Private Pool to children of color: White kids only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/ Swim_Club_Turns_Kids_Away_Fearing__Change_of_Compl
exion__Philadelphia.html

They might "change the complexion" of the club. Seriously messed up.

The Dark Cloud
Link doesn't work

Symmetric Chaos
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Pool-Boots-Kids-Who-Might-Change-the-Complexion.html

Darth Jello
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/08/pool-boots-kids-who-might_n_228013.html

Symmetric Chaos
What I don't understand is why they couldn't just ask "brining any negros with you?" before giving them the membership.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What I don't understand is why they couldn't just ask "brining any negros with you?" before giving them the membership.

Simple:

They wanted the money but not the black people that came with it....typical cracker fools.

Bardock42
Messed up, indeed.

KidRock
It's a private pool club, they can do as they choose.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by KidRock

Though this sort of behavior still ought to be condemned.

Darth Jello
Yeah, nothing like whitey picking on kids.

Wild Shadow
i think it is funny and the pool club pl can do what ever they want but if they had told me anything me and my buddies would trash their building. i probably beat the dude for telling me anything of the sort about why i need to leave.

i think the negative press they will be getting will be enough to close the place down when ppl start shunning them.

King Kandy
If there was a law making murder legal in private pool clubs, it would still be wrong.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i think it is funny and the pool club pl can do what ever they want but if they had told me anything me and my buddies would trash their building. i probably beat the dude for telling me anything of the sort about why i need to leave.

Do you wonder why they didn't want black people around?

Acting like rabid animals does nothing to prove that black people are just as good of customers as white people. It is the EXACT opposite of how you want to react, bro.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by dadudemon
Do you wonder why they didn't want black people around?

Acting like rabid animals does nothing to prove that black people are just as good of customers as white people. It is the EXACT opposite of how you want to react, bro.

1st i am not blk 2nd i know why they wanted them gone b/c apparently they were scaring the white kids. 3rd i am a very confrontational/physical person i dont believe about allowing certain behavior to go unpunished b/c they were words or somebody feels that you shouldnt hit ppl b/c you should the bigger person. my way of handling thinks is you do what you want but expect consequences regardless of how you feel ppl should act. pretty much the strong run things the weak should be careful how they behave. evil face

dadudemon
1st i am not blk

LIES! You iz a brotha!

2nd i know why they wanted them gone b/c apparently they were scaring the white kids.

Correcto.

3rd i am a very confrontational/physical person i dont believe about allowing certain behavior to go unpunished b/c they were words or somebody feels that you shouldnt hit ppl b/c you should the bigger person.

I feel very similar. I'd love to bury my fist in lots of faces. But, this is another day and age where people are more "civilized" and sue.

my way of handling thinks is you do what you want but expect consequences regardless of how you feel ppl should act. pretty much the strong run things the weak should be careful how they behave. evil face

This was fine....a thousand years ago.

The strong are those with money or a connection to those with money and the weak are those without it.

You bury your fist in someone's face and you'll end up in jail or worse, prison. That's not including the money you will lose in law suits and legal fees.

Think many times before you decide to knock someone the f*ck out.

KidRock
Originally posted by King Kandy
If there was a law making murder legal in private pool clubs, it would still be wrong.

Though this sort of behavior still ought to be condemned.

Ok, so wag your finger and say they're wrong, protest outside the club for a few days, get al sharpton to speak and call it a day.

It's private property.

I don't see anyone here up in arms about some black-only scholorships that discriminate against other races.

Symmetric Chaos
Ok, so wag your finger and say they're wrong, protest outside the club for a few days, get al sharpton to speak and call it a day.

It's private property.

You act as though doing it on private property ought to justify doing whatever they want with no repercussions. I actually can't think of any system of governance (including anarchy) that supports that absurd notion.

I don't see anyone here up in arms about some black-only scholorships that discriminate against other races.

a) the idea is to equalize not to separate
b) if you think they're unjust you should protest against them as much as you can (and then accept the inevitable protest against yourself)
c) changing the topic doesn't actually support your argument

King Kandy

It's private property.
You could use this kind of logic to defend anything. I can't believe you don't see the difference between being legal and being morally right. Slavery was legal, does this mean you think it's okay?

