Alex Mercer vs The Apprentice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ryo 666
L.A is the setting. City's been abandoned.

Who wins?

C. C. Cowgirl!
I place my bets on Galen.

NemeBro
Assuming you mean Galen Marek?

C. C. Cowgirl!
That's the only apprentice I know is referred to as Apprentice.

Sin_Volvagia
Mercer has enough tricks up his sleeve to deal with the Jedi. Or the Sith (unless they're those overpowered Masters).

NemeBro
That...Is kind of what Galen is. no expression

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by NemeBro
That...Is kind of what Galen is. no expression

He can close black holes and cause those Force Storms?

NemeBro
There are only two beings in SW who can do those feats.

But by SW master standards, Galen is overpowered.

Ryo 666
I don't remember the Apprentice doing anything so overpowered...

Nephthys
At one point he contemplates knocking over something as big as the jedi temple with a force push. Just for the lulz. no expression

in the book

NemeBro
Originally posted by Ryo 666
I don't remember the Apprentice doing anything so overpowered... He redirected the movement of a Star Destroyer. no expression

Ryo 666
Originally posted by Nephthys
At one point he contemplates knocking over something as big as the jedi temple with a force push. Just for the lulz. no expression

in the book

Well this is the game.

And meh he's got mad power yes but who gives a shit.

Wei Phoenix
Well this is the game.

And meh he's got mad power yes but who gives a shit.

The guy's ass he's beating?

Ryo 666
So your supporting him eh. Anyone else?

C. C. Cowgirl!
So your supporting him eh. Anyone else?

I do. His fight against that Jedi girl is pretty impressive.

Phanteros
Galen can hold his own quite easy

ScreamPaste
Galen's biggest advantage here is that he can potentially keep Mercer the hell away with TK. As for actually killing him, I dunno. A force push and a force crush are different.

MooCowofJustice
Have we ever seen what intense heat does to biomass?

Ryo 666
People keep saying force powers for the Apprentice but who's to say he's gong to use that all the time. He does possess a lightsaber.

MooCowofJustice
That's why I wanted to know if we've ever seen the effects of intense heat on Biomass.

The Light saber is just focused light. Isn't the whole reason it cuts because its such intense heat?

Ryo 666
I dunno, I only watched the films and played a few games.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a big weakness or anything. Just like a regular strike I imagine.

NemeBro
It would cut through him the same way it does anything else.

Q'Anilia
I dunno, I only watched the films and played a few games.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a big weakness or anything. Just like a regular strike I imagine.

no expression

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/47/Quigondoor.jpg

Ryo 666
Thats stabbing it in and holding it there.

Slashing someone with quick strikes wont be enough to melt the guy.

So no expression yourself.

Q'Anilia
Thats stabbing it in and holding it there.

Slashing someone with quick strikes wont be enough to melt the guy.

So no expression yourself.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/RayRaySerza5/Avatars/FuuFacePalm.gif

Ryo 666
smile Wow and your annoyance level just went up. GTFO with that shit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Q'Anilia
I'll remind you that Qui-Gon stabbed straight through that door with utter ease. I've not yet read anything about Mercer that would put him anywhere near that level in terms of durability.

Ryo 666
Nuke...survived.

no expression

Q'Anilia
Nuke...survived.

no expression

Tell me something I didn't know.

Ryo 666
laughing out loud

Q'Anilia
I'm serious. I knew that already. Give me a feat that back your claim up, because that one doesn't.

ArtificialGlory
I'm sure that a lightsaber would cut through Alex just as easily as it cuts through pretty much anything else.

Ryo 666
What claim? The claim that a strike from a lightsaber wont melt him??

Are you serious?

Also I like how you said "read" play the game. Might learn something.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I'm sure that a lightsaber would cut through Alex just as easily as it cuts through pretty much anything else. Obviously.

Q'Anilia
I'm sure that a lightsaber would cut through Alex just as easily as it cuts through pretty much anything else.

