Exar Kun's Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideon
In the interest of fairness, here is the beginning paragraph of Exar Kun's entry in the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia:

"Exar Kun Once the most powerful and dangerous of the Dark Lords of the Sith, he was responsible for the deaths of millions four millennia before the Rise of the Empire. Killed by an overwhelming force of Jedi, the dark spirit of Exar Kun survived across the vastness of time to challenge Luke Skywalker and a new group of Jedi trainees."

With one of the new LotF books (Faunus pointed it out) mentioning that Caedus is "the most powerful of the Sith Lords" and now this, Palpatine seems to be having some stiff competition.

Discuss.

Lord Lucien
I question the validity of such statements, as they seem to be attempts by the writer's poetic license to make the subject seem even more important and influential by adding the "one of the most powerful" idiom.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I question the validity of such statements, as they seem to be attempts by the writer's poetic license to make the subject seem even more important and influential by adding the "one of the most powerful" idiom.

Well, to be fair, Exar Kun was rather impressive. The amulet blasts, his skill with a lightsaber, and the required force to terminate his life (both times).

They're canon statements. I'm not going to subscribe to Illustrious's inane theory of "disregard all of it I don't like" (which is why I made this thread), and with work, I'm sure most if it can fit into a cogent continuity.

Lightsnake
Once the most powerful. When Exar was alive, who was his competition? Ulic? Aleema?

Gideon
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Once the most powerful. When Exar was alive, who was his competition? Ulic? Aleema?

Interpretation is a factor, but I'll play devil's advocate and point out that the quote can be taken as -- when he was alive -- he was the most powerful of the Dark Lords of the Sith.

There was no other Dark Lord of the Sith at the time, so it could refer to the Sith Lords that preceded Kun or, perhaps, the most powerful of the Sith ever.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by Gideon
In the interest of fairness, here is the beginning paragraph of Exar Kun's entry in the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia:

"Exar Kun Once the most powerful and dangerous of the Dark Lords of the Sith, he was responsible for the deaths of millions four millennia before the Rise of the Empire. Killed by an overwhelming force of Jedi, the dark spirit of Exar Kun survived across the vastness of time to challenge Luke Skywalker and a new group of Jedi trainees."

With one of the new LotF books (Faunus pointed it out) mentioning that Caedus is "the most powerful of the Sith Lords" and now this, Palpatine seems to be having some stiff competition.

Discuss.

I would like to call to attention the dodgy choice of words. "ONCE the most powerful and dangerous of the dark lords of the sith". ONCE. during his era, i'm pretty sure nobody is willing to argue that he was the most powerful and dangerous. After bigger, better things, like revan, nihilus, bane, and sideous came along, he would have no longer been the most powerful.

Eminence
Gideon
With one of the new LotF books (Faunus pointed it out) mentioning that Caedus is "the most powerful of the Sith Lords"You sure that was me?

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Gideon

Discuss.

eh. his feats contradict the quote if its to be taken as the most powerful including all the eras. he simply has never displayed the skills required to be in even the top 5.

SIDIOUS 66
You're kidding, right?

WO Polaski
i dont go by quotes and hearsay i go by feats and showings and their personalities. so i suppose on kmc and by kmc rules the quote may very well apply and be valid. but otherwise... i dont buy it.

Dr McBeefington
Gideon that quote about Caedus was downplayed and replaced with "one of the most powerful sith lords of all time". Exar Kun, while impressive, had 6 months to study Sadow's knowledge, and only really Sadow's knowledge. I would venture to say that Nadd had more knowledge than Kun, which included King Adas' holocron, and Nadd's holocron which took Bane 10 years to learn.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by WO Polaski
i dont go by quotes and hearsay i go by feats and showings and their personalities. so i suppose on kmc and by kmc rules the quote may very well apply and be valid. but otherwise... i dont buy it.

Yeah, feats and showings; Kun was a bad-ass.

Fan Skywalker
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Gideon that quote about Caedus was downplayed and replaced with "one of the most powerful sith lords of all time". Exar Kun, while impressive, had 6 months to study Sadow's knowledge, and only really Sadow's knowledge. I would venture to say that Nadd had more knowledge than Kun, which included King Adas' holocron, and Nadd's holocron which took Bane 10 years to learn.

