RoboCop vs Iron Man *No Spite Here*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Scenario I: RoboCop vs Iron Man (Mark I)

Same scenario as in the film Iron Man. Stark is trying to break out of captivity. RoboCop must stop him.

RoboCop is armed with his "Gun Arm"(Machine Gun/Grenade Launcher) and Auto-9.
Scenario II: RoboCop vs Iron Man (Mark II)

They start 400 yards away from each other in a desert.

Iron Man has only his repulsors. (He didn't display any other weapon systems.)

RoboCop has his Jetpack and is armed with his "Gun Arm" and Auto 9.

Iron Man is immobile for the first 15 seconds, RoboCop can only use his Auto-9.
Scenario III: RoboCop vs Iron Man (Mark III)

They start 400 yards away from each other in a desert.

RoboCop has his Jetpack and is armed with his Cobra Assualt Cannon, "Gun Arm", and Auto-9.

Iron Man is immobile for the first 30 seconds, RoboCop can only use his Auto-9.

XanatosForever
erm Why give RoboCop extra weapons if he can't use them?

Darth Martin
No you misunderstand. For Scenario I & II he gets a certain amount of time(listed in OP) to go offensive on Iron Man(who can't move or do anything) with only his Auto-9. After that time has expired both he and Iron Man can use the weapons listed.

Dr Will Hatch
What's the point of having a battle thread if you have to handicap one of the participants?

Darth Martin
To see if Iron Man's armor is truly armored all around enough for him not to be effected by Murphy's insane targeting. Are there any weak spots is what I'm trying to ask. Btw it's only a 9mm automatic pistol for like 15 and 30 seconds then Iron Man up and running.

Robtard
Iron Man can take tank shell and F-22 raptor rounds, he can also survive being in a bus that's then hit by a large missile.

In short, there is nothing Robocop can do to hurt him with the guns he's packing.

Iron Man also showed that multi-shot auto-targeting weapon that came out of his shoulders. So he targets Robocops face with all 10 rounds. /the end

Darth Martin
Cobra Assualt Cannon might just be near that tank round. I believe Stark vulnerable in the eyes. Especially with the Mark I. I'm betting RoboCop could easily dodge the anti-tank missile.

Also I'm not sure his mouth is a weask spot. It is cybernetic underneath after all. RoboCop is pretty durable himself.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Cobra Assualt Cannon might just be near that tank round. I believe Stark vulnerable in the eyes. Especially with the Mark I. I'm betting RoboCop could easily dodge the anti-tank missile.

Also I'm not sure his mouth is a weask spot. It is cybernetic underneath after all. RoboCop is pretty durable himself.

That arm thing in Robocop 3 was little more than a machine, iirc.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one, Tony showed three weapons, repulsors, shoulder guns and forearm missile. Robocop ain't dodging shit, he's large, bulky and slow.

They kept his head/brain, it's human tissue, hence the reason he needs to eat.

Robocop could potentially take out the Mark I, that's it. Thought that missile and flame thrower in the MK1 could damage him enough.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
Robocop ain't dodging shit, he's large, bulky and slow.

Thought that missile and flame thrower in the MK1 could damage him enough. He never ran in the films. His reaction speed is insane though as he has caught a snipers bullet and reacted extremely fast in the first film when sending that guy flying into the glass in the grocery store.

I seriously doubt that missile on the Mark I will do anything to him.

Rogue Jedi
David versus Goliath much?

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
He never ran in the films. His reaction speed is insane though as he has caught a snipers bullet and reacted extremely fast in the first film when sending that guy flying into the glass in the grocery store.

I seriously doubt that missile on the Mark I will do anything to him.

Which movie did he catch a "sniper's bullet"?

He spun around and that greasy Columbian wasn't moving all that fast. Certainly not a feat of extreme speed/reaction time.

Sustained machine-gun fire was damaging him, so that missile in the right stop could likely damage him severely, take out a joint, blow-off his face.

Rogue Jedi
Wasnt there a scene in IM where Stark took a bullet to the knee and went down? In the beginning, in the first suit?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Wasnt there a scene in IM where Stark took a bullet to the knee and went down? In the beginning, in the first suit?

As he was escaping the cave. He was being shot at by several guns, one on the hillside had a .50 cal.

Robocop could likely take the Mark 1, as it had an open visor and Robo's targeting is dead-on.

Rogue Jedi
As he was escaping the cave. He was being shot at by several guns, one on the hillside had a .50 cal.

Robocop could likely take the Mark 1, as it had an open visor and Robo's targeting is dead-on. The scene in Robocop where he shoots to the side without looking PWNS.

Robtard
The scene in Robocop where he shoots to the side without looking PWNS.

When he storms the cocaine warehouse, he shot most of them without looking. He did first target everyone and store their location into memory. He's still dead-on though, he scored a perfect score in the police station gun-range .

Rogue Jedi
Correction, the scene where dude gets toxic waste dumped on him then hit by the car pwns.

Sadako of Girth
Which movie did he catch a "sniper's bullet"?

I believe that was either Robocop 2 or 3. It was heading for Anne Lewis and Robo grabbed it. I think it may have been a splatetrpunk related incident, which would make my guess the beginning half of 3.

His upper body reactions are brutally fast in those instances, but his legs, as you rightly say are slow as shit and in real terms, trying to avoid Ironman in rapid, released combat he'll lack that manuverablity with those legs..

So sadly, his upper body motors will not do him any good against Stark who will be conducting business from afar.

Sadako of Girth
Correction, the scene where dude gets toxic waste dumped on him then hit by the car pwns.

Correction. The man was right. Shooting wise, that not-even-looking-shooting sideways bit pwned jointly with the rapist getting it in the balls, and the directors cut versions of Murphy's "death" and ED-209's "Pull the boards! Pull the boards!" incident. stick out tongue

Its a classic, iconic, definitive Robocop moment.

The bit you mention Pwns the bits related to driving that the chase/battle before the steelmill with "Can you flyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Bobby...?" leave behind. stick out tongue

Darth Martin
It's a great movie.

RoboCop has the Jetpack in Scenario I & II. Yeah he'll really take Iron Man (Mark I) out like nothing.

Not sure if the other armor's have weak spots. That's why I made this thread.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Correction. The man was right. Shooting wise, that not-even-looking-shooting sideways bit pwned jointly with the rapist getting it in the balls, and the directors cut versions of Murphy's "death" and ED-209's "Pull the boards! Pull the boards!" incident. stick out tongue

Its a classic, iconic, definitive Robocop moment.

The bit you mention Pwns the bits related to driving that the chase/battle before the steelmill with "Can you flyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Bobby...?" leave behind. stick out tongue

haermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.