Transformers vs GORT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
The aliens from 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' (2008) have returned. The condition of the human race has only worsened since their last visit. They once again come back to finish what they started - to completely wipe out humanity.

During this time, the Transformers, Autobots and Decepticons alike must unite together to overcome this new deadly threat.

GORT

http://i31.tinypic.com/2exlzpu.jpg

vs

The Transformers

http://i31.tinypic.com/2zo9rvl.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/9hugwl.jpg

.... .... ..... .....

The aliens, observing the advance technology and weaponary of the Transformers, have decided to send in two GORT units to deal with them.

The Transformers line up (RotF Versions where applicable):

* The Fallen
* Optimus Prime (with Jetfire Upgrade)
* Megatron
* Starscream
* Ironhide
* Sideswipe
* Blackout
* Devastator

^ Battle in deserted city streets.

^ Assume GORT cannot control the Transformers.

^ If the Transformers cannot secure a victory after an hour of battle, GORT will transform into his alternate nanomachines form.

^ Some information on GORT for those who have not seen the film.

Scythe
That reminds me, I have to watch TDTEST(08) as well as the old one.

Rogue Jedi
This beam under GORT's visor, it can disintegrate the transformers?

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
This beam under GORT's visor, it can disintegrate the transformers?

I don't recall the beams disintegrating things.

XanatosForever
I hate to say, but the Transformers stand no chance against even one GORT, let alone two. GORT is a casual planet buster, something neither Autobots nor Decepticons can claim, with the exception of the Fallen and the machine, which I doubt the GORTs would let be activated.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
I don't recall the beams disintegrating things. Well what can he really do then? That link said he was 8 ft tall.

Robtard
Human weapons can hurt the Autobots/Deceps, almost nothing (in theory) can hurt Gort, so he could just stand there for an hour shrugging off attacking, then transform and digest everything in his path.

-Both 1951 & 2008 versions had the disintegration beam out of the visor, the 2008 more exploded things though.

-The 2008 version was taken out by a super-massive EMP blast.

Considering the above, I'd say Gort wins. The Transformer's weapons aren't likely to hurt him enough (if at all) and he has the laser beam, so he can likely hold out until he goes nano-swarm.

Placidity
Originally posted by Robtard

-The 2008 version was taken out by a super-massive EMP blast.

Blackout a solution?

Placidity
Here we go...

IO0kkpnLgLY

His beam destroyed the missiles. Seems to me more of a blast than a disintegrating beam. He also controlled electronic devices with his beams (which I've stated he cannot do in this scenario).

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
Blackout a solution?

The EMP that stopped 2008 Gort was strong enough to wipe-out everything electrical on Earth, I don't think Blackout's in that range of power.

XanatosForever
Hell, the Transformers are lucky they're dealing with '08 G.O.R.T. and not '51 Gort (aka Classic). Classic Gort actually manifested a planet-wide EMP burst which didn't affect him in the slightest. no expression

Placidity
Theres no way I can rectify this is there ? sad

Megatron receives the Allspark and gets to go nuts with it?

XanatosForever
Afraid not. Gort, either version, is one of those deceptively powerful characters that no one ever thinks about. I remember trying this before myself, only I had him go up against Grievous. You can imagine how well that went.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/Xanatos513/BetterFacepalm.gif

Placidity
Yeah, there were other opponents I had in mind, such as Dark Phoenix, Magneto etc. But I wanted to do a little Robo theme, turns out it doesn't work very well.

XanatosForever
Amen to that, brother.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I hate to say, but the Transformers stand no chance against even one GORT, let alone two. GORT is a casual planet buster, something neither Autobots nor Decepticons can claim, with the exception of the Fallen and the machine, which I doubt the GORTs would let be activated.

Unicron, dude.

Unicron.

XanatosForever
Not until part 3. wink

Sadako of Girth
1986 movie feats apply.... and sadly we may only have those.

Bay probably wont do Unicron.

(Unless he is a Honda Civic or maybe a Italian Motor scooter, Military hardware or a randomly created toasterbot in this mythology...which wouldn't surprise me, sadly.)

Darth Martin
Well Gort was unaffected by our military weaponry. But man those are some heavy hitters. Prime w/ Jetfire, 'Tron, Devasator, etc. Not sure who is weaker between Ironhide and Sideswipe mainly b/c I don't remember that much action with Sideswipe. But those two are far weaker than the rest here.

Still gotta say Gort wins. Terrible film his is though.

Kaibs
Agree with teh most of em. Gort wins. The Transformers are cooler to me but Gort is just to badass. Nobody would even be able to move Gort.

Nemesis X
GORT wins due to the fact that he can turn into a swarm that can literally eat anything in less than 10 seconds.

Darth Martin
That was him?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Darth Martin
That was him?

Yeah that was him.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
1986 movie feats apply.... and sadly we may only have those.

Bay probably wont do Unicron.

(Unless he is a Honda Civic or maybe a Italian Motor scooter, Military hardware or a randomly created toasterbot in this mythology...which wouldn't surprise me, sadly.)

I wasn't sure if the feats applied, considering it also fell under the anime genre. Still, I think GORT could handle Unicron.

omgchos
Besides the swarm thing all shut them down as he can control electronic devices. Or just hit them with his laser eye.

BruceSkywalker
the day the earth stood still remake was total shiite..

nothing the tranformers can do here, they lose

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I wasn't sure if the feats applied, considering it also fell under the anime genre. Still, I think GORT could handle Unicron.

T'was till a cinema released movie.

How, without the matrix of Leadership....?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
T'was till a cinema released movie.

How, without the matrix of Leadership....?

Prophecy defense? roll eyes (sarcastic) Surely you can come up with something better. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.