Batman Vs. Psylocke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Battle takes place in Gotham.

No offensive telekinesis, but Psylocke can use her psi blades/katana and aide her jumping/overall agility telekinetically. No telepathy either.

No prep and standard gear for Batman.

Discuss.

Kris Blaze
Psylocke.

She was beating the shit out of Sabretooth D:

Mshinu
Psylocke. She could handle Rogue h2h easily.

Lord Feron
Psylocke 8/10

Stoic
Psylocke would have him punching himself.

Juk3n
Does this mean all the above posters regard Psylocke as being a top tier Martial Artist?

With these stipulations, what puts her above say...Deathstroke?

leonidas
Originally posted by Stoic
Psylocke would have him punching himself.

no offensive tp.

he's more skilled overall, imo, but with her tp aiding her physically, i could still see her taking the majority, maybe 6/10.

Wild Shadow
i gotta go with the crowd and say psylocke 6/10

Madvillain
Psylocke 7/10

Charmander
Batman easily.

occultdestroyer
Psylocke is nothing but a walk in the park for The Batman.

Without the TP advantage, I don't expect her winning against someone of The Batman's caliber.

grimify
Without offensive TK, Bruce wins in a stomp.

The Batman hate around here is funny. smile

Konton
Psylocke.
It's been stated that with tk amping she moves at the speed of thought. She completely embarrassed Rogue who was at Ms. Marvel levels and had Quicksilver's speed. Batman is far from meta-human. She one shots him.

illadelph12
To clarify, when I stated no offensive telekinesis, I meant Psylocke can't simply grab Batman telekinetically and slam him into a wall or something along those lines. She can, however, use her telekinesis to augment her own speed, jumping, agility, accuracy, etc. She just can't directly apply it on Batman. She also still has her shadow powers.

Konton
Wow. Throw Crimson Dawn in there and it's spite.

Wild Shadow
look if you have to handicap a character that much then you know bats is out of his league. so why even make the thread?

illadelph12
Curiosity on how people see a fight between Psylocke and Batman transpiring.

Also the fact that Batman has done fairly well vs metas and is considered by many the archetypal street level combatant and among the most proficient in martial arts, so I limited Psylocke to melee applications of her abilities and gave Batman the homefield advantage.

Chopsum
Originally posted by illadelph12
To clarify, when I stated no offensive telekinesis, I meant Psylocke can't simply grab Batman telekinetically and slam him into a wall or something along those lines. She can, however, use her telekinesis to augment her own speed, jumping, agility, accuracy, etc. She just can't directly apply it on Batman. She also still has her shadow powers.

Yeah Batman has been beaten by Slade, I would imagine this would be no different.

No powers offensively I would say Batman loses still. No powers well then there is the discussion.

shiv
Batman charges his suit.

Psylocke wakes up next week in Arkham

PRAYERRUN
With batman having no prep time, you don't even give him much of a chance.

illadelph12
Forum rules are that they start out .5 km from eachother, and they're in Gotham. Since when can't Bruce think and react on his feet? On his home turf, no less.

PRAYERRUN
yeah but you gave Psylocke every physical overpower in every area! In this case, you don't need the power to knock people through walls with your mind.

shiv
Without TP Batman is invisible to Psylocke.

Konton
You know Psylocke can also use TK to render herself invisible to the naked eye. She can also amp her strength and durability. She doesn't need to use offensive power to wreck Batman.

The only way he would ever beat her is if it was pure hand to hand, no powers, his turf. Or with prep.

PRAYERRUN
true. I mean yeah Batman probably has had training to fight ' invisible ' enemies, but I've never seen anything that confirms it.

shiv
Konton

You do know Batman does not see with the naked eye.

he sees in infra red visible light night vision x-ray etc You're thinking about Adam West, he's the one who relied on the naked eye and tofu reppellant

And Prayerrun

Batman is a stealth fighter He's demonstrated this by penetrating the white house to intimidate Luthor And by Boobytrapping Darkseid's planet Apokolips right under his nose.

