Prof. X vs The Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
The creator of the Xmen gets a call from Dr. Arkam asking for his help with The Joker. All he needs is for the Prof. to enter his mind and help The Joker conquoer his demons and all the scary stuff in his head. Will the Prof. be the help Joker requires?

Kris Blaze
Professor X could shuffle all of the joker's memories.

Darth Martin
If J'onn did it why can't Xavier?

PRAYERRUN
yeah but didn't J'onn have trouble doing it for a long period of time?

Darth Martin
I'm not sure but obviously it wasn't long term. He did make him sane though.

PRAYERRUN
yeah but it was for a VERY short period of time. I'm talking about the professor helping Joker conquer all his demons so that he is never insane again.

TricksterPriest
If J'onn freaking J'onzz couldn't do it, Xavier has no chance. I see Joker's mind driving him insane if he digs too deep.

PRAYERRUN
yeah but the prof is a master at this sort of thing while J'onn doesn't really do this. He COULD do it if he actually had practice in it like Prof. does, but his current form would be unable to do it. Prof. on the other hand, studdies minds of all kinds and I have to believe that The Joker...while being an extreme challenge...would be cured if Prof. helped him.

Galan007
j'onn was barely able to make joker sane long enough for him to hand over the 'gog. j'onn even said that it would have been impossible for him to hold joker together any longer:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1885200/mm1.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1885201/mm2.jpg.html

personally, i don't think the professor could make joker preform even a simple task, like the above... let alone 'fix' his head.

PRAYERRUN
why not? it's not like Prof. X isn't a master of this sort of thing.

Galan007
if j'onn could barely manage to make joker preform the simplest of tasks, there is no way in hell xavier is completely 'fixing' his mind. not a chance.

xJLxKing
Seriously, to make Joker sane is impossible.

Lord Feron
If jonn can do it for little bit Prof should be able to do the same to Joker to be sane for a while but probable with less difficulty wink

But to actually help him through his problems through Therapy and permanently making him sane hmm... not too sure about that.

So no I don't think Prof X nor anyone one else can do this ...i mean that his shtick in a way his powerset to be insane.

PRAYERRUN
I think Prof X could at least get him on the right road though.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Galan007
if j'onn could barely manage to make joker preform the simplest of tasks, there is no way in hell xavier is completely 'fixing' his mind. not a chance.

Why not?

Joker's consciousness is made up of his experiences and memories, all of whom Xavier can completely erase or rearrange.

PRAYERRUN
It seems that the real question is who is the better master of the mind...J'onn or Prof. X.

Kris Blaze
Professor X can't rehabilitate him, but with telepathy he can create a completely new person or erase any "evil" or "bad" memory he has ever had.

Sin I AM
are u suggestin jonn is greater than charles?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
It seems that the real question is who is the better master of the mind...J'onn or Prof. X.

I think Prof. Jonn is really good but usually in one feild of mental powers. IDK exactly the technical term is but IMO Prof is more versatile in the mind.

But i do believe Charles can do what Kris says, erase shit or recreate him but rehibilitating him in Joker's current state i doubt it.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Why not?

Joker's consciousness is made up of his experiences and memories, all of whom Xavier can completely erase or rearrange. yeah, that's the principle behind j'onn's TP as well - except it took all he had to make joker sane for just a few moments. trying to do so for any longer would have been impossible, as he put it.

i'm sorry, but where mental prowess is concerned, i refuse to believe xavier is that far above j'onn.

Eternal Idol
Why not?

Joker's consciousness is made up of his experiences and memories, all of whom Xavier can completely erase or rearrange.
QFT.

Insanity may be the Joker's shtick, but it's not a power. DC just milks it to make him seem that much more threatening and interesting in a world full of others with actual powers.

A hell-bent Xavier should be more than able to cure the Joker's insanity, assuming there is no actual brain damage.

Xavier ftw, via mindwipe.

Kris Blaze
yeah, that's the principle behind j'onn's TP as well - except it took all he had to make joker sane for just a few moments. trying to do so for any longer would have been impossible, as he put it.

i'm sorry, but where mental prowess is concerned, i refuse to believe xavier is that far above j'onn.

