I Love Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
Sorry about yesterday. I left my account open and my wife posted something about me hating star wars, totally her bad. I do love SW. Thoughts?

Bardock42
Me too.

Can you believe it? Some Wanker yesterday, in this very forum, said that Star Wars sucks. Horrible people do exist.

=Tired Hiker=
It's a messed up world.

Genesis
It's really an awful thread. Sorry, TH.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
tsk tsk tsk.

Mairuzu
weed

Rogue Jedi
*Insert wookkie growl here*

Dr. Badass420
I dont think i ever understood the popularity of star wars, but i was told that it was based off a "Western" type plot....is there any truth to this?

Rogue Jedi
To me, it's the Jedi/Sith Good/evil thing. To show that anyone can fall from grace like Annie did.

Sweet_lady18
Originally posted by Bardock42
Me too.

Can you believe it? Some Wanker yesterday, in this very forum, said that Star Wars sucks. Horrible people do exist.

They are bad, bad people....

Genesis
Originally posted by Mairuzu
weed

Wow, and the thread actually declines in quality. Surprise.

Because I can
i've been like living off lego star wars the past couple of days no expression
goddamn love those movies, and no matter how awesome technology is these days, episodes IV-VI are the best.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Sorry about yesterday. I left my account open and my wife posted something about me hating star wars, totally her bad. I do love SW. Thoughts?

May your wife die a thousand deaths for this insolence.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Genesis
It's really an awful thread. Sorry, TH. No need to apologize. It doesn't matter what you think.

Genesis
You're right. I didn't really need to apologize. Actually, I don't need to say anything. The thread really speaks for itself. It just says "awful."

Prince Nauj
Yub Nub

coolmovies
Everyone has there own taste so not everyone like SW . I dont dont like horror movies

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Dr. Badass420
I dont think i ever understood the popularity of star wars, but i was told that it was based off a "Western" type plot....is there any truth to this? Nah. It's an adaption of sorts of a Japanese movie from the late 50's, 'The Hidden Fortress'. Of course all the mythology is new, but the basic plot of it and character templates are all there. Good film, too.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Nah. It's an adaption of sorts of a Japanese movie from the late 50's, 'The Hidden Fortress'. Of course all the mythology is new, but the basic plot of it and character templates are all there. Good film, too.

1. Adaptation is incorrect, as it's already a film.

2. Even if it were a written story, George Lucas acknowledges it's influence.

3. It was only A New Hope.

4. "All the Mythology" is sort of an absurd thing to post, don't you think? Isn't that...kind of....a similar story in a different universe with a different background and characters but with a similarity with lowly people resucing a princess? You could say, by your logic, that the Rapunzel tale influenced "The Hidden Fortress", or any story in which a princess is rescued from evil clutches.

5. Film was rated 100% by Rotten Tomatoes. smile

http://au.rottentomatoes.com/m/1009583-hidden_fortress/

But, we all know how off Rotten Tomatoes can be. I don't even trust it, anymore.

6. Then there's the other six films that can't be explained with The Hidden Fortress' plot. (I am only aware of six other feature-length, theater released, films, off the top of my head.)

7. It is far and away NOT a crime or unkosher to be influenced by anything.

So, basically, I disagree with most of your post, other than George Lucas indicating in a DVD commentary that he was influenced by The Hidden Fortress for A New Hope.

Rogue Jedi
*pops in ANH DVD*

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
*pops in ANH DVD*

You can fit it in there? sick sick sick

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
You can fit it in there? sick sick sick Mehbeh shifty

Dr. Badass420

4. "All the Mythology" is sort of an absurd thing to post, don't you think? Isn't that...kind of....a similar story in a different universe with a different background and characters but with a similarity with lowly people resucing a princess? You could say, by your logic, that the Rapunzel tale influenced "The Hidden Fortress", or any story in which a princess is rescued from evil clutches.

But, we all know how off Rotten Tomatoes can be. I don't even trust it, anymore.

6. Then there's the other six films that can't be explained with The Hidden Fortress' plot. (I am only aware of six other feature-length, theater released, films, off the top of my head.)

So, basically, I disagree with most of your post, other than George Lucas indicating in a DVD commentary that he was influenced by The Hidden Fortress for A New Hope.
so is the hidden fortress a good flick?

dadudemon
so is the hidden fortress a good flick?

I dislike most post WWII Japanese flicks that occured before the 1980s.

However, there is some humor in it that most would enjoy. I would give it a 6 out of 10.

Dr. Badass420

However, there is some humor in it that most would enjoy. I would give it a 6 out of 10.
ugh i dont like war films erm

dadudemon
ugh i dont like war films erm

I'm not referring to the literal setting of the films. I'm referring to the actual time in the real world the movies were released.

And, also, my post, in context, in no way can be interpretted as a war flick as it says "post-WWII".

And the movie isn't a war flick, it occurs in the aftermath of a battle.

