Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
The Duo find themself's on a different planet; Earth. They must kill any and everything that threatens there well-being. They are dressed in there robes, have both there utility belts and lightsaber, and are full capable of using there full range of Force powers and abilities unless specified. These are the ROTS versions of each other, and Skywalker is a Jedi. All fights are in an USAF base hangar spanning the size of three football fields. They must defeat the following opponents. They are rested and fully healed from there injuries after each battle. How far can they get. Be descriptive and give reasonings.

Rules:
1. No using Force attacks they haven't shown. No Force Grip for Anakin seeing as how he used it as a Sith.
2. Holding opponents in one place with the Force is not allowed.
3. Kenobi and Skywalker will fight in character. They're not bloodlusted; but are going for kill.
4. Adamantium has limited resistance to Adamantium but can't sustain repeated strikes.

Opposition:
1. Witch King & Nazgul
2. Wolverine & Sabretooth
3. Spider-Man & Green Goblin
4. 50 Borg Drones
5. Thing & Mr. Fantastic
6. Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey
7. Xenomorph Queen
8. 5 T-X
9. Bumblebee
10. Hulk (2008)

Rogue Jedi
I think they get to Hulk, then Hulk eats them and craps them out in little green Hulk poop.

Darth Martin
I don't know they may be too fast for Hulk. After all, Blonsky was dodging some attacks.

jaden101
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The Duo find themself's on a different planet; Earth. They must kill any and everything that threatens there well-being. They are dressed in there robes, have both there utility belts and lightsaber, and are full capable of using there full range of Force powers and abilities unless specified. These are the ROTS versions of each other, and Skywalker is a Jedi. All fights are in an USAF base hangar spanning the size of three football fields. They must defeat the following opponents. They are rested and fully healed from there injuries after each battle. How far can they get. Be descriptive and give reasonings.

Rules:
1. No using Force attacks they haven't shown. No Force Grip for Anakin seeing as how he used it as a Sith.
2. Holding opponents in one place with the Force is not allowed.
3. Kenobi and Skywalker will fight in character. They're not bloodlusted; but are going for kill.
4. Adamantium has limited resistance to Adamantium but can't sustain repeated strikes.

Opposition:
1. Witch King & Nazgul
4. 50 Borg Drones
5. Thing & Mr. Fantastic
7. Xenomorph Queen
8. 5 T-X
9. Bumblebee
10. Hulk (2008)

I think your list might be a little off...If a screaming PMT lesbian in a lumbering hydralic lifter can beat the xenomorph queen then I think Spiderman and the Green Goblin can.

I would also put those 2 above 50 bord drones.

Speaking of the drones...I wonder if they could and would adapt to lightsabres

It also bring up the most ridiculously pointless question ever raised in sci-fi...Can a lightsabre cut through adamantium?....Which will never get answered definitively simply due to the massive levels of pathetic fanboyism on both sides.

Rogue Jedi
What exactly are a Borg's attributes?

jaden101
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
What exactly are a Borg's attributes?

You mean what is it capable of in terms of defence and attack?

A borg drone is augmented with artificial implants which increase strength to a large degree making them far more physically powerful than most humanoid lifeforms in star trek...They have an exoskeleton capable of absorbing or deflecting up to 5,000,000 gigawatts of power. They can survive in open space despite the vacuum and cold. Their eye-piece can see the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as analyse things at the molecular level. They are connected to each other via a system not unlike a transporter beam although it can reach over much larger distances...Through this, when one is killed, the others can analyse the frequency of the direct energy weapon that was used to kill it and adapt their personal shielding to compensate for the frequency of the weapon...Thus rendering them useless after 2 or 3 uses. They have highly resistant mechanical parts which can deploy nanobots which are injected through almost indestructible tubules and go on to assimilate and create technological implants into their "victim" and eventually take over them and make them part of the collective.

It would be interesting to see how the borg nanites would tackle midichlorians though.

Rogue Jedi
Damn.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by jaden101
Can a lightsabre cut through adamantium? For this thread, yes, but only after repeated strikes to give Wolverine a chance. Sabretooth doesn't have adamantium.

Originally posted by jaden101
Speaking of the drones...I wonder if they could and would adapt to lightsabres We have no reason to believe they couldn't adapt to lightsabers.

What exactly are a Borg's attributes? They are a collective of drones who have been assimilated from all kinds of species. They're slow but very strong. Easily superhuman in strength. They also can adapt to energy attacks.

Rogue Jedi
Can a Borg be decaffeinated by a saber?

Darth Martin
Can a Borg be decaffeinated by a saber? confused

Rogue Jedi
Decapitated.

Darth Martin
Yes but after, say, 10-20 kills the Borg will adapt and there lightsaber will become ineffective on the drones.

Rogue Jedi
Thats stupid.

Darth Martin
What is? You doubt what I just said or you just don't like there ability?

Rogue Jedi
It just seems.....stupid. Can they be killed by other means? Blunt trauma to the head? Stabbed with a pitchfork?

