Shaman Nate vs Growing Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
kinda liked this premise and served to give a nice gauge. the rules are simple--nate starts off against a SINGLE opponent, but 4 others wait in the wings to port in one at a time the instant the others are in trouble.

here we have shaman nate starting off against extremis ironman.

the instant IM is in trouble the others waiting to come in are:

1. current nova
2. magneto
3. ronan
4. adam warlock (current)

remember, each only comes in if the others before him NEED the help. if nova+IM can take him, mags never comes in. if nova+IM+mags can take him, no ronan, etc . . .

what combo is needed to take out the shaman version

id369
Personally I am uncertain.

The current Nova Prime could be tapping more into the Nova Force then before. If not, then both Nova and Ironman would run into trouble before Magneto comes in.

Nate would simply be overwhelmed by this point.

leonidas
so assuming its annihilation nova (forget tapping more of the force, just standard power levels) you think nova, IM and mags combined could take out the shaman?

Prep-Man
The team combined could certainly put a hurting on nate. Magneto and Adam could possibly do it on their own.

leonidas
what is shaman nate's best feat? he was capable of planetary levels of destruction, correct?

id369

leonidas
really? i'd have thought shaman level nate could crush mags . . .

id369

Mshinu
Mags, Nova and Iron Man should overwhelm Nate. Asuming the rules of the game does not allow for IM to be crushed and Nova to be seriously hurt before Magneto enters the fray.

Digi
"Planetary destruction was implied"

That's why I've always disliked the Nate hype. Cool character, but all potential with no actuality when it came to high-end feats. If we based fights on potential power, anyone with a mutant ability would be high herald.

leonidas
for some reason, i thought the shaman version of nate had done more, had more feats. i'm a little diappointed in the shaman. erm

batdude123
Originally posted by Digi
"Planetary destruction was implied"

That's why I've always disliked the Nate hype. Cool character, but all potential with no actuality when it came to high-end feats. If we based fights on potential power, anyone with a mutant ability would be high herald.

If we go by actual on-panel feats, Magneto is more impressive than Shaman Nate.

Lord Feron
IMO Nate would make it till everyone in the thread has to engage him and he might win. Nate should not have any trouble with IM, Nova and mags might cause him more effort but I don't think that they will be able to beat him. Put in Ronan... I don't think that would do that much but after putting Adam in there. It could spell trouble for nate but maybe not.

Digi
Originally posted by batdude123
If we go by actual on-panel feats, Magneto is more impressive than Shaman Nate.

Originally posted by leonidas
for some reason, i thought the shaman version of nate had done more, had more feats. i'm a little diappointed in the shaman. erm

...exactly. Again, great character from a story standpoint. But not for vs. stuff, especially with the needless hype he gets.

id369

id369
...exactly. Again, great character from a story standpoint. But not for vs. stuff, especially with the needless hype he gets.

No one really hypes him to High Herald. Only question if said character can survive, a barrage of TK/TP/Psi attack.

Wild Shadow
nate can take them all out relatively easy the real problem come when its warlock up to bat, depending on his mental defenses and his own TK/magic use. no matter how you switch things around it will always end up being nate and adam being the last one standing while everyone else gets taken out in the first few seconds.

i probably give it to warlock due to magic use.

leonidas
warlock sort of uses pseudo-magic from what i've seen, so it really hard to tell how effective that would be.

and id--why couldn't he simply time freeze them all ftw? i would think his shields would last long enough for him to try some of his more exotic powers. based on some of the feats you listed, it seems he would handle mags pretty easily.

Wild Shadow
yeah, i forgot about the high end time manipulation that nate can accomplish what do the askani call it? "stepping in between the moment"

batdude123
warlock sort of uses pseudo-magic from what i've seen, so it really hard to tell how effective that would be.

and id--why couldn't he simply time freeze them all ftw? i would think his shields would last long enough for him to try some of his more exotic powers. based on some of the feats you listed, it seems he would handle mags pretty easily.

Magneto would sound god-like too if I listed out everything he can do/all his feats.

leonidas
Originally posted by batdude123
Magneto would sound god-like too if I listed out everything he can do/all his feats.

maybe, but i know mags very well and would know better. captain. wink the time-stop thing from nate seems to be one of those powers that is very difficult to counter . . .

id369

Well hate to give you a cop out awnser but PIS really.

He has bin able to mind swipe his opponenets since AoA era. Many of his fights should have ended with mind swipe. Nate ralied heavily on his TP, before he resorted to TK and exotic psy.

nicamarvin

leonidas

nicamarvin
Not all of them, but its for lack of experience and his youth and he is a good guy...just how alot of people think if superman went all aout he could and is able take way more powerful guys..If nate was an evil guy and with alot of experience Not many people could mess with him...but in this case he makes it to warlock

Digi
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Not all of them, but its for lack of experience and his youth and he is a good guy...just how alot of people think if superman went all aout he could and is able take way more powerful guys..If nate was an evil guy and with alot of experience Not many people could mess with him...but in this case he makes it to warlock

A lot of your posts concerning Nate are qualified with things like "if he had better control of his powers" or "if he had more experience." I hope you realize that you can't assume massive power increases that haven't been shown.

nicamarvin
A lot of your posts concerning Nate are qualified with things like "if he had better control of his powers" or "if he had more experience." I hope you realize that you can't assume massive power increases that haven't been shown. I do realize that..its just wishfull thinking, but given that niether supes, magneto, profesor x or anyother 17 year old super hero or bad guy was at his top at 17....

Digi
Originally posted by nicamarvin
I do realize that..its just wishfull thinking, but given that niether supes, magneto, profesor x or anyother 17 year old super hero or bad guy was at his top at 17....

They also didn't die, and went on to have lucrative careers. But this again is implying power that hasn't been shown. Age has nothing to do with power, and we can't even assume that experience would make him appreciably more powerful. It's speculation and guesswork.

leonidas
They also didn't die, and went on to have lucrative careers. But this again is implying power that hasn't been shown. Age has nothing to do with power, and we can't even assume that experience would make him appreciably more powerful. It's speculation and guesswork.

yeah, i'm seeing that too. i actually thought this version of nate had more on-panel feats to support some of the speculation. erm

and on that note--why is shaman nate considered a different version of nate? i've read SOME of the late x-man series, but not all of it. who is shaman nate and what happened to him? (is that when nate died?)

id369
His power or potential was real. To what extant can be up for debate, but its more then what an Elder Beast could handle.

id369

id369
With my sig, I now feel complete.peaches

nicamarvin
Age has nothing to do with power, and we can't even assume that experience would make him appreciably more powerful. It's speculation and guesswork. ..yes mostly but keep in mind that a very skill man that has train and work his mind and body to its limits and is at his peak will acomplish far more things than a growing teen.....

leonidas

id369
thanks. i'll check it out. smile No problem.

Most of X-Man was kind of lame. He started out interesting as one of the few AoA mutants, displaced and lost in 616 verse. Then I suppose they lost direction marvel should have with X-Man. He played a big part in Onslaught arc (which went from star quality to utter lameness), and the utter trash that is Apocalypse the 12. But not much in through out and inbetween.

Up until the Shaman era. I feel the writers have given the character a proper purpose. Much to many disappointment, I enjoyed the Shaman era.

I recommend you read through it.

starlock
I think Nate gets far...Warlock will have to be called in...and i am not sure that will be enough.....but i stopped keeping up on warlock after about 7 issues of GOTG.

I loved Nate Grey from start to finish,Shaman Nate was really interesting and it was a shame it was cancelled because"he was to confusing to the readers"...more lame Joe Quesada decisions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.