Rogue Jedi

However, there is some humor in it that most would enjoy. I would give it a 6 out of 10. Mel Gibson made a good one in the 80's. forgot the name of it.

dadudemon
Mel Gibson made a good one in the 80's. forgot the name of it.

He isn't Japanese, so he fails to qualify to the designation in the post you quoted.

And you're referring to Attack Force Z.

Dr. Badass420
I'm not referring to the literal setting of the films. I'm referring to the actual time in the real world the movies were released.

And, also, my post, in context, in no way can be interpretted as a war flick as it says "post-WWII".

And the movie isn't a war flick, it occurs in the aftermath of a battle.
im retarded then. whoops confused

dadudemon
im retarded then. whoops confused

And I'm a jerk when people don't understand me. We're even. big grin

Dr. Badass420
And I'm a jerk when people don't understand me. We're even. big grin
well in my defense i did pop vikadin for my finger wink

dadudemon
well in my defense i did pop vikadin for my finger wink

Ah. That's okay.

It seems to have impaired your ability to spell "vicodin" too. laughing

Dr. Badass420
Ah. That's okay. It seems to have impaired your ability to spell "vicodin" too. laughing
i never knew how to spell it

dadudemon
i never knew how to spell it

I am just bustin' you nutz, dude.

Dr. Badass420
I am just bustin' you nutz, dude.
i figured that aweawe

The Grey Fox

So, basically, I disagree with most of your post, other than George Lucas indicating in a DVD commentary that he was influenced by The Hidden Fortress for A New Hope. Shut the **** up.

Neo Darkhalen

You do know what Adaptation means right, because from the context as to which you used it just leads me to believe you do not.

The Grey Fox
ANH is Star Wars. When it was released, that was it's name, that was what it was called, not sure if you knew that. And that's what I was referring to: Star Wars. Not ESB. I even used this argument to back up why 'Empire' is the best SW film (because it's totally original etc.).

Mythology as in Star Wars Mythology you thick ****, as in The Force, Aliens, etc., not whatever shit you were thinking of. I meant all the SW mythology was new. Jesus Shit.

Seriously... DDD... you misunderstood everything I posted there. So basically you wasted all that smartassing time for something totally redundant. That's how sad your life is, man. You can't even comprehend posts that you try and denounce. All I was doing was noting it's massive influence on the basic plot of Star Wars, not mocking it or anything, you dim bastard. I'm probably a bigger SW fan than you anyway, so I take care in what I say since blasphemy against SW is totally unforgivable. As is sickening idiocy like your comprehension of my post, may I add.

God damn I edited that a lot.

Rogue Jedi
ANH is Star Wars. When it was released, that was it's name, that was what it was called, not sure if you knew that. And that's what I was referring to: Star Wars. Not ESB. I even used this argument to back up why 'Empire' is the best SW film (because it's totally original etc.).

Mythology as in Star Wars Mythology you thick ****, as in The Force, Aliens, etc., not whatever shit you were thinking of. I meant all the SW mythology was new. Jesus Shit.

Seriously... DDD... you misunderstood everything I posted there. So basically you wasted all that smartassing time for something totally redundant. That's how sad your life is, man. You can't even comprehend posts that you try and denounce. All I was doing was noting it's massive influence on the basic plot of Star Wars, not mocking it or anything, you dim bastard. I'm probably a bigger SW fan than you anyway, so I take care in what I say since blasphemy against SW is totally unforgivable. As is sickening idiocy like your comprehension of my post, may I add.

God damn I edited that a lot. I'm watching Zoolander FTW.

Genesis
My god, the thread keeps on getting worse. It's diseased.

Rogue Jedi
The files are IN the computer.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
You do know what Adaptation means right, because from the context as to which you used it just leads me to believe you do not.

You do know what Adaptation means when it comes to films, right? Because from the context as to which you infer the meaning in your above post leads me to believe you do not.

In fact, the meaning can be derived from my posts, alone.

See below:

If one could not derive the meaning of what a film adaption is from those two points alone, then they would would have a hard time even talking about films and film influence. Agreed?

Shut the **** up.

Rather odd coming from you. If I interpret this is a serious post, then I submit to you your own hypocrisy. You have been on RJ, myself, and others for the immature posting that has occurred in the OTF. When an intelligent, well thought-out post, arrives as a reply to you, you react negatively towards that poster in the very same immature fashion that you have recently decried. You either want more intelligent conversation or you don't. Me thinks that you just want less unintelligent conversation with those around you not disagreeing with your opinions.

If it was in jest and was intended as humor as in, "lulz, you got me. you can STFU now", then, my bad for assuming the worst.

Rogue Jedi
You do know what Adaptation means when it comes to films, right? Because from the context as to which you infer the meaning in your above post leads me to believe you do not.

See below:

If one could not derive the meaning of what a film adaption is from those two points alone, then they would would have a hard time even talking about films and film influence. Agreed?