Maybe because... this thread isn't ABOUT black-only scholarships. Believe it or not some people prefer to debate the actual topic instead of dragging other things in.

Wild Shadow
LIES! You iz a brotha!

This was fine....a thousand years ago.

The strong are those with money or a connection to those with money and the weak are those without it.

You bury your fist in someone's face and you'll end up in jail or worse, prison. That's not including the money you will lose in law suits and legal fees.

Think many times before you decide to knock someone the f*ck out.

its still fine today, when i meant strong i also meant money and connections as well but you also have to have the mentality to act and use your resources in unsavory manner. the last three ppl i knocked out were all upper class preppy bullies... i did it knowing full well they would get the police involved and i still gave them a near death beating and allowed a "friend" of mine to explain the situation to them.

i later allowed them to speak with to on base security/ chain of command and no one wanted to press charges from the highest ranking officer to the lowest ranking MP. thats called power, fear and respect.

those three guys were in fear for their life and realized all the money their mommies and daddy's make dont mean anything when your facing some one who lacks a moral compass similar to your own.

if ppl want to go to court and sue thats fine it doesnt change the fact that they are p@$@$'s and they'll get a worse beating from me later and a visit from my friends or family in the middle of the night.

KidRock
You act as though doing it on private property ought to justify doing whatever they want with no repercussions. I actually can't think of any system of governance (including anarchy) that supports that absurd notion.

They don't have to justify anything. It's their private club, it's their private business..they can run it the way they want to. That's unfortunate for the black people, but there really isn't much they can do about it.

Or I guess you would be cool with me coming over your house and swimming around in your pool without your permission right? You wouldn't try to enforce the rules of your own swimming pool and just let me use it whenever I want, correct?

a) the idea is to equalize not to separate
b) if you think they're unjust you should protest against them as much as you can (and then accept the inevitable protest against yourself)
c) changing the topic doesn't actually support your argument

1. Giving one race benefits over another..really equal, wow.
2. I really don't give a shit, I enjoy pointing out the hypocrisies and ignorance of people who support things like black only scholarships.
3. Providing evidence of another racial issue to point out the hypocrisies of other people isn't changing the topic, nice try though.

Bardock42
It's a private pool club, they can do as they choose. Yeah, still messed up, bro.

KidRock
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, still messed up, bro.

It would be considered morally wrong.

But I also feel a private business should be able to do as they choose. And like I said above, no race of people should feel robbed here, every group has their own private benefits that only they are allowed to use.

Bardock42

But I also feel a private business should be able to do as they choose. And like I said above, no race of people should feel robbed here, every group has their own private benefits that only they are allowed to use.

Though I assume you will hardly argue that all added up the advantages with equal out?

I think that the business should fear severe repurcussions, I think people should stand up, outside protesting it, spreading the word about their racism around everywhere, perhaps getting that thing to close down (since loud black people in front of it must be almost as fearful as their dirty skins inside the water). Because being so blatantly racist is wrong imo, and people shouldn't take it lying down. But you are right, it's a private business and they can do it if they want.

BackFire
"The Creative Steps Day Camp paid more than $1900 to The Valley Swim Club. The Valley Swim Club is a private club that advertises open membership."

False advertising, sue them.

Like what, they thought this wouldn't get headlines? Thought no one would care? Not only are they disgusting racists but they're idiots as well.

Or I guess you would be cool with me coming over your house and swimming around in your pool without your permission right? You wouldn't try to enforce the rules of your own swimming pool and just let me use it whenever I want, correct?

Also this is an extraordinarily stupid false analogy, there is no comparison to be had between your situation and the actual situation other than they both involve a body of water.

These kids aren't just wandering onto private properly randomly and swimming in some resident's pool without their knowledge, they BOUGHT their time via a perfectly legal and valid transaction that the owners of the pool previously agreed to, only to have that transaction retroactively retracted because of their race.

A more fitting analogy would be going to a restaurant, getting seated, ordering food, and then having the owner come out and kick you out for having freckles, saying they'll reimburse you for the money, since that makes it all okay.

King Kandy

Simple question: If there was a law saying people could murder on private property, would you support people doing so?

botankus

i think the negative press they will be getting will be enough to close the place down when ppl start shunning them.
Whatever the you are...white/black/arab/hispanic...please don't come to my house and try to sell me anything. Because if it requires an indoor demonstration, I'm dead.

