JLA: a good or bad idea?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Indestructible
Well I was thinking a couple months back I wish they would do a JLA film. But the hero's they would use would depend on how good or bad its gonna be. I mean I LOVE Batman and Superman but thats not what the JLA movie would have to be built on. My Idea was this. We have the original six members( Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Arrow) as the movies base. Am I the only one that thinks that Batman and Superman dont have to be in the Jla fim? I mean they are great characters, but I think they would get to much screentime and have it be a Batman/Superman movie. With the original six it would be perfect no one would really have more screen time as the other. And My idea was that we could have possibly Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman be the leader and face some sort of aliens(white martians) or maybe fight a group of criminals(Mirror Master, Ocean Master, Chettah, Dr. Light, Vertigo, and Solom Grundy) Idk but I think that would be pretty cool. But tell me what you guys think.

Raoul
Imo, the JLU cartoon did fine at balancing it all out. You could easily do the same in a movie.

I'd leave it until after GL, Flash and Wonder Woman movies had been done, though. that way they would have built up a more mainstream fanbase...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Raoul
Imo, the JLU cartoon did fine at balancing it all out. You could easily do the same in a movie.

I'd leave it until after GL, Flash and Wonder Woman movies had been done, though. that way they would have built up a more mainstream fanbase...

yeah they should wait until other movies are done and then try to come up with a good story that forms the Justice League

Darth Martin

I'd leave it until after GL, Flash and Wonder Woman movies had been done, though. that way they would have built up a more mainstream fanbase... Cartoons don't have big stars like Christian Bale. It's also just that........a show. Much more deph than a movie would have simply b/c of a movie 2.5 hours and a show is an entire season.

When it comes to JLA I have a trilogy theory.

Film 1: Batman vs Superman: The World's Finest
*Show how Batman and Superman meet. Have Bruce go to Metropolis for a business trip in collaboration with LexCorp. Have Lex and one of Batman's villains team up and Superman and Batman are reluctantly forced to create an uneasy alliance. By the end of the film they have certain trust in each other. Lois is uneasy in that she loves Wayne but hates Batman. She's wildly attracted to Superman but is "meh" about Clark.

(Between Film's 1 & 2 there will be a Woner Woman film.)

Film 2: Trinity
*Lois is with someone else at the moment. Have Wonder Woman show up and the three form the Trinity and have a somewhat of a hinted love triangle between the three.

(Between film's 2 & 3 there will be a Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman film.)

Film 3: JLA
*Introduce Martian Manhunter after an alien race has invaded Earth. Have the "Trinity" meet the other 3 heroes and form a team. By the end of the film the Justice League is formed.

Raoul
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Cartoons don't have big stars like Christian Bale. It's also just that........a show. Much more deph than a movie would have simply b/c of a movie 2.5 hours and a show is an entire season.

i meant individual episodes, of which there are more than a few where most of the team gets equal share of the spotlight.

also, christian bale doesnt have to be in it.

Darth Martin
also, christian bale doesnt have to be in it. IMO he does. You want a sense of continuity or else you'd have to go throught the trouble of revamping everything.

Symmetric Chaos
Cartoons don't have big stars like Christian Bale. It's also just that........a show.

New Frontier pulled in a couple of expensive names to be voice actors, no one huge though.

Personally I dislike the idea of doing live action movies based on JLA style heroes. They don't feel suited to the genera to me.

Raoul
IMO he does. You want a sense of continuity or else you'd have to go throught the trouble of revamping everything.

i just don't see how bale's batman could believably fit in to the kind of world that the JLA inhabit, tbh...

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
New Frontier pulled in a couple of expensive names to be voice actors, no one huge though.

Personally I dislike the idea of doing live action movies based on JLA style heroes. I have no problem with it being animated. Hell, that might be best. I'm a big fan of the Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2 that Marvel put out 3 years ago.

And I was bored to tears with New Frontier. Probably b/c it was Pre-Crisis.

i just don't see how bale's batman could believably fit in to the kind of world that the JLA inhabit, tbh... Fair enough. But would you run the risk with a Smaucher type Batman again. Personally I think get someone who knows the source material like Zach Snyder if you want a Grant Morrison style JLA live-action film.

DC's got to get something lined up other than Batman and Superman if they want to compete with Marvel. If there serious about an Avengers movie, it could be huge. I personally am praying they do Captain America right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.