Everything points at that so far, yes. Mercer supporters has yet to share a feat that grant him safety from the heat of the Lightsaber.

Q'Anilia
What claim? The claim that a strike from a lightsaber wont melt him??

Are you serious?

Also I like how you said "read" play the game. Might learn something.

You can't ask me to go buy a game I'm not interested in, merely because you who has played it already is too lazy to share a feat. You're supposed to prove your claim, not ask me to find my own proof of it.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Everything points at that so far, yes. Mercer supporters has yet to share a feat that grant him safety from the heat of the Lightsaber.

I'm not saying it can't cut him. Of course it can. Putting words in mouth.

Q'Anilia
I'm not saying it can't cut him. Of course it can. Putting words in mouth.

So what's the nuke feat all about?

Ryo 666
You can't ask me to go buy a game I'm not interested in, merely because you who has played it already is too lazy to share a feat. You're supposed to prove your claim, not ask me to find my own proof of it.

I'm not going to go out of my way to look for feats and stuff for someone who wont even play the game. You don't play it why debate about it. Especially when no ones disagreeing with you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ryo 666
So what's the nuke feat all about?

Proof that a few lightsaber strikes wont beat him. What's with trying to debate about a character you probabably had to wiki at one point?

Q'Anilia
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/RayRaySerza5/Avatars/FuuFacePalm.gif

Ryo 666
Answer to everything you don't know about I see.

GTFO and try playing the game and paying attention to what people are actually saying before acting like a douche again.

Q'Anilia
That's my answer to everything I feel that way about.

You still have to bring up a feat on why a Lightsaber wouldn't melt Mercer upon contact.

Ryo 666
You still havent shown me why he would be melted.

This is quite lopsided. We both watched the films.

But only one of us actualy played the game. smile

Q'Anilia
One moment. Define "melt" in this manner.

ArtificialGlory
One moment. Define "melt" in this manner.

Seeing how lightsabers work, they "cut" through stuff by actually melting it reeeaaaally fast.

Q'Anilia
Seeing how lightsabers work, they "cut" through stuff by actually melting it reeeaaaally fast.

I know what the state of melting is. I just thought about that me and Ryo might've had different views of the level of the process at hand.

I'm talking about melting what of Mercer's body the lightsaber touches. Came to realise that Ryo might have talked about melting the entire body in a single touch.

Ryo 666
Pretty much. But considering he is fine after a nuke I doubt he will have any trouble from a few lightsaber strikes. One strikes going to inflict as much damage as any other blade strike. He will have healed from it or whatever he does a second later.

MooCowofJustice
I'm not even talking about melting. I was just wondering if it had any kind of different effect than blunt force on biomass at all. For all I know, the heat from the light saber could burn the part of the biomass where it was sliced off and he couldn't regenerate from that part.

I doubt that's what would actually happen, but it was just a question.

Q'Anilia
He will have healed from it or whatever he does a second later.

From what I heard, it took more than a second to regenerate from the nuke. In fact, I was told it took a long time.

Ryo 666
Like you said many times.

Irrelevant.

A nuke explosion would have slightly more effect than a few lightsaber strikes.

Ryo 666
Here's the vid of the nuke bit (First click and I found it straight away)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwsrdomusgY

Its about 7 minutes in.

A few hours at most but can't tell how long it took.

Q'Anilia
Liek you said many times.

Irrelevant.

A nuke explosion would have slightly more effect than a few lightsaber strikes.

Not irrelevant.
There's more power in a lightsaber than a nuclear strike. If the nuclear bomb gave out the same level of force that a lightsaber does in it's little area, there wouldn't be any ruins left.

Ryo 666
Proof?

Also if that's true then its condensed to a few strikes, sure it will cut him but he will heal easily.

Q'Anilia
Proof?

Also if that's true then its condensed to a few strikes, sure it will cut him but he will heal easily.

