Power Sword vs Lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ricrery
A Powersword is a weapon used by the Space Marines. The Lightsaber is the favorite weapon of a Jedi/Sith. Yet which is the better weapon?

ricrery
Anyone?

Lord Lucien
A lightsaber. Wrong forum.

ricrery
Oh really?

Anon E. Mous
Yes, they have infinite charge, and can cut through (almost) anything. Power swords have charges, and cannot be used after they are depleted. Also I think lightsabers have a longer range than them.

ricrery
Yet a Power Sword disintegrates instead of melts like the Lightsaber. People think Lightsabers can pierce adamantium, they can't, but Power Swords can and do.

Slash_KMC
Why can't Lightsabers pierce adamantium?

Prove up.

Lord Lucien
He can not. He's doing a crossover.

ricrery
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Why can't Lightsabers pierce adamantium?

Prove up.

Lightsabers struggle against layers of metal doors, and can Lightsabers pierce Durasteel? Can Lightsabers pierce quantum crystalline armor made for the Sun Crusher?

Slash_KMC
Okay... Now prove that adamantium isn't waaaay weaker than durasteel and the stuff made for the Sun Crusher.

Because now I can be like,
oh noez, duraasteel s mch strongar thaan teh admntiums,,,

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He can not. He's doing a crossover.

Slash_KMC
I know, but instead of just telling him, I want to make him realize it.

Lord Lucien
He never will. And do you know why? Because he's a Scot. *hearty laugh*

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ricrery
Lightsabers struggle against layers of metal doors, and can Lightsabers pierce Durasteel? Can Lightsabers pierce quantum crystalline armor made for the Sun Crusher? If you'll watch the movies, lightsaber don't "struggle against layers of metal doors." They cut through with ease hunks of durasteel (which every building in Star Wars generic construction is made out of). The materials which it can't cut through, corstosis, phrik, Mandalorian iron, etc., have special energy and heat resistant properties which work against the lightsaber's functioning.

What you now need to do, is prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that adamantium has the exact same properties. Hardness and durability don't mean shit. Provide us with an official Marvel source that says that adamantium has similar properties as the above materials, and you'll have your point.

ricrery
If you'll watch the movies, lightsaber don't "struggle against layers of metal doors." They cut through with ease hunks of durasteel (which every building in Star Wars generic construction is made out of). The materials which it can't cut through, corstosis, phrik, Mandalorian iron, etc., have special energy and heat resistant properties which work against the lightsaber's functioning.

What you now need to do, is prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that adamantium has the exact same properties. Hardness and durability don't mean shit. Provide us with an official Marvel source that says that adamantium has similar properties as the above materials, and you'll have your point.

The Marvel source says adamantium is virtually indestructible. Well... adamantium in 40k get hit from advanced nuclear hits without dents or any damage, and the ships can get near stars without damage unless their engines blow up. Is that enough proof?

Lord Lucien
The Marvel source says adamantium is virtually indestructible. Well... adamantium in 40k get hit from advanced nuclear hits without dents or any damage, and the ships can get near stars without damage unless their engines blow up. Is that enough proof? No, it's not. A source from one mythos calling a substance virtually indestructible does not take make it impervious to damage from an energy source in another mythos.

We're trying to show you that can not compare and come up with accurate calculations when discussing things unique to each universe. It's been kind of accepted round here that Warhammer kicks Star Wars' ass, adamantium or not. But you actually need a source from Marvel which compares the energy output of a lightsaber to the resistance of admantium. Show us that.

ricrery
No, it's not. A source from one mythos calling a substance virtually indestructible does not take make it impervious to damage from an energy source in another mythos.

We're trying to show you that can not compare and come up with accurate calculations when discussing things unique to each universe. It's been kind of accepted round here that Warhammer kicks Star Wars' ass, adamantium or not. But you actually need a source from Marvel which compares the energy output of a lightsaber to the resistance of admantium. Show us that.

Well I don't have any proof of that, but which would have a better knock back, a power sword or a lightsaber.

There was a delusional Star Wars fanboy who said I was wrong when I said there 1 trillion people on Coruscant and that most of them were human, he said there were 100+ quadrillion... that is just sad... and that there were hundreds of millions of solar systems controlled (I said 12 million). He said Star Wars easily beat Warhammer 40k. He ignored the numerous occasions I brought up the Blackstone Fortresses or Necron ships, funny thing is... Tyranids would destroy all of Star Wars with little difficultly.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
He never will. And do you know why? Because he's a Scot. *hearty laugh* That's not the reason. it's because he's an idiot.

well, and a scot embarrasment

ricrery
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
That's not the reason. it's because he's an idiot.

well, and a scot embarrasment

I am not... well I'm not embarrasment

~:Mr.Anderson:~
I am not... well I'm not embarrasment
Well I don't have any proof of that

stop being inconsistent >:-(

ricrery
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
stop being inconsistent >:-(

embarrasment

bane's heart
lightsaber ftw

Captain REX
Anderson, don't call people names. It's really simple.

And sorry, ricrery, but we don't do crossovers in the SWVs. due to the fact that most people never agree on things and just argue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.