The Archer Enterprise Vs Kirk Enterprise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GGS
Howcome the prequel series enterprise ends up being more advanced than Kirks enterprise lulz.

dadudemon
Originally posted by GGS
Howcome the prequel series enterprise ends up being more advanced than Kirks enterprise lulz. laughing

Because we didn't know what we know now...and it's retarded that humans aren't just connected via a neural interface to a robot that acts as them.

Better than that, it's retarded that humans even exist that far into the future because the singularity would have already occured. laughing

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by GGS
Howcome the prequel series enterprise ends up being more advanced than Kirks enterprise lulz.

It's not.

GGS
It pulled of some impressive feats in the tv show during the xindi wars that made it seem more advanced.

Kinneary
Like?

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
...and it's retarded that humans aren't just connected via a neural interface to a robot that acts as them. This is one of the reasons I fell "out of belief" with Trek. There was a time it seemed to me like a real vision of the future. But as my minuscule sophistication regarding technology, starflight, etc, get less minuscule, I started thinking that by the time we are able to achieve even our first manned interstellar trip (let alone routine FTL starflight), tech in other areas (nano, medical, AI, etc) will have become so advanced that humans will barely be recognizable as such.

Carl Sagan (RIP) put it nicely when he said that by the time we are actually able to build starships, they will be like nothing we are currently imagining. I think the same could be said for those astronauts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.