Marquis of Death vs thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
battle to the death ko, takes place on a future dead world of earth ship is in orbit.

1. no prep random encounter when thanos and skreet investigates the incident. MoD has his apprentice

2. both aware of each other and prep for the encounter.

3. thanos and MoD fight alone.

Charmander
Right now, Marquis easily.

Which might change in the next couple of issues...

illadelph12
Hmm...

Wasn't there scans showing that Thanos is immune to reality warping/manipulation? I believe he was travelling through several planes of reality and his being was altered and he simply tanked it and reverted back to normal.

illadelph12
Also, as an aside, who is his apprentice? Franklin Richards?

Charmander
Originally posted by illadelph12
Hmm...

Wasn't there scans showing that Thanos is immune to reality warping/manipulation? I believe he was travelling through several planes of reality and his being was altered and he simply tanked it and reverted back to normal. It was in Thanos Quest, when he was going to IB's prison at the nexus of realities.

Originally posted by illadelph12
Also, as an aside, who is his apprentice? Franklin Richards? Hmm, I'd forgotten all about his apprentice. It might very well be.

Enyalus
If Franklin Richards is his apprentice....ugh, that would be immensely lame. Dr. Doom to Franklin Richards.

That's too immense a downgrade to even fathom.

id369
No real clue as to who the Apprentice is. Gut feeling tells me its someone we know.

illadelph12
I wouldn't be surprised if it were a future version of Franklin. Turning Franklin evil would really hurt Reed and Sue. Given that Clyde and Franklin have essentially the same powers it stands to reason.

Enyalus
Yeah, but in the last issue of FF, doesn't the Marquis tell him that he wants Sue to be alert when he makes her choose between Franklin and Valeria?

I mean, if it was Franklin...that'd be cold blooded.

illadelph12
It could be the domino that tips Franklin to the dark side per Clyde's overall scheme. Even if it were possible for Clyde to kill Franklin he could always just resurrect him. Either way Sue chooses Franklin could perceive that as his parents would sacrifice their children when the odds were stacked against them. No telling what manipulation Clyde's already done to his mind assuming it's him. They had been travelling the multiverse and time slaughtering variants of Sue, afterall.

D_Dude1210
Your sig's pixelated Eny... :-/

Enyalus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Your sig's pixelated Eny... :-/
The imperfections are what make it full of testosteroneness.

Charmander
Originally posted by Enyalus
Yeah, but in the last issue of FF, doesn't the Marquis tell him that he wants Sue to be alert when he makes her choose between Franklin and Valeria?

I mean, if it was Franklin...that'd be cold blooded. He also told Reed to kill him when he was hooked up to that machine...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Charmander
He also told Reed to kill him when he was hooked up to that machine...
Sure, but he was betting on him not having the testicular fortitude to do so.

Bouboumaster
Right now, Marquis of Death stomp

Knowsbleed33
Ehhh, Wynchams on panel feats in a canon book aren't all that impressive.

I guess he could always turn Thanos' heart into stone.

guy222
Marquis

Charmander
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
I guess he could always turn Thanos' heart into stone. Isn't it already? http://i.pbase.com/o5/75/719875/1/69593081.WJRVitYB.rimshot.gif

no expression

KuRuPT Thanosi
MOD wins
prep battle Thanos would come up with something as usual.

id369
Ehhh, Wynchams on panel feats in a canon book aren't all that impressive.

I guess he could always turn Thanos' heart into stone.
Are you saying that his feat of manipulating reality in 1985 should be voided "Scathan the Exitar"?

occultdestroyer
Marquis of Death easily.

With prep, Thanos takes it.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by id369
Are you saying that his feat of manipulating reality in 1985 should be voided "Scathan the Exitar"?

Absolutely since it's a non-canon story. You cling to that Millar interview like it's the gospel "ido".

guysangel
Clyde

id369
Absolutely since it's a non-canon story. You cling to that Millar interview like it's the gospel "ido".
I rather you call me Id. I wish, I could be called across all forums.

Simply because his feat took place outside Reality 616, makes it non cannon?

Or am I missing something?

Raptor22
knowsbleed i was under the impression that 1985 was cannon what makes u say it isnt?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raptor22
knowsbleed i was under the impression that 1985 was cannon what makes u say it isnt?
Takes place in an alternate universe. It isn't canon to 616....until he was introduced into the 616 universe in FF.

Which makes what Clyde did in 1985 canon.

id369

He states that their is no real connection between the Marquis (Fantastic Four) and Clyde (Marvel 1985).

And because Marvel 1985 took place outside the 616 reality. Its a non-cannon event, making his feat moot and non-cannon.

Am I following this well "Scathan the Exitar"?

Galan007
i haven't really been keeping up wif teh marvle.

can someone update me on this "marquis of death" thingy? what puts it above thanos?

id369

Raptor22
the final issue of old man logan hasnt come out yet has it?

id369
the final issue of old man logan hasnt come out yet has it?

Noe it comes out in....crap I forgot the date. sad

Raptor22
thanks id, they kept changing the release dates and said the last one was going to be a special giant sized issue but i never could find a definative release date. Please let me know if u remember.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.