Classic Thor - Hand to Hand gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
This Thor without his hammer. He must rely entirely on his fighting skills and physical attributes to get through, but he is fully restored after each fight.

Likewise, his opponents are all unarmed and fighting hand-to-hand only. No weapons, armor, special protective costumes etc.

For those that have any non-physical abilities (including amping of their "baseline" physical stats) they cannot use them here. However they retain things like baseline strength and durability, speed (if purely a baseline physical attribute, not amped by something) and healing factors.

If a character gets knocked out sufficiently for a count of 5, they are out of the fight.

Arena fight gauntlet:

1) Invisible Woman and Shadowcat
2) Gambit and Cyclops
3) Black Widow (Natasha) and Mockingbird
4) Moon Knight and Punisher
5) Moondragon
6) Black Panther and Red Skull
7) Classic Kingpin and Captain America
8) Shangi-Chi, Iron Fist, and Bullseye
9) Taskmaster, Daredevil, Classic Elektra, and Deadpool
10) Mantis (pre-Celestial Madonna), Karnak, Temugin, Gamora, and Stick

How far does Thor get?
A) Classic non-Odinpowered Thor
B) Warrior Madness Thor

nicamarvin
Originally posted by basilisk

How far does Thor get?
A) Classic non-Odinpowered Thor
B) Warrior Madness Thor
the guy clears it without even sweating......... Happy Dance

basilisk
Originally posted by nicamarvin
the guy clears it without even sweating......... Happy Dance
sad

Darth Martin
So does he have his superhuman attributes or is he like peak human?

basilisk
Originally posted by Darth Martin
So does he have his superhuman attributes or is he like peak human?

Everyone, including Thor, get their baseline superhuman physical attributes - strength, speed, durability, HF. They just can't use any other powers (telepathy, iron fist etc) and can't amp themselves with chi and so on. This is straight H2H fighting at baseline level using skills only.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by basilisk
sad rock

Enyalus
#10 kills both WM Thor and Classic.

Darth Martin
Then this isn't fair. Besides 10 and possibly 1 who will stop him. You are putting martial artist' against a person with God-like physical attributes.

basilisk
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Then this isn't fair. Besides 10 and possibly 1 who will stop him. You are putting martial artist' against a person with God-like physical attributes.

I don't think this is unfair. Some of the people on this list have knocked out guys like savage Hulk, Thing, an Elder, and Thor himself (though not exactly in straight up fight) with just their martial arts skills.

So Thor can definitely be taken down that way. And almost everybody on this list has the MA knowledge to do the moves required (nerve strikes etc). The question is, with Thor's hammer gone and no non-physical powers involved, are any of them good enough to do it in a straight fight?

Even if you think not, #10 should at least present Thor with a decent challenge.

Kris Blaze
Stops at 10 prolly.

Wild Shadow
i was incline to think he could be stopped at #1 with shadowcat and sue with what they are capable of doing and how far they are willing to go to take him out.

Survivor19
How is he supposed to get past 1?

Naija boy
How are shadow cat and sue supposed to take out thor in a match where they arent allowed to use their other abilities? (phasing,forcefields etc).

Thor clears it but will have trouble at 10.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Nah. Gamora alone might be able to split with him or better. The others added in make it so he's definitely stopped at 10.

Survivor19
Didn't noticed phasing was prohibited...
But... but...
Kitty still has T3H GIANT BULLET!!!

Naija boy
Originally posted by Enyalus
Nah. Gamora alone might be able to split with him or better. The others added in make it so he's definitely stopped at 10.

I think Gamora is good but not that good. In B and T, thor was physically mauling the entire infinity watch iirc.

Enyalus
I think Gamora is good but not that good. In B and T, thor was physically mauling the entire infinity watch iirc.
And relying absolutely nil on his fighting skill to do it.

Gamora's stalemated Ronan, who has KO'd Genis-Vell and always gives the Surfer a good fight. Strictly H2H, she's got a good shot at at least splitting with both WM Thor and Classic.

Naija boy
And relying absolutely nil on his fighting skill to do it.

Gamora's stalemated Ronan, who has KO'd Genis-Vell and always gives the Surfer a good fight. Strictly H2H, she's got a good shot at at least splitting with both WM Thor and Classic.

Maybe not fighting skill but definitely his "physical attributes".

That form of ABC logic doesnt really work to well. While Gamora stalemating ronan is impressive but mater of factly, thor would KTFO of ronan especially if he was in WM mode. Against a WM thor or even classic thor, while gamora will have the advantage in regards to MAskill and agility (I wont comment on speed as i think thors is greater featwise). Thors strength and Durability, i think will be too much for her. This is a guy who goes toe to toe with the hulk on a regular basis. I highly doubt gamoras damage output is comparable to his (hulk that is)

Enyalus
I highly doubt gamoras damage output is comparable to his.
Thanos throat strike.

...Also, I'm going to bed. Almost 6 AM here. Enjoy your day. stick out tongue

basilisk
Originally posted by Survivor19
Didn't noticed phasing was prohibited...
But... but...
Kitty still has T3H GIANT BULLET!!!

How are shadow cat and sue supposed to take out thor in a match where they arent allowed to use their other abilities? (phasing,forcefields etc).

Kitty has her Claremont ninja skills. And when Claremont did his run on FF he gave Sue his obligatory martial arts upgrade for his female characters. Nevertheless compared to the others they are a warm up on this gauntlet.

basilisk
Thanos throat strike.

... and the strike that knocked out Thing. She has the skills just a question of whether she gets the chance to use them. But with Mantis, Temugin, and Stick in there I'm wondering if #10 is actually too difficult for Thor...

Mshinu
He clears it.

Naija boy
Thanos throat strike.

Wasnt thanos pretending or something? ALso she has lost to other class 100s such as drax and maxam in physical confrontations. THose guys r hardly on the level of WM thor

Kris Blaze
Oh yeah, warrior madness destroys them.

Thor in WM didn't even need his hammer to take out Him

Enyalus
Wasnt thanos pretending or something? ALso she has lost to other class 100s such as drax and maxam in physical confrontations. THose guys r hardly on the level of WM thor
Yes, he was pretending. He also stated that if it had been anyone else, she'd have killed them with that strike. She's also beat Drax, and only lost to him after a very drawn out fight in Soulworld, where he was hella amped.

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Oh yeah, warrior madness destroys them.

Thor in WM didn't even need his hammer to take out Him
Yes, but that was a damn good fight. Kinda b*tch of Him to run away, though.

-V-
Clears it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.