Proof of what? The destructive power of a lightsaber in comparison to a nuclear blast? A lightsaber melts stone, steel and bone where it touches as if it's nothing. A nuclear blast leaves ruins.
Luke Skywalker stated that if the heat of the lightsaber was not contained in the forcefield, it would dissolve the Jedi in an instant, leaving only ashes behind.
That's enough for a clever man to agree with me.

A few hours doesn't sound like "easily" to me.

Ryo 666
Time doesn't mean hard.

Also I said AT MOST.

Theres no reason to say it took hours, just saying thats the maximum time.

That door didn't go easy. Qui took a while and rather slowly.

Even if it was, its irrelevant. Its hitting certain parts not a whole body. Sure it can do damage but that's what Alex goes through non stop. No reason why something that would do a bit more damage to him would it make a different.

MooCowofJustice
I think a lot of people agree it took Mercer absorbing that crow to regenerate.

Q has a good point. A Light saber would have to be hotter than a nuclear explosion. If not, its hotter than the part of the blast Mercer took.

Q'Anilia
Without arms, legs or head, what can Alex do?

Ryo 666
Who's to say he will get the chance to do all that?

From what I can remember Alex moved a bit faster than the Apprentice did.

Q'Anilia
That's under the impression that Mercer would get to move at all. Galen require only one hand to swing his lightsaber, and only one hand to lift a walker.

Ryo 666
Who's to say he will do try to use force and not use a lightsaber?

*Currently inspired to play SFU again*

Q'Anilia
Galen has never been one to hold back on the Force. Besides, even if he would start of with only lightsaber, it wouldn't take long before he decided to hold Mercer with the Force if he couldn't catch him without.

Ryo 666
But before he decides to use it he could have lost a head with his whip power or whatever else.

Lots of speculation on this.

I'm going to play through the game again so I can see some of his feats for myself.

Q'Anilia
Save for precognition, Force reflexes and the ability to sense anything in his presence, he has the Maris Brood fight to fall back on.

Ryo 666
What happened there exactly I forget?

Q'Anilia
She used Force stealth on an adept level and he still proved more than capable enough to take her on.

NemeBro
Without arms, legs or head, what can Alex do? Grow them back.

Lightsaber having more energy than a nuke? Not really...Ruins are left, but that is only because the power of the blast decreases the further you are from ground zero, Alex was 75-100 feet away from it, and the bomb was ten times more powerful than the one dropped above Hiroshima, which puts its energy as about 63 terrajoules...I doubt a saber is stronger.

Foxy Shazam
Alex Mercer is essentially a walking virus shaped like a human. That being the case cutting off his arms or head doesn't hold the same amount of water as it would against an actual humanoid. Mercer's consciousness is retained in even the smallest amount of his mass (as seen when he is nothing but a puddle, and consumed a crow to restore himself). Starkiller is good, but Mercer is stronger, tougher, and faster. Mercer will come back from anything Starkiller throws at him to boot.

P.S some food for thought. This cannot be taken 100% since it didn't actually happen in TFU. Anywho, most of the Force powers in starwars, most noteably the powers that appear to be telekenesis are actually just Jedi manipulating their victims midiclorians. In a Star Wars X-Men cross over these powers had no effect on any of the X-men because they have no midiclorians, because they do not exist outilside of the SWU.

Just a thought.

Q'Anilia
Grow them back.

Lightsaber having more energy than a nuke? Not really...Ruins are left, but that is only because the power of the blast decreases the further you are from ground zero, Alex was 75-100 feet away from it, and the bomb was ten times more powerful than the one dropped above Hiroshima, which puts its energy as about 63 terrajoules...I doubt a saber is stronger.

Grow them back after some time, yes.

Star Wars technology contains force over hundreds, even thousands of terajoules. I can't say what level a lightsaber is on, but the common level of Star Wars weapons stretches beyond the Hiroshima bomb.

ScreamPaste
Random side note about the nuke. Nuke's release a huge amount of energy, but they release it in a spread over 360 degrees on 3 seperate dimensions of space. Thus divide the energy by 360^3 to get an accurate representation of how much was actually focused on Mercer. He's still ****ing durable.