Not that i don't trust you but can i have a link confirming that Caedus's quote was edited (I assume the quote we are talking about derived from from Star Wars Blood Oath's publisher summary)?

WO Polaski
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Yeah, feats and showings; Kun was a bad-ass.

not enough to make him a really threatening top-tier.

SIDIOUS 66
I can't think of too many sith more powerful.

ares834
not enough to make him a really threatening top-tier.
He froze the entire Senate with a simple spell and pwned Vodo. He also managed to tear Luke's spirit out of his body and create evil "birds" out of the dark side... That is pretty damn powerful.

SIDIOUS 66
Not to mention his ambulet blasts that can shatter stone.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by ares834
He froze the entire Senate with a simple spell

and how do you know how much prep and or meditation went into that spell? he never used it in combat once. hell he never used it again period.

the same vodo who never did anything remarkable except for make his stick somewhat lightsaber proof?

he didnt do it alone. and ultimately luke defeated with the help of... a baby.

not really that impressive when you take into consideration the grad daddy powers displayed by other sith and jedi.

WO Polaski
Not to mention his ambulet blasts that can shatter stone.

not his own power. thats like saying naga sados badass because he can blow up stars... even though he did it with a ship. hmmm

ares834
and how do you know how much prep and or meditation went into that spell? he never used it in combat once. hell he never used it again period.
So. Its an impressive display of power regardless if it had prep. Also the fact that they didn't freeze untill he walked in implies that it dosn't require prep unless he can some how hold it in and save it for later.

Luke is the most powerfulk Jedi ever, of course he beat Kun. Regardless he still tore out his spirit which is very impressive even if someone was helping him.

The fact that no other force user has ever done something remotely similar is a testiment to its power. And what "grad daddy powers" are you talking about?

SIDIOUS 66
not his own power. thats like saying naga sados badass because he can blow up stars... even though he did it with a ship. hmmm

Who would you say is top tier?

Dr McBeefington
Luke, Yoda, Sidious, Caedus, Andeddu, Muur, sith emperor.

SIDIOUS 66
What puts the sith emperor above Kun?

Eminence
The last three definitely need substantiation.

WO Polaski
Who would you say is top tier?

bane luke sideous caedus and possibly revan. id also be willing to throw yoda up there though thats a stretch. if he ws up there hed probably be the closest to kun in skillz.

Slash_KMC
Yeah, where do you pull that Sith Emperor out of?

SIDIOUS 66
bane luke sideous caedus and possibly revan. You said you go by feats and showings, and Revan has hardly any. Use another one.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by ares834
So. Its an impressive display of power regardless if it had prep. Also the fact that they didn't freeze untill he walked in implies that it dosn't require prep unless he can some how hold it in and save it for later.

we dont know either way. the fact that he never used it again or even attempted to use it in a combat situation or otherwise implies that he cant do it whenever he wants to.

he tore it out with the aid of kyp durron one of the strongest force users in terms of sheer brute strength in the entire mythos. erm no proof or implications that he could have done so by himself. hell for all we know kyp may have been doing most of the work.

what? naga sado created tons of monsters using sith magic. in fact thats where kun learned the ability. in addition plagueis did the same thing and a group of no-name dark jedi did it to recreate darth maul. using the force to create creatures isnt a unique ability and as weve seen only requires time and knowledge not necessarily power.

creating a sentient being, force storms capable of ripping apart space-time itself and teleportating people, manipulating black holes, draining an entire planets civilization of its life force, pulling objects out of a sun, etc.

WO Polaski
You said you go by feats and showings, and Revan has hardly any. Use another one.

hence "possibly". thanks for trying though.

SIDIOUS 66
Not possibly to you, though. You only go by showings.

Oh, and.... possibly Yoda? Yoda pretty much is the shit.

WO Polaski
possibly because he has an assload of showings. only problem is that we have no diea which are canon and which arent.

yoda isnt the the shit compared to the ones ive listed.

Wolverine2179
eh. his feats contradict the quote if its to be taken as the most powerful including all the eras. he simply has never displayed the skills required to be in even the top 5. Sorry but quotes are canon and trump your biased opinions.

not enough to make him a really threatening top-tier. Right, freezing hundreds and thousands of people, killing a 1000 year old jedi that could easily cut people off the force isn't threatening at all.