Rather odd coming from you. If I interpret this is a serious post, then I submit to you your own hypocrisy. You have been on RJ, myself, and others for the immature posting that has occurred in the OTF. When an intelligent, well thought-out post, arrives as a reply to you, you react negatively towards that poster in the very same immature fashion that you have recently decried. You either want more intelligent conversation or you don't. Me thinks that you just want less unintelligent conversation with those around you not disagreeing with your opinions.

If it was in jest and was intended as humor as in, "lulz, you got me. you can STFU now", then, my bad for assuming the worst. Knock Knock.

Bardock42
I find your liaison with dadudemon disturbing.

Rogue Jedi
Disturbing that we embrace our immaturity? K. Sorry we arent a coupla emo ****.

Bardock42
Disturbing that we embrace our immaturity? K. Sorry we arent a coupla emo ****.

No

Rogue Jedi
No Bewbz?

Bardock42
I like Star Wars. Obviously it had strong influences though I don't think you can pinpoint one piece of work as the sole basis for it.

Genesis

See below:

If it was in jest and was intended as humor as in, "lulz, you got me. you can STFU now", then, my bad for assuming the worst.

Nah. It's an adaption of sorts of a Japanese movie from the late 50's, 'The Hidden Fortress'. Of course all the mythology is new, but the basic plot of it and character templates are all there. Good film, too.

Do you see the giant text? Those nice big letters prove you wrong. Move on and stop trolling. Another post consisting of your trolling will result in a report. Consider this a chance to redeem yourself and not cause further trouble in the thread.

Also, If you don't understand why the large text proves you wrong, I can always offer a full explanation in layman's terms to assist you. I'm really not trying to be rude here but I honestly doubt you'll get it.

Thank you.

Bardock42
Do you see the giant text? Those nice big letters prove you wrong. Move on and stop trolling. Another post consisting of your trolling will result in a report. Consider this a chance to redeem yourself and not cause further trouble in the thread.

Also, If you don't understand why the large text proves you wrong, I can always offer a full explanation in layman's terms to assist you. I'm really not trying to be rude here but I honestly doubt you'll get it.

Thank you.

You seem to overestimate the power of the report button. In fact I find your whole bearing odd, very moral apostle-y.

Genesis
You seem to overestimate the power of the report button. In fact I find your whole bearing odd, very moral apostle-y.

Bardock. That's the father of Goku.

And 42? Answer to life.

Bardock42

And 42? Answer to life.

OH NO, YOU FOUND OUT THE ORIGINS OF MY NAME, NOW ALL MY POWER HAS VANISHED *fizzles into a pile of dust*

Neo Darkhalen
"You do know what Adaptation means when it comes to films, right? Because from the context as to which you infer the meaning in your above post leads me to believe you do not.

See below:

quote: (post)

If one could not derive the meaning of what a film adaption is from those two points alone, then they would would have a hard time even talking about films and film influence. Agreed?"

You said it's not an adaption because it's already a film, but that's what the term constitutes my good sir, taking an existing piece of work and then altering or removing points from the key source in order to create a work similar to that of the original, so in effect no it would be an adaption because it was derived from an earlier work that was used as a basis for that particular story, although it is not an accurate adaption, you claimed it was not one at all because this Japanese movie was already a movie that came out before star wars ergo star wars would be an adaptation since it took source material from a previous work as it's inspiration and created a film based on that and I'm sure an algorithm of other movies.

Maybe I misinterpreted where you are coming from I don't really know oh but one thing.

Don't try and talk down to me I won't take any of it. I really don't care for your smartassness.

I suggest you rethink your attitude towards people.

dadudemon
ANH is Star Wars. When it was released, that was it's name, that was what it was called, not sure if you knew that. And that's what I was referring to: Star Wars.

You are neither old enough, nor is that "definition" applied to ANH anymore since it was given the name "ANH" in 1981, just five years after the original release.

Also, among Star Wars fans, ANH, Episode IV, EpIV, or "A New Hope", are the common names or titles given to the film in written discussion. In a verbal discussion, it is referred to as "A New Hope."

It can be assumed from your post that you were quite directly referring to ANH in your post (it's called context), however, citing the other 6 films as further evidence against your claim of it being like "Hidden Fortress" was my passive aggressive way of calling attention to your error of calling it just "Star Wars", considering it's official title hasn't been just "Star Wars" in 28 years. It was just a way that I could make another numbered point against your post. I just wanted more points and this particular point worked quite well.

Not ESB. I even used this argument to back up why 'Empire' is the best SW film (because it's totally original etc.).

Forgive me for not having read all of your posts. Had I read all of your posts, I would have known that (Seriously, I'm that creepy. Just ask Bardock42). However, it still would not have changed me getting an indirect dig in on your newbish reference to it as just "Star Wars." stick out tongue

This is exactly what I was referring to as well. It is quite obvious from what I typed. erm

If you cannot remain civil, I suggest you stop posting on this for a whle as a ban is certainly not something I wish on you, even if you are immaturely insulting me.

