Best Comic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
Hands down, best comic you've ever read. Since this thread has probably been done before, let's try and mix it up a little.

Best single comic:
Best storyline:
Best comic (title):
Best crossover:

Feel free to elaborate on your choices! I'll add mine after a while.

ankur29
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Best single comic:
Best storyline:

what is the comic where tim drakes dad is killed , and batman tries to get flash to get there but flash is unavaible ?

Alpha Centauri
Hands down, best comic you've ever read. Since this thread has probably been done before, let's try and mix it up a little.

Best single comic:
Best storyline:
Best comic (title):
Best crossover:

Best single comic: Gonna say Watchmen, since it was a limited series compiled into one more sensible book.
Best storyline: Watchmen again.
Best comic (title): Deadpool (As written by Joe Kelly or Gail Simone).
Best crossover: Infinity Gauntlet.

-AC

Nihilist
Best single comic:
Best storyline: Sandman
Best comic (title): Thor
Best crossover: Secret Wars/Infinity Gauntlet

id369
Best single comic:

Cant think of a Single Title.
Best storyline:
Cable and Deadpool #7-10 "burnt offering."

Best comic (title):
Spawn God Slayer. Creating an entirely different world with some of the Spawn mythos. I have yet to come across a modern title, that can deliver a combination of art, plot, and character.

Best crossover:
Sinestro Corp War.

Galan007
best single comic: "amazing spider-man" v2 #36 ('the black issue')
best storyline: "sandman"
best comic (title): "lucifer"
best crossover: "final crisis" (if it counts)

willRules
Best single comic: Too difficult, there have been soo many. Spider-man Redemption #4 was very heart wrenching (conclusion to the Ben Reilly vs Kane feud thingy)
Best Storyline: Millar's run on Ultimates but if I have to be more specific....umm...the Homeland Security arc.
Best Comic title: Brubaker's run on Cap. However over their respective histories, Daredevil's been awesome as has Spidey and uncanny X-men.
Best Crossover: Civil War was good. As was Sinestro Corps War. My personal fav might be the Morlock Massacre yes

Digi
Sandman for the first two for me. Not sure about the others.

Allankles
Best Single Comic: No Idea (Edit: maybe The Hunger Dogs)
Best Storyline: Incal: The Epic Conspiracy
Best Comic Title: Godland
Best Crossover: Final Crisis

jalek moye
Best single comic: Pride of Baghdad
Best storyline: All star superman
Best comic (title): Cable and Deadpool
Best crossover: Infinity Guantlet

Allankles
Loved pride of baghdad, good to see someone else on KMC read it too.

jalek moye
It is my favorite comic as you can see

Mindship
Best single comic: FF#72
Best storyline: FF original Galactus arc (close second: DC's OWAW)
Best comic (title): Superman/Batman
Best crossover: First Superman-Hulk fight

Symmetric Chaos
Best Single Comic: No idea
Best Storyline: Sandman
Best Comic: JLA or JSA from the 90s
Best Crossover (sorta): Seven Soldiers

Kento
Best storyline: City at War (TMNT)

Best comic (title): Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Image)

willRules
Originally posted by jalek moye
It is my favorite comic as you can see

The art in Pride of Baghdad was the highlight for me. I thought it was breathtaking yes

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Best Comic: JLA or JSA from the 90s

I just bought volumes 1 and 2 of the JLA deluxe editions. I never got round to reading JLA and the deluxe editions collect around two trades at a time plus some annuals and stuff.

It's awesome. I love how each and every member of the JLA gets a cool moment where they look like a Badass. It could be Wonder Woman preventing an Angelic Armageddon or Batman taking down four white martians who rival Superman in power right on to Connor Hawke stuck in the watchtower fighting for his life using GA's trick arrows, everything about JLA was just awesome.

Now, with Mcduffie it blows. I was looking forward to Robinson but his "Justice" miniseries is disappointing after 1 issue so we'll see.....

I think that Grant Morrison has two modes of writing. Batman RIP/Final Crisis/The Filth which can be really brilliant or terrible. His other mode is the much better style where he just barrels through a storyline and uses the quirky concepts as side-notes to the main plot. This is like Batman and Robin or like JLA.

Raoul
Best single comic: Superman 217. Singlehandedly got me back in to Superman.
Best storyline: The Zoom Linda miscarriage Rogue War run of Flash. Pure awesome.
Best comic (title): At the moment? Green Lantern.
Best crossover: Even though it was shite, Onslaught, failing that, Sinestro Corps or Annihilation.

