V for Vendetta vs Watchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Indestructible
Which Alan Moore adaptation is better? V or Watchmen?

Alpha Centauri
Watchmen,

Changed way less, but still not real good. Neither are.

-AC

jinXed by JaNx
I think both movies are great but i definitely give Watchmen the edge. I think V is an easier movie to watch though. As interesting and well developed as the characters in Watchmen are there is just something about V. Although, Manhattan is aces too. Either way, Watchmen just has more. It has a similar message as V but it also has more characters to study or latch onto.

Darth Martin
I saw both in the theater and think both are great and some of the best in the genre. However after first impressions Watchmen made a better impact. I'll have to wait and get the dvd to see which I'm more comfortable in with the repeat viewings.

SnakeEyes
Watchmen for sure.

I thought the Dr. Manhattan scenes (and acting) were brilliant. His origin/flashback sequence was probably my favorite scene in the film.

BruceSkywalker
V for Vendetta, IMO was done much better

Mr. Rhythmic
"V For Vendetta" in a stomp. Amazing movie imo, unlike Zach Snyder's 'interpretation'.

iceman24567
V was better

roughrider
V For Vendetta. Watchmen was very good, but had length problems - just barely long enough. V was just right, and was more of an interpretation of the story, rather than a shot-for-shot adaptation, and did it with more style & less extreme violence than Watchmen resorted to.

Raoul
I just didn't enjoy V for Vendetta that much, though to be honest, any comic book movie with Stephen Fry deserves kudos for that and that alone.

Enjoyed Watchmen, even if it was a bit too over pretentious for my liking...

Badabing
I liked V better. I think the reason is that I read Watchmen before seeing it but saw V before I read the book.

Alpha Centauri
What is it with people watching movies before reading the books?

-AC

lord xyz
V = phantom of the opera

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
What is it with people watching movies before reading the books?

-AC

People don't read anymore - haven't you noticed? They want to sit back and be spoonfed - actually READING something, and having to make your eyes move from left to right instead of staring blankly at a screen, and having to ACTUALLY TURN PAGES(!) - is just too much to ask of them...

Oh and - I enjoyed Watchmen more than V - V was a bit too dramatic for my taste - I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the Watchmen film more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.