JacopeX
I was going to say that this is no different than having an african american club with no white people but pools are public facilities and keeping other colors out of certain facilities and labeled for a certain color of people just takes the agenda back to the black codes.

KidRock
Originally posted by King Kandy
Simple question: If there was a law saying people could murder on private property, would you support people doing so?

There are already laws like that.

If someone invaded my home (well say I lived in Texas, I don't know the CT law) I can legally shoot them dead.

Though I assume you will hardly argue that all added up the advantages with equal out?

I think that the business should fear severe repurcussions, I think people should stand up, outside protesting it, spreading the word about their racism around everywhere, perhaps getting that thing to close down (since loud black people in front of it must be almost as fearful as their dirty skins inside the water). Because being so blatantly racist is wrong imo, and people shouldn't take it lying down. But you are right, it's a private business and they can do it if they want.

I am arguing from a purely legal standpoint. These people are clearly racist and despicable. Protests by the white patrons of the pool should really happen, but from a legal perspective these people shouldn't face any charges.

dadudemon
its still fine today, when i meant strong i also meant money and connections as well but you also have to have the mentality to act and use your resources in unsavory manner. the last three ppl i knocked out were all upper class preppy bullies... i did it knowing full well they would get the police involved and i still gave them a near death beating and allowed a "friend" of mine to explain the situation to them.

i later allowed them to speak with to on base security/ chain of command and no one wanted to press charges from the highest ranking officer to the lowest ranking MP. thats called power, fear and respect.

those three guys were in fear for their life and realized all the money their mommies and daddy's make dont mean anything when your facing some one who lacks a moral compass similar to your own.

if ppl want to go to court and sue thats fine it doesnt change the fact that they are p@$@$'s and they'll get a worse beating from me later and a visit from my friends or family in the middle of the night.

That's utter bullshit.

They didn't press charges because they feared you. erm Beyond that, I cannot conclude if the story is truth, why the didn't press charges, etc. But to think that three different military men didn't press charges because they feared for their life is ridiculous.

Symmetric Chaos

If someone invaded my home (well say I lived in Texas, I don't know the CT law) I can legally shoot them dead.

Okay, but this time you invited them over and then shot them dead. Still on private property so it must be morally justified right?

occultdestroyer
http://www.vivalavoiz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/the-negro-community-frowns-upon-your-shenanigans.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
laughing

King Kandy

This isn't a home invasion i'm talking about. If you invited someone over for dinner and then shot them it would be immoral regardless of it's legality.

botankus
Morality is relative, especially on this board. Hell, I've seen someone in the GDF defend statuatory rape and murder because it didn't go against their morals. (note to all knuckleheads out there...that was a general statement and doesn't reflect my views on the matter...thank you for reading my disclaimer)

Bardock does an excellent job of pointing out the relativity of morality by taking outlandish views on sensitive topics. Often, it's such a good job that I have absolutely no clue if he's serious or not.

Da Pittman
A business can throw you out because you are being distributive or being a dick or not serve you if you are not wearing a shirt or you have a foul body order or fitly. All of these things can be considered discrimination. Legally they are correct with their private membership just as the Boy Scouts can not let in girls, gays or Atheists. You can still protest them, talk about them in the news and boycott them all that you like.

jaden101
the last three ppl i knocked out were all upper class preppy bullies... i did it knowing full well they would get the police involved and i still gave them a near death beating and allowed a "friend" of mine to explain the situation to them.

i

Do you actually think anyone believes you when you come out with this utter bullshit?

Da Pittman

if ppl want to go to court and sue thats fine it doesnt change the fact that they are p@$@$'s and they'll get a worse beating from me later and a visit from my friends or family in the middle of the night. That is complete and udder BS, if they didn't press charges on you it is not because of fear and respect if this even happened at all. The UCMJ would have your ass in a sling just for them reporting it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Da Pittman
That is complete and udder BS, if they didn't press charges on you it is not because of fear and respect if this even happened at all. The UCMJ would have your ass in a sling just for them reporting it.

I do doubt that it happened at all, his whole anecdotes seem very fishy to me.

Oh, and it is "utter", udder is the boob of a cow...

Da Pittman
I do doubt that it happened at all, his whole anecdotes seem very fishy to me.

