Green Lantern vs Dr Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Judah
Who would win in a fight between hal and dr fate. either hector hall or kent nelson?

leonidas
hrm. there is some evidence supporting the fact that the ring CAN handle magic, and lots that suggest it can NOT. this is a toughy. i'd side with a well-written fate in this match.

guy222
Fate

Judah
I was thinkin the same thing. fate has beaten alan scott pretty easiy in the past. Without seeming ot try at all.

Enyalus
Kent Nelson FTW. Every time.

jrodslam
Originally posted by leonidas
hrm. there is some evidence supporting the fact that the ring CAN handle magic, and lots that suggest it can NOT. this is a toughy. i'd side with a well-written fate in this match.

Zee used magic to take the ring off Johns finger. She also once put a spell on Hals ring so that the person who took it from him whould have his command backfired on him.

If she can do that, i wouldnt doubt Fate could do the same.

leonidas
Originally posted by jrodslam
Zee used magic to take the ring off Johns finger. She also once put a spell on Hals ring so that the person who took it from him whould have his command backfired on him.

If she can do that, i wouldnt doubt Fate could do the same.

yeah, that's what i was saying. i remember a demon pretty much thumped hal as well, and he kept complaining about how he hates magic . . .

i also know there are a couple times the ring did just fine against magic, so it's sort of a tough call. fate's a beast (has been depicted as such at times) though, so i'd think he could take it more often than not.

The Pict
Fate ftw

Prep-Man
The ring has taken on mages/magical beings before. Anyone ever heard of Myrwhydden, Empire of Tears, or Nekrom?

But this is Fate we're talking about. Someone who can tap into the life force, if need be. Fate 8/10.

id369
A bit unfair, much of Kent Nelson's feat's took place in the PC era.

BruceSkywalker
poor hal, fate ftw

jasofisc
what can fate do that GL can't????? Fate even a well written fate is not skyfather level (neither is Hal) and can be defeated. people on this forum tend to over rate magic useers on this forum a lot. I read pretty much all of the JSA run from post crisis to infinite crisis and i really didn't see hector do all that much. In fact black adam manhandled him in the JSA grafic novel darkness falls. I see Hal and fate to be pretty much equals.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by jasofisc
what can fate do that GL can't????? Fate even a well written fate is not skyfather level (neither is Hal) and can be defeated. people on this forum tend to over rate magic useers on this forum a lot. I read pretty much all of the JSA run from post crisis to infinite crisis and i really didn't see hector do all that much. In fact black adam manhandled him in the JSA grafic novel darkness falls. I see Hal and fate to be pretty much equals.

The one that got manhandled in JSA was not Kent Nelson. Mages like Strange, Kent, and Arion can summon powerful beings on or even GREATER than Skyfather level beings.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Prep-Man
The one that got manhandled in JSA was not Kent Nelson. Mages like Strange, Kent, and Arion can summon powerful beings on or even GREATER than Skyfather level beings.

thought we were taking about hektor, anyway when has kent summoned a powerful being that was greater then a skyfather. and if were going that rought hal could theorticaly ask the spector for help or the guardains.

jasofisc
i agree strange can summon beings of greater power then skyfather lvl like chaos and order.

jasofisc
BTW as for kent summoning beings greater then skyfather lv i do mean post crisis.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by jasofisc
BTW as for kent summoning beings greater then skyfather lv i do mean post crisis.

I remember Fate summoning a powerful being from his own dimension. But I was referring to calling on the power of Yahweh himself. I don't think you can get anymore powerful than that. Spectre or not.

BTW, Arion has called upon gods once ruled the universe and Agomotto type beings. This is pre-crisis, I believe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.