Lets not forget that odan urr described exar kun as immensely strong in the force.

If it took prep time the illustrators would have made it obvious that he was "charging up" his powers.

Just because he didn't use it in combat, doesn't mean he won't.
Was there a threat or opponent dangerous enough for him to use it on?

No and before you bring up "oh he could have used it on vodo", well he simply made it obvious he wanted to tool his master in a pure lightsaber match.

he didnt do it alone. and ultimately luke defeated with the help of... a baby.
Uh no, it was the entire academy that killed exar kuns spirit.

bane luke sideous caedus and possibly revan. id also be willing to throw yoda up there though thats a stretch. if he ws up there hed probably be the closest to kun in skillz.

Double standard much? You claimed you go by feats "onry".

I don't care if its "possibly" revan, you yourself made it clear that you go only by feats.

we dont know either way. the fact that he never used it again or even attempted to use it in a combat situation or otherwise implies that he cant do it whenever he wants to.
And how many people had he actually faced during his reign as the dark lord of the sith, let alone anyone dangerous enough to use it on? The last i recall the only guy exar kun actually bothered to fight was vodo and ulic and these were merely lightsaber duels.

You claim he can't use it in combat, then you prove it. The burden of proof is on you.

If thats the case when was the last time sidious used a force storm to kill his opponents? Oh right because he never used it in a combat situation, it means he never ever will.

Oh, vader has never used his force crush technique(that destroyed a massive hut that was as durable and hard as steel) so it means that he never will and cannot do so in a combat situation.

I don't see sidious unleashing his entire aresenal of force powers in a fight yet whenever we debate sidious vs someone we always argue that he will use technique so and so despite the fact that he "has never shown it in a combat situation".

Just because these people don't showcase some of their powers in a fight doesn't mean they won't use it.

he tore it out with the aid of kyp durron one of the strongest force users in terms of sheer brute strength in the entire mythos. erm no proof or implications that he could have done so by himself. hell for all we know kyp may have been doing most of the work.
Mind you that kyp was merely a student at that time and had yet to even achieve a fraction of his potential.

Advent
My arguments for Kun sure go a long way.

Wolverine2179
Yes advent i did get quite a number from you, but i did so because i found them very very convincing.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Right, freezing hundreds and thousands of people, killing a 1000 year old jedi that could easily cut people off the force isn't threatening at all.

that freezing ability that he only used once? the 1000 year old jedi that if i remember right didnt even try to cut him off?

if youre really a body builder id say youre immensely strong. but immensely is a relative term. im a 19 year old girl who used to have borderline anorexia.

according to whom?

"cant". you mean cant. he never used it outside that one time then died.

considering he died prematurely due to overwhelming opposing forces? id say so.

an entire acadamy? you mean, about 10-20 people? 10-20 people that had less then a months worth of force training?

that i did.

and how does this prove he can do so? because hes never used it more then once that alone is proof that he can do it whenever?

cant prove a negative. but regardless im not proving anything. hes never used it in a combat situation so i have no reason to believe he can.

besides the fact that we saw him use it on a fleet and we saw him concoct it?

we know for a fact how force choke works and how it is cast. weve seen it used in combat before.

you wont see me arguing that sideous can use a certain power that he has never used in combat before unless the ability has been fully explained and we know how it works.

just because theyve shown to use it in X situation doesnt automatically mean they can use it in Y either.

yeah i know. thats why i consider him to be such a powerhouse.

Pyron_Knight
The lack of Nihilus is disturbing.
Or has Exar, Caedus, Sith Emperor or Revan destroyed planets, pulled ships out of gravity wells and held them together out of pure power?
Didn't think so.

But yeah it goes, for me:

1. Palpatine
2. Nihilus
3. Kun
4. Bane
5. Caedus

WO Polaski
forgot about nilhilus.

Wolverine2179
that freezing ability that he only used once? the 1000 year old jedi that if i remember right didnt even try to cut him off? A 1000 year old jedi that tried to cut him off the force but failed.

if youre really a body builder id say youre immensely strong. but immensely is a relative term. ? Thing is i am a bodybuilder, one that has actually gained recognition from IFBB professional bodybuilders and from an asian games champion, but then again what relevance does it have to this debate?

