KMC & Real Life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
i've heard it said (and have said it myself a few times) that many people on the forum have become "friends" with other forum members.

i'm curious--how many have actually MET someone from the forum? could be at a convention, or maybe you find out you're in the same city or near the same location. how many have added someone from KMC to their facebook friends?

how many people have become "real life" friends thanks to KMC?

Ryo 666
Well I haven't befriended anyone properly on the Internet period. Obviously never met any either.

Badabing
Originally posted by leonidas
i've heard it said (and have said it myself a few times) that many people on the forum have become "friends" with other forum members.

i'm curious--how many have actually MET someone from the forum? could be at a convention, or maybe you find out you're in the same city or near the same location. how many have added someone from KMC to their facebook friends?

how many people have become "real life" friends thanks to KMC? KMC is where I can talk about nerdy things like comics, Star Trek. etc. w/o being outed in RL.
haermm

I've added people from KMC to my Facebook friends. Never met anyone from KMC outside the forums, Facebook or messenger.

If there was a convention, I'd consider going just to "discuss" some of the posters' opinions.

g-asskick

stick out tongue

Ryo 666
Well aren't you a peach lol.

Trackz
Originally posted by Badabing
KMC is where I can talk about nerdy things like comics, Star Trek. etc. w/o being outed in RL.
haermm

I've added people from KMC to my Facebook friends. Never met anyone from KMC outside the forums, Facebook or messenger.

If there was a convention, I'd consider going just to "discuss" some of the posters' opinions.

g-asskick

stick out tongue hahahah i can imagine thats exactly how a KMC convention would turn out.

Badabing
Originally posted by Ryo 666
Well aren't you a peach lol. laughing out loud
Originally posted by Trackz
hahahah i can imagine thats exactly how a KMC convention would turn out. I could see Trick, Quan, Phantom Zone, Starscream and a few others going ballistic. lol

Ryo 666
What about that carver guy? He seems a little nuts.

willRules
Steverules_2 is on these forums because I was already friends with him and recommended the forums. Other than that I haven't met anyone but I have talked to KMCers on other forums and one or two over msn messenger yes

But now the only forum I use is KMC smile

steverules_2
I'm sorry but....who are you?

stick out tongue

willRules
laughing

You son of a gun. no expression

steverules_2
Originally posted by willRules
laughing

You son of a gun. no expression

Oh you.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know you don't mean it wink

Trackz
have wolverine fans get starstruck when they see jinzin haha

Phantom Zone
LOL id start a fight. "Jinzin you just step on my foot?" laughing

Serioulsy I actually get on with him sometimes and I think we could possibly be friends.

Kris Blaze
KMC was a life-saver during boring classes at school.

I've never actually met any members here though.

guy222
My fiancee' is on KMC happy

Phantom Zone
edit. LOL

Ryo 666
Originally posted by guy222
My fiancee' is on KMC happy Hulk?

Symmetric Chaos
Never met anyone from KMC in RL. Then again I have no idea what anyone looks like.

Ryo 666
Big Bang Theory might give you an idea.

Symmetric Chaos
Never seen it. Are they rippling with muscles and covered in oil?

Ryo 666
Sadly no.

The show is very good for comic fans. Love the references to current storylines and Sheldon being anal about the order of things etc.

You should try watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxJBbE2g7eI

willRules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Never met anyone from KMC in RL. Then again I have no idea what anyone looks like.

But I know what you look like. In fact I've met you several times and you've not even realised..............

......I'm watching you Sym............. smokin'

(That last line should be read aloud in a creepy high pitched girlish voice)

Symmetric Chaos
But I know what you look like. In fact I've met you several times and you've not even realised..............

I never should have used my real name as a handle!

leonidas

everyone is watching sym. big grin

or were when he actually used to post . . .

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by leonidas

how many people have become "real life" friends thanks to KMC? I'm sure some people in the OTF have, because of the BG/GF stuff. But here I've talked to Colossus on the phone and Paola on the phone, and I Paola on facebook. We haven't met, because she lives in Mexico, but we might one day. smile Never know.

I do have a real life friend registered here, but he doesn't post here anymore.

