Darth Maul vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lebowski32
Which of these legendary Sith lords wins in a lightsaber duel?

Rogue Jedi
SW forum, dude.

Kaibs
Both are however movie characters. So it's allowed here isnt it?

Rogue Jedi
Nope. In the forum rules you'll see that Impediment forbids SW matches here. They go here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/

Kaibs
Hmm yep you're right. Oh well shit happens.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm. And I am certain Vader versus Maul has been done there already.

Darth Martin
ROTS Vader or OT Vader? Either way Vader wins.

WO Polaski
it was a done in a comic and vader won in the most epic way possible.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/d9/Vadermauls.JPG

NemeBro
OT Vader would lose to Maul only counting movies.

estahuh

WO Polaski
NFPI54fOWoo

Darth Martin
Originally posted by NemeBro
OT Vader would lose to Maul only counting movies. Reasoning?

steverules_2
Vader...he survived more than one movie awesome

NemeBro
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Reasoning? Vader is slow.

Darth Martin
Okay, I just saw that this was a strict lightsaber duel. Vader still has a good chance.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WO Polaski
it was a done in a comic and vader won in the most epic way possible.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/d9/Vadermauls.JPG

Originally posted by steverules_2
Vader...he survived more than one movie awesome

Kaibs
Vaders elite with a lightsaber... Maul is too but vader would still win.

Rogue Jedi
I dunno man, Maul is pretty ****ing fast. Vader never displayed speed close to Maul's. Plus Maul has two blades.

But if it is Vader before he is pwned by Obi Wan in ROTS, you know, pre-armor Vader, then Vader pwns.

Kaibs
Vader as vader still owns. Maul is fast I agree, but he is a lil more careless than Vader would be. And you gotta keep in mind that Vader was also slow becuase thsi movie was made in the 80's.

Rogue Jedi
Maul isn't as careless as people make him out to be. I have a theory on the fight he had with Qui Gon and Obi Wan. Dunno if you wanna hear it.

Kaibs
He wasnt careless as people think? Dude yes he was. LOL even in the extended SW universe beyond movies it prooves this even more but anyways. He was pretty careless and he'd **** up and vader would shred him apart. Maul would put up one hell of a fight tho

Rogue Jedi
When Maul fought Obi and Qui Gon in TPM, dont you think it was weird that he was defensive the entire time, always retreating, then, when he seperated them, he was on the offensive the entire time?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
When Maul fought Obi and Qui Gon in TPM, dont you think it was weird that he was defensive the entire time, always retreating, then, when he seperated them, he was on the offensive the entire time?

Taking on two skilled Jedi I'd be more defensive and either escape or hope they get seperated some way...then I'd be offensive

Kaibs
LOL yeah... considering one was a Jedi Master umm Maul was smart by doing that.

Rogue Jedi
Taking on two skilled Jedi I'd be more defensive and either escape or hope they get seperated some way...then I'd be offensive Well yeah, that was his entire plan. Maul knew what he was doing. He was luring them to a place where he could get them apart. He was defensive the whole time, even through the laser gates into the room where Qui Gon died. Coincidence that the gates were there? Or that Maul timed it so that Obi and Qui Gon were as far away as possible?

Kaibs
Maul had nothing to do with the force fields being up liek they were. Maul didnt lure anyone into a trap. Im not saying Maul is stupid. He's not but he wouldnt get away witht aht shti against vader.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, Maul obviously scouted the terrain and saw that the room behind the laser gates was the most likely place to seperate them.

And in ANH, ESB and ROTJ, Vader is SLOW.

Kaibs
Scouted the Terrain? LOL man... do you have any idea where the battle even took place?

Rogue Jedi
The battle took place on Naboo. Maul was waiting for the Jedi outside the hangar. They engaged in battle, and he immediately began retreating to the blast door he opened via the force. He backed through the door, backflipped to the catwalk behind him, and began retreating to the laser gate room.

steverules_2
Maul had been there a while I'm sure he knew about that room...BUT then again remember he wanted to cut through with his sabre but couldn't so I'm thinking he may not have known and it was just pure luck/coincidence

Rogue Jedi
He tapped the gate with his saber, yes, Qui Gon was right there, it was like talking shit.

