Black Panther vs Gamora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
random encounter, ko, kill.

Harbinger
Gamora.

Enyalus
This is spite in Gamora's favor.

The only way he'd ever beat Gamora would be in a BP book written by Hudlin.

Wild Shadow
his vibe suit could protect him from her blows, just saying.. sad shifty

Enyalus
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
his vibe suit could protect him from her blows, just saying.. sad shifty
Godslayer > Vibranium suit. shifty

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Enyalus
Godslayer > Vibranium suit. shifty
with no godslayer black panther>gamora roll eyes (sarcastic)

illadelph12
Hmm.

Does T'Challa get to use the Ebony Blade, or just his standard energy daggers?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by illadelph12
Hmm.

Does T'Challa get to use the Ebony Blade, or just his standard energy daggers?

i dont really care i let it open to interpretation so we could discuss all the options. wink

illadelph12
Hmm...

In my opinion, Gamora's the better fighter, but not by such a wide margin that T'Challa would be completely outclassed, helpless, and curbstomped. His armor would offer some protection from nerve strikes and other melee damage. It's Godslayer that's the problem. T'Challa doesn't carry the E.B. with him normally, so in a "random encounter", unless it happened to be in his home/Wakanda, I don't think he'd fare very well in a protracted battle. I'd give Gamora a solid majority. With the E.B., I think T'Challa may be able to get 3-4 (assuming the E.B. enchantment to be able to cut through anything includes being able to cut Godslayer if the two blades clashed).

Enyalus
I don't think Black Panther would ever be able to tag her, Delph. She's got bonafide superspeed and uses it in combat. And she's taken down better opponents with uber weapons than BP before. Like Terrax w/ his axe. And Ronan with his hammer.

(Okay, that last was a stalemate, but w/e).

jalek moye
She is not only a better fighter but she is better in every physical aspect

She stomps

KuRuPT Thanosi

QFT.

Kris Blaze
Gamora.

Get real people.

illadelph12
I don't think Black Panther would ever be able to tag her, Delph. She's got bonafide superspeed and uses it in combat. And she's taken down better opponents with uber weapons than BP before. Like Terrax w/ his axe. And Ronan with his hammer.

(Okay, that last was a stalemate, but w/e).

Panther's not exactly slow himself, and he's not dumb either. I think he could mount an offensive to ensure a victory with the right equipment and circumstances a couple of times, and even in the matches he loses Gamora would have to work a lil bit.

jalek moye
Panther's not exactly slow himself, and he's not dumb either. I think he could mount an offensive to ensure a victory with the right equipment and circumstances a couple of times, and even in the matches he loses Gamora would have to work a lil bit.
how she is better in every area except intellegence.

celestialdemon
Gamora stomps BP 10/10.

BruceSkywalker
poor T'challa, he gets beat up bad.. Gamora 10/10

Charmander
with no godslayer black panther>gamora roll eyes (sarcastic) Gamora is a better fighter
Gamora is faster
Gamora is a lot stronger than him
Gamora is more durable by far (taking into account the suit)... do I have to mention surviving in a sun?
Gamora has a healing factor
Etc
Black Panther is Smarter...

BP>Gamora?

darthgoober
Gamora wins everytime and with ease...

Survivor19
Gamora ftw

Prep-Man
Black Panther can make her work for it (proper suite), but Gamora still takes it. at least 8/10.

basilisk
Hudlin Panther would win, somehow. He would state that in Wakanda, even young children and circus performers have martial arts abilities comparable to hers. Then she would let slip a barely disguised racist slur, allowing him to seize the high moral ground. After making short work of Godslayer with his vibranium claws he would break her knee caps and then punch her lights out.

Against current Gamora average Panther would have no chance though.

Warrior18
laughing out loud

Marvelknight
Gamora

Bouboumaster
Gamora stomp his ass 11/10.

If I remember correctly, she's a 25 toners, have a healing factor on par with Wolverine, is a one of the best, if not the best martial artist in the MU and she have a badass dagger that can even hurt the likes of friggin' Thanos, who even Silver Surfer can't do nothing at all.

Black Panther have more intelligence on his side, and that's it.

namorsubby

illadelph12
In my opinion it depends on the gear BP has. Gamora clearly outclasses him, granted, but his vibranium armor and boots protects him from most of her h2h/MA offense and the damage of falls/throws, which I think many are overlooking. If he had the Ebony Blade to counter Godslayer he could possibly mount an offensive. Outside of that it's pretty much a matter of time before Godslayer finds it's mark against the grain of his armor and kills him.

Enyalus
In my opinion it depends on the gear BP has. Gamora clearly outclasses him, granted, but his vibranium armor and boots protects him from most of her h2h/MA offense and the damage of falls/throws, which I think many are overlooking.
Even if we ignore Godslayer and focus on pure H2H...she's one-shotted Thing and Dumb Drax w/ Power Gem, both of whom are more durable than BP in his suit. And she would've killed Thanos with one blow if he wasn't immune to nerve strikes.

I mean, I can see the vibranium armor defense as being valid against other street/low-metas, or maybe a less skilled brick. But not Gamora.