Seriously... DDD... you misunderstood everything I posted there.

Actually, it would appear that you misunderstood what I posted and even missed indirect insults.

The opposite is reality.

So basically you wasted all that smartassing time for something totally redundant.

No I didn't. I corrected your incorrect post with 7 different points.

That's how sad your life is, man.

My life is sad, really. Working 40 hours a week, going to school full time year-round, and having so little time to actually play video games. Thanks for rubbing it in. (If they would let me play video games at work, I would do it, then my life wouldn't be so sad.)

But, really, I'm at work, nothing to do, because no computers are broken. Is it a sin, in your book, to post at work with there's nothing to do?

Also, you should probably not resort to personal attacks. If you cannot take apart my points, then you shouldn't immaturely resort to "Well, so! You're a doodoohead!"

You can't even comprehend posts that you try and denounce.

Again, the opposite is true.

All I was doing was noting it's massive influence on the basic plot of Star Wars,

"Massive influence" /= film adaptation, sir.

not mocking it or anything, you dim bastard.

I never said you were. You could have said that same thing of a movie that I didn't like and you would have gotten a similar response.

I'm probably a bigger SW fan than you anyway,

Unlikely that you know as much as I do, which this point is supposed to allude to.

Also, the rabidness of one's Star Wars fanboyism does not make one correct or add to their opinions of Star Wars.

so I take care in what I say since blasphemy against SW is totally unforgivable.

Only to close-minded fanboys.

As is sickening idiocy like your comprehension of my post, may I add.

If only you would not have posted this rhetoric so much, your post would have just ended up being a slight misunderstanding. Instead, it turned your reply to my 7 points into a fit of ignorance and immature name-calling.

Neo Darkhalen
My god I've lost track of everything, good job all this is tl;dr.

dadudemon
I find your liaison with dadudemon disturbing.

I neither coordinate, nor do I encourage RJ to do what he does.

RJ is having fun in a "seriouse business" discussion. He acts independently of me. He isn't doing anything wrong, is he?

dadudemon

Thank you.

Please, sir, tell me which film TGF was referring to in those giant letters?

Also, you have no clue what trolling is. Report away, please. You do know that misusing the report button can eventually result in a ban, don't you?

Neo Darkhalen
I think I'm up next.

Bardock42
I neither coordinate, nor do I encourage RJ to do what he does.

RJ is having fun in a "seriouse business" discussion. He acts independently of me. He isn't doing anything wrong, is he?

I believe I did not say any of those things you address.

dadudemon
You said it's not an adaption because it's already a film, but that's what the term constitutes my good sir, taking an existing piece of work and then altering or removing points from the key source in order to create a work similar to that of the original, so in effect no it would be an adaption because it was derived from an earlier work that was used as a basis for that particular story, although it is not an accurate adaption, you claimed it was not one at all because this Japanese movie was already a movie that came out before star wars ergo star wars would be an adaptation since it took source material from a previous work as it's inspiration and created a film based on that and I'm sure an algorithm of other movies.

Sure, if you want to argue the point of 'adaptation" in that light, fine. However, you failed to realize the point of "adaptation" that I was referring to. In context with FILMS, adaption almost always refers to the movement of written work to film. The story is largely intact, as well, in film adaptations.

If it is not largely intact, it does not qualify as a film adaptation, but simply "influenced".

When discussing films, it would be rather strange or out of place to refer to a film adaption as anything other than that, a "film adaption."

Maybe I misinterpreted where you are coming from I don't really know oh but one thing.

You did misinterpret. In fact, one step further, it would appear that you were not aware of what the definition of adaptation meant when it came to films.

They even have an academy aware for best film adaption. Despite how awesome ANH was, it wasn't nominated for best film adaptation for a reason: it wasn't one.

Don't try and talk down to me I won't take any of it.

1. Ditto. Don't talk down to me. Obviously, there's nothing you or I can do about it, so you and I WILL take it. Even using the "ignore" feature does not change the fact that a "talk down" post can be posted in response to the other.

2. Why are you being a hypcrite?

I really don't care for your smartassness.

Odd. You of all people talking about "smartassness"...

On the other hand, I DO like your "smartassness" and hope you continue to employ, liberally.

I suggest you rethink your attitude towards people.

That will never happen. Not even when I run for public office.

I do have a suggestion for you, though:

Don't butt your heads into conversations that you don't understand, especially if you initial "butt-in" post is diminutive in nature. Furthermore, don't then reply with "butthurt" because the person defended themselves with your very own post.

Since I don't mean any of that, I could care less. I hope you butt into future conversations of mine, especially if you feel that I have erred. Chances are, I have not, and it gives me the opportunity to further solidfy a point when someone brings to the table a fresh perspective on an incorrect idea. The other side of that: I could very well be wrong and I certainly hate arguing for the wrong side of things. It's a win win, really, for me.