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by shiv
Konton

You do know Batman does not see with the naked eye.

he sees in infra red visible light night vision x-ray etc You're thinking about Adam West, he's the one who relied on the naked eye

And Prayerrun

Batman is a stealth fighter He's demonstrated this by penetrating the white house to intimidate Luthor And by Boobytrapping Darkseid's planet under his nose.
oh ok so he HAS demonstrated it. my bad!! in that case, I say Batman 5/10.

TricksterPriest
Betsy would have no chance without her powers. Batman is better in skill, agility, and stealth. With her shadow powers and TK amps plus psy-weapons, she probably takes a decent majority. I think the shadow powers swing it more than anything else.

PRAYERRUN
Let me put it this way....in this world, Batman win in any fight.

Konton
How the hell is Batman going to do ANYTHING to Psylocke? She can take blows from (at the very least) 70 tonners. She has faster hand speed then Quicksilver. She can even fly if she so chose to do it. Batman is outclassed in ever way imaginable save for intelligence (And even that wouldn't matter if she had access to her telepathy). And he wouldn't even stomp if she didn't have powers (i'd say he'd take a 7/10 at the most).

PRAYERRUN
lol and yet he still wins a fight against Superman because of a green rock.

illadelph12
Strange world.

bats2jm
Originally posted by Konton
How the hell is Batman going to do ANYTHING to Psylocke? She can take blows from (at the very least) 70 tonners. She has faster hand speed then Quicksilver. She can even fly if she so chose to do it. Batman is outclassed in ever way imaginable save for intelligence (And even that wouldn't matter if she had access to her telepathy). And he wouldn't even stomp if she didn't have powers (i'd say he'd take a 7/10 at the most).
Kinda have to agree with. Bad match up to begin with.

PRAYERRUN
I love Batman to death. I'll go ahead and say that he's my favorite DC character(along with his villains). But he does loose fights. In this fight, he's given no prep. He probably will survive this, but Psylocke knocks him out and sends him to Charlie to help him with his whole obsession with bats.

Konton
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
lol and yet he still wins a fight against Superman because of a green rock.

Unfortunately for Batman, Psylocke isn't crippled by solid aggregates of minerals.

PRAYERRUN
Thank God for that too.

shiv
Unfortunately Psylocke still has to breathe air and perspire like the rest of us lowly flatscans

Psylocke gags on gas. 10/10

PRAYERRUN
lol ok that's true.

Konton
Unless of course she is shielding via tk. It's technically "defensive."

shiv
I take it you skipped past the opening post where its stated psylockes tk is not to be used for flight forcefields and stuff like that.

Konton
The original poster said nothing of the sort. He said no offensive TK. He made it clear that she can amp. And what is tk amping other than encasing your body in psionic energy and using your mind to move, protect, and strengthen?

shiv
Originally posted by illadelph12
Battle takes place in Gotham.

No offensive telekinesis, but Psylocke can use her psi blades/katana and aide her jumping/overall agility telekinetically. No telepathy either.

No prep and standard gear for Batman.

Discuss.

@ konton: Read and weep^

Konton
@ konton: Read and weep^

Ditto.

She can't TK blast/grab inanimate objects or Batman is what he means. She can amp and shield. There was nothing stated to say that she can't.

shiv
and she can't use forcefields either

gassattack smile

Konton
and she can't use forcefields either

gassattack smile

You don't have any authority on the matter to say what she can and can't do in someone else's scenario. Force fields aren't mentioned. BTW, I'm not talking big spherical ones, I'm talking body fitting ones. It's how she doesn't break her fists when beating up on physically superior opponents.

shiv
Koto my brain cell count is deteriorating rapidly.

Threadstarter restricted Betsy's TK to kinetic amping and psi blades. Please respect the rules as they were laid out

Not sure if I have the willpower to deal with your reinterpretation of the fight settings

I'll take a raincheck.

Enyalus
Oh snap, you did not just talk to my man like that.

Tuhs pu.

Spire
Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.