D_Dude1210
In my opinion it depends on the gear BP has. Gamora clearly outclasses him, granted, but his vibranium armor and boots protects him from most of her h2h/MA offense and the damage of falls/throws, which I think many are overlooking. If he had the Ebony Blade to counter Godslayer he could possibly mount an offensive. Outside of that it's pretty much a matter of time before Godslayer finds it's mark against the grain of his armor and kills him.

Giving her Godslayer turns this from simple spite to Happy Dance spite.

Wild Shadow
would gamora really need to cut across the grain with her godslayer to cut BP? i mean the blade is mystical after all.

illadelph12
Even if we ignore Godslayer and focus on pure H2H...she's one-shotted Thing and Dumb Drax w/ Power Gem, both of whom are more durable than BP in his suit. And she would've killed Thanos with one blow if he wasn't immune to nerve strikes.

I mean, I can see the vibranium armor defense as being valid against other street/low-metas, or maybe a less skilled brick. But not Gamora.

I disagree. Even with her level of skill it doesn't change the properties of vibranium. Vibranium absorbs impacts, and her offense is strikes. The armor is the correct tool for the job. None of the examples you stated were wearing impact negating armor when they were assaulted, so it's a false comparison. They might be more powerful opponents than Panther, but they don't bring the same gear to the table either. Their personal durability does not by it's properties absorb the energy of impacts and deaden their effect as vibranium does, and the vibranium would be protecting BP's pressure points and negating the contact by absorbing and deadening the force of the touch. That wasn't available to all of the others, save Thanos, who just happens to be durable enough on his own.

Enyalus
I disagree. Even with her level of skill it doesn't change the properties of vibranium. Vibranium absorbs impacts, and her offense is strikes. The armor is the correct tool for the job.
down Point.

Mindset
Gamora will rip through his armor like paper.

Eny, never back down, never give up.

Wild Shadow
didnt red skull tear and rip BP siut when they were fighting with their bare hands?

also i recall IF also tearing and ripping the suit with his fist blows even though yes he was mind controlled.

also captain america managed to chin check and stun BP with his suit. if his suit was so impressive it should have negated all their blows.

BP was also effected by blows from an iron man ceramic armor as well.... the suit does not negate all kinetic attacks as it is being all laid out here.

D_Dude1210
BP has been affected by melee strikes in combat before, while it WILL help a bit, it can in no way negate Gammorra's class 25 strikes.

She is just outright faster, stronger and a better fighter to boot. This is spite spite spite. Add in the Godslayer (w/c I believe will tear thru the armor like hot knife thru butter) and it's Gamora 100000/10.

illadelph12
I can refer you to his respect thread for examples on that.

Also, for the Iron Fist example, it wasn't his fists that eventually damaged the armor, it was the chi energy attacks:

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6146/103lv.jpg

jalek moye
I can refer you to his respect thread for examples on that.

Also, for the Iron Fist example, it wasn't his fists that eventually damaged the armor, it was the chi energy attacks:

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6146/103lv.jpg

he's been hurt before by far less, he should never lose or struggle against anyone that uses strikes in that case if his armr absorbs all impact. But he does

And those were his punches, Iron fist punches like that it just shows he hit really fast

illadelph12
He's also been protected against far more, like against the Werewolf of Sirius, Namor punching him; one time into a car and receiving no damage; his various battles with Klaw, or all the times bullets have bounced off of him. It's seemingly inconsistent. However, it's protected him more times than not so the law of averages is in his favor, and the times it hasn't can be attributed to circumstances like:

-Vs. Red Skull T'Challa is knocked through a glass window and when he reappears there are tears in his suit. It could be inferred that the glass somehow sliced his suit, and the following tearing (which was along his shoulders near were the window did the damage), was additional tearing upon the already damaged area.

-Vs. Ironfist Danny had his hands charged with chi energy and was slicing BP's suit to shreds against the grain.

Also, don't forget that T'Challa has a control on his wrist which enables him to form vibranium light armor similar to Dr. Doom's.

Wild Shadow
or we can simply assume that punches dont travel in a straight line but come at angles allowing ppl to tear the suit as they punch by pulling and pushing the fabric during the attack.

we could also assume the protection the suit grants is a direct to how much kinetic force is applied the stronger the impact the more likely the suit is able to absorb the kinetic force. kinda like an inertia dampner shields that can stop bullets but not punches or knife strikes.

or the simple answer could just be overall PIS like when cap, DD and other non metas can take a hit from hulk without injury or instant death.

it would also explain his inconsistencies in the comics either way panther has bn hurt by a lot less on average.

Acrosurge
Assuming that the vibranium could for some reason negate 100% of Gamora's attacks, what is stopping her from just rending the Panther's suit with her nails? They're also super-durable.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Assuming that the vibranium could for some reason negate 100% of Gamora's attacks, what is stopping her from just rending the Panther's suit with her nails? They're also super-durable.

NAACP and Hudlin. stick out tongue

Darth Martin
NAACP and Hudlin. stick out tongue laughing thumb up

illadelph12
NAACP and Hudlin. stick out tongue

Smh...

Not cool man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.