Darth Maul vs Captain America vs Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
This is a triple threat match. The setting is where Darth Maul dueled Kenobi and Qui Gon in TPM. He has no prior knowledge to the enviorment so not to have an advantage. Captain America is from the Ultimate Avengers animated series by Lionsgate. Who takes this triple threat match to the death?

Darth Maul
Sith Apprentice
*Double-Bladed Lightsaber
*Force Abilities
*Master Martial Artist
*Master Acrobat
*Master Assassin

Captain America
Super Soldier
*Adamantium/Vibranium Shield
*Superhuman Strength & Durability
*Enhanced Speed & Reflexes
*Enhanced Agility & Stamina
*Master Martial Artist

Jango Fett
Bounty Hunter
*Mandalorian Armor
*Duel Blaster-Pistols
*Jetpack & Rocket Launcher
*Flame Thrower
*Wristblades & Grappling Hook

Robtard
Maul, probably.

Rogue Jedi
Probably.

BruceSkywalker
Maul way too easy

Nemesis X
There's a Captain America movie?

Darth Martin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Avengers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Avengers_2

Scythe
There's an old Captain America movie that came out in the late 80's or early 90's. I remember it, the Red Skull was the main villain.

Robtard
1990, starring Matt Salinger.

http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/craveonline.com/legacy/article_imgs/Image/captain2_p.jpg

Kazenji
Lets hope the new one thats coming is 10x better then that one.

Alpha Centauri
If we're talking Avengers movie (Animated, which is still a movie), then Captain America. He's at least as good a fighter as Maul, he just doesn't have the force or a lightsabre.

We have nothing to suggest Maul's weapon could get through his shield, either.

-AC

Scythe
Originally posted by Robtard
1990, starring Matt Salinger.

http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/craveonline.com/legacy/article_imgs/Image/captain2_p.jpg

Yeah, that one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103923/

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If we're talking Avengers movie (Animated, which is still a movie), then Captain America. He's at least as good a fighter as Maul, he just doesn't have the force or a lightsabre.

We have nothing to suggest Maul's weapon could get through his shield, either.

-AC What's the shield made of?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
What's the shield made of?

In the movie, a mix of vibranium and adamantium.

The two hardest substances known to man. Before you even say it, no, the Marvel universe haven't had to deal with Star Wars weaponry.

However, Star Wars characters have never had to deal with Marvel universe substances.

Compared with Maul's listed attributes, there are two Capt doesn't have; weapon and force. He is a everything a human can possibly be, but the the max. Maul isn't human, but we've not seem him exhibit anything other than flipping around and force-pushing.

Capt has been battered around by the Hulk in this movie, and kept coming. To the point of even trying to have a slugfest with the guy and landing good shots (Though still getting whooped).

There's not much Maul is going to be able to do if he can't get through his shield.

Unless he uses the force to separate Capt from his shield and then it'd be over. However, Capt has his shield secured to his arm when he's not throwing it.

-AC

jinXed by JaNx
I really don't know how Cap could hurt Maul. Cap is fast but not nearly as fast as a Sith. I dont think that Maul would even need to use force telekinesis or push to defend against Caps shield. As soon as Cap throws his shield, Maul could simply force rush Cap and impale him with his saber. There is no scenario that i can think of which has Cap landing a blow on Maul. I don't even see this working out in Caps favor if he works along with Jango.

Jango is at an even greater disadvantage than Cap. Yeah, he may have given Obi Wan a good fight but Obi Wan wasn't trying to kill Jango and Obi Wan only uses defensive force abilities.

jinXed by JaNx

The two hardest substances known to man. Before you even say it, no, the Marvel universe haven't had to deal with Star Wars weaponry.

However, Star Wars characters have never had to deal with Marvel universe substances.

Compared with Maul's listed attributes, there are two Capt doesn't have; weapon and force. He is a everything a human can possibly be, but the the max. Maul isn't human, but we've not seem him exhibit anything other than flipping around and force-pushing.

Capt has been battered around by the Hulk in this movie, and kept coming. To the point of even trying to have a slugfest with the guy and landing good shots (Though still getting whooped).

There's not much Maul is going to be able to do if he can't get through his shield.

Unless he uses the force to separate Capt from his shield and then it'd be over. However, Capt has his shield secured to his arm when he's not throwing it.