He was described as "immensely" strong due to the fact that he IS immensely strong in the force.

according to whom? A little thing you don't have called common sense.

"cant". you mean cant. he never used it outside that one time then died.
No, its "didn't" considering the fact that vodo and ulic were the only people he actually faced as his reign as the dark lord.

Your the one making the claim he can't use it so you prove it, it isn't a negative.

you forget how his freezing technique falls under sith sorcery which
has been employed in combat by several other characters(think of people like aleema keto, mighella and the nightsisters).

considering he died prematurely due to overwhelming opposing forces? id say so
Your claiming he can't ever use it in combat simply because he has never done so, i'm simply arguing that there wasn't anyone else to use it on hun. But then again ill give you the details below.

an entire acadamy? you mean, about 10-20 people? 10-20 people that had less then a months worth of force training?
The keyword is combined might of the academy, go read the essential gudie to characters.

and how does this prove he can do so? because hes never used it more then once that alone is proof that he can do it whenever? That is horrible logic my friend, how does not showcasing your powers in a duel means you cannot use it at all when you choose? Why do you avoid the question? Or are you simply too unintelligent to answer the question and start throwing fallacies? What do you have to backup this horrid logic of yours?

cant prove a negative. but regardless im not proving anything. hes never used it in a combat situation so i have no reason to believe he can. Then the same can be said for palpatines force storm, nihilus draining technique and vaders force crush.

besides the fact that we saw him use it on a fleet and we saw him concoct it? Which means what exactly? You do know that the audio book stated that sidious was about to unleash another force storm in the room right before getting cut off?

Oh wait i forgot how you only go by feats so therefore that quote is non existant and non applicable and hence the force storm cannot be summoned by palpatine in a duel.

Holy shit i also forget that because revan never demonstrated the force storm lightning technique,(despite the source book stating it is one of his powers) it means he can't do so simply because we have never seen him do so!

OH MY i still forget how mace windu never demonstarted telekinesis in a fight, it means he cannot do so at all!!!!!

^ Do you see how faulty your logic is and how idiotic you are being?

we know for a fact how force choke works and how it is cast. weve seen it used in combat before.
So now your saying if we have seen it in combat before then therefore it is valid and applicable?

Ok then, you forgot that technique exar used to freeze asses is sith magic, sith sorcery and the fact that it has been used in combat before by several individuals(think of mighella or aleema).

Nice try hun, you just shot yourself on the foot.

you wont see me arguing that sideous can use a certain power that he has never used in combat before unless the ability has been fully explained and we know how it works.
The thing is it HAS been fully explained if you ever actually read the comic or the DSSB, that technique was a sith spell and sith spells has been SHOWN in combat before, i already explained in the above.

Or go read the TOTJ comics, they show sith spells and sith sorcery being utilized in combat.

just because theyve shown to use it in X situation doesnt automatically mean they can use it in Y either.
Spare me the migraine and read the above.

yeah i know. thats why i consider him to be such a powerhouse. Yeah you do, despite the fact that during dark apprentice he wasn't anywhere near powerful.

WO Polaski

Do you see how faulty your logic is and how idiotic you are being?

i dont know who you think are or who youre used to talking to but you really need to understand that i dont have a very tolerance for aggressive people and you are an aggressive speaker. the above section of your post that i quoted isnt bashing imo and youre not breaking the rules but im just requesting that you try keep in mind that in the end this is discussion on the internet if you want to continue to talk to me.

SIDIOUS 66
possibly because he has an assload of showings. only problem is that we have no diea which are canon and which arent. Game mechanics are non-canon.

Yoda stalemated one of the ones you listed in a force and saber duel.

Since you go by showings alone, Yoda should be top-dog to you. Yoda took out a small army of King Alaric's troops with a wave of his hand. On Rugosa Yoda used the force to easily catch an avalanche of maybe a ton of free falling boulders in mid-air, right after he shamed Ventress with the force. During the battle of Coruscant Yoda used the force to lift entire landing crafts, and slam them into each other.