Nor did you imply it. Knownig those two things, why do you think I posted it?

Indeed

Which tells me that you're not actually butthurt over my parody of your post. You are just as bored as everyone else and using this place as entertainment, the same as everyone else. smile

Bardock42

Nor did you imply it. Knownig those two things, why do you think I posted it?

Homosexuality, I presume.

dadudemon
My god I've lost track of everything, good job all this is tl;dr.

I've conveniently put quote tags next to every single portion that I am responding to, removing the "keeping track of" effort on your part.

If you don't remember what is being quoted or what is being replied to, simply clicking on "post" will direct your browser to that post rather quickly.

dadudemon
Homosexuality, I presume.

laughing

No, not at all.

I'll give you a hint: Reread the post and see if there is an underlying tone in that post.

Neo Darkhalen
Oh dude please drop this pretentiousness, at the end of the day it's just a film ja? so why again are we making serious business out of this?

Your attitude wins you little favors when you can't be civil or respectful in your meanings and I do admit because of this I found myself in a case of tl;dr, I really don't appreciate being talked down to and I certainly don't like people getting smarmy with me, at the same time I have no wish to quarrel with you or cause further ill qualms.

But in regards I understand where you are coming from, as I said I misinterpreted your comment, however it wasn't so much as that I didn't know what adaptation means, more in the fact how you worded your post.

I do thank you for toning down though in this last post, if only you could have adressed me like this before.

Bardock42
laughing

No, not at all.

I'll give you a hint: Reread the post and see if there is an underlying tone in that post. No, I already decided what it is.

dadudemon
at the end of the day it's just a film ja?

yes

so why again are we making serious business out of this?

I think I've indirectly and directly indicated that my intentions. Serious business, it is not. smile

"entertainment"

Your attitude wins you little favors when you can't be civil or respectful in your meanings

Ditto. You're preaching to the choir.

and I do admit because of this I found myself in a case of tl;dr,

That can be the case when so many points beg to be countered.

I really don't appreciate being talked down to and I certainly don't like people getting smarmy with me,

You DO realize that I wouldn't have parodized your post at ALL if you hadn't started the attitude, don't you?

To quote a wiseman, "Your attitude wins you little favors when you can't be civil or respectful in your meanings"

at the same time I have no wish to quarrel with you or cause further ill qualms.

Good, because I thought we were homies before this. In fact, you were one of the people I said I'd like to hang out with, in real life. sad

But in regards I understand where you are coming from, as I said I misinterpreted your comment, however it wasn't so much as that I didn't know what adaptation means, more in the fact how you worded your post.

For this very same reason, I was confused as to why you would reply with that long description of "adaptation" that you did. I didn't think there was any interpretation to what "adaptation" was after I pointed out the exact meaning and..

When referring to a film, "adaptation" always means how I referred to it. Any other use would be incorrect or awkward.

I do thank you for toning down though in this last post, if only you could have adressed me like this before.

I promise you that I would have NEVER parodized your post, like a smartass, had you not interjected how you did. In fact, I have evidence that I thought you were a nice dude!

No, I already decided what it is.

Wishful thinking?

Neo Darkhalen
yes

I think I've indirectly and directly indicated that my intentions. Serious business, it is not. smile

"entertainment"

Ditto. You're preaching to the choir.

That can be the case when so many points beg to be countered.

You DO realize that I wouldn't have parodized your post at ALL if you hadn't started the attitude, don't you?

To quote a wiseman, "Your attitude wins you little favors when you can't be civil or respectful in your meanings"

Good, because I thought we were homies before this. In fact, you were one of the people I said I'd like to hang out with, in real life. sad

For this very same reason, I was confused as to why you would reply with that long description of "adaptation" that you did. I didn't think there was any interpretation to what "adaptation" was after I pointed out the exact meaning and..

When referring to a film, "adaptation" always means how I referred to it. Any other use would be incorrect or awkward.

I promise you that I would have NEVER parodized your post, like a smartass, had you not interjected how you did. In fact, I have evidence that I thought you were a nice dude!

Wishful thinking?

I read your last 2 points, I am very tired right now so I'll read the rest of them when I can get a chance, I apologise for being unnecessarily overly aggressive over things though and I guess a little arrogant as well.

We cool? oh and haermm me a nice guy I don't think so haha!

Glad we could agree on the first part though haha

WO Polaski
its ddm. he lives to troll people. why feed him? just out him on ignore like i did awhile ago...

dadudemon
Originally posted by WO Polaski
its ddm. he lives to troll people. why feed him? just out him on ignore like i did awhile ago...

Wut r u talking about?

And, you don't know what I troll is if you think what I did was trolling.

If someone told you Star Craft is a port of Metroid 2 to PC, you'd disagree with them on several levels, wouldn't you?

