Soulfire Darkseid vs. Mandrakk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Merlyn
Darkseid from Death of the New Gods #8

Mandrakk from Final Crisis.

Who wins?

Charmander
Mandrakk was more powerful than God.

Everyone is too beneath me to hear why.

guy222
Mandrakk

theICONiac
Originally posted by Charmander
Mandrakk was more powerful than God.

Everyone is too beneath me to hear why.

Why such a piss-poor showing in FC then??? He was 'staked' by GL's fer cryin' out loud mad

Charmander
Originally posted by theICONiac
Why such a piss-poor showing in FC then??? He was 'staked' by GL's fer cryin' out loud mad
Ask Trick.

Galan007
mandrakk from "superman beyond" was literally part of the essential storyline thus, the only way another character could kill him, was to not only overcome his 'eternal power', but said character had to also have a story > mandrakk's - that's why it could ONLY be superman.

anyhow, after their battle mandrakk plummeted into the overmind, and was completely stricken from existence...

-supes-
"i can hear him , still screaming all the way down, down, down until even the idea of him is lost.."

"until the overvoid, the mind of monitor, engulfs him.... already forgetting":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1879209/m1.jpg.html

that said, the 'mandrakk' from "final crisis" was merely another monitor who took on the guise of the 'true' mandrakk...

-rox ogama -
"they cast me out too... who was once proud ogama.."

"drink deep of the bitter cup of mandrakk, as i have":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1879210/m2.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1879211/m3.jpg.html

though this 'version' was still very powerful , he would have still been nothing in comparison to the original - due to not having as powerful of a story, and not having fed on the bleed for an untold amount of time.

----

and since the latter 'mandrakk' was the one specified in this thread, i'm going with darkseid.

Enyalus
So now there will be no more villains and evil in the DC Universe, since Mandrakk is gone. Right? Right?

SF DS FTW.

Also, acronyms FTW.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
So now there will be no more villains and evil in the DC Universe, since Mandrakk is gone. Right? Right?

SF DS FTW.

Also, acronyms FTW. mandrakk didn't empower all the evil doers in DC, he just embodied the evil part of that story.

qft ermmhappy

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
mandrakk didn't empower all the evil doers in DC, he just embodied the evil part of that story.
eek! So he was only unbeatable in that particular story, and thus could be beaten outside of Superman: Beyond...like in a forum-setting! I win! Concede to my awesome Brainiac-like intelligence.

qft ermmhappy
*pats* Very clever. big grin

Galan007

eek! So he was only unbeatable in that particular story, and thus could be beaten outside of Superman: Beyond...like in a forum-setting! I win! Concede to my awesome Brainiac-like intelligence.

*pats* Very clever. big grin he can only be beaten under the circumstances i mentioned in my first post. smile

thanks! danc

Enyalus
he can only be beaten under the circumstances i mentioned in my first post. smile
By an armor that he created.

Without the armor, it wouldn't matter how good Superman's story was. He'd have still lost.

Galan007
By an armor that he created.

Without the armor, it wouldn't matter how good Superman's story was. He'd have still lost. correct.

but other side of the coin, if superman's story would not have been greater, he wouldn't have been able to beat mandrakk both of those factors were required.

Enyalus
correct.

but other side of the coin, if superman's story would not have been greater, he wouldn't have been able to beat mandrakk both of those factors were required.
Who deems that Superman's "story" is the greatest? shifty

'Cause I think Solar's story > Superman's.

*thinly veiled appeal to awesomeness*

Galan007
Who deems that Superman's "story" is the greatest? shifty

'Cause I think Solar's story > Superman's.

*thinly veiled appeal to awesomeness* that chick monitor browsed through creation and found superman's story to be greater. like alex luthor said, "everything comes from superman" - so it really shouldn't come as a surprise.

as for the second part, i completely agree. thumb up

Enyalus
Not a surprise for DC, no. Still gay though, definitely.

Galan007
i thoroughly enjoyed the "superman beyond" comics.

so, pfft

Enyalus
i thoroughly enjoyed the "superman beyond" comics.
So did I. They were the best completed story arc in the FC cache, IMO.

Doesn't make it any less gay. Superman saving the multiverse because his stori iz teh bestest!!

Juntai
So did I. They were the best completed story arc in the FC cache, IMO.

Doesn't make it any less gay. Superman saving the multiverse because his stori iz teh bestest!! Gotta have the ultimate hero beat the ultimate enemy. lol.
And since Mandrakk was so big of enemy, he fed on concepts, Superman had to be greater than that.

Juntai
I just wished they stretched it to 12 issues, 7+2 wasn't quite enough, imo.

-V-
Darkseid FTW

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juntai
I just wished they stretched it to 12 issues, 7+2 wasn't quite enough, imo.
12 issues, seriously? 8 Would have been fine for the main FC storyline. And for god sakes, have the decency to not screw up the entire thing by introducing two ultimate villains in one story, the latter for ONE issue in a story supposed to be about the other villain.

But I digress. On the 12 issue thing...COIE was 12 issues, and the first 3-4 were horribly boring and could have for the most part been cut out completely or at least condensed. I could've seen 8 for COIE, IC, and FC. I'd like to see that be the standard for fundamental main events like the Crises, Zero Hour, Infinity Gauntlet, etc.

Juntai
12 issues, seriously? 8 Would have been fine for the main FC storyline. And for god sakes, have the decency to not screw up the entire thing by introducing two ultimate villains in one story, the latter for ONE issue in a story supposed to be about the other villain.

But I digress. On the 12 issue thing...COIE was 12 issues, and the first 3-4 were horribly boring and could have for the most part been cut out completely or at least condensed. I could've seen 8 for COIE, IC, and FC. I'd like to see that be the standard for fundamental main events like the Crises, Zero Hour, Infinity Gauntlet, etc. Zero Hour was too short. sad

quanchi112
Ds wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juntai
Zero Hour was too short. sad
QFT. Great series, awesome tie-ins.

Galan007
12 issues, seriously? 8 Would have been fine for the main FC storyline. yeah, 8 or 9 issues would've been good. imo, more time needed to be devoted to the war in heaven/fall of darkseid/ALE, so we as readers knew exactly what was going on. because personally, i hate having to piece things together from several related arcs after the story is concluded... just so things make sense.

And for god sakes, have the decency to not screw up the entire thing by introducing two ultimate villains in one story, the latter for ONE issue in a story supposed to be about the other villain. i don't think mandrakk screwed up anything for darkseid - his story was quite enjoyable. what was ridiculous is that mandrakk was supposed to represent a threat far greater than that of darkseid, yet all DC could give him was 1/4 of a single issue in the main storyline, before he was beaten by rather ridiculous means? give me a break.

guy222
thumb up

Enyalus
what was ridiculous is that mandrakk was supposed to represent a threat far greater than that of darkseid, yet all DC could give him was 1/4 of a single issue in the main storyline, before he was beaten by rather ridiculous means? give me a break.
That was exactly my feeling on the matter. thumb up

kevdude
I agree, although it was not the real Mandrakk in FC like we saw in Superman Beyond, it might have been better to leave Mandrakk just in Superman Beyond and at the end of FC have the heroes go over all the events (somewhat like they did) and talk about Mandrakk there. smokin'

Galan007
Originally posted by kevdude
I agree, although it was not the real Mandrakk in FC like we saw in Superman Beyond, it might have been better to leave Mandrakk just in Superman Beyond and at the end of FC have the heroes go over all the events (somewhat like they did) and talk about Mandrakk there. smokin' exactly.

Philosophía
Hm.

Not sure. Leaning twoards Mandrakk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.