I am a comic book geek and that is awesome!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
I hope you guys wont deny it if I say that in a way every member of this forum is a comic book geek. So am I. But where I come from being a comic book geek is awesome. Why? People do NOT read comicbooks here. Like AT ALL. I think im the only person in town that's aware of everything that's going on in marvel and dc universes. There's a downside to this of course. For example I dont have anyone to talk too about comics. But there's also a huge advantage. When you guys talk about comicbooks, people look at you and say "what a geek!" or something of that sort. When I talk about comicbooks people here say "this guy has a interesting and rare hobby" lol Guys are ok with that and chicks dig it. So embracy the envy evil face or move to Moscow lol

Deathlok
Hey, everyone that knows me knows I am a BIG comic book geek. I have many comic book tee shirts that I wear all the time. Comic books figure into ever aspect of my life. Even work. I am in the educational profession, so I get to use them from time to time.

Charmander
Ew, gross.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by SamZED
I hope you guys wont deny it if I say that in a way every member of this forum is a comic book geek. So am I. But where I come from being a comic book geek is awesome. Why? People do NOT read comicbooks here. Like AT ALL. I think im the only person in town that's aware of everything that's going on in marvel and dc universes. There's a downside to this of course. For example I dont have anyone to talk too about comics. But there's also a huge advantage. When you guys talk about comicbooks, people look at you and say "what a geek!" or something of that sort. When I talk about comicbooks people here say "this guy has a interesting and rare hobby" lol Guys are ok with that and chicks dig it. So embracy the envy evil face or move to Moscow lol

If you think you're a cool Russian geek, darling, go on Spidermedia.ru message board and talk to sp888 and\or Redson. Now those are THE geeks... no real hobbies\major talk topics outside of comics... And you'll understand you're pretty normal.

Sin I AM
i wouldnt call myself a geek per se, im more of a collector of fine literature

SamZED
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
If you think you're a cool Russian geek, darling, go on Spidermedia.ru message board and talk to sp888 and\or Redson. Now those are THE geeks... no real hobbies\major talk topics outside of comics... And you'll understand you're pretty normal. Cool, that makes 3. Still for others its a rare "hobby". As for Spidermedia, been there, in fact for a while I was the only one keeping their vs forum alive but people either don't visit, don't care or do not keep up with books. So I got bored. So guess I still AM THE cool geek smokin'

Also Privet Belorussii, sam otchasti ottuda rodom.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
i wouldnt call myself a geek per se, im more of a collector of fine literature
Arent we all?big grin

Mindship
Only jocks and ponzi schemers think that liking comics makes one a geek. wink

Of course, if you have no other life...

Darth Vicious
I was playing 1 vs 100 a few weeks back with a bunch of people in the party/house and the question "In what comic did Magneto rip Wolverine's admantium?" Before the answers showed up, I shouted the answer. The ones in the house looked at me like I was retarded and the ones in the party were like "How the fk would u know that?!".

Charlotte DeBel
Cool, that makes 3. Still for others its a rare "hobby". As for Spidermedia, been there, in fact for a while I was the only one keeping their vs forum alive but people either don't visit, don't care or do not keep up with books. So I got bored. So guess I still AM THE cool geek smokin'

Also Privet Belorussii, sam otchasti ottuda rodom.

Arent we all?big grin

In fact, it was rebuilt recently, so shame on you for not keeping intact with reality.

http://spidermedia.ru/
Right now it's CBR level alive.

Ya pomny tchto tvoya mama iz Vitebska, darling.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Mindship
Only jocks and ponzi schemers think that liking comics makes one a geek. wink

Of course, if you have no other life...

I know a couple of poor guys like that- the two I provided to Sam ZED as an example of crazy Russian geek. I believe he's not THAT lost to society.
Comics to me are not different to say any sci-fi book sans pictures, but there's an idea in Russian culture that "comics are for kids". Being a geek in such an environment (or something like a geek) can be something to brag about, of course, but Sam ZED overdramatizes stuff IMO.

