USH'S STAR WARS GAME- New Episodes starting 2009

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Hello!

Apologies for the not-quite-as-smooth-as-I-would-have-liked current state of the Star Wars game. Aisde from the obvious imbaalnce of game playing times, the other issue is that off-line production for material has been slower than planned, due to competition from other games.

Still, with the second of the three games coming to its conclusion, and the other... well, it's progresisng as fast as it can, and it is over halfway through, and we'll try our best to wrap it up as soon as is practical... it;s time to lom ahead to where we care going. I am reasonably- though not absolutely- confident that we'll get enough material together ot keep things moving forward come the time.

Incidentally, the new games will form a time avdancement in the PT plot, as we get ever closer to the beginning of the Clone Wars. The new games take place almost exactly halfway between The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, as you players grow older, wiser and more beardy.

Both Light and Dark Side have been busy in their downtime. The Dark Siders have been scrambling for new transponders for their ships, for news of the possibly-alive Kuylen, and for anyhting they can get on the mythical Syphar n Kalar, the supposed ancient weapon of the ancient Sith that... no-one is entirely sure about what (or who) it was and what it did and why they never used it again, even if it did exist which seems doubtful.

For the Light Siders, Jedi and Renegade have come together again in a joint operation to destroy a pirate clan. Their year has been spent carefully infiltrating, charting the progress off ahd plotting the (legal) destruction of the entire pirate striking force in one go. The Renegades made good allies for the Jedi in such an operation, able to impersonate scoundrels rather well. As the next story begins, the final sting in the operation is about to begin.

---

The Planet Beyond

When a major Jedi operation is nearly ruined by an unexpected intervention, the Council orders a team to act to stop this happening again. The only problem is that the Jedi have no idea who or where their opponents are. Indeed, no-one at all does.

Except... Just one lead has been provided for them, though the lead is so tenuous and risky that the Council is split on its use. That lead brings the Jedi out beyond the reaches of the Republic, to a world where it seems no Jedi has set foot on before.

Far from home, without the resources of the Republic or their normal authority behind them, the Jedi must bring their survival skills to the foremost as they struggle to discover the secret the Council needs.

This story sees the Jedi and Renegades united again. And when the Jedi see that the world they have come to was once a civilised planet many ages ago, it seems the call to the past that once haunted the Light Side in the first campaign has come calling again.

---

The Prisoner of Datura

Is it true? Is Kuylen really alive?

The transmission the Dark Siders intercepted tells them that Kuylen is a prisoner in the Treganna Void, home to an empire of pirates and buccaneers, ruled by terror, violence and slavery. Galder feels the pull of destiny beckoning him to his old Master... but is he thinking clearly? Perhaps the others want access to him just for the genetic sample they need from Kuylen to unlock their best clue on the Syphar n Kalar.

The problem is, Kuylen is being allegedly held on the prison planet Datura. This is a prison with no guards, and no walls. Yet no-one has ever escaped this prison, and everyone sent there has died. And there is no way in for outsiders.

Still, the annoucement of Kuylen's survival has drawn attention from other sources as well, ans soon the Dark Siders have other encouragements to act, and even a means. But can they really go through with what is needed? Can they live without their lightsabres? And can they survive in an environment as harsh and vile as anything ever seen on the Dark Side so far...

Captain REX
No lightsabers? Holy hell. As long as Galder gets to keep his arm-blaster and his knife-hand, he might be okay with that. But, in the mean time, YES. Can't wait!

Peach
I still very much am grrrr about no lightsabers. As that's what Rianna's best at. At least this appears to be something where sneaking around will be very useful...

Also, I want to play.

Bardock42
Can't wait.

And of course Con can live without his sabre, he is a man of considerable talents after all.

Captain REX
Yeah, I'm guessing the Adventurer types will actually be doing pretty well for themselves in the next game, for both sides.

Peach
While us violent nutjobs are...well, a fair bit more useless than usual.

General Zink
Then again, it is a prison world from the sound of it. It just might end up that Datura is something like the prison universe from the end of Jet Li's The One, where he fights all the other prisoners. Except instead of Jet Li, it's the Psycho Brigade.

Bardock42
I notice only Darksiders are super excited.

Must be the long wait we had.