NemeBro
Grow them back after some time, yes.

Star Wars technology contains force over hundreds, even thousands of terajoules. I can't say what level a lightsaber is on, but the common level of Star Wars weapons stretches beyond the Hiroshima bomb. No, grow back. There is no evidence whatsoever of it taking time to regenerate from the nuke, he just needed a crow because he was too small to regenerate from a single tendril, after he began regenerating it only took a few seconds. Mercer's regeneration happens as quickly as he wants it to, that is the nature of his power, he is not so much regenerating as rebuilding his body.

They can deflect blaster bolts, which are certainly not on that level of power. SW tech may stretch beyond our own, sure, in Star Destroyers, or the Death Star, but in personal hand-held weapons? That is just speculation.

Q'Anilia
No, grow back. There is no evidence whatsoever of it taking time to regenerate from the nuke, he just needed a crow because he was too small to regenerate from a single tendril, after he began regenerating it only took a few seconds. Mercer's regeneration happens as quickly as he wants it to, that is the nature of his power, he is not so much regenerating as rebuilding his body.

They can deflect blaster bolts, which are certainly not on that level of power. SW tech may stretch beyond our own, sure, in Star Destroyers, or the Death Star, but in personal hand-held weapons? That is just speculation.

Yeah, it is. Perhaps BFR?

NemeBro
Oh don't get me wrong, I think Galen Marek wins. Just not with a lightsaber. stick out tongue

ArtificialGlory
If Stormtroopers/Droids used M16s instead of those weaksauce blasters, Jedi would be so screwed.

NemeBro
Not really.

ArtificialGlory
Not really.

How so?

NemeBro
Sabers can already block actual firearms, some weapons in the SW galaxy use "slugs," which are basically bullets.

Not to mention SW blasters have been calced at hypersonic speeds apparently.

ArtificialGlory
Sabers can already block actual firearms, some weapons in the SW galaxy use "slugs," which are basically bullets.

Not to mention SW blasters have been calced at hypersonic speeds apparently.

All I know is that blaster shots are slow as hell compared to bullets and M16 fires much more rapidly than a blaster. Blocking bullets wouldn't help either(though I doubt they would manage that in the first place).

NemeBro
All I know is that blaster shots are slow as hell compared to bullets and M16 fires much more rapidly than a blaster. Blocking bullets wouldn't help either(though I doubt they would manage that in the first place). They already easily block bullets. What you doubt has no relevance compared to what has happened.

There are blasters that make an M16 look slow in terms of fire-rate. Jedi easily block those.

Blaster shots are faster than bullets.

Q'Anilia
All I know is that blaster shots are slow as hell compared to bullets and M16 fires much more rapidly than a blaster. Blocking bullets wouldn't help either(though I doubt they would manage that in the first place).

They aren't slow at all, not even in comparison. And Jedi has proven able to block bullets over and over again. Is it the tiny, swift piercing projectile your reason why the shooter has the edge over the Jedi?

Ryo 666
And this is why you should play the games before trying to debate against them.

ArtificialGlory
There is no way in hell a Jedi would be able to block 10 people firing at him with M16. What's blocking a bullet going to do anyway? The Jedi would just get a splash of molten metal in his face.

Q'Anilia
There is no way in hell a Jedi would be able to block 10 people firing at him with M16. What's blocking a bullet going to do anyway? The Jedi would just get a splash of molten metal in his face.

Sure he can. Have him lift up his hand. Problem solved.

And this is why you should play the games before trying to debate against them.

... Pardon?

Ryo 666
You didn't know enough about the character to debate about him, which is why you should stick to characters you play with.

ArtificialGlory
Sure he can. Have him lift up his hand. Problem solved.

I don't think I ever saw a Jedi stop shots fired at him like that.

NemeBro
There is no way in hell a Jedi would be able to block 10 people firing at him with M16. What's blocking a bullet going to do anyway? The Jedi would just get a splash of molten metal in his face. They do it to people firing at him with blasters. Which are faster. Splash of molten metal? Funny. When they block bullets, that does not happen. So no, he would not.

