Apocalypse vs This Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins?

Thermal Man- http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-thermalman.html

Blastaar- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=302

Iron Monger- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=211

Titanium Man- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=451

Crimson Dynamo- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=704

Arsenal- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=1599

&

Dogs of War- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character6.asp?UniqueId=1122

illadelph12
Apocalypse via divide and conquer:

-Mind blast a couple.
-Single one out via teleportation for one on one combat and take them out.
-Repeat on next target.

Nur's more powerful than any single member of this team, and his powers allow him to engage them on his own terms. On panel Apocalypse was able to go blast for blast with the High Evolutionary and then teleport the both of them to the subterranean lair of some mutates (against the H.E.'s will). Using those same abilities against each member of this team he shouldn't have much problem. As a group in a direct engagement (1 vs all), Apoc would have a harder time, but he still has enough fire power and defenses to whittle them down (raise shields, grow gigantic, blast the shit out of them, go intangible when necessary).

Fighting intelligently (divide and conquer) it's a cakewalk.

rotiart
Or he twleports all of them into the sun... Poof apoc wins

AlmightyKfish
Current Blastaar has the Cosmic Control Rod

He solo's stick out tongue

rotiart
He does?! I'm so behind!

illadelph12
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Current Blastaar has the Cosmic Control Rod

He solo's stick out tongue

Apocalypse disarms Blastaar by teleporting the Rod out of Blastaar's hand to one of his pyramid bases, then proceeds with the plan stated in my previous post.

He then retrieves the Rod from his base and incorporates it into himself becoming a High Herald level+ character.

psycho gundam
that would rock

Enyalus
Originally posted by illadelph12
He then retrieves the Rod from his base and incorporates it into himself becoming a High Herald level+ character.
How long before we see Apocalstryfe, Delph?

illadelph12
No idea. With Messiah War over we'll have to see what the next arc is. Given the state of the mutant population in current day 616 he might become a player.

Enyalus
No idea. With Messiah War over we'll have to see what the next arc is. Given the state of the mutant population in current day 616 he might become a player.
With what Utopia is stressing (strong leadership) and hints from Archangel during MW to Apoc, seems like he'd make a perfect candidate for taking over the role Magneto used to have. Trying to become the world's mutant leader.

Would be interesting.

illadelph12
I could see that. Coming back and being the champion for mutants. Maybe he'll even get some battles with other heavyweights in the process. A favorable encounter with Surfer would be nice.

occultdestroyer
Apoc FTW

TricksterPriest
I could see that. Coming back and being the champion for mutants. Maybe he'll even get some battles with other heavyweights in the process. A favorable encounter with Surfer would be nice.

I honestly don't think he can win a confrontation with a non-jobbing Surfer. However, if he makes Surfer fight seriously or manages to hurt him enough to piss him off, or better yet, actually gives him a good fight for awhile. That would be nice. big grin

Survivor19
Too bad Apocalypse shown in Messiah War will be only seen in Cable, if anywhere. He won't go back in time, since it's not his style.

TricksterPriest
Say what? I'm sure he's done it a few times. And in any case, Apoc did say he would not make the mistakes of the past again.

The only chance for mutants from Apoc's perspective, is under his leadership. So I see him going back to save mutant-kind.

golem370
Thermal Man would be diffcult to stop Classic Thor, Blader and the warriors three could do it for good.

Charmander
Apocalypse disarms Blastaar by teleporting the Rod out of Blastaar's hand to one of his pyramid bases, then proceeds with the plan stated in my previous post.

He then retrieves the Rod from his base and incorporates it into himself becoming a High Herald level+ character. Has Apocalypse ever teleported something out of someone's hand to his base?

illadelph12
He's teleported people, equipment, etc., yes.

*edit

I believe he's also waved his hand and made people's guns disappear out of their hands who were attacking him. I'll see if I can find the scan.

Charmander
He's teleported people, equipment, etc., yes.

*edit

I believe he's also waved his hand and made people's guns disappear out of their hands who were attacking him. I'll see if I can find the scan.
That wasn't the question.

He either teleports Blastaar as a whole, or he knocks the thing out of his hand. His teleportation has never been used consistently (IE, in character), or to me, at all in the way you said... although I will await a scan.

illadelph12
I understood the question, hence the edit. He has disarmed people via teleportation and some kind of psuedo-disintegration/bfr. I'll see if I can find it. He's also teleported people, equipment, etc, as I stated.

He's never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on panel, so he probably can't do that.

