Gardevoir Vs. Samus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q'Anilia
The noble little Pokemon versus the fierce armored woman. Who would win, if it'd take place in a forest and they began far apart from one another? Samus has her standard gear, and Gardevoir her canon abilities.

MooCowofJustice
To my knowledge, Samus has never dealt with someone who could TK her. So I'd have to give this to Gardevoir after a long fight. It'll take a lot to hurt Samus in her armor.

C. C. Cowgirl!
TK? Think bigger flirt

NemeBro
Can Gardevoir replicate similar damage to a black hole?

Cause that did not harm Samus.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by NemeBro
Can Gardevoir replicate similar damage to a black hole?

Cause that did not harm Samus.

Gardevoir can create black holes, has a clear vision of the future, can distort dimensions and bend space itself.

And use TK.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
Gardevoir can create black holes, has a clear vision of the future, can distort dimensions and bend space itself.

And use TK.

...where did all that happen? I don't doubt it, but I don't know where it happened.

NemeBro

And use TK. A miniature black hole, not an actual one like Samus survived.

Also, it has to expend all its power to create said mini-black hole.

Distorting and bending dimensions? Clarification please.

General Kaliero
I fail to see how Gardevoir could effectively attack Samus in any way at all.

C. C. Cowgirl!

Q'Anilia
A miniature black hole, not an actual one like Samus survived.

Also, it has to expend all its power to create said mini-black hole.

Distorting and bending dimensions? Clarification please.

Having looked it up, the Pokedex says "small black hole", which differ from "miniature black hole" a.k.a "micro black hole" so because it says small rather than mini, it is as dangerous as a real one (Except it's not as large)

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Having looked it up, the Pokedex says "small black hole", which differ from "miniature black hole" a.k.a "micro black hole" so because it says small rather than mini, it is as dangerous as a real one (Except it's not as large) That is completely, and utterly false.

Black holes are classified by mass, supermassive being the largest, micro being the smallest. Micro black holes evaporate almost instantly.

Also, mini and small mean the same thing, mini actually being a latin prefix for small.

Since it is smaller, it is by default not as dangerous as the one Samus entered.

Sin_Volvagia
Samus flashes Gardevoir. Gardevoir then dies of a heart attack.

NemeBro
Gardevoir is pretty hot herself, so whose to say the opposite will not happen? 131

C. C. Cowgirl!
Gardevoir is pretty hot herself, so whose to say the opposite will not happen? 131

Seconded cool

That is completely, and utterly false.

Black holes are classified by mass, supermassive being the largest, micro being the smallest. Micro black holes evaporate almost instantly.

Also, mini and small mean the same thing, mini actually being a latin prefix for small.

Since it is smaller, it is by default not as dangerous as the one Samus entered.

Nothing can be said for sure, as humanity has never had a chance to experience or explore a Black Hole, big or small. The fact in the matter would be that the concept would be the same, big or small, even though the effect might not be.

Sin_Volvagia

What the f**k? wacko

Anyway, let's not forget that Pokemon tend to lack certain areas (except for Jynx but she also has no legs).

NemeBro
Nothing can be said for sure, as humanity has never had a chance to experience or explore a Black Hole, big or small. The fact in the matter would be that the concept would be the same, big or small, even though the effect might not be. Sure, same concept, in the same way throwing a pebble at someone and throwing a boulder are the same concept. stick out tongue

C. C. Cowgirl!

NemeBro
Considering Samus survived a larger version of the one Gardevoir uses, not really. mmm

Also, remember, that uses all of her power to use.

Who is to say Samus does not just, I don't know, shoot Gardevoir? stick out tongue

C. C. Cowgirl!
Considering Samus survived a larger version of the one Gardevoir uses, not really. mmm

Also, remember, that uses all of her power to use.

Who is to say Samus does not just, I don't know, shoot Gardevoir? stick out tongue

If Gardevoir has no way of harming Samus, Samus will win this, but Gardevoir won't go down easy. After all, Gardevoir has a clear vision of the future. I don't have to tell you the significant difference between seeing the future, and seeing it clearly big grin

Although I'd like to point out that Gardevoir has a couple of mind-effecting moves.

NemeBro
If Gardevoir has no way of harming Samus, Samus will win this, but Gardevoir won't go down easy. After all, Gardevoir has a clear vision of the future. I don't have to tell you the significant difference between seeing the future, and seeing it clearly big grin

Although I'd like to point out that Gardevoir has a couple of mind-effecting moves. Pre-cog. Does little good if you cannot defend yourself against your opponent's attacks.

Like psychic, etc.

Sin_Volvagia

C. C. Cowgirl!

NemeBro
Much more so than, say, Jedi or Spider-Man. I'll add that she can among other things teleport, create powerful barriers and create illusions of herself.

Like confusion, hypnosis and such. I'll point out also that she knows Reflect, much like how Mewtwo reflected the hyperbeam. Proof of this claim? Spider Man I will buy, but a Jedi? Barriers? How powerful? As for illusions, can they be seen through with Samus' different visors, thermal, etc?

Confusion would only preoccupy Samus briefly, hypnosis has a high chance of mis-firing, and she would be awoken after Gardevoir's first attack hitting her armor.

