No.
Out of curiosity I know that I voted in the poll twice, who voted the third time?

mattatom
Originally posted by No.
Out of curiosity I know that I voted in the poll twice, who voted the third time?
I did, I've read source material, Ventress will win this.

Advent
Let's consider that Sariss is reputed to be one of the most talented lightsaber duelists of her time, even being ahead of Jerec. In her fight with Katarn (who, while inexperienced, was extremely gifted), she shows that she's capable of detecting even the smallest openings in her opponent's defense. Sariss notes exactly what's wrong with Katarn's defense down to the very positioning of his wrist, and what that allows her to capitalize on. She's very combat savvy.

As she's devoted her entire life to the blade, I don't see someone like Ventress overcoming Sariss easily in saber combat. Sariss' Force sight is also a very destructive ability that Ventress has never seen before, and would need to be dodged by avoiding line of sight. Adding in Yun to the mix, and Ventress has her hands full. She'd kill him if he engaged her with a lightsaber on his own. But with Sariss present, and the fact that his telekinesis powers are shown to be rather powerful (so much so that he was capable of lifting himself with the Force, using Force flight), I would say some elaboration as to why Asajj takes this is needed.

That's not to say she couldn't win, but to give this thread a little kicker...

Nephthys
Deadly sight owns.

Advent
It does, indeed. Personally, I see this fight as a close one. Anyone care to explain why Ventress wins? Perhaps Liquorsnake?

Vorpal Ruin
Are you trying to make Kyle Katarn look better by doing this?

Advent
I'm not one who particularly cares for the non-existent, my dear Vorpal.

I'm not sure what made you say that, and I'm curious, since I certainly didn't get that impression from a thread I made before any recent Katarn threads. Meaning that, if your question was true, I planned this and other threads in advance to "make Kyle look better"; meaning that, contrary to what I said, I do care about fictional characters.

In other words, you can answer your own questions sometimes if you think about them.

WO Polaski
i love the way you talk. laughing out loud

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Advent
while I go back to the work shops to relentless prove Katarn is the single most powerful Force user ever to have existed.

Uh, are you being sarcastic or an ass for some reason or what?

Advent
Take a look at the bigger post,

Originally posted by Advent
Since the age of Katarn is apparently over, let's substitute Caedus in to temporarily take over while I go back to the work shops to relentless prove Katarn is the single most powerful Force user ever to have existed. Currently, my research has shown that his midichlorian count is above even Nebar Foxis and he has the Kaiburr Crystal. Given that he developed most, if not all of the dark side Force powers, and was the original Sith Lord, I'd say Kyle is well on his way back to his rightful position as #1.

Ignoring that inane drivel,

inane, adj.

lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly.

Liquorsnake
Seeing as this one was requested... big grin

To be honest Eminence is probably the guy you want when it comes to topics relating to Asajj Ventress. My talents lie in other areas, most notably all things regarding Darth Bane, and just exactly how much greater and more important and more influential to the Star Wars Universe and more intelligent and plain better he is than characters such as Sidious and General Grievous and Publius and Turr Phenir (WTF?!) and anybody else that Gideon fanatically admires (wait, wouldn't that include me?).

But in short, I know that in lightsaber combat she's performed extremely well against the likes of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi and Kit Fisto and even against multiple enemies. I'm not too familiar with the circumstances or specifics of those encounters and my memory's a little foggy on the details but she always gave me a pretty good impression regarding her skills.

She's pretty leet with the Force as well, coming within moments of crushing the heart of a Jedi Master who's power in the Force was quite literally legendary in Jedi Master Fay, after engaging her in a Force battle (indicating that they would have both been prepared and as such had their defences up).

Dr McBeefington
Nebaris, we know you don't have any real life friends, but after almost 100 bans, I thought you would get the hint on an internet forum as well. Guess not, bye byesmile

Liquorsnake
Sorry was I supposed to include you in the list of people Gideon fanatically admires? laughing out loud

Liquorsnake
Being serious there's definitely something there, but it appears to be of a more sexual nature, not so much admiration.

Red Nemesis
DS, we know you...

blowup

Advent
Originally posted by Liquorsnake
She's pretty leet with the Force as well, coming within moments of crushing the heart of a Jedi Master who's power in the Force was quite literally legendary in Jedi Master Fay, after engaging her in a Force battle (indicating that they would have both been prepared and as such had their defences up).

Asajj attempted to crush Fay's heart, she didn't succeed. Fay's defense was to outright stop her train of thought and knock her unconsciousness, so suggesting she broke through Fay's defense when her actual defense stopped the attack doesn't add up. If that's all she's displayed in the Force, that doesn't bode well for her.

That being said, Fay was actually stabbed from behind with both of Asajj's blades when she wasn't prepared and yet still lived. Ventress had the opportunity and time to perfect her would-be killing blows. The fact that Fay didn't die instantly and that no mortal wound was inflicted on her shows that Ventress' precision is wildly inaccurate. Something that a dedicated, experienced, and consummate duelist such as Sariss could easily capitalize on.

Eminence
I post here latur, because Nebaris appealed to my ego.

Liquorsnake
Oh I see what's happening here. You want you and I to have another one of our epic debates. Yeah, not going to happen in this thread. Eminence will be dealing with you here.

Liquorsnake
Do you think you can take her Em?

Vorpal Ruin
Do you think you can take her Em?

Advent can't lose unless its PIS.

Eminence
Do you think you can take her Em? This time, we will do it together.

but latur

I'm not sure if I'm entirely in Ventress' corner ; while featwise, the two don't really compare, Sariss apparently has access to random hax Force powers.

And Qu Rahn's praise aside, has Yun actually done anything that indicates he'd be in a position to threaten Ventress? With a lightsaber, with the Force... anything?

Advent
Originally posted by Eminence
And Qu Rahn's praise aside, has Yun actually done anything that indicates he'd be in a position to threaten Ventress? With a lightsaber, with the Force... anything?

After he begs for mercy from Kyle, Yun leaves by using Force flight, lifting himself up with telekinesis. Since this requires an larger amount of concentration (Yun's mind was in disarray after yielding to Kyle about everything), the casual ease that he did this with suggests a high proficiency in TK, which can be applied in combat. That's demonstrated by Yun's playful Force push to Kyle that hit him as hard and effective as a sledgehammer to the chest.

Isn't that something?

However, Yun's dueling skills aren't shown to be spectacular at all. He dodges a strike from his own lightsaber when Qu Rahn takes it from him. When he noticed Katarn wasn't a complete noob with a lightsaber, he got scared...followed by getting a minor wound on his upper arm and conceding defeat. Of course, we have to consider a few things then: the opponent he lost to was better than Ventress, Yun would be more confident with his master at his side as that's been his entire goal ever since he starting learning of the dark side. He would be fighting more intensely and focused if we assume he's out to prove his worth.

Yun stands a chance since Ventress isn't as precise as Kyle was (he was a fencer, shown to be as accurate with a saber as with a blaster) and Sariss would protect him because of their relationship and it would be in her best interests. His TK being used in conjunction with Sariss engaging Ventress in a saber duel would be a good tactic, and open up Asajj to making a mistake, even the smallest one, that Sariss could pick up on and take advantage of.

I'm not saying that they would win, only that I'd like to see why Ventress wins since so many people seem to think so.

Eminence
Advent
I'm not saying that they would win, only that I'd like to see why Ventress wins since so many people seem to think so.I don't want to address the rest of the post yet, because most of my rebuttal consisted of asking you to substantiate certain claims - which is silly when I'm not actually making a case yet - so I'll get back to you on everything tomorrow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.