-AC

Don't you think you're severely underestimating force abilities? Or am i overestimating? I could be but how is Caps shield going to overcome Force push and telekinesis?

Scythe
Jango is so boned.

Darth Martin
Well Jango has limited flight. Whereas Cap is hands down the most strongest and durable here. Maul is probably the fastest due to the Force. Jango has no physical but he's very skilled. Poor Jango, he's never going to hit Cap or Maul with his blasters.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Don't you think you're severely underestimating force abilities? Or am i overestimating? I could be but how is Caps shield going to overcome Force push and telekinesis?

How often did Maul use the force in his fight? He didn't stand there force-pushing everyone. He fought like a regular person.

-AC

Rogue Jedi

-AC No way I am touching the lightsaber vs. adamantium debate.....Vibranium, vibroshields, similar?

Darth Martin
No way I am touching the lightsaber vs. adamantium debate.....Vibranium, vibroshields, similar? The lightsaber isn't going through the shield. End of debate. If you don't believe me then I'll make it a thread stipulation.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The lightsaber isn't going through the shield. End of debate. If you don't believe me then I'll make it a thread stipulation. I just said I aint touching that debate.

Darth Martin
I just said I aint touching that debate. I've already said it won't go through as a rule. Now that you know this what's your opinion on the match? smile

Rogue Jedi
Maul.

Darth Martin
I don't know, it's too close.

Rogue Jedi
Is CA like superhuman? Or is he like Daredevil, badass, but can bleed and be hurt/killed like a regular human?

Robtard
Is CA like superhuman? Or is he like Daredevil, badass, but can bleed and be hurt/killed like a regular human?

This is ultimate Capt'N. He's tough enough to survive massive falls and punches from the Hulk; strong enough to overturn a large canon which easily weighed 20 tons; has increased levels of speed and is super-athletic.

Having said that, a lightsabre will cut right through his body as it would a regular human and I can't see him defending indefitely against a spinning double sabre with a somewhat small shield. Though one good hit from Capt and Maul is done.

Rogue Jedi
This is ultimate Capt'N. He's tough enough to survive massive falls and punches from the Hulke's; strong enough to overturn a large canon which easily weighed 20 tons; has increased levels of speed and is a super-athletic.

Having said that, a lightsabre will cut right through his body as it would a regular human and I can't see him defending indefitely against a spinning double sabre with a somewhat small shield. DAMN....Speed? As fast as Maul? Faster? And if he hits Maul with the shield, what will it do?

Robtard
DAMN....Speed? As fast as Maul? Faster? And if he hits Maul with the shield, what will it do?

Doubt he's faster than Maul is supposed to be, but he's no regular human.

Maul be severely wounded, probably incapacitated or possibly dead.

Rogue Jedi
Doubt he's faster than Maul is supposed to be, but he's no regular human.

Maul be severely wounded, probably incapacitated or possibly dead. Double damn, I think Maul loses here. With CA attacking on the ground, and Jango from the air, he is probably overwhelmed.

Robtard
It's a free for all.

This is from the first Ultimate Avengers film, it starts right after the Hulk was unleashed and basically saved the Earth by taking out an alien fleet and their troops, ie he beat and beats everyone's ass. Shows what Capt can do.

O617ZHcazwA

Rogue Jedi
It's a free for all.

This is from the first Ultimate Avengers film, it starts right after the Hulk was unleashed and basically saved the Earth by taking out an alien fleet and their troops, ie he beat and beats everyone's ass. Shows what Capt can do.

O617ZHcazwA Jeez, who's the guy with the hammer?

Robtard
Thor.

Rogue Jedi
I thought so. See how out of touch I am with these characters? haermm Thanks for answering, most guys would be like "Google it, byatch."

Rogue Jedi
WHOA, a question....Maul can force pull the shield away, right? Or if CA throws it, Maul can turn it back on CA with the force?

Robtard
These Marvel/Lionsgate cartoons are pretty decent. Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2.

There's a double-movie of Hulk Vs Wolverine / Hulk Vs Thor that is enjoyable, if only for the action.

oSM7MSYiDAk

tAzhyi_ju0w

Rogue Jedi
VERY cool. Remember back when we were late teens/early twenties, the X Men cartoon came on every saturday morning at 10?

Robtard
WHOA, a question....Maul can force pull the shield away, right? Or if CA throws it, Maul can turn it back on CA with the force?

