HP Doomsday & Thor VS FC Gladiator and Superman!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hitman911
Who Takes it????

PRAYERRUN
I'd hate to say it, but the first team wins this.

leonidas
hp solos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
yet he couldn't defeat superman soundly in HP?

vlaaad12345
It was an amped superman and he was beating supermans ass....superman put all of his strength in a punch to DD's jaw and it accomplished about absolutely nothing.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So, DD beat him?

iceman24567
Team one wins

The Pict
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So, DD beat him?

No

KuRuPT Thanosi
exactly my point

leonidas
Originally posted by The Pict
No

and,why . . .? c'mon, i know you wanna ask why . . .

no?

well, i'll tell you anyway--cuz WAVERIDER helped bfr him where again . .? shifty

The Pict
Originally posted by leonidas
and,why . . .? c'mon, i know you wanna ask why . . .

no?

well, i'll tell you anyway--cuz WAVERIDER helped bfr him where again . .? shifty

I don't wanna ask why because I already know forgetu

He was Bfr'd out of existence because he couldn't be beaten any other way at that point.

Enyalus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
yet he couldn't defeat superman soundly in HP?
Yet he did...and easily.
No
No? What book were you reading? He was absolutely stomping him. Superman had to play it smart, flying up in the air and hitting him from long range because he knew he'd get his shit wrecked if he grappled with him like he did in DOS. And then he got his shit wrecked anyway when DD slammed him into the planet's power systems and unleashed a million nukes worth of power on him, which flash-KO'd Superman and had him a complete mess, yet didn't phase DD in the least, who proceeded to pick Supes up and slap his nearly-unconscious body around some more.

The Pict
Originally posted by Enyalus

No? What book were you reading? He was absolutely stomping him. Superman had to play it smart, flying up in the air and hitting him from long range because he knew he'd get his shit wrecked if he grappled with him like he did in DOS. And then he got his shit wrecked anyway when DD slammed him into the planet's power systems and unleashed a million nukes worth of power on him, which flash-KO'd Superman and had him a complete mess, yet didn't phase DD in the least, who proceeded to pick Supes up and slap his nearly-unconscious body around some more.

I know how the fight went. I use it here as evidence (the million nuclear blast part in particular as a tremendous durability feat for both DD and Supes) But in the end DD didn't beat Superman. Technically Supes won.

Yeah H/P Doomsday couldn't be stopped in that comic, he had to be removed from existence.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2505/hacsahunterprey0335dt3.th.jpg

"A force equal to a million nuclear blasts" impressive durability feat for both Superman and Doomsday. When we next see Doomsday he's grabbing Superman ready to fight and laughing. After THAT!

Hulk couldn't hope to equal something as powerful as that explosion let alone top it, so how could he beat Doomsday?

^ See I do know how it went forgetu

Enyalus
I know how the fight went. I use it here as evidence (the million nuclear blast part in particular as a tremendous durability feat for both DD and Supes) But in the end DD didn't beat Superman. Technically Supes won.
Okay, let's amend this: If Superman hadn't had a plot device BFR instrument that isn't part of his normal powerset he would have been killed again. And this is with MB amping and giving him weapons and healing him, etc.

Supes would've been effed over using his standard powerset. Hell, even the way he beat him reeked of PIS. Slipping it on one of DD's bones with DD just standing there while he activates the MB? Please.

Supes got wrecked and would have lost in a typical scenario to H/P DD...who unbeknownst to the vast majority of fans everywhere, was the real Main Man in disguise, Lobo. cool

I wrote Jurgens a letter and he confirmed this. Just trust me.

Spire
Team 1.

quanchi112
Team 1 wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Team 1 wins.
How? H/P DD and Thor would never hit Gladiator. He's too fast. He's kept up with skrull ships traveling through hyperspace under his own power and gone 100x lightspeed without a problem. Plus the time dilation feat...