Yoda was one of the few ever to be able to absorb and redirect force lightning with his bare hands. He even absorbed the lightning of the most powerful Sith Lord in history.

And that is only some of Yoda's feats.

Wolverine2179
i dont know who you think are or who youre used to talking to but you really need to understand that i dont have a very tolerance for aggressive people and you are an aggressive speaker. the above section of your post that i quoted isnt bashing imo and youre not breaking the rules but im just requesting that you try keep in mind that in the end this is discussion on the internet if you want to continue to talk to me. Very well, then you have my sincere apologies, i tend to go overboard when i get into debates sometimes.

Nevertheless this is a good debate, i have listed all my points already as to why exar might be a top 5 tier kind of guy, if you still choose to argue and debate the issue, then i have nothing left to say even if you reply to my last post.

But just remember that despite your opinions, i have mine and both of us are inclined to disagree.

So once again my apologies and it was a rather good debate smile

Oh and thank you for your patience, a certain moderator i know would have slapped me with a ban if i acted aggressive.

Dr McBeefington
I consider the sith emperor and Muur top tier largely because of their knowledge. Muur managed to transfer his consciousness into his talisman, which created raghouls, and lived for almost 7,000 years as a spirit. The Sith Emperor somehow managed to survive over 1,400 years. They all had these ridiculous darkside healing techniques.

Nephthys
Knowledge doesn't = power though. Sidious himself states this. Also, Andenddu got his butt whooped by Wyyrlok, so I doubt he'd be in the top tier, or at least not above said Wyyrlok.

WO Polaski
Very well, then you have my sincere apologies, i tend to go overboard when i get into debates sometimes.

Nevertheless this is a good debate, i have listed all my points already as to why exar might be a top 5 tier kind of guy, if you still choose to argue and debate the issue, then i have nothing left to say even if you reply to my last post.

But just remember that despite your opinions, i have mine and both of us are inclined to disagree.

So once again my apologies and it was a rather good debate smile

Oh and thank you for your patience, a certain moderator i know would have slapped me with a ban if i acted aggressive.

its fine i have no intention of not replying to your earlier post i just wanted to make sure you werent going to go off on me or anything. ill reply to it when i get home. smile

Wolverine2179
To be honest, im not interested in replying or reading your rebutall, its not that i decide to lose this one, is that i have more important matters to take care of.

Its also that i can get extremely aggresive when somone disagrees with me.

Lord Lucien
To be honest, im not interested in replying or reading your rebutall, its not that i decide to lose this one, is that i have more important matters to take care of.

Its also that i can get extremely aggresive when somone disagrees with me. No you can't.

Wolverine2179
I can actually, theres a reason i got slapped with 3 bans in the past.

I can actually, theres a reason i got slapped with 3 bans in the past. wow, you must have some skill at getting banned for being a b1tch! I think i will respect you more!

seriously, why did you even post this?

Wolverine2179
For the sake of it, but if i may ask why are you being rude to me? I do like your presence in the forums because you make a lot of posts that make me laugh out loud(they are quite funny honestly).

Dr McBeefington
For the sake of it, but if i may ask why are you being rude to me? I do like your presence in the forums because you make a lot of posts that make me laugh out loud(they are quite funny honestly).

This is the wrong forum to get bitchy.

Wolverine2179
Do i look anything like being bitchy at all?

Really if simply questioning another member as to why he is being rude is considered bitchy then i wonder what are you when you get into heated debates when people disagree with you.

WO Polaski

i understand. dont worry about it its all good.

Dr McBeefington
Do i look anything like being bitchy at all?

Really if simply questioning another member as to why he is being rude is considered bitchy then i wonder what are you when you get into heated debates when people disagree with you.

I don't care if people disagree with me as long as they're right or at the very least came to some sort of rational conclusion.

well i was feeling a little bitchy that day, i had spent all day since midnight puking every half an hour, but the ability to get banned for being aggresive on the interwebz is not something to brag about.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
well i was feeling a little bitchy that day, i had spent all day since midnight puking every half an hour, but the ability to get banned for being aggresive on the interwebz is not something to brag about. Thing is i never bragged about it, the other guy was claiming i can't get aggressive, i merely claimed i got banned because i got aggressive in the past to prove him wrong.