ArtificialGlory
They do it to people firing at him with blasters. Which are faster. Splash of molten metal? Funny. When they block bullets, that does not happen. So no, he would not.

So what happens to the bullets they block anyway?

NemeBro
They get blocked.

That is it.

I assume they are incinerated.

ArtificialGlory
They get blocked.

That is it.

I assume they are incinerated.

As in vaporized?

NemeBro
I suppose so.

ArtificialGlory
I suppose so.

So the Jedi would just end up inhaling considerable amounts of lethal lead vapor.

NemeBro
Doesn't happen when they do it.

Your argument is faulty in that it is already disproven by factual canon evidence.

Also, you do realise Jedi and Sith can filter their breathing so no poisons get through, right?

Ryo 666
So the Jedi would just end up inhaling considerable amounts of lethal lead vapor.

http://studentradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/straws.jpg

Stop grabbing at them.

ArtificialGlory
http://studentradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/straws.jpg

Stop grabbing at them.

Fail.

Ryo 666
True you do.

ArtificialGlory
True you do.

The guy who tells people to go and play the games when his argument falls apart is telling me that I'm the one who's grasping at straws? Now that's ironic. And you, just like George "asshelmet" Lucas, severely underestimate the lethality of heavy metal vapors.

Although if they can filter their breathing, then it's moot.

Q'Anilia
I don't think I ever saw a Jedi stop shots fired at him like that.

Follow the adventures of Darth Vader and you will. He did this against Boba Fett, among other times. This was done to laser shots as well, and you can't possibly say bullets > laser.

Ryo 666
The guy who tells people to go and play the games when his argument falls apart is telling me that I'm the one who's grasping at straws? Now that's ironic. And you, just like George "asshelmet" Lucas, severely underestimate the lethality of heavy metal vapors.

Fall apart? Where?

Yes if they insist on debating about a character they should play the games.

You just said they will die from inhaling lead from the bullets, yeah you can STFU now.

Q'Anilia

A Jedi can survive in water, as well as in poisonous gas and even in vacuum, all by indeed filtering their breathing.

Ryo 666
In the films didn't Obi and Qui have those breathing things for underwater?

MooCowofJustice
Yes if they insist on debating about a character they should play the games.

Shut up.

Ryo 666
I think not.

Q'Anilia
In the films didn't Obi and Qui have those breathing things for underwater?

They did, yes.

Ryo 666
Then they can't filter their breathing if they had to use them...

Or am I misunderstanding you?

MooCowofJustice
I don't think everyone has the money to buy/rent a video game just so they can debate.

Its very easy to look up stuff on YouTube or Google, and plenty of people around here debate without playing games.

So yeah, shut up.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I don't think everyone has the money to buy/rent a video game just so they can debate.

Its very easy to look up stuff on YouTube or Google, and plenty of people around here debate without playing games.

So yeah, shut up.

Youtube fair enough but don't act like you know everything and be so completely sure when you have only been told things. So no shut up to you.

MooCowofJustice
NO U

Ryo 666
NO ME

Wait...

Shit. sad

That NO U thing gets everywhere ay. lol

Q'Anilia
Then they can't filter their breathing if they had to use them...

Or am I misunderstanding you?

So you think that just because two particular Jedi didn't use that particular ability, none can?
Although I must remind you of the start of Phantom Menace and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in the chamber that was filled with gas.

Ryo 666
Well you didn't say if it was a regular thing jedis can do or not. I'm not an expert on Star Wars or anything.

Q'Anilia
Well you didn't say if it was a regular thing jedis can do or not. I'm not an expert on Star Wars or anything.

Have you played KotoR 2?

Ryo 666
No.

WO Polaski
just gonna state that nukes dont put out that much heat. they dont even melt metal very well.

SuperLuigi
galen cant kill alex. so alex wins because galen's frustration clouds his connection to the force allowing an opportunity kill for alex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.