D_Dude1210
DD time dilates Gladiator's face! ^_^

Mshinu
Thr Boyscouts are goin down here

Hitman911
FC Glads solos...

Hitman911
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mn3AQWxAig

Lord Feron
Split imo

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hitman911
FC Glads solos... What?

Kris Blaze
How? H/P DD and Thor would never hit Gladiator. He's too fast. He's kept up with skrull ships traveling through hyperspace under his own power and gone 100x lightspeed without a problem. Plus the time dilation feat...

facepalm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Okay, let's amend this: If Superman hadn't had a plot device BFR instrument that isn't part of his normal powerset he would have been killed again. And this is with MB amping and giving him weapons and healing him, etc.

Supes would've been effed over using his standard powerset. Hell, even the way he beat him reeked of PIS. Slipping it on one of DD's bones with DD just standing there while he activates the MB? Please.

Supes got wrecked and would have lost in a typical scenario to H/P DD...who unbeknownst to the vast majority of fans everywhere, was the real Main Man in disguise, Lobo. cool

I wrote Jurgens a letter and he confirmed this. Just trust me.

Yes my friend I know the problem is he didn't defeat supes just like MANY others that should've beat supes didn't. Yes we all know about the plot devices that supes uses to win matches he shouldn't and this comic was no different. DD was wrecking supes but supes was also dishing it out as well and hanging in there. So, what would stop DD from being BFR'd here?

vlaaad12345
Supes really wasn't dishing anything out he never even hurt Doomsday and who is going to bfr DD? gladiator nor superman have teleporting powers and thor will help his teammate.

The Pict
Originally posted by Hitman911
FC Glads solos...

nope

D-Block
Team 1

Raoul
dunno what people mean by FC Glads, so i'm a little lost.

Also, god, HP D/D gets wanked far too much. it was a long time ago. superman's had a hell of a lot of upgrading doen since then.

vlaaad12345
And a mother box is a hell of a upgrade in itself.....

Raoul
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
And a mother box is a hell of a upgrade in itself.....

motherbox didn't do a whole lot to his basic stats that we know of, so i don't really think it's that big of an issue.

vlaaad12345
Provided him with a suit that likely increased his durability,was providing him with constant healing and all those weapons it did quite a bit for him and DD was still dominating him at every turn the only time he ever hurt DD was with the mother boxes sword and full on heat vision and even then that didn't do much of anything,years later that same DD dominated superman and the justice league including orion in physical combat.

Raoul
Provided him with a suit that likely increased his durability,was providing him with constant healing and all those weapons it did quite a bit for him and DD was still dominating him at every turn the only time he ever hurt DD was with the mother boxes sword and full on heat vision and even then that didn't do much of anything,years later that same DD dominated superman and the justice league including orion in physical combat.

likely isn't definitively, though, and his current durability is still way ahead of the durability he had in HP.

the weapons were cool and all, but this is superman. he's not the type to fight with weapons. he tends to just punch shit until it falls over.

i'm just saying that i don't think HP Superman with motherbox is > Current Superman. not by a long way.

vlaaad12345
Never said he was >current superman but even supes with the box wasn't doing a single thing to DD and this doomsday is known to adapt on the fly to develop new powers and crap outta nowhere I really don't see superman one hit ko'ing him or anything hes def going to be a threat here and more so the longer the fight goes on.

Raoul
Never said he was >current superman but even supes with the box wasn't doing a single thing to DD and this doomsday is known to adapt on the fly to develop new powers and crap outta nowhere I really don't see superman one hit ko'ing him or anything hes def going to be a threat here and more so the longer the fight goes on.

i never said he wasn't a threat. i just think current superman can take him. not one shot or anything, but imo he'd beat him.

Enyalus
Supes really wasn't dishing anything out he never even hurt Doomsday and who is going to bfr DD? gladiator nor superman have teleporting powers and thor will help his teammate.
...Well, DD didn't show a lot of speed in that arc. Glads could BFR him into the sun Supreme-style. And Superman bullrushed him successfully in that arc.

