Magical Free For All

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Dr. Fate (Classic Kent Nelson)
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/331/738369drfatesuper.jpg

vs
Dr. Strange (Classic)
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1317/14008722.png

vs

Dark Schneider
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9962/dstattoos.jpg

vs

The Doctor (can accesses all feats)
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/117/12158066051doctorsuper.jpg

Enyalus
Where's Master Darque? shifty

Prep-Man
what can dark shneider do?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
what can dark shneider do?
Black Sabbath spell. Drops a pocket universe, a black hole, and a million degrees of heat on the opponent.

NemeBro
He is also apparently a multi-galaxy buster.

Enyalus
Originally posted by NemeBro
He is also apparently a multi-galaxy buster.
What do you know, OnePiece boy? uhuh

NemeBro
Not much.

Another forum I am on contains a great many of Dark Schneider fans, my own knowledge is only second-hand.

Digi
I don't know who Schneider is, so I'm mentally eliminating him from my assessment. But if he destroys galaxies, why does he have a sword? Seems dubious.

I've always said (and still maintain) that a Doctor vs. Strange encounter would depend on prep. Nothing the Doctor does couldn't be countered by Strange, but the Doctor operates much more quickly since his "magic" responds directly to his thoughts, without the need for talismans and incantations and such. And whereas Strange is limited to his assortment of spells and trinkets, Doctor is only limited by his imagination, which is quite vast. So sans prep, edge to the Doctor. With prep, edge to Strange. Since Fate and Strange are often painted as equals, I'd be inclined to offer the same opinion concerning Fate. I can't say I'm as familiar with all of Fate's feats as I am with Strange or Doctor, though, so it's not as assertive an opinion.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Digi
I don't know who Schneider is, so I'm mentally eliminating him from my assessment. But if he destroys galaxies, why does he have a sword? Seems dubious.
He's a Bastard!!! manga character (also published in English, so I don't know if that counts as a comic or not).

I've always said (and still maintain) that a Doctor vs. Strange encounter would depend on prep. Nothing the Doctor does couldn't be countered by Strange, but the Doctor operates much more quickly since his "magic" responds directly to his thoughts, without the need for talismans and incantations and such. And whereas Strange is limited to his assortment of spells and trinkets, Doctor is only limited by his imagination, which is quite vast. So sans prep, edge to the Doctor.
Yeah. You said it better than I would. WS fanboys FTW. big grin

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Enyalus
Black Sabbath spell. Drops a pocket universe, a black hole, and a million degrees of heat on the opponent.

sounds pretty nasty.

Prep-Man

I've always said (and still maintain) that a Doctor vs. Strange encounter would depend on prep. Nothing the Doctor does couldn't be countered by Strange, but the Doctor operates much more quickly since his "magic" responds directly to his thoughts, without the need for talismans and incantations and such. And whereas Strange is limited to his assortment of spells and trinkets, Doctor is only limited by his imagination, which is quite vast. So sans prep, edge to the Doctor. With prep, edge to Strange. Since Fate and Strange are often painted as equals, I'd be inclined to offer the same opinion concerning Fate. I can't say I'm as familiar with all of Fate's feats as I am with Strange or Doctor, though, so it's not as assertive an opinion.

Fate's spells come through the mind as well. one issue has him stating that magic is like second nature and all is needed is a quick thought.

Enyalus
Fate's spells come through the mind as well. one issue has him stating that magic is like second nature and all is needed is a quick thought.
Classic Strange had microsecond cast time. smile

Prep-Man
That's great. I'm not as informed about Strange as I am about Fate, but doesn't he need some time to prepare before he goes buck wild?

Enyalus
That's great. I'm not as informed about Strange as I am about Fate, but doesn't he need some time to prepare before he goes buck wild?
Depends who he's taking on, lol.

Put him up against a dimensional threat like, say, Dormammu, and yeah. But he's got a ton of other spells always on hand. Dr. Fate has the edge there, because his helmet holds unlimited spells, right?

Prep-Man
great mages always has tons of spells. even zatanna according to last issue of JLA.

do you see schneider taking on either strange or fate and winning?

one thing strange can do that I haven't seen fate is creating new magic.

Enyalus
do you see schneider taking on either strange or fate and winning?

one thing strange can do that I haven't seen fate is creating new magic.
Yes and no. He's got spells that would **** up or kill Strange or Fate, and is very powerful (Satan's son)...but he's got a history of losing against top magicians, so...prolly not.

I'm with Digi, I like The Doctor's chances.

Prep-Man
is this the bastard anime? he seems so silly.

Enyalus
is this the bastard anime? he seems so silly.
Yeah.

grimify
I've seen most of the Bastard! anime, but never read any of the manga. Unless he's vastly more powerful in the manga, he's way out of his league here.

Between the other three it could, honestly, go any way.

id369

Charmander
Originally posted by id369
Dark Schneider
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9962/dstattoos.jpg

lolwut

Ryo 666
Doctor wins, not even going to pay attention to the manga character.

Naija boy
Going with strange. Oblivion spell FTW

complexbrother

I am inclined to agree with this assessment .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.