Capt could easily hold onto to it with his strength, though he'd be pushed along with it. Could work to throw Capt temporarily off balance.

It's an fairly small object, so I don't see why a force-hold wouldn't work against it. It does fly pretty fast though due to Capt's strength and he is dead-on accurate with it, so I'd be a matter of perfect timing.

Robtard
VERY cool. Remember back when we were late teens/early twenties, the X Men cartoon came on every saturday morning at 10?

X-Men: The Animated Series. Came out in 92', I was a senior in H.S.

The episode that pissed me off, when they had Wolverine in church praying to Jesus. Leave religion out of my X-Men cartoons, bastards.

Rogue Jedi
Capt could easily hold onto to it with his strength, though he'd be pushed along with it. Could work to throw Capt temporarily off balance.

It's an fairly small object, so I don't see why a force-hold wouldn't work against it. It does fly pretty fast though due to Capt's strength and he is dead-on accurate with it, so I'd be a matter of perfect timing. I think Maul is capable of this. But Jango is still zooming around.

Rogue Jedi
Thought about it a while.....Maul takes Jango out with a saber throw. As CA attacks, Maul uses precog to it's fullest, dodging each attack. He calls his saber back to him, then attacks CA fully. I dont think CA could handle Maul while Maul is attacking with both blades AND the force.

But hey, all I have seen of CA is the vids Rob posted, so CA might actually be able to go toe to toe with Maul.

Alpha Centauri
Thought about it a while.....Maul takes Jango out with a saber throw. As CA attacks, Maul uses precog to it's fullest, dodging each attack. He calls his saber back to him, then attacks CA fully. I dont think CA could handle Maul while Maul is attacking with both blades AND the force.

But hey, all I have seen of CA is the vids Rob posted, so CA might actually be able to go toe to toe with Maul.

Anyone can win if you script the fight out.

That's not the point of these threads.

"Maul dodges each attack". Of course he does if you assume he does.

I have seen Maul fight, as you have. I haven't seen him do anything that'd trouble Captain America.

-AC

Scythe
What's this precog crap? Darth Maul never showed that. I'm sure Jedi and Sith can do this, but Phantom Menace showed Maul failing at using his presumed "precog" when Obiwan sliced hi in half. Didn't he see that coming? Didn't he see his arrogance get the best of him? I'll wait here for a: "Jedis can cancel out Sith precog because of this - and that- blah blah!!!noob!!"

Darth Martin
Is CA like superhuman? Or is he like Daredevil, badass, but can bleed and be hurt/killed like a regular human? He's definately superhuman in the strength and durability department. I'd say he's peak human in the other areas(which is more than Maul or Jango can account for). Cap has been shot but he describes them as nothing but "flesh wounds". He far beyond movie Daredevil and no regular human. Here's some more videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y0Qu5t7Plc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WXIwV3p1bA&feature=PlayList&p=D62F5012FB6796B2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wCW4xmhrc&feature=channel

Just check out both films if you can. They're good and Hulk vs Wolverine is good.

Rogue Jedi
Anyone can win if you script the fight out.

That's not the point of these threads.

"Maul dodges each attack". Of course he does if you assume he does.

I have seen Maul fight, as you have. I haven't seen him do anything that'd trouble Captain America.

-AC Well, dunno much about CA, I am learning as I post here. It was just a theory. I watched that vid Rob posted earlier, and DAMN man, Thor is a juggernaut. I gotta get that movie on DVD.

If you were Maul, who would you concentrate on taking out first? Who would warrant more of your attention?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
What's this precog crap? Darth Maul never showed that. I'm sure Jedi and Sith can do this, but Phantom Menace showed Maul failing at using his presumed "precog" when Obiwan sliced hi in half. Didn't he see that coming? Didn't he see his arrogance get the best of him? I'll wait here for a: "Jedis can cancel out Sith precog because of this - and that- blah blah!!!noob!!" Jusy saying, it is a known force power. Dunno if Maul is weak in that particular area or what, but yeah, Obi decaffeinated his ass.

In ROTS, we can see Ayala Secura sensing the clone attack with precog, but she got fried. Obi Wan sensed Zam about to blast him iin AOTC, and he reacted in time.

So yeah, I guess saying some Jedi/Sith are stronger/weaker in that area is about right.

Robtard

-AC

Being hit anywhere on the body with a lightsabre would be 'troubling' to Capt. Which Maul definitely has the speed and skill to do, just a matter of who gets first hit here, imo.