Originally posted by Raoul

Also, god, HP D/D gets wanked far too much. it was a long time ago. superman's had a hell of a lot of upgrading doen since then.
FC Gladiator = Full Confidence Gladiator.

And I think you give way too much credit to current Superman (who I read too, by the way stick out tongue). Since H/P, he's had one power/strength upgrade after the Blue/Red Supes merger, had fighting training my Mongul (and others) which might be construed as a power upgrade, and had a thought processing upgrade after IC.

DD dropped DS easier than Supes ever has, including current Supes. And this was before DS was written as being only on par with Supes physically. I think the motherbox amp went a long way to making H/P Superman ~ Current Superman, power wise.

Now, resistances wise and MA wise, no...but those things wouldn't have made a difference in the H/P arc, anyway. And the MB healing came in huge considering DD fracturing Kal's arm and flash-KOing him with the million nuke explosion. Yet Kal recovered fairly quickly from both. I don't think current Supes' healing factor would do as well as that.

quanchi112

Also, god, HP D/D gets wanked far too much. it was a long time ago. superman's had a hell of a lot of upgrading doen since then. Yeah, I kept thinking the same thing. Then I realized it must mean full confidence Gladiator. Final crisis through me for a loop.

james2099
Superman or Gladiator blitz and KO thor ( again ). There will be no thor girl or avengers here to save him this time. Then supes and glads double team DD. It has been proven time and time again that thor does not stand a chance against glads or supes speed and strength combo. Team 2 wins 9/10... Supes may feel sorry for thor 1 time and try to reason with him, AND GET STOLEN.

quanchi112
Originally posted by james2099
Superman or Gladiator blitz and KO thor ( again ). There will be no thor girl or avengers here to save him this time. Then supes and glads double team DD. It has been proven time and time again that thor does not stand a chance against glads or supes speed and strength combo. Team 2 wins 9/10... Supes may feel sorry for thor 1 time and try to reason with him, AND GET STOLEN. They fight in character. Gladiator got his ass handed to him by Masterson Thor.

Harbinger
BFR is team two's best option. Otherwise, they're getting stomped.

Charmander
They fight in character. Gladiator got his ass handed to him by Masterson Thor.
Although he had help from Living Laser, Masterson was able to intercept a blitz.

As well as real, experienced Thor got caught off guard when he lost. It was the equivalent of throwing something so someone looks up, and then sucker punching them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Charmander
Although he had help from Living Laser, Masterson was able to intercept a blitz.

As well as real, experienced Thor got caught off guard when he lost. He improvised while the Gladiator was busy gloating.

What?

Charmander
He improvised while the Gladiator was busy gloating.

What?
I'm just explaining his loss to Thor to James.

It was an add on to your post.

batdude123
Gladiator got his ass handed to him by Masterson Thor.

Getting beaten down and then summoning another for help isn't exactly what I'd call handing somebody his ass.

Enyalus
Originally posted by batdude123
Getting beaten down and then summoning another for help isn't exactly what I'd call handing somebody his ass.
That's what I was thinking. Masterson got schooled in that fight.

Raoul
FC Gladiator = Full Confidence Gladiator.

oh, right, my bad.

my thinking for most of that (i'm sure you can guess what parts) is to strongly disagree.

should i go in to it, or do you know already?

Enyalus
my thinking for most of that (i'm sure you can guess what parts) is to strongly disagree.

should i go in to it, or do you know already?
I know most of it already, I just don't really see it myself. He's got a lot of good lifting feats from his pre-IC days. In fact, pre-new millennium. And a ton of his high-end durability feats come from earlier on in the last volume of JLA and Supes runs (for the most part, around the 2000 mark). So I don't get the unnatural amount of love for "Current Superman." I've said before...it's kind of like certain posters' love of "Current Surfer."