WO Polaski
i was joking.

i put you on ignore because i didnt want to see your old signature. it creeped me out.

Rogue Jedi
Wut r u talking about?

And, you don't know what I troll is if you think what I did was trolling.

If someone told you Star Craft is a port of Metroid 2 to PC, you'd disagree with them on several levels, wouldn't you? knock knock.

RogerRamjet

you're lying! why must you play with our feelings?? sad

Dr. Badass420
My god, the thread keeps on getting worse. It's diseased.

dadudemon
Originally posted by WO Polaski
i was joking.

i put you on ignore because i didnt want to see your old signature. it creeped me out.

Oh. Lol You must understand, people cry "troll" much too often here. Myself included. smile

Yeah, I'm into horror and gore horror.

I vowed to remove that sig if anyone complained, beause I know that not everyone would tolerate that sig. I was hoping that it would just be distrubing to some, but not distrubing enough to ask me to remove it. I had one poster PM me, and I removed it, which I had decided I would do if anyone asked.

knock knock.

Sup, dewd!

Genesis
balls

Rogue Jedi
Oh. Lol You must understand, people cry "troll" much too often here. Myself included. smile

Yeah, I'm into horror and gore horror.

I vowed to remove that sig if anyone complained, beause I know that not everyone would tolerate that sig. I was hoping that it would just be distrubing to some, but not distrubing enough to ask me to remove it. I had one poster PM me, and I removed it, which I had decided I would do if anyone asked.

Sup, dewd! bewbiez.

dadudemon
bewbiez.

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Rogue Jedi
Pics, or it didn't happen. Wait, are we homosexual, or just really immature?

dadudemon
Wait, are we homosexual, or just really immature?

Both and neither.

Once you reach a certain point of maturity, you realize being that uptight is ACTUALLY immature and unhealthy. Realizing that too much seriousness or too much focus can result in many superficial relationships, undue stress, superficial respect, and backstabbing because you're an a**hole or you creep people out; you have an epiphany and realize the importance of letting loose, acting immature for immaturity's sake, and that better company can be had through a more humorous perspective.

However, at the same time, there is a line, and it is very ambiguous, as it ranges from person to person. Some people become annoyed when most others would kick back and shoot the shit with you. Still, some others may think that it's not enough immaturity and that you need to let loose.

I fall under the "bewbiez are da bestest" category, meaning I am extremely immature at times. I have a knack for knowing when to be immature and when not to be, even if that "knack" is being immature for the sole purpose of deriving entertainment out of those who think being an a**hole is best personality course of action to take.

Rogue Jedi
Both and neither.

Once you reach a certain point of maturity, you realize being that uptight is ACTUALLY immature and unhealthy. Realizing that too much seriousness or too much focus can result in many superficial relationships, undue stress, superficial respect, and backstabbing because you're an a**hole or you creep people out; you have an epiphany and realize the importance of letting loose, acting immature for immaturity's sake, and that better company can be had through a more humorous perspective.

However, at the same time, there is a line, and it is very ambiguous, as it ranges from person to person. Some people become annoyed when most others would kick back and shoot the shit with you. Still, some others may think that it's not enough immaturity and that you need to let loose.

I fall under the "bewbiez are da bestest" category, meaning I am extremely immature at times. I have a knack for knowing when to be immature and when not to be, even if that "knack" is being immature for the sole purpose of deriving entertainment out of those who think being an a**hole is best personality course of action to take. I just ate a booger.

Genesis
Both and neither.

Maturity doesn't equal being uptight. If you believe that, you may have matured incorrectly. That can happen, you know.

Well, that's very untrue. Being mature doesn't always generate a negative outcome. Why would you say something so illogical? Oh, dadudemon. I'm disappointed.

Also, being a troll doesn't make you healthy. You see, dadudemon, an excess of anything is bad. This includes letting loose. You have to know where the deep end is with that kind of thing.

It doesn't seem like you're aware of that line at times. I'm really not trying to insult you but you and I both personally know that you can cross the line.

Well, immaturity is childish. Psychologically, it means you may have difficulties mentally evolving. That's what's unhealthy.

I wish you luck, though. It may be possible that one day you will see that trolling doesn't translate to humor or letting loose. It's just another way to initiate trouble and, if you're doing that, you're effectively being someone you complained about: An a**hole.

Rogue Jedi
I made a big ass brown baby boy with my ******* earlier. It cried. I flushed it.

jinXed by JaNx
my girlfriend tried telling me that i have nut stink. I don't know what she's talking about. i've fermented these babies to a senses paralyzing aroma for a full week now. I guess she just don't appreciate the finer things.