Its not like "Oh i g0t b@nN3d 3t!m3s s0 Ur @ b!@tCh c0mp@r3d 2 m3!!!11one!one" at every post.

But then again just drop it, i don't want this to turn ugly and i don't think you want it to either.

Thing is i never bragged about it, the other guy was claiming i can't get aggressive, i merely claimed i got banned because i got aggressive in the past to prove him wrong.

Its not like "Oh i g0t b@nN3d 3t!m3s s0 Ur @ b!@tCh c0mp@r3d 2 m3!!!11one!one" at every post.

But then again just drop it, i don't want this to turn ugly and i don't think you want it to either. how about we try and keep it from turning ugly and make it turn unbelievably sexy? smokin'

Wolverine2179
That i have no problem with wink

My place or yours?

Wolverine2179
Probably yours

k.

Elite Hunter
I made this Exar Kun post in project holocron a while back. Some of this maybe wrong(my own view in certain areas may have changed) but I'll post it anyway.

Wolverine2179
I got a question elite, where would you rank kun upon the top 10 strongest sith?

Lord Lucien
I'd say 5 or 6. Maybe 7.

Wait, I'm not Elite!

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
not his own power. thats like saying naga sados badass because he can blow up stars... even though he did it with a ship. hmmm Problem is it was stated that the amulet was stated to merely channel his energy into a beam. So yes, it is of his own power.

Ms.Marvel
but in the end he is still required to perform it with an amulet. despite it channeling his own power it is not something he can do by himself. mmm

Wolverine2179
But your claim it was not of his own power which i am refuting, not weather he needed the amulet to do it or not.

Ms.Marvel
youre misudnerstanding what i said my friend. by saying that he could not do it under his own power what i mean is that he can not do it by himself. i was not referring specifically to his "force power".

Wolverine2179
No you didn't, you clearly stated that it was not his own power.

"not his own power" - Ms marvel

EDIT: If you truly meant it that way you would have mentioned "He could not do it without the aid of the amulet despite it being his own power".

Ms.Marvel
thats what i said yeah. and thats what i meant. no expression

Wolverine2179
No you didn't you claim he could not do it because the amulet was not his power(your claiming the beam is conjured by the amulets energy, not his own) when the facts state that the amulet merely channels his power into a beam.

Ms.Marvel
where did i say that the beam itself makes up its own energy? if i did say that then i apologize but i dont remember saying it. can you quote it for me?

Wolverine2179
Well, if your saying that its not of exar kuns own power, your implying that the force energy produced by the amulet is from the amulet by itself and that the energy wasn't from kun.

Thats the impression some of us might get.

But i don't know why im arguing this now, aleema performed the same "force blast" without an amulet so now im getting a head ache.

Advent
popQ4EJASFIO[N834WERHT-FNQ3ERWSDMPOAKF[DC'SDXFZZXFGCSDFF

Advent
DFZGBDFCVBDZFXCVGEDFCBXRDFRszdewSDgvadfxcgb

Autokrat
Exar Kun's amulet simply replicates a Force Power than can be done without the amulet.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_blast

The amulet simply enhances the blast and makes it uber.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Advent
popQ4EJASFIO Were you going to tear me the shreds again?

Advent
Were you going to tear me the shreds again?

I was going to attempt to explain what Miss meant, then realized I wasn't sure what she meant, so the babble made much more sense.

Wolverine2179
Well the impression i got from her at least was that she was implying the energy/power came from the amulet and not kun himself.

Its not that i'm trying to be a smartass or anything..

Advent
Well the impression i got from her at least was that she was implying the energy/power came from the amulet and not kun himself.

Its not that i'm trying to be a smartass or anything..

No one said you were...

However, Miss would be generally right in that respect since the gauntlet is stated to amplify his rage a thousand fold. That same rage is then focused into the amulet to produce those destructive blasts of energy. Without using the gauntlet as a conduit, the blasts we see against Aleema, for example, aren't even shown to singe her dress.

Wolverine2179
Alright but can we conclude that exar is a top tier combatant because in my opinion i believe he is.

