GL Ring vs. Adamantium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Could an average GL, given his ring and 1 hour, destroy a 6-meter cube of adamantium?

Breaking it into pieces is the minimum necessary.

Doctor-Alvis
If the average GL is clever enough to destabilize it, and they can still do that, then yeah.

grimify
I'd say yea, easily. GL rings can do practically anything.

rotiart
If you mean completely obliterate... I'd say no
but the average gl could probably pull a magneto and cause the metal to bend any which way he wanted...

As far as destroy...out right on a pure power basis I'd say no

TricksterPriest
Yes. It's all a matter of willpower. Average GL, maybe, maybe not. Top GLs? Definitely.

illadelph12
It's a matter of intelligence more than will-power in my opinion. If a GL is smart they can simply re-create the vibration effects/frequency of anti-metal vibranium via the ring, or a reasonable equivalent.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by illadelph12
It's a matter of intelligence more than will-power in my opinion. If a GL is smart they can simply re-create the vibration effects/frequency of anti-metal vibranium via the ring, or a reasonable equivalent.

which GL has the technical know how to do that? i really like to know who has the scientific background to understand how to do it.

occultdestroyer
GL Ring

illadelph12
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
which GL has the technical know how to do that? i really like to know who has the scientific background to understand how to do it.

Just ask their ring to generate a sonic frequency that liquifies matter, aim, and fire. The rings are also computers.

TricksterPriest
I was talking about breaking it with sheer power. stick out tongue Obviously of course, as Delph said, there are easier, more esoteric and scientific ways to destroy it.

Or hell, a desintegrator beam would do it in a pinch.

Warlord
GL wins ONLY via molecular rearrangement

Lord Feron
Molecular rearrangement or special frequencies might be able to do it. I doubt a straight up construct would do shit to a cube a adamantium.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I was talking about breaking it with sheer power. stick out tongue Obviously of course, as Delph said, there are easier, more esoteric and scientific ways to destroy it.

laughing

AlmightyKfish
Bzzd would have done it with one shot.

psycho gundam

Or hell, a desintegrator beam would do it in a pinch. easier said than done, going the pure power route would give most gl's an aneurysm.

leonidas
to tell the truth, i'm still unconvinced a GL could wreck a block of top grade adamantium. think a GL could wreck cap's shield too?

AlmightyKfish
Maybe Mogo...

or Bzzd shifty

Enyalus
I was talking about breaking it with sheer power. stick out tongue
facepalm

Some days you're amusing. Others you aren't.

I think it has to do with my bullshit meter.

Charmander
Yes. It's all a matter of willpower. Average GL, maybe, maybe not. Top GLs? Definitely.
wut

rotiart
I'm not even sure a top gl could do it. Hal or sinestro sure but within an hour.... I don't see it happening...

For example primary adamantium ultron is almost never damaged in confrontations... And he would be less than the total mass at hand

D_Dude1210
Yeap, other than matter manip (and I'm not even sure THAT would work), there's no way a GL can break a cube of adamantium into pieces. I mean seriously guys, you guys saying GLs have much more power output than Thor?? What are you smoking??

Enyalus
Right. Barring matter manipulation (which I don't think the OP was wanting), no GL does it. Nor does any Guardian. No one short of high skyfather does it. It's called unbreakable for a reason.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Yeap, other than matter manip (and I'm not even sure THAT would work), there's no way a GL can break a cube of adamantium into pieces. I mean seriously guys, you guys saying GLs have much more power output than Thor?? What are you smoking?? I have to agree. No average Lantern is breaking adamantium on pure power (which would require equivalent will which very few Lanterns would have). Heck, even a molecular destabilization of adamantium would probably require more will than your average Lantern could bring to bear.

Spire
"Ring, own this sh!t."

Done.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Charmander
wut
So 2002.

Slaanesh
they can with matter manipulation..if they just blast it at full power..nothing gonna happen..

Charmander
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
So 2002.
k

bats2jm

OK then can I ask you this do you this could thor or sufer do it?

TricksterPriest
Realistically, yeah they should. It's a man-made material manufactured on earth. It really should not be able to stand up to that level of firepower.

D_Dude1210
Realistically, yeah they should. It's a man-made material manufactured on earth. It really should not be able to stand up to that level of firepower.

Wow. Your logic is flawlesszzz!!!

-Bizzarro

psycho gundam
^ that's going to go over a lot of people's heads.

Tazer
Yo.

on avg.........I dont think even the best GL would do so.

tbch, it would take *any* GL an ungodly amount of willpower to blast it apart; Im thinking something along the lines of Doom during the 1st Secret Wars -lvl; Im talking more powerful than Arrkis Chummuk when he fought Maaldor here........ eek!

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.