And before you catch me by saying, "You realize that everything you posted was post-H/P era, proving my point when I said he's gotten much stronger"....well, yes. But only to show that Current Superman isn't vastly far ahead, if at all, of that version of the Man of Steel. And by extension, a Motherbox-amped post-DOS Superman.

Raoul
But only to show that Current Superman isn't vastly far ahead, if at all, of that version of the Man of Steel. And by extension, a Motherbox-amped post-DOS Superman.

therein lies the disagreement, though. i DO think everything that's happened since than has shown a vast improvement in terms of strength, speed, durability, fighting skill, and most of the other atributes he had.

Enyalus
therein lies the disagreement, though. i DO think everything that's happened since than has shown a vast improvement in terms of strength, speed, durability, fighting skill, and most of the other atributes he had.
Well, good sir. I shall refrain from taking off my glove and slapping you with it, and we shall call it a draw and leave it at that. Perhaps a tea arrangement is in order for us civilized gents?

Raoul
Well, good sir. I shall refrain from taking off my glove and slapping you with it, and we shall call it a draw and leave it at that. Perhaps a tea arrangement is in order for us civilized gents?

laughing out loud

you? civilised? with a sig like that?

Enyalus
laughing out loud

you? civilised? with a sig like that?
What can I say. Yours inspired me.

Raoul
What can I say. Yours inspired me.

mine celebrates the female form in all its fine ass glory.

yours, well... lookaround

Enyalus
yours, well... lookaround
Is so manly that it shouldn't need periods?

grimify
h/p dd would solo

Enyalus
Originally posted by grimify
h/p dd would solo
What if we switched out the the poser icon of DC for the true icon of DC - Batman?

grimify
What if we switched out the the poser icon of DC for the true icon of DC - Batman?

Then it would become spite. wink

Batman would solo, then he'd knock out Gladiator for having a mohawk.

Hitman911
Originally posted by grimify
h/p dd would solo ummmmm no.....

Kris Blaze
Masterson doesn't have what it takes to beat Glads.

Just like Glads doesn't have what it takes to take one of the opponents on Team 1 here.

Lord Feron
Hard to call but I think T1 barely edges out for a victory.

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
Getting beaten down and then summoning another for help isn't exactly what I'd call handing somebody his ass. I never said that Masterson was the better warrior. I merely said that the other remaining heroes had to pull Masterson off of Gladiator as they feared for his death and he wasn't fighting back at all.

Masterson handed him his ass.

james2099
They fight in character. Gladiator got his ass handed to him by Masterson Thor. Masterson thor did nothing but get beat until the writer gave him victory to continue that story. The same as the real thor, who both superman and gladiator ONE SHOTTED and could have killed him if not for help. And in character, gladiator is now slicing people in half and blowing peoples heads off, and supes hates DD.

TricksterPriest
Last I checked, Thor destroyed Gladiator the one time he fought him seriously.

Superman doesn't hate Doomsday, he FEARS him. DD hates Superman. Gladiator will get ripped apart if he tries to fight DD.

And without BFR, DD could solo the thread. There's no Waverider to help them this time.

Kris Blaze
gladiator is now slicing people in half and blowing peoples heads off, and supes hates DD.

Since when has Gladiator been against killing?

In fact, Gladiator's performance now is much, much, much worse than he fights level-headed. The god damn owl-shi'ar almost beat his ass!

james2099
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Last I checked, Thor destroyed Gladiator the one time he fought him seriously.

Superman doesn't hate Doomsday, he FEARS him. DD hates Superman. Gladiator will get ripped apart if he tries to fight DD.

And without BFR, DD could solo the thread. There's no Waverider to help them this time. Tyrant did not rip him apart and last i checked, thor is the hero in those fights, yet he needed help everytime he fought gladiator or he would have been killed. Thor the hero went and fought superman the HERO and guess what happened?

james2099
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

In fact, Gladiator's performance now is much, much, much worse than he fights level-headed. The god damn owl-shi'ar almost beat his ass! Now what were those writers up to??

