Galactus and Deadpool were Ruined

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
In Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Galactus was nothing more than a giant space cloud. In X-Men Origins Wolverine, Deadpool looked like something that came out of a cheap horror flick.

What was Marvel Studios thinking? Why couldn't Galactus be a giant humanoid alien like he was in the comics and why is Deadpool a lab experiment instead of being for what he was in the comics: a mouthy assassin with a cool outfit?

The devourer of worlds and the mouthy assassin were ruined on the big screen.

What are your thoughts on this?

Darth Martin
Add Doom to the list as well. How the hell did they do Doom so bad?! DOOM of all people!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Nemesis X
In Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Galactus was nothing more than a giant space cloud. In X-Men Origins Wolverine, Deadpool looked like something that came out of a cheap horror flick.

What was Marvel Studios thinking? Why couldn't Galactus be a giant humanoid alien like he was in the comics and why is Deadpool a lab experiment instead of being for what he was in the comics: a mouthy assassin with a cool outfit?

The devourer of worlds and the mouthy assassin were ruined on the big screen.

What are your thoughts on this?

Deadpool wasn't ruined too much since he is getting his own film

Nemesis X
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Deadpool wasn't ruined too much since he is getting his own film

Yeah well it's stupid that Deadpool has an adamantium skeleton, adamantium claws, teleportation, and laser beams. That's just overdoing it. He was better off as a skillful psychopath with swords and an SMG.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah well it's stupid that Deadpool has an adamantium skeleton, adamantium claws, teleportation, and laser beams. That's just overdoing it. He was better off as a skillful psychopath with swords and an SMG.

perhaps, but some of the things he did in XO Wolverine may very well be included in his own film

Nemesis X
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
perhaps, but some of the things he did in XO Wolverine may very well be included in his own film

If the Deadpool movie is set after the events in X-Men Origins, DP fans will probably boycott it.

BruceSkywalker
If the Deadpool movie is set after the events in X-Men Origins, DP fans will probably boycott it.

some will, but also some won't

Doctor-Alvis
Why couldn't Galactus be a giant humanoid alien like he was in the comics
Didn't you see his big fiery head?

Alpha Centauri
Deadpool and Galactus were not ruined. The opportunity to use them well, was wasted.

Wade Wilson, on the other hand, was brilliant.

Additionally, technically Deadpool can teleport. It's just not a power he has, he uses the belt. As it's affectionately known; the tele-pool-ter.

-AC

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Deadpool and Galactus were not ruined. The opportunity to use them well, was wasted.

Wade Wilson, on the other hand, was brilliant.

Additionally, technically Deadpool can teleport. It's just not a power he has, he uses the belt. As it's affectionately known; the tele-pool-ter.

-AC

How is Galactus not ruined? He was a space cloud. How is Deadpool not ruined? He was a freak of nature all thanks to Stryker.

The Nuul
Both done by 20th Century Fox and both suck balls.

DP will suck again if Fox is still behind it.

Maybe Ryans sees this, so he went with WB and a GL movie.

Kazenji
How is Galactus not ruined? He was a space cloud. .

BZZZZZZZZt wrong

did you not see his big fiery head at the end of F4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer.

Mindship
Why couldn't Galactus be a giant humanoid alien like he was in the comics Not that I'm a fan of the big cloud, but I don't know if a giant caucasian in a purple skirt would've been much better in live action (the same reason why a lot of superhero movies seem to avoid men in spandex). Galactus could've been given something like armor, perhaps; but also, they may be saving his big appearance for the Silver Surfer movie supposedly underway.

As for the fiery head: that wasn't bad. Sometimes it's best to let the mind fill in what the eye can't clearly see. IMO, one of the best effects ever was the giant wizard head in The Wizard of Oz. It's primitive by today's CGI standards but still very effective in delivering its emotional impact.

Alpha Centauri
How is Galactus not ruined? He was a space cloud. How is Deadpool not ruined? He was a freak of nature all thanks to Stryker.

My Deadpool comics and the Deadpool character are exactly the same as they were before the movie.

Deadpool hasn't been ruined.

-AC

Indestructible
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Deadpool hasn't been ruined.

-AC

I agree. They can work with him in his own movie. Galactus on the other hand.........

roughrider
Your complaints and $1 will get you coffee at Dunkin Donuts. Know what I mean? wink

What's done is done. Deadpool's moving on to his spinoff, FF is likely getting rebooted soon as Marvel gets control again. There will be more movies to come.

Scythe
This really needs its own thread?

roughrider
Originally posted by Scythe
This really needs its own thread?

No, it doesn't.
We need a forum just for people who want to whine & vent.

(Although that might make the rest of the forums pretty quiet... stick out tongue )

PRAYERRUN
I never saw Wolverine Origins, but I figure that they won't actually let us see Galactus as a full person until they make a Silver Surfer movie.(at least that's what I figure it was leading up too.) We saw a glimmer of his head in FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Doctor-Alvis
How is Galactus not ruined? He was a space cloud.
And the silver lining to that space cloud is a big fiery Galactus head.

Originally posted by Mindship
Not that I'm a fan of the big cloud, but I don't know if a giant caucasian in a purple skirt would've been much better in live action (the same reason why a lot of superhero movies seem to avoid men in spandex). Galactus could've been given something like armor, perhaps; but also, they may be saving his big appearance for the Silver Surfer movie supposedly underway.

As for the fiery head: that wasn't bad. Sometimes it's best to let the mind fill in what the eye can't clearly see. IMO, one of the best effects ever was the giant wizard head in The Wizard of Oz. It's primitive by today's CGI standards but still very effective in delivering its emotional impact.
Cut scene Marvel Ultimate Alliance Galactus was pretty good, but I don't know how well he would have worked in live action either.

Dreampanther
Galactus I didn't mind - seemed a much better idea than having a big guy in a purple suit running around - just made sense, IMO, to upgrade him for a new generation.

Deadpool, however, I am FURIOUS about. I've been a Deadpool fan for ages, and I was SO excited about Ryan Reynolds getting the role - and then they pulled that crap...

I just fervently hope they fix it for the Deadpool movie...

Wolfie
I also agree with what they did with Galactus. He was traveling in a giant cloud across space. You clearly see him inside the cloud as he's about to devour the earth.

Listen to the commentary. Tim Story said he knew this was gonna lead to a Silver Surfer spin-off so he didn't want to give everything away in FF. Come the Silver Surfer movie, we will see Galactus.

As for Deadpool, yeah, that was kinda ridiculous. It's plausible, given Deadpool's abilities, that the Weapon X project can do that to him. And if the Deadpool spinoff takes place after XO Wolverine, then I'm sure they're going to undo everything they did to him.

They'd have to in order to get Ryan Reynolds back to star in it. Reynolds only played Wade Wilson. Weapon XI was played by Scott Adkins. And also, a movie about a guy with his mouth sewn shut... doesn't make for an interesting movie if the main character is silent the entire movie.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Wolfie
They'd have to in order to get Ryan Reynolds back to star in it. Reynolds only played Wade Wilson. Weapon XI was played by Scott Adkins. And also, a movie about a guy with his mouth sewn shut... doesn't make for an interesting movie if the main character is silent the entire movie.

Reynolds played Weapon XI, too.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.