Apollo and Engineer vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
poccy crosses the bleed and wants to integrate the carriers tech into his own. apollo and the engineer get wind of the plan and head out to meet him. they fight on an abandoned planetoid. together can they stop him?

Scoobless
Meh ... sure, why not.

no expression

stick out tongue

leonidas
Originally posted by Scoobless
Meh ... sure, why not.

no expression

stick out tongue

and you see folks, it's that kind of wisdom and insight that led to me partner up with scoob in the first place. no expression

ahhhh, i've missed you man . . . love

TricksterPriest
At one time, this might have been a stomp. But Apoc has finally stopped jobbing. He just curbstomped Stryfe.

I'm undecided.

leonidas
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
At one time, this might have been a stomp. But Apoc has finally stopped jobbing. He just curbstomped Stryfe.

I'm undecided.

i keep hearing he may have finally reached a level everyone wanted him to reach. this is of course using current apoc . . .

Xplosive
Apocalypse

The Pict
I don't think Apocalypse has much chance of winning.

Kris Blaze
I wonder if Apoc can wrest control over Engineer.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by leonidas
i keep hearing he may have finally reached a level everyone wanted him to reach. this is of course using current apoc . . .

Not everyone. I enjoy laughing at Apoc.

Kris Blaze

To be honest, his fight with Stryfe was super-awesome, but it makes little difference to me as far as power-level goes. He's always been low-mid herald ish, and that showing just confirms it. Apocalypse's jobbing is exagerrated. The times he loses it's because he has for some reason, purposely depowered himself.

leonidas
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I wonder if Apoc can wrest control over Engineer.

i was wondering that. it would depend on what kind of technopathic feats he has i guess.

illadelph12
I think Apocalypse can beat them. He could likely draw Apollo's powers out of him to empower himself (like he did Cyclops) while mentally assaulting Angie, then duke it out with her and possibly generate a localized EMP to weaken her (morphing his arm into a device which can generate one), or possibly by outright infecting her with his own techno-organic blood/virus which may be able to override her nanites. I think Apoc is durable enough to tank most of what they'd dish out personally. It wouldn't be a walk in the park, but I think Apoc could win in a somewhat protracted battle.

leonidas
i wonder what digi thinks . . . umm

Digi
i wonder what digi thinks . . . umm

I'm actually in rough concurrence with delph. I don't think it's a 10/10 either way, but I'm inclined to give Poccy the edge based solely on his versatility. Apollo might be able to speedblitz his ass for a cheap win. If he keeps the pressure up constantly, it's entirely possible that Apollo does this alone. If there's time for Apoc. to start a counter-attack, not as much.

But no, I'm not given him the technopathic edge. There's no precedent from Angie that suggests it would be easy or could be done at all, and she has wrested control of herself against a couple outside influences.

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
I'm actually in rough concurrence with delph. I don't think it's a 10/10 either way, but I'm inclined to give Poccy the edge based solely on his versatility. Apollo might be able to speedblitz his ass for a cheap win. If he keeps the pressure up constantly, it's entirely possible that Apollo does this alone. If there's time for Apoc. to start a counter-attack, not as much.

But no, I'm not given him the technopathic edge. There's no precedent from Angie that suggests it would be easy or could be done at all, and she has wrested control of herself against a couple outside influences.

thumb up

Scoobless
Originally posted by illadelph12
I think Apoc is durable enough to tank most of what they'd dish out personally. It wouldn't be a walk in the park, but I think Apoc could win in a somewhat protracted battle.

Yeah, well .... what if they get one of these bad boys?

HUH???!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!???

shifty

The Pict

shifty

Oh yeah! The Ultimate (Apocalypse) Nullifier! Didn't even think of that. Poccy is screwed.

leonidas

shifty

way to make an entrance partner! heh

SevenShackles
i think apollo would burn out before he could take apocalypse out. it could go either way but id have to side with apocalypse.

Digi
Originally posted by SevenShackles
i think apollo would burn out before he could take apocalypse out. it could go either way but id have to side with apocalypse.

I should really make a mythbusters entry about this. He only burns out when he doesn't have access to the sun. Indoors, nighttime, special circumstances, etc. But even if we presume that he isn't in the sun, a forum-written (?) Apollo could easily take the fight to space (as could Angie) which would remove the problem entirely.

psycho gundam
depends on the makeup of the standard kmc battledome

TricksterPriest
And what's stopping Poccy from draining Apollo's power off, like he's done to Cyke and several others? Or temporal BFR? He does have time travel capabilities.

SevenShackles
I should really make a mythbusters entry about this. He only burns out when he doesn't have access to the sun. Indoors, nighttime, special circumstances, etc. But even if we presume that he isn't in the sun, a forum-written (?) Apollo could easily take the fight to space (as could Angie) which would remove the problem entirely.

ah i see. i dont like apoc anyway lol. you have successfully changed my mind. rolling on floor laughing

Digi
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
And what's stopping Poccy from draining Apollo's power off, like he's done to Cyke and several others? Or temporal BFR? He does have time travel capabilities.

See, this is more reasonable. Which is why I said this:

Apollo might be able to speedblitz his ass for a cheap win. If he keeps the pressure up constantly, it's entirely possible that Apollo does this alone. If there's time for Apoc. to start a counter-attack, not as much.

I still have the big-lipped one ftw here. But it's a damn good fight, not 10/10 either way, especially given Angie's intelligence and ability to adapt on the fly. Angie can build time travel machines too, btw.

wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.