Kris Blaze
Now what were those writers up to??

Same issue where he started killing.

leonidas

In fact, Gladiator's performance now is much, much, much worse than he fights level-headed. The god damn owl-shi'ar almost beat his ass!

yeah, i don't even like glad's but that was pretty disappointing. had rachel not killed woodsy owl, glads may have bit the farm right there. surprised he was run through with that spear. would have been better if that guy had some history, or he was shown to be some uber-bada$$ or something. erm

james2099
Same issue where he started killing. If characters just plow through every foe, then a book will become boring. Thats why supes get hit by far slower people in the comics. On here......... We dont have issue 426, 427, 428 coming out a week apart. You match superman up against herc here..... herc gets blitz and then booted into the sun.... in the comics however....... you may see 3 issues were they fight.

Kris Blaze
yeah, i don't even like glad's but that was pretty disappointing. had rachel not killed woodsy owl, glads may have bit the farm right there. surprised he was run through with that spear. would have been better if that guy had some history, or he was shown to be some uber-bada$$ or something. erm

Yup, it was just, off :/

If characters just plow through every foe, then a book will become boring. Thats why supes get hit by far slower people in the comics. On here......... We dont have issue 426, 427, 428 coming out a week apart. You match superman up against herc here..... herc gets blitz and then booted into the sun.... in the comics however....... you may see 3 issues were they fight.

This is completely irrelevant.

You said that Gladiator was now cutting loose and killing people, to which I replied that he has always killed people and showed that he is evidently WEAKER now that he is fighting without restraint. Doesn't matter what you think is important in a book, it's not relevant here, that's not what we're discussing.

Galan007
motherbox didn't do a whole lot to his basic stats that we know of, so i don't really think it's that big of an issue. per speachification, the MB's 'upgrade' placed supes on the same level as doomsday. granted, it would have only put supes on the level DD was at before he started adapting on the fly, but at that time doomsday was still capable of absolutely pummeling darkseid with just a few blows. so if the speachification is to be taken literally, supes' powerup would've been fairly decent. *shrug*

anyhow, team 1 ftw.

james2099
Yup, it was just, off :/

This is completely irrelevant.

You said that Gladiator was now cutting loose and killing people, to which I replied that he has always killed people and showed that he is evidently WEAKER now that he is fighting without restraint. Doesn't matter what you think is important in a book, it's not relevant here, that's not what we're discussing. When people include FC before the name gladiator, they are using him at his best. As to why people run to low showings is beyond me. I think the thread starter is using planet busting, superspeed mode.

Kris Blaze
When people include FC before the name gladiator, they are using him at his best. As to why people run to low showings is beyond me. I think the thread starter is using planet busting, superspeed mode.

Why peolpe run to low showings?

Are you dense? YOU brought up the low showings!

Masterson thor did nothing but get beat until the writer gave him victory to continue that story. The same as the real thor, who both superman and gladiator ONE SHOTTED and could have killed him if not for help. And in character, gladiator is now slicing people in half and blowing peoples heads off, and supes hates DD.

You just didn't read the entire comic apparently, since Gladiator got his ass handed to him right after.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
per speachification, the MB's 'upgrade' placed supes on the same level as doomsday. granted, it would have only put supes on the level DD was at before he started adapting on the fly, but at that time doomsday was still capable of absolutely pummeling darkseid with just a few blows. so if the speachification is to be taken literally, supes' powerup would've been fairly decent. *shrug*

anyhow, team 1 ftw.

exactly right, goob. big grin

heh

Raoul
per speachification, the MB's 'upgrade' placed supes on the same level as doomsday. granted, it would have only put supes on the level DD was at before he started adapting on the fly, but at that time doomsday was still capable of absolutely pummeling darkseid with just a few blows. so if the speachification is to be taken literally, supes' powerup would've been fairly decent. *shrug*

anyhow, team 1 ftw.

i disagree, though... ermm

Enyalus
You said that Gladiator was now cutting loose and killing people, to which I replied that he has always killed people and showed that he is evidently WEAKER now that he is fighting without restraint.
Gladiator said that he was so pissed that he badly underestimated his opponent (the Owl-dude). He wasn't weaker.