Oh, and it is "utter", udder is the boob of a cow... How do you know I didn't mean that stick out tongue

I was talking about BS laughing

dadudemon
How do you know I didn't mean that stick out tongue

I was talking about BS laughing laughing laughing laughing

That was a good come back.

jaden101
Bulls have udders?

Bardock42
laughing laughing laughing

That was a good come back. That's what I get for trying to help people cry

Da Pittman
That's what I get for trying to help people cry http://thehealthblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cookie.jpg

dadudemon
http://thehealthblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cookie.jpg

That looks DEEEEE lish us.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
Bulls have udders?

No.

And....don't tell that to those who made Barnyard or the television show. It's a secret.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by botankus
Morality is relative, especially on this board. Hell, I've seen someone in the GDF defend statuatory rape and murder because it didn't go against their morals. (note to all knuckleheads out there...that was a general statement and doesn't reflect my views on the matter...thank you for reading my disclaimer)

+1 thumb up

Wild Shadow
That is complete and udder BS, if they didn't press charges on you it is not because of fear and respect if this even happened at all. The UCMJ would have your ass in a sling just for them reporting it.

actually that did happen one of the @$$holes raped a female marine and his two friends went to defend him when i went looking for him. believe it or not nobody gave to sh#@ what they had to say and i was given the thumbs up to do what i had too by my master sgt.

Bardock42
actually that did happen one of the @$$holes raped a female marine and his two friends went to defend him when i went looking for him. believe it or not nobody gave to sh#@ what they had to say and i was given the thumbs up to do what i had too by my master sgt. That's a totally different spin on your earlier story now.

dadudemon
actually that did happen one of the @$$holes raped a female marine and his two friends went to defend him when i went looking for him. believe it or not nobody gave to sh#@ what they had to say and i was given the thumbs up to do what i had too by my master sgt.

That smells retardedly fishy. (Like a puffer fish...those things look retarded when puffed up. lol)

That's a very serious offense, especially for the military, to let that rape slide like that. no expression

Bardock42
That smells retardedly fishy. (Like a puffer fish...those things look retarded when puffed up. lol)

That's a very serious offense, especially for the military, to let that rape slide like that. no expression Like one of those the Japanese eat cause they are crazy and also mentally deficient...?

occultdestroyer
Like one of those the Japanese eat cause they are crazy and also mentally deficient...?
Defending the 'blacks', yet insulting the 'asians'

Europeans roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Defending the 'blacks', yet insulting the 'asians'

Typical European racist mentality. It's okay, I watched Naruto.

Wild Shadow
That's a totally different spin on your earlier story now.

its the same story i just didnt feel the need to be too specific why i did it. most ppl who think that beating raping and murdering ppl will get you sent to jail or court is extremely naive or ignorant to how the world really works. i have bn in plenty of fights in my adult life and have only bn to court once and i won my case. aside from that how stupid or fearless some ppl would need to be to press charges against certain ppl. their is a reason your average person refuse to testify in court when it involves a group of ppl.

now i dont need you guys who probably never bn in a real fight or served in the military to tell me what would happen in the service, since i have seen marines and officers get away with rape, assault, drug use and even accused of murder. due to politics bureaucracy and yes even fear of retaliation from the ppl and or other government branches all they do is transfer the person and keep it quiet like it never happen or lose paper work.. some of you guys need to grow up if you think the world is so black and white and simple.

the reason no one said or did anything to me was because i was a big fish in my area of base with connections going up regimental command the MP's and base security knew who i was from my job title and description and had worked with them in the pass. my captain master sgt, Ssgt. all vouched for me and the MP's and base security made it very clear when they intimidated the three guys when they tried to make a statement. aside from that one of my friends also happen to have a talk to them before hand to their safety if i had gone to the brig.

dadudemon
Like one of those the Japanese eat cause they are crazy and also mentally deficient...?