Spidervlad
Well, we didn't have any authority as Jedi after I was sent 'on vacation' by Windu to take care of the pirate clan, so that won't be much a difference...

Brit
Looks to make an interesting outing for Jelena and the Jedi! Perhaps her specialty in Languages will become useful.

And the Alurans at least want your help, Vlad. Sounds like we're going somewhere that the Jedi aren't even liked.

Jedireaper
Interesting, Denz will be there for these events I assume. I'm looking forward to that...

Peach
Originally posted by Bardock42
I notice only Darksiders are super excited.

Must be the long wait we had.

We always tend to be the more excitable ones, though stick out tongue

General Kaliero
This is because our games are inevitably more fun. happy

Peach
And I think we tend to get more into it stick out tongue

General Kaliero
And they're far more awesome. stick out tongue

If you're not cursing Ush at least three times during a single game, he's not doing it right.

Peach
Only three times a game? Is that like...the lowest possible estimate? stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Well yes, that's what it needs to be at least, not the actual operative amount. stick out tongue

Peach
Okay, because I'm thinking more along the lines of "at least three times during a given situation in the actual game".

Which tends to be much more the case with us stick out tongue

Bespin Bart
I'm definitely enjoying how the fight to save Alura has turned out, despite Xeth being unable to participate in the ground fighting. It kinda like this more thoughtful side to Xeth, where he has to consider things as a leader rather than as a fighter.

But it'll be good to get him back on his feet.

Newjak
Originally posted by Peach
Okay, because I'm thinking more along the lines of "at least three times during a given situation in the actual game".

Which tends to be much more the case with us stick out tongue Yup that's the generally what happens.

Although tend to curse the group as well a lot. I think that is what gives our team our unbeatable chemistry. big grin

Peach
Originally posted by Newjak
Yup that's the generally what happens.

Although tend to curse the group as well a lot. I think that is what gives our team our unbeatable chemistry. big grin

This is very, very true.

No one can deny that the Dark Siders have the best character interaction of any of us stick out tongue

Remember the one time we had so much secret plotting going on that we ended up with an insanely high animosity level? big grin

Newjak
This is very, very true.

No one can deny that the Dark Siders have the best character interaction of any of us stick out tongue

Remember the one time we had so much secret plotting going on that we ended up with an insanely high animosity level? big grin Yes I do.

There were a lot of back stabbing attempts going from what I remember.

And Xavier's basic reply to it all was pssh who cares kill each other I'm staying out of it stick out tongue

Trickster
I don't think I recall that...

Who was plotting? I can't imagine any darksider player being that manipulative... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jedireaper
Ha haa! I'd hate to be a dark sider. Knowing you can trust those around you in a fight is a lot easier than contending with thefact that the one who has your back, might stab your back. You never know. Though it'd be interesting if we met.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jedireaper
Ha haa! I'd hate to be a dark sider. Knowing you can trust those around you in a fight is a lot easier than contending with thefact that the one who has your back, might stab your back. You never know. Though it'd be interesting if we met. Perhaps, on the other hand we can do what we want, you guys have to go by strict moral rules even if it is obvious that it will lead to a lot of bad things.

I guess both sides have their appeal though.

Peach
Meh, there's really no appeal to playing a light sider to me stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Being a good guy is boring, pretty much stick out tongue

Bespin Bart
Unless you're a Renegade! We kick ass and take names.

Alkaselzer
I dunno, I don't the Dark Side has had such a personalized plotline for any of their characters, aside from maybe Galder. This past game has just been the most screwed up that Ush has ever gotten with us on the Jedi side, and it's awesome.

Tptmanno1
I'm looking forward to working with Xeth again.
And I haven't yet figured out how fcked our plot is yet..

Bespin Bart
Thanks Roan! Can't wait either. It'll be great to get some more intense collaboration with the Renegades and the Jedi, especially if us two oldies are in it.

Jedireaper
Yup, Xeth's cool. All hail Xeth.

Tptmanno1
Roan plus Xeth...
Man watch out... Its all bad for people...

Jazzman_78
I still very much am grrrr about no lightsabers. As that's what Rianna's best at. At least this appears to be something where sneaking around will be very useful...

Also, I want to play.