The Pict
I have sent a postcard to someone I met on here, who lives in the US. Got a St Patrick's Day card in return.

leonidas
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I'm sure some people in the OTF have, because of the BG/GF stuff. But here I've talked to Colossus on the phone and Paola on the phone, and I Paola on facebook. We haven't met, because she lives in Mexico, but we might one day. smile Never know.

I do have a real life friend registered here, but he doesn't post here anymore.

that's kinda cool . . . next time you talk to her tell her i said hey. big grin

Digi
When I go to Britain, I'm gonna visit Scoob and have a pint with him. I doubt he knows this, though.

Otherwise, yeah, never met any of you bastards. Though on a much older, no-defunct discussion forum I met a girl that I ended up dating for years. Closest to this sort of thing I'll probably ever be.

Ryo 666
laughing out loud

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi
When I go to Britain, I'm gonna visit Scoob and have a pint with him. I doubt he knows this, though.

Otherwise, yeah, never met any of you bastards. Though on a much older, no-defunct discussion forum I met a girl that I ended up dating for years. Closest to this sort of thing I'll probably ever be.

I assume "this sort of thing" means female contact? haw-som

leonidas

i said the same thing to him! that scoob, so damn loveable . . .

delph invited me to his wedding one day (and i'm still holding you to that delph! big grin ) and GS once told me when i ever found myself in his neck of the woods to let him know.

who knows, maybe one day . . .

Doctor-Alvis

Those were the best years of my life.

leonidas
umm

batdude123
I met Val in real life once.

Kicked the shit out of him.

leonidas
you too?! eek!

Al the Killer
Originally posted by batdude123
I met Val in real life once.

Kicked the shit out of him.
Sucker punched me when my back was turned. Shit doesn't count.

leonidas
Originally posted by Al the Killer
Sucker punched me when my back was turned. Shit doesn't count.

laughing

i swear--i'd pay . . . at LEAST, well, okay, i wouldn't REALLY pay anything, but still--i'd love to see you and bats go at it in real life somewhere.

priceless.

ps--you gotta play on team dc, val. seriously. we'll both let bats think he's captain, then just do whatever the hell we want. just don't let bats know. you know how fragile he is.

Newjak
Let's see I have added people to my IM Buddy list.

I've added a couple of people to facebook (which if certain people want to I'd be more than happy to add them on facebook as my friend, just PM me)

But I have never met any of you guys face to face and that's the way I want to keep it uhuh

Except for batdude, and maybe Val, or Digi, or Leo, possibly Bada, and Raoul. And there maybe some others I'm not sure yet stick out tongue

As for going to a KMC convention I would so do that.

Badabing
Originally posted by Newjak
Let's see I have added people to my IM Buddy list.

I've added a couple of people to facebook (which if certain people want to I'd be more than happy to add them on facebook as my friend, just PM me)

But I have never met any of you guys face to face and that's the way I want to keep it uhuh

Except for batdude, and maybe Val, or Digi, or Leo, possibly Bada, and Raoul. And there maybe some others I'm not sure yet stick out tongue

As for going to a KMC convention I would so do that. You blocked me on messenger and never added me to Facebook! sneer

stick out tongue

leonidas
You blocked me on messenger and never added me to Facebook! sneer

stick out tongue

he DID only say PROBABLY. big grin

Newjak
You blocked me on messenger and never added me to Facebook! sneer

stick out tongue

Read Leo's post biscuits

guysangel
I have met Guy222 happy

Original Smurph
If by met, you mean viewed from afar through binoculars, then I've met a few of you.

I'd tell you to close your blinds more often, but who'd want to ruin this relationship that we have going?

smile

leonidas
freak. no expression

Raoul
I;ve never physically met anyone from kmc, though i have picked up a couple of phone numbers over the years, and talked to people outside of the forum (IM's and such).

There are a few people i'd want to meet, and a few i wouldn't, but a convention? yes please...

Newjak
Originally posted by Raoul
I;ve never physically met anyone from kmc, though i have picked up a couple of phone numbers over the years, and talked to people outside of the forum (IM's and such).

There are a few people i'd want to meet, and a few i wouldn't, but a convention? yes please... I would say it should be up to the Mods to organize a convention

So get to it biscuits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.