Alpha Centauri
We still don't know if the weapon can cut through the shield, and Capt has outfought people with better close combat skill than Maul.

-AC

Robtard
We still don't know if the weapon can cut through the shield, and Capt has outfought people with better close combat skill than Maul.

-AC

I going on the grounds that it can't, as it in nigh-indestructible. But it's a fairly small shield, Capt blocks high, his torso and legs are vulnerable to the other end of the sabre, and vice-versa.

Who did he fight in Ultimate Avengers 1-2 that was better? Have to factor in Mauls speed, his ability to use the Force offensively and his reach advantage with the twin-sabre.

Rogue Jedi
He's definately superhuman in the strength and durability department. I'd say he's peak human in the other areas(which is more than Maul or Jango can account for). Cap has been shot but he describes them as nothing but "flesh wounds". He far beyond movie Daredevil and no regular human. Here's some more videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y0Qu5t7Plc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WXIwV3p1bA&feature=PlayList&p=D62F5012FB6796B2&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wCW4xmhrc&feature=channel

Just check out both films if you can. They're good and Hulk vs Wolverine is good. Watching them now. Thanx for the links wink

Alpha Centauri
I going on the grounds that it can't, as it in nigh-indestructible. But it's a fairly small shield, Capt blocks high, his torso and legs are vulnerable to the other end of the sabre, and vice-versa.

Who did he fight in Ultimate Avengers 1-2 that was better? Have to factor in Mauls speed, his ability to use the Force offensively and his reach advantage with the twin-sabre.

Very true, I forgot we're going by movie showings.

Depending on his reaction time to block Maul's strikes, he would either block or get hit. Of course, Maul's weapon isn't necessarily going to work as well at close range, it's a length weapon. So if Capt were to get close enough and clocked him with the shield, he'd be done.

True what you said, just depends who gets through the guards first.

-AC

Darth Martin
Watching them now. Thanx for the links wink Anytime. thumb up

If you were Maul, who would you concentrate on taking out first? Who would warrant more of your attention? Fett. He knows the technology and skill of Mandalorians. He's also the deadliest range attacker here. I'd think he'd persue him first.

Being hit anywhere on the body with a lightsabre would be 'troubling' to Capt. No doubt, let's not forget Cap has been shot multiple times and fought on as well as stabbed by Kleiser. He's no stranger to piercing attacks or projectiles.

Rogue Jedi
This may have already been asked, forgive me if it has, but who is faster? More agile? CA or Maul?

Darth Martin
This may have already been asked, forgive me if it has, but who is faster? More agile? CA or Maul? Cap is definately faster and more agile unaided by an outside force. However I'd assume Maul can use the Force to let him cover an insane distance in a short amount of time just like Kenobi and Qui-Gon did against the Droid-Dekas.

Robtard

No doubt, let's not forget Cap has been shot multiple times and fought on as well as stabbed by Kleiser. He's no stranger to piercing attacks or projectiles.

I'm not doubting his toughest, as he took hits from an enraged Hulk and continued to come back for more like a champ. But a lightsabre would easily cut through him.

Darth Martin
No question. All I'm saying is it likely won't be a one-hit kill thing. Especially considering a lightsaber cut produces no blood so bleeding to death isn't an issue.

Rogue Jedi
Cap is definately faster and more agile unaided by an outside force. However I'd assume Maul can use the Force to let him cover an insane distance in a short amount of time just like Kenobi and Qui-Gon did against the Droid-Dekas. I think force push would be of great use here. If CA gets too close for Maul's liking, Maul can simply force push him away. Like AC said, Maul's lightsaber is not as effective at a closer range. Too bad Maul never displayed force lightning or choke.

Darth Martin
I think force push would be of great use here. If CA gets too close for Maul's liking, Maul can simply force push him away. Like AC said, Maul's lightsaber is not as effective at a closer range. Too bad Maul never displayed force lightning or choke. The fact that Maul didn't display either technique makes this fight even closer. smile

If Maul gets too close, Cap can become a battering ram.

Rogue Jedi
No one is talking about Jango buzzing to and fro like a pestering fly haermm

Darth Martin
No one is talking about Jango period. no expression It's like everyone's sleeping on dude. He's not as good a martial artist and get up close like these two can. But his range here is aces.

