Best Coen Brothers Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lebowski32
As you can probably tell from my handle I'm a huge fan of The Big Lebowski. It was definitely underrated at the time of its theatrical release, but has since attained a huge cult following. Of course films like Fargo and No Country for Old Men should enter the conversation due to their success at the Oscars, and Raising Arizona is another cult favorite. What is your pick for the best Coen Bros. movie?

=Tired Hiker=
The Big Lebowski?? I heard it was lame.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i like the one where that one dude abides and that other one about george clooney going on an odyssey to find some dapper dan

Mr. Rhythmic
I fell asleep through a few(since it was, like, about 3:00 in the morning), but I absolutely loved what I saw of "The Big Lebowski". "Burn After Reading" was good as well, and definitely not what I expected.

lebowski32
jinxed - that was O Brother Where Art Thou (Dapper Dan's hair jelly). Not as good as Lebowski, but pretty funny.

Rogue Jedi
Lebowski.

Sadako of Girth
'Lebowski' gets 1st place...

'Fargo' and 'No country' tie in 2nd place..

'Oh brother' in a tight 3rd place.

Millers crossing gets 2nd from last place.

Raising Arizona gets last.

The others tend to be between Millers crossing and Fargo, for me.
All enjoyable still at the sub No country level, but thats my list of preference.

Rogue Jedi
LOVED Raising Arizona.

MildPossession
I enjoy most of their work, but Burn After Reading was really one of their weakest works, quite disappointing for me.

My favourite is probably the first film I saw from the guys, Fargo.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by lebowski32
jinxed - that was O Brother Where Art Thou (Dapper Dan's hair jelly). Not as good as Lebowski, but pretty funny.

oh.

well i hear it had something to do with homer and shit but yeah, thats one of me favs

Robtard
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
The Big Lebowski?? I heard it was lame.

Same, dude, same. I heard it was a cheap ripoff of that other bowling movie, King Pin.

SportsGalTX
Big Lebowski and Raising Arizona were the best. But all their movies are great.

Impediment
I know that I'm gonna receive hell for this, but I much prefer Raising Arizona over Lebowski.

BackFire
I love Lebowski, Fargo and No Country. Lebowski's probably the most purely enjoyable one, but Fargo and No Country are masterpieces.

Impediment
Ohhh......I completely forgot about Fargo. Great, great experience.

No Country for Old Men was good, but I truly feel that it's a trifle overrated.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
I know that I'm gonna receive hell for this, but I much prefer Raising Arizona over Lebowski.

"Over the line!"

"Mark it zero!"

=Tired Hiker=
You are out of your element.

Mr. Rhythmic
You are out of your element.

DONNY, SHUT THE **** UP!

BackFire
This is what happens when you **** a stranger in the ass!!

=Tired Hiker=
Also, let's not forget - let's *not* forget, Dude - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city - that aint legal either.

Robtard
What are you, a ****ing park ranger now?

=Tired Hiker=
Hey Robtard, on July 28th at Mandalay Bay here in Vegas, they're showing LeBowski for their Friday night 'Movies By The Pool' thingy. Basically they show movies outside by their awesome pool that has a sandy beach. I'll slam a few Caucasions for ya as I try not to drown! wink

=Tired Hiker=
Oh, and nobody ****s with the Jesus.

BackFire
They pee on your ****ing rug, dude?

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by BackFire
This is what happens when you **** a stranger in the ass!!

This compulsive fornicator is taking my father for the proverbial ride.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Impediment
Ohhh......I completely forgot about Fargo. Great, great experience.

No Country for Old Men was good, but I truly feel that it's a trifle overrated.

not a trifle, greatly

Sadako of Girth
*Stares at Impediment and Jinxed in the manner of a someone clearly thinking "here where we get to see whats what."*

*Tosses the coin....the coin lands and eventually he breaks his stare long enough to look down to see what the coins says*

*Looks back up at the two, his eye twitches and he slowly begins to walk of the thread looking all dejected.*

Wolfie
The Chinaman is not the issue here! And Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

Robtard
Hey Robtard, on July 28th at Mandalay Bay here in Vegas, they're showing LeBowski for their Friday night 'Movies By The Pool' thingy. Basically they show movies outside by their awesome pool that has a sandy beach. I'll slam a few Caucasions for ya as I try not to drown! wink

I am green with envy, sir. Green.

Wolfie
Anyone ever been to Lebowskifest? Or ordained in Dudeism?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.