What is Moral Folk Theory?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coberst

inimalist
edit: link didn't work sad

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by coberst
The Folk Theory of General Kinds
Every particular thing is a kind of thing.

Was this discovered by the scientists who proved that objects are harder to see when they're farther away?

Digi
I seriously don't know what to do about this guy's posts. They aren't off topic, per se. But he just spams random clippings from others' work and then never shows in a thread again. It feels like spam to me. I may just appeal to other mods and see what they have to say.

Mindship
It's too bad, because the subjects he brings up are interesting and different from most overdone KMC fare (eg, evolution vs ID). But he doesn't seem to want to discuss or debate; there's apparently another agenda. While I'm tempted to say treat his posts as spam, perhaps just let the KMC members decide. Either we'll respond or we won't, and if we don't maybe he'll either stop posting or start to respond as a live human with real opinions (less likely but one can always hope).

Red Nemesis
What would the alternative to this be? Solipsism?

coberst
Originally posted by Digi
I seriously don't know what to do about this guy's posts. They aren't off topic, per se. But he just spams random clippings from others' work and then never shows in a thread again. It feels like spam to me. I may just appeal to other mods and see what they have to say.

How does one debate graffiti?

Symmetric Chaos
What could motivate you to describe your posts as an attempt to deface the site?

Red Nemesis
Apathy.

Alternatively, a crushing need for attention so urgent that even the petty disdain and minor confusion of those few people affected by your actions feels like a veritable feast of interpersonal interaction; a feast that, despite its open arms and the cloying allure of even middling societal immersion, must be turned away solely on the basis of personal insecurity is no feast at all. It would turn to ashes in your mouth.

Or maybe I'm just projecting.

inimalist
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
What would the alternative to this be?

that cause and effect are not related

Alternatively, a crushing need for attention so urgent that even the petty disdain and minor confusion of those few people affected by your actions feels like a veritable feast of interpersonal interaction; a feast that, despite its open arms and the cloying allure of even middling societal immersion, must be turned away solely on the basis of personal insecurity is no feast at all. It would turn to ashes in your mouth.

sets a new bar for troll bashing...

Digi

laughing out loud

*considers profiling this*

Red Nemesis
eek!

My life is complete!

*wishes could think of further witticisms*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.