Are all clones really loyal to the Republic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrandonNguyen42
I only asked this question because i read on Wookieepedia that aclone named Captain climber saved Roan Shryne from another clone .

Slash_KMC
So no, not all clones are fully loyal.

BrandonNguyen42
Then why does every body make such a big deal about clones being completely loyal to the republic?

Slash_KMC
Because almost every clone follows orders blindly without thinking about it.

Slash_KMC
*Waits for someone to notice tautology*

Captain REX
Who's making a big deal about it? The vast majority of the Clone Army was completely loyal. If you'd read the book in which Roan Shryne was saved, it hammers it out very plainly that the clones who saved him were trained to be independent.

Darth Rex
The clones who had saved him were commandos. They were independent like Captain REX said. All the main clones were loyal but I think some ARCs changed sides to the rebellion I think.
The ARCs and Commandos were meant to be independent. Thats why they could change sides.

chilled monkey
I've only recently started reading this book, but I'd also like to point out that Climber mentions that he's loyal to the Republic, not to Palpatine first and foremost.

So to answer the OP, yes, all clones are loyal to the Republic, but not all of them are blindly obedient to Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.