Gardevoir's reflect is obvious to a far lesser level than Mewtwo's.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Proof of this claim? Spider Man I will buy, but a Jedi? Barriers? How powerful? As for illusions, can they be seen through with Samus' different visors, thermal, etc?

Confusion would only preoccupy Samus briefly, hypnosis has a high chance of mis-firing, and she would be awoken after Gardevoir's first attack hitting her armor.

Gardevoir's reflect is obvious to a far lesser level than Mewtwo's.

Spider-Man as well as the Jedi both can only see the very near future (Except for exceptional cases such as Yoda, Anakin, Sidious and all those). Gardevoir is specified to read the future clearly, unlike the regular Jedi who senses the attack as it's coming. I'd say there's a difference.

All very true.

NemeBro
Spider-Man as well as the Jedi both can only see the very near future (Except for exceptional cases such as Yoda, Anakin, Sidious and all those). Gardevoir is specified to read the future clearly, unlike the regular Jedi who senses the attack as it's coming. I'd say there's a difference.

All very true. But how far into?

C. C. Cowgirl!
But how far into?

Not specified. The extent of the specification is that it's of non-impending length.

ScreamPaste
When did Samus survive a black hole? The manga's non-canon.

NemeBro
Metroid Prime 2 I believe.

I admit when I am not really all that knowledgable on Samus, so I very well may be wrong.

XanatosForever
I'm genuinely surprised that someone hasn't hear or considered the possibility of pokerotica. I would think that to be common interweb knowledge by now. erm

ScreamPaste
Poke..what!~? X_X FAILURE

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
When did Samus survive a black hole? The manga's non-canon.
No it's not.

And yeah, it was Prime 2.

ScreamPaste
I played that game, I don't rememberthe black hole.

Edit: and yeah, the manga's non-canon. It's licensed, and official, but technicly non-canon.

Ridley_Prime
I have yet to see a source that states that. It's widely accepted as canon among the majority.

Not that it matters for this topic.

ScreamPaste
Acceptance doesn't make it canon. There's been no statement by Nintendo declaring it canon. It's simply licensed. Nintendo liscences a lot of stuff though. Like OoT Manga, also non-canon.

Ridley_Prime
Acceptance doesn't make it canon.
It was made by Sakamoto, whose been behind the direction of most of the Metroid games, including the upcoming title Other M. It doesn't contradict anything to the storyline either like the OoT manga does. Just tells the plot of what happens before the settings of the first game.

There's been no statement by Nintendo declaring it canon.
There's been no statement by Nintendo about a lot of stuff regarding continuity for that matter, including games..

That aside, the Dark Beam missile combo in Prime 2 (Dark Burst or something) technically creates a black hole, although a small one.

ScreamPaste
It never resembled a black hole to me. Still, it was a badass beam combo, slow as hell though.

Anyway, can you find a video of the black hole thing? Lol. It's been years since I played MP2

Ridley_Prime
It's not slow at all compared to the Light Beam missile combo. Now that was slow. Anyhow, will this pic do?

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/File:Aero_Darkburst.png

A Pirate Aerotrooper gets ripped apart into the vortex by the black hole the Dark Burst creates. ^^

Not quite sure if that would work on Gardevoir though.

ScreamPaste
Lol, not that, it still doesn't look like a black hole to me, but I meant the thing where Samus goes through a black hole? I don't remember when it happened.

And agreed, lol. Light beam missile combo was sluggish. Dark beam was my favorite beam in MP2.

Ridley_Prime
Oh.. Samus going through a black hole? I'm not sure when that ever happened, unless you count going through those "portals" that lead to Dark Aether, but meh.

And yeah. Dark Beam combo was pretty sweet, as was the Annihilator Beam combo, except it used up too much ammo.

But how does Darkburst not look like a black hole? >.>

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Filebig grinarkburst.jpg

ScreamPaste
It shines, I guess.

Yeah, so I'm curious what Nemebro is talking about with Samus surviving black holes, because I don't remember it.

Acrosurge
It shines, I guess.

Yeah, so I'm curious what Nemebro is talking about with Samus surviving black holes, because I don't remember it. I'm curious about this too, because I can't find a source for it. I have found information about the Darkburst, but not Samus actually escaping from or traveling through a full-sized, collapsed star, light-can't-escape-from, non-wormhole-portal, Black Hole. Some clarification would be nice to backup this claim of Samus's durability.

Edit: The Darkburst looks kinda like a Black Hole, but it appears to be a bit different. It creates a rift in normal space leading to another space-time dimension. Proximity to this dimension causes matter in our universe to be pulled in.

NemeBro
I would look for it, but I really do not care enough to in all honesty.

So I concede. And stuff.

Q'Anilia
I would look for it, but I really do not care enough to in all honesty.

So I concede. And stuff.

Where did you find it? Cutscene? Was it mentioned in the story? Did you read someone else say it? Did you play the game and have memories of it? You don't have to find any proof of it, but I'm curious to where you draw the statement from yes

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Where did you find it? Cutscene? Was it mentioned in the story? Did you read someone else say it? Did you play the game and have memories of it? You don't have to find any proof of it, but I'm curious to where you draw the statement from yes I recall it in Metroid Prime 2, and I have heard the claim from many people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.