I dunno....but maybe. Eating a fish, raw, whose poisen can kill a man, many times over, seems rather stupid to me. smile

Bardock42
I dunno....but maybe. Eating a fish, raw, whose poisen can kill a man, many times over, seems rather stupid to me. smile Really depends on the taste...

its the same story i just didnt feel the need to be too specific why i did it. most ppl who think that beating raping and murdering ppl will get you sent to jail or court is extremely naive or ignorant to how the world really works. i have bn in plenty of fights in my adult life and have only bn to court once and i won my case. aside from that how stupid or fearless some ppl would need to be to press charges against certain ppl. their is a reason your average person refuse to testify in court when it involves a group of ppl.

now i dont need you guys who probably never bn in a real fight or served in the military to tell me what would happen in the service, since i have seen marines and officers get away with rape, assault, drug use and even accused of murder. due to politics bureaucracy and yes even fear of retaliation from the ppl and or other government branches all they do is transfer the person and keep it quiet like it never happen or lose paper work.. some of you guys need to grow up if you think the world is so black and white and simple.

the reason no one said or did anything to me was because i was a big fish in my area of base with connections going up regimental command the MP's and base security knew who i was from my job title and description and had worked with them in the pass. my captain master sgt, Ssgt. all vouched for me and the MP's and base security made it very clear when they intimidated the three guys when they tried to make a statement. aside from that one of my friends also happen to have a talk to them before hand to their safety if i had gone to the brig.

I'm sorry dude, but the rape part is a vital part to the story, one that in fact makes some of your earlier statement in the following basically blatant non sequiturs, making it seem like you made up the whole story.

... i did it knowing full well they would get the police involved and i still gave them a near death beating and allowed a "friend" of mine to explain the situation to them.

Also, I don't actually view not having been in a fight as a shortcoming

Also, it is extremely illogical of you to claim that you are well connected and can intimidate people into not pressing charges and being scared of their life, yet also state that there was no other way than to beat them up a bit in repercussion to a rape of your female friend. Where were your connections then?

Wild Shadow

That's a very serious offense, especially for the military, to let that rape slide like that. no expression

the rape was reported to me in confidential counseling, i couldnt divulge her name even if i wanted to. i tried to get her to press charges but she refused due to who the person was i tried to get her to speak to the chaplin and get CSI involved but she wouldnt let me out of fear of her being charged as well for her part in the matter and the act that she felt it would be public.

i informed my command of the incident with the marine but like i already knew they could not do anything unless she was willing to press charges. i was also not allowed to name the ppl involved without it being substantiated. the only thing the military do is have a sexual harassment class and keep an eye on the section where the ppl worked at.

it was my MSsgt who told me sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do and although he is not implying anything he and his office would have my back he also reminded me of the mutual combat clause in the USMC reg.

Da Pittman

the reason no one said or did anything to me was because i was a big fish in my area of base with connections going up regimental command the MP's and base security knew who i was from my job title and description and had worked with them in the pass. my captain master sgt, Ssgt. all vouched for me and the MP's and base security made it very clear when they intimidated the three guys when they tried to make a statement. aside from that one of my friends also happen to have a talk to them before hand to their safety if i had gone to the brig. Yes I have been in the military and from a military family and yes I have been in many fights. My friends in the Navy were on the XO staff and my best friend there was a MAA. This story is much different than your last by FAR, you left out many important details.

From what you are saying is that where you served is dishonorable men and women which is not the norm by far, I have seen people and bigger fish then I'm pretty sure you are get a dishonorable for far less.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by botankus

However morality being relative doesn't apply to whether people should complain or not, unless you wish to posit that no one should ever do anything for any reason.

Bardock42
the rape was reported to me in confidential counseling, i couldnt divulge her name even if i wanted to. i tried to get her to press charges but she refused due to who the person was i tried to get her to speak to the chaplin and get CSI involved but she wouldnt let me out of fear of her being charged as well for her part in the matter and the act that she felt it would be public.

i informed my command of the incident with the marine but like i already knew they could not do anything unless she was willing to press charges. i was also not allowed to name the ppl involved without it being substantiated. the only thing the military do is have a sexual harassment class and keep an eye on the section where the ppl worked at.

it was my MSsgt who told me sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do and although he is not implying anything he and his office would have my back he also reminded me of the mutual combat clause in the USMC reg.

Additional information which make your story again more believable, you should really work on making something you tell fit within itself. Though, the claim that they didn't press charges because they feared for their lifes still seems unsubstantiated.