Rogue Jedi
Indeed, thats why I said earlier if I were Maul I'd saber throw Jango, force leap away from CA, call my saber back to me, and take on CA.

Darth Martin
if I were Maul I'd saber throw Jango Doubt it'd be that simple. This guy was the best bounty hunter in the galaxy and made a career out of killing Jedi(though I doubt any were as skilled as Maul).

Rogue Jedi
Jango made a career out of killing Jedi?

Darth Martin
yes

Rogue Jedi
I do not recall ever hearing that.

Sadako of Girth
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."

Rogue Jedi
So? This does not prove he has "Made a career out of killing Jedi."

Darth Martin
So? This does not prove he has "Made a career out of killing Jedi." Dude, trust me. He's killed his share. wink I'd imagine he's killed monsters equal or greater than Jedi as well.

Rogue Jedi
I dont buy it.

Alpha Centauri
If he hasn't done it in the movies, he hasn't done anything you can use here.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
If he hasn't done it in the movies, he hasn't done anything you can use here.

-AC I agree with that, but there is a bit of a gray area there.

Luke Skywalker is shown force pulling a blaster from a Gammorean's holster in ROTJ. Ki Adi Mundi, on the other hand, never force pulled someone's blaster like Luke did.

If I were to start a Ki Adi Mundi thread and say he does this, force pulls a guys blaster from his holster, would it be creditable?

Or If I say "Neo has a 12 guage", even though he is never shown with a 12 guage, what then?

I know this is way off topic here, has nothing to do with Jango killing Jedi, but I have been meaning to discuss this for some time.

Darth Martin
If I were to start a Ki Adi Mundi thread and say he does this, force pulls a guys blaster from his holster, would it be creditable? Yes, one must have a level of common sense here.

And if you don't believe me on the Jedi gig, he killed Coleman Trebor in AOTC.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, one must have a level of common sense here.

And if you don't believe me on the Jedi gig, he killed Coleman Trebor in AOTC. When was this stated?

Darth Martin
He killed him with his blaster when Coleman attacked the view port where he, Tyranus, Boba, and the Viceroy were located.

Rogue Jedi
Again, when was this stated in the movie? wiki link, maybe?

Darth Martin
It was shown at the battle of Geonosis when Windu led the Order to resuce Anakin, Kenobi, and Padme.

Rogue Jedi
You mean that weird looking Jedi he shot?

Darth Martin
thumb up

darthmaul1
Maul would kick both their asses with ease.

Darth Martin
Movie feats only I'm afraid.

This isn't the Star Wars 'Versus' Forum.

So he won't be kicking both there asses. wink

Robtard
Jango's doomed here, fight starts he's likely going airborne and shooting at either of them (or both) with his twin pistols, Maul can block as can Capt.

But he's going to have both of them focusing on him since he's the greatest threat now. Maul can bring him down with the Force and Capt can take him out with one shield throw.

Darth Martin
I don't know, Jango would've lasted a little longer against Mace if he had his jetpack working IMO.

Rogue Jedi
thumb up Dude was set on engaging Dooku, you know.

Darth Martin
Bah! He got overpowered by Jango's precise accuracy and skill. smokin'

Rogue Jedi
Nah, Jango pretty much sucker blastered him.

Robtard
I don't know, Jango would've lasted a little longer against Mace if he had his jetpack working IMO.

In silly movies were people don't use their powers to their fullest, yes.

In here, Mace need only Force-slam his ass into the ground or Force-crush his jet-pack or helmet.

Rogue Jedi
In silly movies were people don't use their powers to their fullest, yes.

In here, Mace need only Force-slam his ass into the ground or Force-crush his jet-pack or helmet. yes

Robtard
Bah! He got overpowered by Jango's precise accuracy and skill. smokin'

I agree, that Jedi tried to block, but he couldn't keep up. Must have been more of the thinker-type of Jedi and not a brawler.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah he was that mind reader dude, with the massive head and brain, he probably did all the Jedi's tax returns and dealt with admin... stick out tongue

Robtard
So he was Jewish, you're saying.

Rogue Jedi
Shomer Shabbos!!

jinXed by JaNx
The lightsaber isn't going through the shield. End of debate. If you don't believe me then I'll make it a thread stipulation.

The light saber doesnt need to penetrate the shield. Cap has no defense what so ever against any of Mauls force abilities especially telekinesis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.