Slay
I dont think i ever understood the popularity of star wars, but i was told that it was based off a "Western" type plot....is there any truth to this?
It's based on/inspired by Akira Kurosawa's 'Hidden Fortress'. Kurosawa's 'Seven Samurai' was used as an inspiration for the western classic 'The Magnificent Seven', so that probably got you confused. Funnily 'Hidden Fortress' is a comedy.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
my girlfriend tried telling me that i have nut stink. I don't know what she's talking about. i've fermented these babies to a senses paralyzing aroma for a full week now. I guess she just don't appreciate the finer things. A little extra cheese on the meatballs?

Bardock42
knock knock.

Sup, dewd!
bewbiez.
Pics, or it didn't happen. Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Wait, are we homosexual, or just really immature? Originally posted by dadudemon
Both and neither.

I fall under the "bewbiez are da bestest" category, meaning I am extremely immature at times. I have a knack for knowing when to be immature and when not to be, even if that "knack" is being immature for the sole purpose of deriving entertainment out of those who think being an a**hole is best personality course of action to take. Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I just ate a booger.

So disturbing.

Rogue Jedi
So disturbing. Pull my finger.

dadudemon

Maturity doesn't equal being uptight.

That was the entire point of that post, bro.

If you believe that, you may have matured incorrectly. That can happen, you know.

This doesn't even make sense since the entire point of my post was to indicate that it does NOT equal maturity.

Well, that's very untrue. Being mature doesn't always generate a negative outcome. Why would you say something so illogical? Oh, dadudemon. I'm disappointed.

I really don't get it. It's like...you didn't read or understand my post.

Also, being a troll doesn't make you healthy.

Hi, troll. Whose sock are you?

You see, dadudemon, an excess of anything is bad. This includes letting loose.

Wow, so intelligent of you to say. Wait, not it isn't. You just wrapped up what I said in different words. no expression

You have to know where the deep end is with that kind of thing.

Alright, now, I am positive that you're a troll.

It doesn't seem like you're aware of that line at times.

I'm very much aware of them, thank you.

I'm really not trying to insult you but you and I both personally know that you can cross the line.

Just by responding to this post, I've insulting my own intelligent.

And, no, the line is relative, as my post clearly indicated.

Well, immaturity is childish. Psychologically, it means you may have difficulties mentally evolving. That's what's unhealthy.

Indeed, which is why being a baby, throwing fits, and being an a**hole are things I called the actual immature actions. Indeed, lightening up, letting loose, and the like, are very healthy mental outlooks. So says my behavioral psychiatrist. no expression

I wish you luck, though. It may be possible that one day you will see that trolling doesn't translate to humor or letting loose.

Considering you don't "know" what trolling is...your sentence is rubbish.

You basically said everything I said, in a different way, accused me of doing exactly what you're doing, and directly talked down to me. Sounds like trolling.

Now, correcting someone for a post they made is far from trolling, especially when it was done respectfully without insult. That same poster responded with a "**** you", which would be against the forum rules and could be considered trolling.

It's just another way to initiate trouble

Which is exactly what you're trying to do.

and, if you're doing that, you're effectively being someone you complained about: An a**hole.

The opposite. In a board full of Star Wars fanboys and movie lovers would see my post as accurate, or correct. Being an a**hole would be responding with a **** you or doing exactly what you're doing.

Slay
Regardless whether you meant what you just said, or just making excuses, the wording in your initial post (about maturity) was a bit off, leaving of lot of room for misinterpretation.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Slay
Regardless whether you meant what you just said, or just making excuses, the wording in your initial post (about maturity) was a bit off, leaving of lot of room for misinterpretation.

I disagree.

Edit - I just reread my post, and it's quite explicit.

Slay
I disagree.

Edit - I just reread my post, and it's quite explicit.
You said ''Once you reach a certain point of maturity, you realize being that uptight is ACTUALLY immature and unhealthy.'', did you not?

Which could easily be (mis)interpreted as you saying maturity equals being uptight.

The Grey Fox
If it was in jest and was intended as humor as in, "lulz, you got me. you can STFU now", then, my bad for assuming the worst. No, it was in, "My god. The idiocy from this post is too much to handle right now. All I can think of to say is something blunt and off-hand."

Jesus, you really are quite dim for someone so smart.

Thank you. Hey, you're pretty cool after all.

dadudemon
No, it was in, "My god. The idiocy from this post is too much to handle right now. All I can think of to say is something blunt and off-hand."

Odd. I have never heard of "STFU" being used to mean that before.

Should I add it to my "common uses" database or is it only a way that you use it?

Jesus, you really are quite dim for someone so smart.

That's not really nice to say to Jesus, man. For shame.

The Grey Fox
Odd. I have never heard of "STFU" being used to mean that before.

Should I add it to my "common uses" database or is it only a way that you use it?

That's not really nice to say to Jesus, man. For shame. Well, there you go: I'm breaking new ground. Isn't it exciting?

dadudemon
Well, there you go: I'm breaking new ground. Isn't it exciting?

Wow. That was a fast reply. HOLY CRAP!

The Grey Fox
That's how I roll, *****.

dadudemon
That's how I roll, *****.

K, n'stuff.