Man, I want to laugh out WAY too loud at this. I feel you pain, and yet have no sympathy at all... stick out tongue

Trickster
I'm not too fussed about the lightsabres right now. Though I know I will be, later.

Alkaselzer
Gallagher has nothing else, he'll be glad to keep his lightsaber!

mycoreisdark
I would like to play if you're still taking people on.

Jedireaper
Looking forward to participating))

REXXXX
Originally posted by mycoreisdark
I would like to play if you're still taking people on.

What kind of character were you thinking of playing? Jedi, Renegade, or Dark Jedi?

Ushgarak
With the Jedi game almost over, I am toying with the possibility of launching new Jedi and Dark Side episodes whilst the Renegades finish their story. The Jedi would start the next plotline ahead of the Renegades.

This makes sense from a 'stopping people havign to wait' perspective. There are, however, some problems.

1. There have eben delays in getting more off-line play done. It SHOULD start in a fortnight butt here are no guarantees.

2. I suspect the Dark Siders will finish first again, which is exacerabtes further if they start, effectivrly, early. I certainly don't have much lead for them yet!

3. If I do this, I don't actually know how to get the Renegades into the Jedi plotline...

Jedireaper
Certainly a problem, mate.

Lord Melkor
Maybe a mini story for Darksiders would be a solution?

And I want to buy more Force powers for my character.

REXXXX
If would help I'd be willing to slap together something to distract everyone, as I've been doing on a smaller scale. I feel like starting without the Renegades on the next plot would just make things overly complicated and leave them kind of out of the loop.

Ushgarak
Well, it;s not that arbitrary. There's a Droben-like startign sequence for the Jedi story that is kinda independent from the rest of it.

But not doing it leaves the Renegades without motivation to come along for the rest. The reason the main plot happens is explained in the starting sequence.

Meanwhile, the Dark Side game is said to be the most horrifcally violent and vicious one ever done... with the excuse that said violence will be levelled against thoroughly horrible people.

REXXXX
I'm always up for horrific violence!

Peach
Ditto that.

Bespin Bart
I will go with whatever the gamemaster decides, of course.

Lord Melkor
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Meanwhile, the Dark Side game is said to be the most horrifcally violent and vicious one ever done... with the excuse that said violence will be levelled against thoroughly horrible people.

Of course, playing Dark Side I have nothing against harming non-horrible people.

REXXXX
I've given further thought to running some sort of simple versus game, to keep our group of gamers distracted in order to take the pressure off of Ush.

Would you find that beneficial at all, Ush? It'd give you more time to get things prepped and sync things up. Obviously our interest in your games isn't going anywhere.

Peach
I like distractions.

Jazzman_78
I'm down for another Rex-isode. Had a blast with the last one.

Newjak
I'm down for whatever.

Ushgarak
Not sure what you mean by 'versus'. If we are talking the characters in the games as they exist, then the two sides absolutely cannot meet.

REXXXX
Oh, no, not at all. It would be new temporary characters for something of my own, unconnected to current gameplay.

Tptmanno1
I'm actually ok with waiting given the sporadic nature of posting that has been going on for a while now..

Ushgarak
Updated versions of our upcoming game previews, with the uodates caused by information more recently released about them.

---

Harmony

When a major Jedi operation is nearly ruined by an unexpected intervention, the Council orders a team to act to stop this happening again. The only problem is that the Jedi have no idea who or where their opponents are. Indeed, no-one at all does.

Except... Just one lead has been provided for them, though the lead is so tenuous and risky that the Council is split on its use. That lead brings the Jedi out beyond the reaches of the Republic.

The Jedi are far from home, without the resources of the Republic or their normal authority behind them. Outside the civilising sphere of the Republic, their survival skills will be at a premium. And where the Jedi are surprised to find a pocket of civilisation out where they are searching, those that are already there are not surprised by the Jedi at all. In fact, the Jedi are postively expected...

This story sees the Jedi and Renegades united again. And out beyond, they will find answers and mysteries... glimpses of events far in the past... and ways of the Force that they have never seen before. The battle for Harmony is beginning.