Da Pittman
Additional information which make your story again more believable, you should really work on making something you tell fit within itself. Though, the claim that they didn't press charges because they feared for their lifes still seems unsubstantiated. thumb up

Wild Shadow
Additional information which make your story again more believable, you should really work on making something you tell fit within itself. Though, the claim that they didn't press charges because they feared for their lifes still seems unsubstantiated.

they were scared poopless from me and my friend who did threaten to do more to them and he wasnt in the military he was my civilian friend who i would allow to handle certain matters for me that i couldnt get involved with take that however you want.

Bardock42
they were scared poopless from me and my friend who did threaten to do more to them and he wasnt in the military he was my civilian friend who i would allow to handle certain matters for me that i couldnt get involved with take that however you want. With a grain of salt then.

dadudemon
its the same story i just didnt feel the need to be too specific why i did it. most ppl who think that beating raping and murdering ppl will get you sent to jail or court is extremely naive or ignorant to how the world really works.

Yeah yeah....but no. It's the exact opposite. Those who think killing a rapist or murderer will not net you trouble with the law are extremely naive or ignorant. It would fall under second degree murder (or even first), especially if you said you itended to beat them to death. no expression

i have bn in plenty of fights in my adult life

I've been in NONE in my adult life because I'm not an idiot.

and have only bn to court once and i won my case.

We know so little of the circumstances and also the fact that you could be lying about everything.

aside from that how stupid or fearless some ppl would need to be to press charges against certain ppl.

Very illogical.

They have entire organizations and lawyers dedicated to child and spouse abuse. Obviously, someone is getting told on. no expression

What you're saying is baseless and questionably anecdotal, at best.

their is a reason your average person refuse to testify in court when it involves a group of ppl.

Evidence?

now i dont need you guys who probably never bn in a real fight

I was a retarded, immature, scrapper, when I was underage. Any excuse was good enough for me to fight. no expression

Turning 18 was the limit. I don't want jail time and I don't want a recod.

or served in the military to tell me what would happen in the service,

I am in a minority in my family. Very few males in my family don't serve in the military. Hell, even my godbrothers served in the military.

Also, at my job, I work around quite a few military personnel and retirees.

You can't tell me what will or will not happen in the military.

Straight up, I call B.S., especially when your superiors and the MP were aware of the situation. MAJOR BS.

since i have seen marines and officers get away with rape, assault, drug use and even accused of murder.

No you haven't. no expression

I could understand you claiming to have seen the drug use or assualt, but if you saw them do any of the other things, you're a horrible person. no expression

due to politics bureaucracy and yes even fear of retaliation from the ppl and or other government branches all they do is transfer the person and keep it quiet like it never happen or lose paper work..

Not for murder, not for rape. Assault, yes. Drug use, yes.

some of you guys need to grow up if you think the world is so black and white and simple.

No one said that or implied it. They did say, however, that you're obviously lying.

Oh, so now they tried to make a statement?

Darth Jello
Back to the topic at hand, there are legal issues:
False advertising, breach of contract, harassment. Not to mention that if this club received ANY public funds or hosted any league sporting events, they're in deep shit.

Symmetric Chaos
How is it breach of contract or harassment?

Darth Jello
harassment- they said rude and racist comments within earshot of the kids. Breach of contract-they voided membership without cause and against their own non-discrimination policies.

dadudemon
How is it breach of contract or harassment?

Dude, he said deep shit.

That automatically makes him right.

Internetz 101.

Red Nemesis
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/0/00/Internettoughguys.gif

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Jello
harassment- they said rude and racist comments within earshot of the kids.

I guess, but that seems frivolous at best.

Breach of contract-they voided membership without cause and against their own non-discrimination policies.

If they kicked them out for being black I doubt that have non-discrimination policies that cover race.

Darth Jello
actually I believe it was stated that they advertised as an inclusive club

occultdestroyer
...I see black people...

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
...I see black people...

..........All the time.. big grin

shiv
In support of W.S.

There are Many amoral and dishonorable people in the Armies of the world.

Reuters news agency reported The unofficial breaches in the Geneva convention in abu graib referencing photographic evidence seized from military personnel in that facility

In addition CNN international has covered beasting in The English Army

Things like water-boarding are illegal but we all know there are military personnel trained in water-boarding.
Although the official stance is nothing of the sort happens and hotlines are available to report misconduct

Everything is O.K.

Originally posted by David Zucchino. The Los Angeles Times. March 08, 2009
From Page I.