Darth Martin
Yes. Data has manhandled them by the multiples in H2H. They are too strong physically for the Jedi. Worf would get dominated H2H for example, and he's twice as strong as a human I'd say. But the Jedi can use there lightsabers coupled with the enviorment. As well as there Forced abilities. Doubt the Borg could adapt to the Force.

Picard killed 2 Borg Drones in the holodeck with a tommy gun in First Contact.

Rogue Jedi
I think the Jedi would pwn them then.

Darth Martin
I think they will clear it. These two have great teamwork and are too good and skilled.

Rogue Jedi
Clear the Hulk?

Darth Martin
My fault. They'd likely stop at Hulk. The lightsaber would most likely pierce Hulk, could it cut his limbs off?

Placidity

Opposition:
1. Witch King & Nazgul
4. 50 Borg Drones
5. Thing & Mr. Fantastic
7. Xenomorph Queen
8. 5 T-X
9. Bumblebee
10. Hulk (2008)

I disagree with the order of the gauntlet...

They will have trouble with these (and maybe others):

Opposition:

- Green Goblin is pretty much a majorly beefed up Jango Fett. With his disintegration bombs, razor bats, missiles and auto machine fire? They take this handily. Spidey can also spam webbing. \

- The Jedi have no defense against Cyclops when he takes off his visors/glasses.

Darth Martin
Taking off his visor wouldn't be in character. And they can deflect the optic blast with there lightsabers.

Placidity
Taking off his visor wouldn't be in character. And they can deflect the optic blast with there lightsabers.

Not really, even in normal mode, he can make his beams quite large in radius.

Robtard
Cyclops' blast are concussion and they hit with tremendous force, so a Jedi is likely to lose his sabre when trying to block.

Though that is only if Cyclops is using a narrow-line blast, if he makes it wide, the Sabre could only block a small area of it; the Jedi be hit in other parts of the body and blasted to shit. As Placidity said.

Darth Martin
So where do they stop?

If the order is so hard, feel free to rearrange in in your choosing.

Dr Will Hatch
Can Anakin use his feats from the original trilogy? If so, he can probably block Cyclop's blasts with his hands. There is no reason to believe it is more powerful than a blaster.

BTW, I think they clear the gauntlet. Mind tricks FTW against the Hulk.

Rogue Jedi
Shit I forgot the mind trick. Clear. Damn you, Will.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Can Anakin use his feats from the original trilogy? If so, he can probably block Cyclop's blasts with his hands. There is no reason to believe it is more powerful than a blaster.

BTW, I think they clear the gauntlet. Mind tricks FTW against the Hulk. Cyclop's optic blasts are alot more powerful than a blaster. May not be more lethal(he can set it to different settings) but it knocks people on there asses, blasters don't do that. I'm not sure if that was under Vader's Force powers or just his suit. I like to think those are his Force abilities. But OT Vader>>>>Anakin as far as the Force goes.

We don't know if a mind trick will work on Hulk. 616 Hulk is immune to telepathy. 616 Xavier can't do shit against him, much less a Jedi. But that's comics.

Dr Will Hatch
Cyclop's optic blasts are alot more powerful than a blaster. May not be more lethal(he can set it to different settings) but it knocks people on there asses, blasters don't do that. I'm not sure if that was under Vader's Force powers or just his suit. I like to think those are his Force abilities. But OT Vader>>>>Anakin as far as the Force goes.

We don't know if a mind trick will work on Hulk. 616 Hulk is immune to telepathy. 616 Xavier can't do shit against him, much less a Jedi. But that's comics.

Cyclops certainly has a better range and magnitude because he doesn't have to press a trigger, but would a single shot of energy from him equal a shot from a blaster?

Anyway, that's a nonsense question. I think the Jedi are too fast and would dodge the optic blasts.

Darth Martin
but would a single shot of energy from him equal a shot from a blaster?

Anyway, that's a nonsense question. I think the Jedi are too fast and would dodge the optic blasts. I don't think it would be as lethal. It won't kill but concussively, it will be more powerful.

I tend to agree. I think the Jedi will dodge as well. Sabretooth did. smile

Quiero Mota
I think the Jedi are really over-rated. Obiwan and Anakin look good against the mindless robots in the movies, but that line-up would clean their clock. Didn't Windu say "We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers"? Because who would acutally go into a warzone with nothing but a karate gi and a sword, even if its a lightsaber. No wonder the Emperor could pull such a double cross on them.

Dr Will Hatch
Because the Jedi are super duper freakin powerful? I know they didn't do much in the movies, but even those feats elevate them to respectful superhuman levels. Potentially they are invincible.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Didn't Windu say "We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers"? Because who would acutally go into a warzone with nothing but a karate gi and a sword, even if its a lightsaber. Incorrect. He was referring to the fact that Palpatine should not expect the Jedi Order to fight there battles and go to war. Which they ended up doing in the end.

Potentially they are invincible. Far from it actually. That is if were discussing the movie versions. Some of the EU versions aand cartoons potray them as ridiculously powered beings.

Dr Will Hatch
That's what I meant, and it ties in to what Yoda said about the Force in "Empire". Basically Jedi and Sith(Among other Force users) are empaths to the totality of existence.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.