Charmander
I understood the question, hence the edit. He has disarmed people via teleportation and some kind of psuedo-disintegration/bfr. I'll see if I can find it. He's also teleported people, equipment, etc, as I stated.

He's never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on panel, so he probably can't do that. K.

There's a difference between eating, and using your powers in a really exotic way that you don't ever, or never usually use them.
Hence CIS.

illadelph12
I'd have to disagree. There's also reasonable extrapolation based on on-panel feats and similar instances/circumstances. Just because a specific action hasn't taken place on panel doesn't mean it's impossible for a character to accomplish if parallel, or greater, acts have been accomplished.

I have also always found the PIS/CIS distinction, and the way it's debated around here, flawed personally. All actions and character development is plot driven. It's all PIS: Plot Induced Scenarios, yet there's rules predicated on picking and choosing what we feel is the norm in a fluid medium.

Sweet_lady18
Originally posted by Enyalus
With what Utopia is stressing (strong leadership) and hints from Archangel during MW to Apoc, seems like he'd make a perfect candidate for taking over the role Magneto used to have. Trying to become the world's mutant leader.

Would be interesting.

How do you know that?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sweet_lady18
How do you know that?
I'm omniscient. smile

All men are. Some just hide it better than me.

Sweet_lady18
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'm omniscient. smile

All men are. Some just hide it better than me.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee325/chefrby/DSC01983.jpg

Whatever you say mister "Omniscient"

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sweet_lady18
Whatever you say
I like you already.

Stick around.

Charmander
I'd have to disagree. There's also reasonable extrapolation based on on-panel feats and similar instances/circumstances. Just because a specific action hasn't taken place on panel doesn't mean it's impossible for a character to accomplish if parallel, or greater, acts have been accomplished.

I have also always found the PIS/CIS distinction, and the way it's debated around here, flawed personally. All actions and character development is plot driven. It's all PIS: Plot Induced Scenarios, yet there's rules predicated on picking and choosing what we feel is the norm in a fluid medium. I never said it was impossible, I just question the pinpoint accuracy of Apoc teleporting something out of Blastaar's hand while holding it... in a battle. As well as that doesn't seem like something Apoc would do.
He either teleports Blastaar as a whole, or he doesn't.

oh?
So we should go to the CBR format, and have Nightcrawler teleporting limbs off every fight, and we should have Superman heat vision lobotomy everyone?
It's quite simple really:
'One' use powers equal not likely in the forum (unless it pertains to the character that it got used on... Thor vs Juggernaut)
Common powers will most likely be used.
An example of an in character trait is Thor not using BFR unless everything else fails, and by everything I mean blasts and hammer strikes. That is in Thor's character, and we can see that from his battles against impossible odds.
Another one is Apoc manipulating his body in fights to avoid attacks, and turning into things with either his hands or body. Etc.

Apoc simply teleporting something out of someone's hand is unlikely. Apoc teleporting someone is much more likely. I don't know why you had to go the extremely exotic route, you could have just as simply said that he teleports Blastaar, but then we wouldn't be having this little conversation.

And btw, PIS = Plot induced stupidity.

illadelph12
I know what the board definition of PIS is. It was a play on the acronym. All things comics are plot driven, so depending on any given reader's perspective, any feat can be deemed PIS, which is the paradox and flaw of the rule and the foundation of most arguments around here.

I also disagree with that assessment about CIS. All character actions are contained and defined by a plot. If these threads are hypothetical encounters rather than simple re-enactments of what occurs on panel, why would there actions be relegated and confined to mirror what occurred on panel when, by premise, we're taking them out of the plot for these battle scenarios? It seems paradoxical to me. Taking characters and pitting their plot driven actions against each other, but in a non plot driven scenario.

Charmander
I know what the board definition of PIS is. It was a play on the acronym. All things comics are plot driven, so depending on any given reader's perspective, any feat can be deemed PIS, which is the paradox and flaw of the rule and the foundation of most arguments around here.

I also disagree with that assessment about CIS. All character actions are contained and defined by a plot. If these threads are hypothetical encounters rather than simple re-enactments of what occurs on panel, why would there actions be relegated and confined to mirror what occurred on panel when, by premise, we're taking them out of the plot for these battle scenarios? It seems paradoxical to me. Taking characters and pitting their plot driven actions against each other, but in a non plot driven scenario. Which is when common sense needs to kick in.

Solution:
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/index.php

illadelph12
But it rarely does.

Charmander
k

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.