So, who won the saber duel, Mace or Sidious?

The Grey Fox
Tough call. I've never been able to say exactly since both sides of the argument has merit. At first view, Mace dominated Sidious, but then there's the idea that maybe Sidious was just holding back or even just letting Mace beat him so he'd be in the right position for Anakin to step in, save him, and complete his fall. And stuff. That's the most likely scenario.

Bardock42
Tough call. I've never been able to say exactly since both sides of the argument has merit. At first view, Mace dominated Sidious, but then there's the idea that maybe Sidious was just holding back or even just letting Mace beat him so he'd be in the right position for Anakin to step in, save him, and complete his fall. And stuff. That's the most likely scenario. Not if you take into account that GL said that no, Mace beat him fair and square.

dadudemon
Tough call. I've never been able to say exactly since both sides of the argument has merit. At first view, Mace dominated Sidious, but then there's the idea that maybe Sidious was just holding back or even just letting Mace beat him so he'd be in the right position for Anakin to step in, save him, and complete his fall. And stuff. That's the most likely scenario.

The book has Mace as the clear winner.

In the end, both sides have merit, but the audio commentary from George Lucas says that "mace won fair and square."

Many people still debate the fight, though. I am fairly positive that Mace won. I bring it up because this is a good thread to, and many still debate this point. It has become the PT's version of "who shot first? Greedo or Han?"

Bardock42

In the end, both sides have merit, but the audio commentary from George Lucas says that "mace won fair and square."

Many people still debate the fight, though. I am fairly positive that Mace won. I bring it up because this is a good thread to, and many still debate this point. It has become the PT's version of "who shot first? Greedo or Han?"

The issue around the both are completely different though.

The Grey Fox
Not if you take into account that GL said that no, Mace beat him fair and square. Originally posted by dadudemon

Many people still debate the fight, though. I am fairly positive that Mace won. I bring it up because this is a good thread to, and many still debate this point. It has become the PT's version of "who shot first? Greedo or Han?" Yeah, perhaps, but I've really started not trusting what Lucas says anymore. Changing history to make Greedo shoot first, then later on back the "Han shot first" side? He doesn't even know his own universe, really.

I'm not a huge PT fan anyway, so I don't think too much about it.

The Pict

Revan is my favourite Jedi.

dadudemon
The issue around the both are completely different though.

I'm not sure what this means.

"Both" as in the Ggreedo and saber duel?

And, I am not sure what you mean about "the issue". Both of them are completely different arguments but it's still a debate about "who came out on top" in each scenario.

And, yes, as TGF pointed out, it all comes down to "original intent". GL isn't as rabid about his films as say, his fans are.

Rogue Jedi
K, n'stuff.

So, who won the saber duel, Mace or Sidious? Mace.

Bardock42
I'm not sure what this means.

"Both" as in the Ggreedo and saber duel?

And, I am not sure what you mean about "the issue". Both of them are completely different arguments but it's still a debate about "who came out on top" in each scenario.

And, yes, as TGF pointed out, it all comes down to "original intent". GL isn't as rabid about his films as say, his fans are.

I meant "issues".

Rogue Jedi
This is what happens when you **** a stranger in the ass, Larry!!!

=Tired Hiker=
You're right. I didn't really need to apologize. Actually, I don't need to say anything. The thread really speaks for itself. It just says "awful." Originally posted by Genesis
My god, the thread keeps on getting worse. It's diseased. Originally posted by Genesis

Thank you. Originally posted by Genesis

And 42? Answer to life. Originally posted by Genesis
balls Originally posted by Genesis

Maturity doesn't equal being uptight. If you believe that, you may have matured incorrectly. That can happen, you know.

Also, being a troll doesn't make you healthy. You see, dadudemon, an excess of anything is bad. This includes letting loose. You have to know where the deep end is with that kind of thing.

It doesn't seem like you're aware of that line at times. I'm really not trying to insult you but you and I both personally know that you can cross the line.

I wish you luck, though. It may be possible that one day you will see that trolling doesn't translate to humor or letting loose. It's just another way to initiate trouble and, if you're doing that, you're effectively being someone you complained about: An a**hole. For a guy who doesn't like this thread, you sure like this thread. laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Quincy
I love star wars too TH.

Boba Fett is the ****

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Quincy
I love star wars too TH.

Boba Fett is the ****

Hell yeah, dawg! big grin cool

Quincy
Empire
New Hope
Return

=Tired Hiker=
Empire
New Hope
Return

That's the best order of greatness! big grin

Quincy
stoned

this is the start of a beautiful friendship

Rogue Jedi
Arthur Sellers wrote the bulk of the series.

The Grey Fox
Empire
New Hope
Return Blasphemy.

Just kidding, totally agree on this.

Rogue Jedi
Same.

omgchos
You a bug fan of the Fett?

Na i was always more of a star wars guy.

Rogue Jedi
Han shot first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.