Current Warlock vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
i found it odd that vulcan's easy defeat of warlock in GOTG is being downplayed in a different thread. warlock is hardly a noob--he has all his memories and seems enormously adept with his new powers (EASILY, while very weakened, destroying the imperial guards magic-user). in his current incarnation warlock has a couple of very impressive feats.

so, current adam vs magnus. who wins?

basilisk
You're right, he does seem to have arrived with innate understanding of his abilities. And he is learning quickly. But other times he does seem to act like a noob. Maybe he emerged with the knowledge, but doesn't yet have the experience to exploit it properly in combat - perhaps like someone who has trained extensively on a flight sim then does their first ever flight in the middle of a huge storm and can't quite get it all together.

Anyway Vulcan beat him with energy absorption, which Magneto doesn't have. I think that Warlock might just be able to take a majority over Magneto, but I'd like to see more Warlock feats and powers to really decide.

D_Dude1210
Black Bolt overpowered Warlock and slapped him away like an annoying ex-wife. I unno, don't see Mags getting owned that easily.

I say Mags 7/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by basilisk
Anyway Vulcan beat him with energy absorption, which Magneto doesn't have.

barker

basilisk
Originally posted by batdude123
barker

Well, I mean he isn't an energy absorber in the same sense that guys like Quasar, Vulcan, Surfer etc are. He can't simply absorb energy thrown at him like they can - especially not magical energy.

Survivor19
Good thing he don't needs to...
Eric ftw, 7/10

Enyalus
Probably Warlock. Leonidas is right, he's got some impressive displays of power. Including healing a huge rift (planet-sized?) in spacetime with his magic.

And magic is always very plot-devicey...Added to a plot device character himself, in Warlock.

guy222
Adam

Digi
I attribute the Vulcan loss to a plot-needed power up of Vulcan during this whole arc. A year ago, he wasn't in the same league as Black Bolt, for example. And now they're about to throw down next issue.

So I don't see it as a bad showing for Warlock, and since his feats are limited but he has some nigh-planetary level feats, I give him the tentative nod over Magneto.

ExodusCloak
I don't ever recall Magneto manipulating "magical" energy unless you count blocking Wanda's hexes and Ghostriders fire with his shields. But it's still not the same thing as to what Vulcan did. erm

leonidas
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I don't ever recall Magneto manipulating "magical" energy unless you count blocking Wanda's hexes and Ghostriders fire with his shields. But it's still not the same thing as to what Vulcan did. erm

zactly. which is why is say warlock wins this match. smile

Charmander
What does Warlock do to win the match?

Survivor19
I believe he gets overpowered by Magneto's onslaught and then pummeled into unconsciousness.
Oh, wait. That isn't him winning, is it?

leonidas
Originally posted by Charmander
What does Warlock do to win the match?

if mag's shields can't protect him from the effects of warlock's spells, he could do pretty well anything, i'd guess. the shields could maybe handle a direct blast, but could they stop effects? adam has already shown planetary level matter manip. not sure mag's shields would stop that tyoe of attack. maybe, but i've not seen them do something like that. if they could, i'd have to re-evaluate.

nicamarvin
Magneto FTW.......lookaround

vansonbee
Adam > Magneto

Adam should of fore seen all these events, the guy once was GOD (all seeing).

-V-
Warlock FTW

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
if mag's shields can't protect him from the effects of warlock's spells, he could do pretty well anything, i'd guess. the shields could maybe handle a direct blast, but could they stop effects? adam has already shown planetary level matter manip. not sure mag's shields would stop that tyoe of attack. maybe, but i've not seen them do something like that. if they could, i'd have to re-evaluate.

Mags shield stopped thors hammer from going through without to much trouble; thats a magical item.

Konton
Warlock

basilisk
Originally posted by carver9
Mags shield stopped thors hammer from going through without to much trouble; thats a magical item.

When the hammer was thrown. But when Thor actively used its magical ability to absorb energy, rather than just throwing it, it broke down Magneto's shields.

darthgoober
Originally posted by carver9
Warlock's force field's have stopped Thor's hammer while he was in warrior madness shifty ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.