The Nuul
Best Single Comic: Uncanny X-Men 268
Best Storyline: Frank Millers run on DD.
Best Comic: At the moment Green Lantern.
Best Crossover: Sinestro Corps

theICONiac
Best Single Comic: GL # 25
Best Storyline: Sinestro Corp War
Best Comic: Green Lantern
Best Crossover: IT'S GONNA BE 'BLACKEST NIGHT'...no point in talking about any others...

Let's dance!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

leonidas

Best single comic:
Best storyline:
Best comic (title):
Best crossover:

single comic: ?? still thinking (the single book i looked most forward to arriving in the store was thor 350 i think--maybe 349 . . . that's a little different from FAVE book though.)

storyline: ?? still thinking

best comic: i really really enjoyed PLANETARY

best crossover: meh, call me a sucker but i loved marvel vs dc--i'd been waiting for it for SSSOOOOOOOOOO long. maybe didn't live up to the wait, but still--the idea of it was amazing after wishing for something like it since i was a kid.

Martian_mind
Best single comic:I'm leaning towards an issue of Under the Hood or The Demon #8, an all-singing extravaganza set in hell.
Best Storyline:It was the first arc I ever read,and it created one of my fave characters-Under the Hood.
Best Comic:I'm torn between Jack of Fables/Fables/Invincible/Nova
Best Crossover:Infinite Crisis/Annihilation/Sinestro corps war.

Kris Blaze
I'm having a mighty hard time deciding on these.

Best single comic: New X-men 150 or 137 possibly, Thor 352 and Thor v2 85 are also awesome.
Best storyline: Have to go with "A death in the family" or "Planet x"
Best comic: Uncanny X-men
Best crossover: Onslaught Saga or Age of Apocalypse

SevenShackles
Best single comic: thunderbolt issue where greengoblin pwns swordsman
Best storyline: Emperor Joker/ Annihilation/ The Hood: blood from stones/ we3
Best comic (title): Green Lantern/ Invincible/ thor
Best crossover: Identity Crisis / infinity gauntlet /

Enyalus
Best single comic: Unoriginal maybe, but what immediately comes to mind is Crisis on Infinite Earths #7. Amazing issue. And a personal, sentimental favorite: "Yule Memory" in Marvel Holiday Special '93.
Best storyline: Almost hands down for me, Secret Wars. I think Kris mentioned X-Men's "Planet X," that's up there for me, too. Another sentimental favorite: "I, Thanos" in Marvel Comics Presents #108-111.
Best comic (title): Either the first full volume of Deadpool, or, in another vein, Lucifer.
Best crossover: Wildstorm Rising! Or Annihilation.

Bouboumaster
Annihilation was awesome indeed

Kris Blaze

Best single comic: New X-men 150 or 137 possibly, Thor 352 and Thor v2 85 are also awesome.

I feel the need to elaborate on my selection of "Best comic ever" Uncanny X-men is what got me to reading comics in the first place. When I found X-men comics at my cousin's place around the age of 3 and whenever I read the older uncanny X-men, it's pure gold. Even if there have been weak moments and slips of quality, the heart and core of Uncanny X-men is brilliance.

As far as the comic of highest quality goes, Lucifer takes it home. Beating Sandman by like an inch.

Juntai

Best single comic:
Best storyline:
Best comic (title):
Best crossover:

Action 775.
Sandman.

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
Action 775. nice choice. thumb up

i'd also like to add a personal favorite of mine to the 'best storyline' section, and that is, "all-star superman." every single issue was excellent.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
nice choice. thumb up

i'd also like to add a personal favorite of mine to the 'best storyline' section, and that is, "all-star superman." every single issue was excellent. Yeah, that's a good nomination @ All Star.

I don't think anyone mentioned 52 before me either. I thought when it was all said and done, and looking at the complete work, was one of the best series' I ever read. And the idea that it didn't take 7 years to write it/for us to own it, is just incredible.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Nihilist
Best single comic:
Best storyline: Sandman
Best comic (title): Thor
Best crossover: Secret Wars/Infinity Gauntlet Best single comic Watchmen#6

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
Yeah, that's a good nomination @ All Star.

I don't think anyone mentioned 52 before me either. I thought when it was all said and done, and looking at the complete work, was one of the best series' I ever read. And the idea that it didn't take 7 years to write it/for us to own it, is just incredible. yeah, now that i've gone back and reread it as a whole, 52 was pretty good - especially when you consider how fast it was written.

WhoopeeDee

Best single comic:
Best storyline:
Best comic (title):
Best crossover:

Yeah, been done before...but I'll try something different.