Maybe instead of trying to accept the possibility that Xavier is stronger than J'onn, you should realize how ridiculously simple it is for any experienced to telepath to change someone's memories. And that regardless of how cool people think said character is, his personality is the collective result of various experiences and memories.

Experiences and memories which can freely be manipulated by Xavier. the fact that J'onn did not succeeded was a gross error on the writer's side and a great lack of insight into the mechanics of telepathy. Either that or DC telepathy is completely different.

PRAYERRUN
hokay now this is getting interesting.

Galan007
Maybe instead of trying to accept the possibility that Xavier is stronger than J'onn, you should realize how ridiculously simple it is for any experienced to telepath to change someone's memories. And that regardless of how cool people think said character is, his personality is the collective result of various experiences and memories.

Experiences and memories which can freely be manipulated by Xavier. the fact that J'onn did not succeeded was a gross error on the writer's side and a great lack of insight into the mechanics of telepathy. Either that or DC telepathy is completely different. facepalm, no point in continuing.

PRAYERRUN
I have no idea what he just said. I mean I ain't no college graduate or anything but....

Kris Blaze
facepalm, no point in continuing.

Get off it asswipe, if you disagree then please try to provide something.

But if your only argument here is that because J'onn used his telepathy like an idiot, Xavier will fail, then don't bother posting.

Galan007
Get off it asswipe, if you disagree then please try to provide something.

But if your only argument here is that because J'onn used his telepathy like an idiot, Xavier will fail, then don't bother posting. aww now calm down. no reason to get cranky. smile

anyway, you maintain that xavier would be able to make joker sane, despite the fact that j'onn could barely do so for a few moments - this would subsequently make xavier leaps and bounds above j'onn (TP-wise.) furthermore, you maintain that j'onn not being able to keep joker together for any longer than he did, can be credited solely to writer error.

if that is in fact what you believe, then my last post was perfectly reasonable. smile

Kris Blaze
anyway, you maintain that xavier would be able to make joker sane, despite the fact that j'onn could barely do so for a few moments - this would subsequently make xavier leaps and bounds above j'onn (TP-wise.) furthermore, you maintain that j'onn not being able to keep joker together for any longer than he did, can be credited solely to writer error.

How did J'onn try to make the Joker sane? how did he try to alter his personality?

PRAYERRUN
I just think that when you compare the Prof with J'onn, it's like compareing two scientists in two different fields of science. Prof. is in the field of repairing minds and J'onn isn't.

Galan007
How did J'onn try to make the Joker sane? how did he try to alter his personality? by controling the info reaching his brain. that's why joker started realizing all the evil things he's done over the years. thing is, the hold over joker's mind couldn't be maintained for any longer than it took for him to hand over the rock (seconds.)

Kris Blaze
by controling the info reaching his brain. that's why joker started realizing all the evil things he's done over the years. thing is, the hold over joker's mind couldn't be maintained for any longer than it took for him to hand over the rock (seconds.)

Based on this you don't believe it's possible to alter his personality by eliminating memories?

Galan007
Based on this you don't believe it's possible to alter his personality by eliminating memories? i don't think xavier would be able to maintain control over joker's mind long enough for him to do that.

Kris Blaze
i don't think xavier would be able to maintain control over joker's mind long enough for him to do that.

There's no talk of control.

He enters, erases the proper memories and exits. Once this has happened the memories won't magically return, they're gone, the joker is permanently altered.

PRAYERRUN
Prof. X apparently can control all the minds of the world if he wanted too.

Kris Blaze
He's not telepathically controlling the joker, he's altering him. Editing stuff inside his mind. There's no resisting it or willing things back.

PRAYERRUN
Usually what Prof. does is he goes in a mind and helps the patient help himself. The Joker has so many demons and stuff in his head, he'd probably try to find the guy the Joker used to be hidden in his head and help him break out.

Kris Blaze
Usually what Prof. does is he goes in a mind and helps the patient help himself. The Joker has so many demons and stuff in his head, he'd probably try to find the guy the Joker used to be hidden in his head and help him break out.