In regards to the amulet so what it does is actually amplify exar kuns powers when he unleashes them or something like that?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Autokrat
Exar Kun's amulet simply replicates a Force Power than can be done without the amulet.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_blast

The amulet simply enhances the blast and makes it uber.

Wow congratulations. You've just destroyed every antediluvian argument in favor of Exar Kun.

Eminence
... How?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Eminence
... How?

The fact that it's a power that can be learned from anybody and wasn't just subjected to amulets.

Eminence
Which doesn't change much at all. The only people who knew it before are the only people who know it now.

Dr McBeefington
Which doesn't change much at all. The only people who knew it before are the only people who know it now.

I'm guessing anyone who knows sith magic is familiar with the technique.

Eminence
DS
I'm guessing anyone who knows sith magic is familiar with the technique. Why?

Consider how few people actually practiced Sith magic with any degree of proficiency; the Ketos, Kun, Nadd, Zannah, presumably a host of ancient Sith, and some random Bothan shown on the Wikia. Aleema Keto used the power to no effect against Exar Kun before he reaches his peak. I had already assumed that the ancients were familiar with the ability, considering it'd been passed down through the amulets. Zannah is given a scroll detailing the use of a select few spells, IIRC, and Bane himself is entirely unfamiliar with the brand of Force use.

Kun's amulet still amplifies the power of the blasts exponentially, which is an advantage other potential practitioners of the technique don't have. At the end of the day, I'm not seeing the changes.

Dr McBeefington
Why?

Consider how few people actually practiced Sith magic with any degree of proficiency; the Ketos, Kun, Nadd, Zannah, presumably a host of ancient Sith, and some random Bothan shown on the Wikia. Aleema Keto used the power to no effect against Exar Kun before he reaches his peak. I had already assumed that the ancients were familiar with the ability, considering it'd been passed down through the amulets. Zannah is given a scroll detailing the use of a select few spells, IIRC, and Bane himself is entirely unfamiliar with the brand of Force use.

Kun's amulet still amplifies the power of the blasts exponentially, which is an advantage other potential practitioners of the technique don't have. At the end of the day, I'm not seeing the changes. \

The change being the fact that the "amulet blast" is just part of sith magic. In fact, I think Ulic did some sort of blast with his sith talisman to get Nomi and the Jedi away from him. So the "amulet blasts" don't see exclusive to Exar Kun.

Eminence
This doesn't "destroy" any arguments unless it means the attack is any less lethal than it was before. It isn't. And the "amulet blasts" are as exclusive as they've always been, because you need the amulet to create blasts of that magnitude.

Dr McBeefington
This doesn't "destroy" any arguments unless it means the attack is any less lethal than it was before. It isn't. And the "amulet blasts" are as exclusive as they've always been, because you need the amulet to create blasts of that magnitude.

Fair enough. It sheds new light on the evidence though.

Ms.Marvel

according to that article cin drallig could do it to. and hes hardly a bastion of force potency i think.

Autokrat
according to that article cin drallig could do it to. and hes hardly a bastion of force potency i think.

In the highly canonical RotS Video game...

Ms.Marvel
did that particular segment contradict anything we saw in the movies or the other established canon?

Eminence
Yeah. Drallig is confirmed to die rather quickly, with a slash through the shoulder, in both DN and apparently a SW Insider article. Not to mention the entire opening sequence.

Autokrat
did that particular segment contradict anything we saw in the movies or the other established canon?

It does, not to mention that Drallig is a Jedi... and this Force Blast power is Sith Magic.

Now, maybe I'm way off base, but I don't think Cin Drallig knew or practiced Sith Magic.

Ms.Marvel
Yeah. Drallig is confirmed to die rather quickly, with a slash through the shoulder, in both DN and apparently a SW Insider article. Not to mention the entire opening sequence.

whats dn mean?

Originally posted by Autokrat
It does, not to mention that Drallig is a Jedi... and this Force Blast power is Sith Magic.

Now, maybe I'm way off base, but I don't think Cin Drallig knew or practiced Sith Magic.

okay.

Wolverine2179
Dark nest.

Ms.Marvel
thank you.

Wolverine2179
Np *wink wink*

Eminence
no expression

no

Ms.Marvel
**** the shut up! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.