Kaibs
LOL what are you talking about... Maul paced ... while Qui Gon practiced meditation. Maul had no idea his saber couldnt do shit.

steverules_2
I think he tapped it to check if he could cut through, he could have easily gone down there any time to check if a sabre could cut through. Think about it, is Maul going to check to make sure a sabre can get through the gates or is going to chance it? I think Mauls the kinda guy to do his homework and check it

Kaibs
COSIGN TO STEVE

Rogue Jedi
He tapped it with his saber to make sure it was impenetrable, better than tapping it with his hand, right?

Kaibs
you're missing hte point dude. You said he PRE EMPTIVELY knew that it couldnt be effected. He did not. He got LUCKY. Which is fine. But dont try sayin Maul can beat Vader. Thats just blasphemy. thats like saying Ron can beat Dumbldore if u wanna put it in your lovely HP terminology

steverules_2
Still doesn't prove he knew about the room, it's like checking an electric fence...would you use your hand or a stick? Maul used his sabre cause he wasn't gonna chance touching it and losing a hand

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
you're missing hte point dude. You said he PRE EMPTIVELY knew that it couldnt be effected. He did not. He got LUCKY. Which is fine. But dont try sayin Maul can beat Vader. Thats just blasphemy. thats like saying Ron can beat Dumbldore if u wanna put it in your lovely HP terminology How did Maul beat Qui Gon?

steverules_2
By stabbing him in the chest with his sabre

Kaibs
ANd with McClane like LUCK.

Rogue Jedi
By stabbing him in the chest with his sabre He wore him down. Qui Gon was visibly spent. Maul beat him with youth and stamina.

Now.

How did Luke beat Vader?

steverules_2
Obi Wan had the McClane luck when he defeated Maul

He wore him down. Qui Gon was visibly spent. Maul beat him with youth and stamina.

Now.

How did Luke beat Vader?

He cut the guys hand off...though vader did that first to Luke

Kaibs
You're seirosly comparing Luke beating Vader to Qui Gon losing to Maul? Dont go there. Just take a minute to think what you're trying to say and stop.

Rogue Jedi
Obi Wan had the McClane luck when he defeated Maul

He cut the guys hand off...though vader did that first to Luke

Qui Gon and Vader were both exhausted as they were beaten/killed. They had little if anything left. Luke and Maul, both younger and possessing more stamina, used this to their advantage, knowingly or unknowingly.

Kaibs
YOU REALIZE Vader kinda let Luke win? Just KINDA like Obi let Vader win... Oh boy oh boy...

Rogue Jedi
Vader didnt let Luke win, what are you talking about? Vader pissed Luke off, Luke turned to the dark side, Luke overwhelmed him, simple as that. By the time Luke snapped out of it, Vader was on his knees with his hand cut off.

Kaibs
Vader didnt let Luke win, what are you talking about? Vader pissed Luke off, Luke turned to the dark side, Luke overwhelmed him, simple as that. By the time Luke snapped out of it, Vader was on his knees with his hand cut off.

once again read your words. I will end it there. If you re read it you will understand how you lost.

steverules_2

Luke didn't win via vader being tired...he beat vader how you just said, Luke also had youth in ESB but he still got beat due to experience, Luke had more experience in ROTJ

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
once again read your words. I will end it there. If you re read it you will understand how you lost. Read them. That's how it went down. This is the part where you explain yourself.

WO Polaski
luke would beat maul as well so i dont see the relevance.

in any case. vader kils him with the force. the end.

Darth Martin
Movie Vader isn't slow, he simply isn't agile.

WO Polaski
that is true. in actually when the jedi fight in the OT they dont even move their hands that much slower then in the PT. the jedi in the pt are just more elegant and graceful.

Darth Martin
Well what I meant is Vader can move his saber as fast as PT Jedi. He just doesn't jump around like Maul or Yoda. Not that he can't, he personally won't do it because of what happend to him on Mustufar.

NemeBro

in any case. vader kils him with the force. the end. Not in the movies.

Saber battle only. Reading the OP helps.

Darth Martin

in any case. vader kils him with the force. the end. TPM Maul>ROTJ Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.