-

The Jedi and the Renegades are in the same boat for this story, as they are outside of the Republic seeking to forestall a threat against it.Measures of caution, insight, diplomacy and- inevitably- brute force will be needed to complete their misison for the Council. Alert minds from the players will be needed to understand what it is they are getting involved in.

A prequel to this story, telling the events of a widespread Jedi investigation, will start soon and will end in a mass space/land battle which will actually be the first such fight those form the Sienar plotline will have ever undertaken. Those on Alura, of course, are getting kind of used to that sort of thing...

---

The Prisoner of Datura

Is it true? Is Kuylen really alive?

The transmission the Dark Siders intercepted tells them that Kuylen is a prisoner in the Treganna Void, home to an empire of pirates and buccaneers, ruled by terror, violence and slavery. Galder feels the pull of destiny beckoning him to his old Master... but is he thinking clearly? Perhaps the others want access to him just for the genetic sample they need from Kuylen to unlock their best clue on the Syphar n Kalar, the ancient weapon of the Sith whose nature and purpose still remain entirely unknown.

The problem is, Kuylen is being allegedly held on the prison planet Datura. This is a prison with no guards, and no walls. Yet no-one has ever escaped this prison- or idneed, ever left it without the grace of the Emperor of the Void. And his favour is not exactly something that the Dark Siders are seeking.

There isn't even a way in for outsiders. No way in, no way out. No idea how Kuylen ended up being taken prisoner there... and no idea of what he has been doing since he was there.

Still, the annoucement of Kuylen's survival has drawn attention from other sources as well. The Dark Siders soo find themselves confronted by those they have met over the last few years- both those who want to work with them and those... not so accomodating. Soon they have other encouragements to act, and even a means to possibly act. But can they really go through with what is needed? Can they live without their lightsabres? Can they survive in the vicious, vile and evil environment that is the 'prison'?

And how are they possibly going to take revenge against the number of people that will piss them off this[ time...

-

With shades of The Ghost Citadel, this story is about surviving in a hostile environment of incredibly unpleasant people. This time, of course, you KNOW there is something of value to be found there... though you may well bear in mind that seeking the power of the Dark Side has burnt many of you before- the Dark Side doesn't discrimnate against who it hurts, Light or Dark. Kuylen is just a man, of course... though to many he is a legend. This is assuming you even get to him. On Datura you will find a society that has reduced itself to the most basic of levels and the most basic survival needs, and aside from anythign else you will have the opportunity to take part in the biggest goddam brawl you will evr see. The relation between that and a 'super fun happy slide' will for now remain obscure.

An interlude for the Dark Siders before the main story starts will return to their relationship with the Epireans as they deal with their annual 'tribute' of grunt-power given to them as a result of negotiations the previous year. Few will survive their cruel games, but those that do get the right to join the bodyguard of the Dark Siders. However, cetain Dark Siders may want different ones to survive, or different ones to work for them personally. What levels of deceit, chicanery, game-rigging and outright cheating will go on to get the varius results diesired, we can only find out by playing!

Peach
Never underestimate pissed off Dark Siders big grin

If you guys abandon me with no way out again like last time...I WILL KILL YOU ALL.

Just saying happy

Bardock42

If you guys abandon me with no way out again like last time...I WILL KILL YOU ALL.

Just saying happy

Odds are you'd be dead then, though.

Peach
Originally posted by Bardock42
Odds are you'd be dead then, though.

Hey, I made it out last time.

Bardock42
Hey, I made it out last time.

My money's on your death stick out tongue

REXXXX
Seems that Dak's idea for gladiatorial games have turned out well, then!

Can't wait.

Newjak

Just saying happy Well I wasn't here to to abandon you the first time big grin

Although definitely excited about this.

REXXXX
I was! And I kicked all sorts of ass.

Peach
I still won, however stick out tongue

REXXXX
I like how they recently did that in Clone Wars.

"65. I killed 65. So what do I win?"

Peach
Pretty sure I commented out loud "They copied us!" at that, hehe.

REXXXX
Sounds about right! Further proof that Lucas and company are all just watching our roleplaying game for inspiration.

Newjak
Originally posted by REXXXX
Sounds about right! Further proof that Lucas and company are all just watching our roleplaying game for inspiration. I can believe it

REXXXX
Good, because it's completely true!

(not)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.