Best single comic: Brave and the Bold # 197 (this was the issue that every Bruce and Selina fan wanted...so good it was in Batman Greatest Stories Ever Told)
Best storyline: Heart of Hush.
Best comic book: Jonah Hex
Best crossover: Usually this would go to COIE....I'd go with The Final Night.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Yeah, been done before...but I'll try something different.

Best single comic: Brave and the Bold # 197 (this was the issue that every Bruce and Selina fan wanted...so good it was in Batman Greatest Stories Ever Told)
Best storyline: Heart of Hush.
Best comic book: Jonah Hex
Best crossover: Usually this would go to COIE....I'd go with The Final Night.

Who are you???

Priest
Favorite Comic :Captain Marvel #26 or Thor #300 or #387
Best storyline: Not sure
Best comic: Currently Thor/ Deadpool
Best Cross Over: Infinity Guantlet and COIE

The Nuul
Who are you???

Its WD you silly man.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by The Nuul
Its WD you silly man.

OH!

Where has he been?

The Nuul
OH!

Where has he been?

Hes no longer a mod and stepped away from KMC for personal issues/working I do believe.

Ask him.

WhoopeeDee
Actually I'm WrathfulDwarf's evil twin Alter ego.

ninja

Philosophía
Best single comic: Batman #681
Best storyline: Superman Beyond/All Star Superman
Best comic (title): Lucifer
Best crossover: Final Crisis

The Nuul
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Actually I'm WrathfulDwarf's evil twin Alter ego.

ninja

Oh, its you again.

xJLxKing
Best single comic: Death Of Superman
Best storyline: Sinestro Corps War (Soon to be Blackest night)
Best comic (title): JLA, or Green Lantern
Best crossover: I have no idea

Galan007
i doubt many people have been keeping up with "The Mighty." if not, i highly recommend you do so, asap.

it is honestly shaping up to be one of the better series' i've read in a very long time - every issue leaves me wanting more the morbid/sinister twists and turns the main character 'alpha one' has taken throughout the past few issues is, oddly enough, quite refreshing. he is both the protagonist AND antagonist all wrapped up into one very well written character.

Endless Mike
Best single comic: Swamp Thing v2 #50
Best storyline: American Gothic
Best comic (title): Lucifer
Best crossover: The original Secret Wars

Kris Blaze
Any more favourites?

Alpha Centauri
I'm going to say Brubaker's/Diggle's Daredevil runs.

Outstandingly good.

I think Brubaker's Captain America work is up there as one of my favourite runs of recent times. Well, it is.

Also, anything Dan Abnett touches. Because he's just on fire.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I have a comic/music (Primarily comic) review blog. I'm considering some guest contributors now and then. Just throwing it out there.

If you write and you're interested, let me know.

Not Battlehammer, but I'll accept Kris Blaze. I do have limits.

-AC

Kris Blaze

Best comic: Uncanny X-men or Lucifer
Best crossover: Annihilation
I also need to nominate Silent War #6 as one of my favourite single issues. When Maximus reveals his master plan, it's just incredible.

JakeTheBank
Best single comic: Green Lantern v3, #50. The culmination of Hal's descent into madness and grief was some pretty emotional stuff. I mean, seeing Hal break down in tears, a grown man who was essentially without fear, affected me in a way not many comics have since. And watching him turn on the Corps and Guardians was gripping for me, especially after growing up reading older GL titles when I got my hands on them. Despite the fact it was later explained that Parallax was the embodiment of fear, the story is still probably one of the best GL tales of all time.

Best storyline: A toss up between Kingdom Come or Justice. KC was a harrowing tale of the future of heroics whereas Justice was the definitive Justice League story. The fact that Captain Marvel, a longtime favorite character of mine, was given first class treatment like never before (in both storylines) was also a plus.

Best comic (title): Thor. It doesn't get more epic than Thor. From the early Kirby/Lee days on up, I've not been let down yet.

Best crossover: To date, Sinestro Corps War, though I'm sure Blackest Night will eclipse that.

Galan007
Bump.

I just read Supergod for the first time (don't know why I hadn't until now.) One word describes it: "Amazing."

If you haven't read it, I highly suggest doing so. It's extremely well done from all angles.

Scoobless
Best single comic: Ultimate X Men 41. Nice one off story about a kid who can't control his power and kills his whole town.
Best storyline: KC passes the re-read test.
Best comic (title): Always look forward to Invincible.
Best crossover: I liked Onslaught, probably because it was when I started reading comics and was the first crossover I bought/read.

krisblaze

Onslaught SAga and Age of Apocalypse as best crossover.

This guy was phucking clueless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.