In 2005, in response to concerns about sexual assaults against female service members, the Pentagon established the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office. Citing a reluctance among female service members to report rape for fear of stigma or reprisals, the office does not share information with law enforcement or the military command.

From Page II

Of the 115 female service member deaths in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, 16 have been ruled suicides. Overall, 205 of the 4,868 military deaths in those wars through Jan. 31 were ruled suicides. The 128 reported Army suicides in 2008 was the highest annual level since the Pentagon began keeping track of suicides in 1980.

Col. Ann Wright, a former U.S. diplomat accuses the military of withholding evidence pointing to sexual assaults and other attacks on female service members.

She contends that the military has been too quick to close the cases of some women's deaths as suicides without first conducting thorough homicide investigations. She accuses the military of stonewalling families who question its findings.

"What the military is doing is egregious," she said. "In many cases, they have the information the families want but refuse to release it. These families are really fighting upstream."

Joy Priest, whose daughter Pfc. Tina Priest, 20, was found dead in Iraq in March 2006, said the Army had not convinced her that Tina killed herself with her M-16, as an investigation found. She died two weeks after accusing a male soldier of raping her.

Priest said it took the Army almost six months to provide her with investigative documents and nine more months to supply color photos of the autopsy and death scene.

"They have you jump through hoops, then they back you up and make you jump through more," Priest said. "It's so painful -- just mind-bending."

Col Wright said she believed there were enough unanswered questions to warrant new investigations.

shiv
i guess your liasion wasn't much interested in slipping on an orange peel, landing face first on her MI6 and accidentally setting herself on fire.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by shiv
In support of W.S.

There are Many amoral and dishonorable people in the Armies of the world.

Reuters news agency reported The unofficial breaches in the Geneva convention in abu graib referencing photographic evidence seized from military personnel in that facility

In addition CNN international has covered beasting in The English Army

Things like water-boarding are illegal but we all know there are military personnel trained in water-boarding.
Although the official stance is nothing of the sort happens and hotlines are available to report misconduct

Everything is O.K. Yes we know, but the problem was with the first description of the event to the second. Very different which completely changes the story. Yes there are bad people in the military as well as in local law enforcement. The military has a unique situation that others do not have, many things like getting your butt kicked for doing something stupid is common but not discussed practice and many times solves an issue as to not report it to the military authorities. This also works in reverse as well as it only takes the slightest offense to get you into the brig or kicked out or put into civilian courts. The UCMJ has a lower degree of proof that is needed to convict then the civilian courts. You can even be guilty in the UCMJ under Article 15 even before you go to civilian court for a DWI and you could even be hit with disobeying a lawful order to two before the civilian court.

shiv
I do not see any inconsistencies

Civilians refer to military police as military police.

When you're in the army its natural to drop the prefix and just say police or mps or whatever

W.S. did not go into too much detail in his first retelling of the event. He can be penalised.

Whatever you may like to believe there is vigilante justice in the army and the fear of "unfortunate accidents" can put candidates for vigilante justice in fear of their lives

Wildshadow says he beat them up just short of serious injury.

There are soldiers as seen from msnbc who will kill to avoid the consequences for their actions.

Given the brutality of vigilante justice the people punched by W.S. were entitled to feel fear at the outcome of said 'justice'

From rules laid down by the top brass W.S. couldn't tell his superiors
His superiors couldn't listen or act without severe penalties

Without a report they turned a blind eye to W.S.'s extra curricular activities whilst stonewalling and browbeating the suspects to protect W.S.

It sounds as though W.S.s sgt major and superiors were good men/women but clearly they couldn't get involved personally because of regulations.

Da Pittman
Huge difference between the first story and the second. The first sounds like he just beat up a couple of guys for the hell of it and that because he was a "big" fish they wouldn't do anything. The second is that these people raped someone and were going to get away with it because she wouldn't press charges. Major difference there.

There is also a major difference in in obeying a lawful order and unlawful one.

While it does happen a lot in the military, street justice is still that. Having your Sgt. imply that he wants you to go kick the crap out of someone is different then just doing in and relying on your "big fish" status to save you.