The underestimating thing seems like pretty consistent CIS for him, which makes sense given his confidence-fueled abilities.

james2099
Why peolpe run to low showings?

Are you dense? YOU brought up the low showings!

You just didn't read the entire comic apparently, since Gladiator got his ass handed to him right after. I didn't have to read the whole thing to know who the writer would let win after getting schooled. You are the one running to low showings. Everytime thor loses his hammer against glads or supes.... he gets KOED.

Kris Blaze
Gladiator said that he was so pissed that he badly underestimated his opponent (the Owl-dude). He wasn't weaker.

But regardless of what Gladiator thinks about him, he should crush him easily.....

I didn't have to read the whole thing to know who the writer would let win after getting schooled. You are the one running to low showings. Everytime thor loses his hammer against glads or supes.... he gets KOED.

WRONG! Gladiator was not the one who beat Owlman, in fact Gladiator was about to die when Rachel saved him. You cannot bring up a comic and claim that we're supposed to follow what happens in 1 page and then ignore the second. If this had had happened in a separate arc then maybe you could've played that card, but not when it happened in the same ****ing comic.

Yeah, because when Thor loses his hammer, he turns into Jake...

Enyalus
But regardless of what Gladiator thinks about him, he should crush him easily.....
Meh. He was torn up by grief and not thinking clearly. It's understandable that an elite Shi'ar black ops (basically) chief of security was able to get the better of him.

I'm not really excusing it, but...I can see that.

Kris Blaze

Enyalus
Regardless, this is my point. James tries to bring up angry and kill-mode Gladiator as someone strong, when he is evidently a much worse fighter.
Truthiness.

My favorite Gladiator mindset is the one shown in Nova, barking out orders and bullrushing Nova Centurions in half without remorse. laughing out loud

Galan007
exactly right, goob. big grin

heh mad

stick out tongue

i disagree, though... ermm well i disagree, that you disagree.

.... so there. uhuh

Hitman911
This Gladiator has the swagger of Logan...

xJLxKing
Team 1. HP DD can solo if Superman and Glad don't try to BFR him in some way.

Raoul
mad

stick out tongue

well i disagree, that you disagree.

.... so there. uhuh

shock

uhuh

shokosugi
Gladiator goes down, Supes solos HP Doomsday and Thor

Raoul
Originally posted by shokosugi
Gladiator goes down, Supes solos HP Doomsday and Thor

you've been told to stop trolling before, and you must not have listened. Stop.

Hitman911
Originally posted by shokosugi
Gladiator goes down, Supes solos HP Doomsday and Thor no expression

carver9
I didnt see anything wrong with what happened to glads and owl man. He underestimated his opponent, which a lot of characters do and he paid the price for it. It wasnt a low showing at all and it happens all the time.

With the powerset that glads has (power increase due to confedence), I'll jump into any battle thinking I would crush that person. Lately gladiator has been shown to be unstoppable and he still owns that title, he made a mistake that I'm pretty sure he wont make again but I dont think of it as a low showing just a pride issue. Before that happened though, he was ripping through people like candy.

Hitman911
Originally posted by carver9
I didnt see anything wrong with what happened to glads and owl man. He underestimated his opponent, which a lot of characters do and he paid the price for it. It wasnt a low showing at all and it happens all the time.

With the powerset that glads has (power increase due to confedence), I'll jump into any battle thinking I would crush that person. Lately gladiator has been shown to be unstoppable and he still owns that title, he made a mistake that I'm pretty sure he wont make again but I dont think of it as a low showing just a pride issue. Before that happened though, he was ripping through people like candy. Right and this is Glads with Logan type confidence!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.