Ryo 666
I'm not really a comic geek. I think.

willRules
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I was playing 1 vs 100 a few weeks back with a bunch of people in the party/house and the question "In what comic did Magneto rip Wolverine's admantium?" Before the answers showed up, I shouted the answer. The ones in the house looked at me like I was retarded and the ones in the party were like "How the fk would u know that?!".

I know what you mean. I got more upset when Batman died than when Michael Jackson died.

SamZED
In fact, it was rebuilt recently, so shame on you for not keeping intact with reality.

http://spidermedia.ru/
Right now it's CBR level alive.

Ya pomny tchto tvoya mama iz Vitebska, darling. Good for them, the site was falling apart. Gonna check it out dont worry smile

I da vse pravilno) Pomnu obshalis do togo kak menia zabanili, vinovat, srazu ne priznal. embarrasment

I know a couple of poor guys like that- the two I provided to Sam ZED as an example of crazy Russian geek. I believe he's not THAT lost to society.
Comics to me are not different to say any sci-fi book sans pictures, but there's an idea in Russian culture that "comics are for kids". Being a geek in such an environment (or something like a geek) can be something to brag about, of course, but Sam ZED overdramatizes stuff IMO. Im not lost to society, not at all. Its just I think if you know the weight, height and eye color of you favorite superhero and know origins of hundred more you can concider yourself a geek stick out tongue

As for the idea that "comics are for kids" that's no longer so. That might've been the case few years ago. Now thanks to the movies people do not think so. They've grown to like comicbooks. Some can even tell the difference between marvel, dark horse and dc superheros! A few years back that would've been the first sign of apocalyple.. big grin

Mindship
there's an idea in Russian culture that "comics are for kids". The "adult" mindset is overrated. cool

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by willRules
I know what you mean. I got more upset when Batman died than when Michael Jackson died.

I got more upset/excite when Captain America died. Upset because of all the ways he couldve died, He was shot down (I know, I know, hes alive in the past). Excited because of the possibilities with Bucky. I mourned MJ for about 30 seconds after I found out.

Charlotte DeBel
Good for them, the site was falling apart. Gonna check it out dont worry smile

I da vse pravilno) Pomnu obshalis do togo kak menia zabanili, vinovat, srazu ne priznal. embarrasment

Im not lost to society, not at all. Its just I think if you know the weight, height and eye color of you favorite superhero and know origins of hundred more you can concider yourself a geek stick out tongue

As for the idea that "comics are for kids" that's no longer so. That might've been the case few years ago. Now thanks to the movies people do not think so. They've grown to like comicbooks. Some can even tell the difference between marvel, dark horse and dc superheros! A few years back that would've been the first sign of apocalyple.. big grin

Movies are the great way of propaganda, right you are. I don't consider myself "geek" just because I'm well-versed in MU. In fact, some of my RL friends think I've got "cool and unusual hobby". So I'm generalising, and I admit so... due to movies comics=respectful science-fiction.
Though some people who watched Watchmen were shocked that apart from Dr Manhattan the rest of the cast was supposed to be normal folks without any superpowers.

I think we understand word "geek" differently. When I think of meaning of this word, I think of sp888 who's proud of the fact that he doesn't want to read anything but comics. Comics-centric person. In fact, the thing that keeps me in comics is running a comics-centered RPG and participating in tourneys here on KMC...scientific intetest. Right now there are pretty few comics I read for pleasure, not for analysis.

Though... in Marvel I hate Fraction for writing Utopia in very stupid way (and still hope Ems is an undercover mole, not a retard collaborationist) and hate the whole mess DCmade with Batgirl (cure Babs Gordon=OK, great, but make her into sort of Nick Fury with boobs in DC, not some stupid "dressing like I used to in my teen years and make some lesbian nobody look superior"wink. So in a few cases things get personal.

Digi
chicks dig it.

laughing out loud

Fail thread is fail. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.