If we're factoring in the Xavier's personality then he would most likely fail. Setting the Joker straight would require too much alteration and it would be ethically wrong.

PRAYERRUN
true...except the fact that J'onn was able to control The Joker for that second proves to me that the guy that the Joker used to be is still in there. All Prof has to do is find him.

Galan007
There's no talk of control.

He enters, erases the proper memories and exits. Once this has happened the memories won't magically return, they're gone, the joker is permanently altered. it seems that singling out and altering specific memories in the 'thunderstorm' that is joker's mind, would denote some form of mental control. how else could one solely target his thoughts/memories, without gaining hold over them?

Kris Blaze
it seems that singling out and altering specific memories in the 'thunderstorm' that is joker's mind, would denote some form of mental control. how else could one solely target his thoughts/memories, without gaining hold over them?

Not unless the Joker has sustained some actual, physical injuries to his mind. In which case telepathy would not be able to mend the injuries.

PRAYERRUN
Not unless the Joker has sustained some actual, physical injuries to his mind. In which case telepathy would not be able to mend the injuries.
true...

Galan007
Not unless the Joker has sustained some actual, physical injuries to his mind. In which case telepathy would not be able to mend the injuries. well he has got the shit beaten out of him by batman. biscuits

but that not what i was referring to.

PRAYERRUN
lol the brain damage(If there is any) was there way before Batman showed up lol.

Kris Blaze
well he has got the shit beaten out of him by batman. biscuits

but that not what i was referring to.

My point was that Xavier is capable of fixing anything that's not physical. I wouldn't be surprised if he could reset the Joker's mind like Emma did with Cassandra Nova.

PRAYERRUN
True.(I'm just listening in. don't mind me.) big grin

Galan007
My point was that Xavier is capable of fixing anything that's not physical. that means he would be above j'onn by an extreme amount. i just can't agree with that.

Kris Blaze
that means he would be above j'onn by an extreme amount. i just can't agree with that.

I think J'onn should be able to as well.

PRAYERRUN
ok now I gotta step in. I think J'onn and Prof. are equal in power but are in different departments. Prof. is in the department of helping people fight their demons. J'onn, on the other hand doesn't really do this. BUT...he probably could if he studdied it and practiced it like Prof does.

Galan007
I think J'onn should be able to as well. maybe. but the fact is, we've only got that one showing to go by...

Prof. is in the department of helping people fight their demons. j'onn has also done this

PRAYERRUN
yeah but he doesn't really do it as much as Prof. does.

Survivor19
What about the whole Sabertooth affair, where Charley X soundly failed to help Creed to fight his inner daemons, then?

xJLxKing
lol the brain damage(If there is any) was there way before Batman showed up lol. laughing out loud

Peterlane
Xavier is way better Martian Manhunter. Xavier cure's Joker and makes him a fine and contributive member of society

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Peterlane
Xavier is way better Martian Manhunter. Xavier cure's Joker and makes him a fine and contributive member of society

The problem is Xavier's ethical limitations.

He would not use telepathy when trying to rehabilitate.

Mshinu
In the Marvel universe the Prof could help him, in the DC probably not or at least not loong term.

rougeredmage
let us get this into context in that scan MM is not trying to help joker he is simply trying to telepathically order the joker to perform a task ( ie hand over a stone). the supposed sannity that the contact with the mm's mind had was actually a side effect nothing more. yes he says he is makeing him sane but he is aware that this is just a by product of mm searching for specfic information bringng a certain order. mm actually shows very limited control over joker notice how flash has to grab the magic stone off him... he does not hand it over freely. however i feel that not telepth can truely cure the joker the fact is that he does not want to be cured and he wont be. wasnt t he sabertooth affair more forges fault rather then xavier ( i understand he grew resistant to whatever was in his body) it should be noted the level of control phylocke has over sabertooth when she used her telepathy on him..... however i do not think xavier has a really good track record can anyone actually name someone he has helped with his TP.. his TP failed to heal his own sons fractured mind. he had the oppterunity to help reform both sabertooth and his own brother but failed ( at one point in time xavier had a machine that would remove cains powers). xaviers mortality is excepionally mercy and his charcter has really been stained over the last few years... yet people still see him as a saint? let us not forget xaviers solution to the magnerto problem.... he mind whiped him causing many many more problems then it solved. both xavier and mm are both unable to reform people.