Yes there is crap that goes on in the military, I have already said that but it is not the norm. I could tell you many stories of people that were high ranking officers that got the can because of small things or even things that would make the military look bad. I knew of a Commander that lost a rank just for having sex with a female yard bird on a ship that was not even active.

shiv
As I said earlier

It sounds as though W.S.s sgt major and superiors were good men/women but clearly they couldn't get involved personally because of regulations.

Da Pittman
As I said earlier...
There is also a major difference in in obeying a lawful order and unlawful one.

First story: They would have been wrong to intimidate and to threaten the men that he beat up, he would have been completely in the wrong with no justification. You may have been confused that he posted his second story while I was replying to the first.

Second story: He was still in the wrong but personally justified in his actions by his own set of moral and that of his Sgt.

shiv
same story referenced briefly in an effort to remain on topic then explained to greater detail in subsequent posts

dadudemon
W.S. did not go into too much detail in his first retelling of the event. He can be penalised.

Whatever you may like to believe there is vigilante justice in the army and the fear of "unfortunate accidents" can put candidates for vigilante justice in fear of their lives

Wildshadow says he beat them up just short of serious injury.

There are soldiers as seen from msnbc who will kill to avoid the consequences for their actions.

Given the brutality of vigilante justice the people punched by W.S. were entitled to feel fear at the outcome of said 'justice'

From rules laid down by the top brass W.S. couldn't tell his superiors
His superiors couldn't listen or act without severe penalties

Without a report they turned a blind eye to W.S.'s extra curricular activities whilst stonewalling and browbeating the suspects to protect W.S.

Almost every last bit of that is complete rubbish. That is not how it works. This is border-line fanciful mafia bullshit. You're dramatizing and trying to add a degree of mystery to the USMC. Sure, ass kickings happen and often. But rape is ridiculously serious inside the USMC. Those "three" guys are lucky the sgtmaj didn't kick their ass, personally. (Yes, that's exaggerating.) If there was an alleged rape, and then ass kicking's surrounding the ordeal, it would border on disorder among the marines..especially if a civilian was involved in the mess. That whole thing would have been serious business. There is hella increased efforts to quickly "handle" these issues. They don't want this to end up being found out by the civilians.....aka....the media.

Now, if this was more than a decade ago, then, I would have to eat my words. However, I don't think W.S. is that old.

Da Pittman
same story referenced briefly in an effort to remain on topic then explained to greater detail in subsequent posts Not quite the same, you tell me if these two examples are the same.

1. A guy shoots another guy on the street corner talking on the phone.
2. A police officer chasing down a child molester sees the molester talking on the phone at 5th and Main trying to sell a kid that he kidnapped and shoots him in the leg and puts him under arrest.

Now do these sound like the same story to you???

shiv
1 a scaled down version told in 13 words.

2 a fuller account told in 38 words.

Da Pittman
1 a scaled down version told in 13 words.

2 a fuller account told in 38 words. You really like to flame threads don't you. stick out tongue

First story leads to many assumptions based on the little information provided, second story is more complete and leaves little room for misinterpretation. I could tell the same story by your logic with two words "A guy". Same story just shortened for simplicity sake. messed

shiv
1 word: gunshot.

500- 1000 words: column in the New York Times/Time Magazine/The Economist/Newseek

200 000 words: mass market paperback/hardback

Da Pittman
1 word: gunshot.

500- 1000 words: column in the New York Times/Time Magazine/The Economist/Newseek

200 000 words: mass market paperback/hardback Your point is?

One letter "A"

Ushgarak
Keep this on topic please.

shiv
thumb up

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Keep this on topic please. How dare you such an ugly word here, a topic on topic is there such a thing?Originally posted by shiv
thumb up thumb up

chomperx9
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/ Swim_Club_Turns_Kids_Away_Fearing__Change_of_Compl
exion__Philadelphia.html

They might "change the complexion" of the club. Seriously messed up. racist

Bardock42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9vvaSL570E

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud Though I guess 60 getting into the pool at once might have been a safety issue.

dadudemon
laughing out loud Though I guess 60 getting into the pool at once might have been a safety issue.

This is true. I never thought about it that way. Unless the pool is huge, that's way too many people at once...but refunding the money was a bad choice. They could have said, there's too many people here, already. Come back in an hour or so and we'll ask this group to cut their time a little shorter to give you guys more time."

Da Pittman
I like how no one is still bitching about the Boy Scouts anymore but this little pool is getting attacked. messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.