Kris Blaze
The solution to the Magneto problem? Any soldier or any x-man would've shot Magneto dead, killed him. Telepathically attacking someone who just pulled the adamantium out of Wolverine is hardly unethical. Your acting as if Xavier had the chance to rehabilitate Magneto and make him see the error of his ways.

The way Xavier attempted to "cure" Legion and Sabretooth are completely different from the way I'm suggesting he cures the Joker here.

rougeredmage
xavier practically did shoot magneto dead. he was in a coma for a very long time. however xavier could have easily telepathicaly commanded to sleep rather then cause him brain damage. xavier is for all his good intentions quite a hypercirt ( it has recently been revealed /retconned to suggest that xavier could have done more to heal rogues condtion but did not.

. i personaly do not think that xavier has the patience or the mentality to truely heal anyone. xavier only tries to help people if it goes along with his grand designs and plans.

HandOfFate
I think J'onn should be able to as well.

Agreed, I think J'onn could have "cured" the Joker if he had the time. A couple of days under J'onn's mental help could have done wonders for Joker.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by rougeredmage
xavier practically did shoot magneto dead. he was in a coma for a very long time. however xavier could have easily telepathicaly commanded to sleep rather then cause him brain damage.

That is some proper bullshit. Magneto's got insane telepathic resistance and a lot of Xavier's telepathic energy was going to his suit. Xavier was well within his rights to mindwipe Magneto there and telepathically forcing Magneto to go to sleep is not even close to an option.

Originally posted by HandOfFate
Agreed, I think J'onn could have "cured" the Joker if he had the time. A couple of days under J'onn's mental help could have done wonders for Jokers

Yeah but it'd require DC to get their hands off of the Joker's dick for 2 seconds.

HandOfFate
Yeah but it'd require DC to get their hands off of the Joker's dick for 2 seconds.

Might as well try to move the sun....it would be easier

scifinut
The problem is Xavier's ethical limitations.

He would not use telepathy when trying to rehabilitate. Charles isn't above crossing ethical limits when using his telepathy. look at how he erased cyclops memories of vulcan.

PRAYERRUN
ok so COULD he? lol

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by scifinut
Charles isn't above crossing ethical limits when using his telepathy. look at how he erased cyclops memories of vulcan.

Yeah, that is true.

But it seems like fixing the Joker would require such an incredible amount of editing that he would be completely different. Not in the same way they were able to rehabilitate the top.

PRAYERRUN
Dude, that's kind of what they want.

weaponx510
if the proffessor cant f*ck with his mind(and i doubt he cant) then he simply rips his head of with TK

Raoul
Originally posted by weaponx510
if the proffessor cant f*ck with his mind(and i doubt he cant) then he simply rips his head of with TK

the professor doesn't have TK unless he magically sprouted it in the last two or three issues. if he did, my bad.

chomperx9
the jokers mind wouldnt be a fun place investigating.

weaponx510
Originally posted by Raoul
the professor doesn't have TK unless he magically sprouted it in the last two or three issues. if he did, my bad.

he does have TK all dope telepaths do

Charles effortlessly splitting a car in two with his TK

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6830/likes3aj2.jpg

Raoul

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6830/likes3aj2.jpg

first: not all telepaths have tk. not even all the dope ones.

second: that's ultimate charles. not the same as the one in this thread.

chomperx9
whats TK ?

Raoul
Originally posted by chomperx9
whats TK ?

telekinesis.

weaponx510
well he should thats hella weak

Raoul
well he should thats hella weak

why?

Juntai
if j'onn could barely manage to make joker preform the simplest of tasks, there is no way in hell xavier is completely 'fixing' his mind. not a chance. thumb up

Ryo 666

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/6830/likes3aj2.jpg laughing out loud laughing out loud

PRAYERRUN
I know The Joker's mind isn't gonna be a fun place to visit, but I figure Prof. X has seen it all. he does this for a living.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.