Gog/wars Doomsday vs Team Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins the fight. No bfr

Team M
Marvel Team
Mojo
Garokk- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garokk
Apocalypse
Vulcan
Count Nefaria
Wendigo(Mauvais)
Azazel- http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Azazel

leonidas
doubt they could take him physically, but mojo should be able to bfr him if nothing else.

Lord Feron
Um can Azazel teleport DD head off? He looks like a guy that would do it...

golem370
He is Nightcrawlers dad

guy222
Marvel

Enyalus
Originally posted by leonidas
doubt they could take him physically,
Sure they could. Apoc, the Count, and Mauvais together would crush him.

GW DD is overrated.

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus
Sure they could. Apoc, the Count, and Mauvais together would crush him.

GW DD is overrated.

really? overrated how, exactly?

Enyalus
really? overrated how, exactly?
He took out like, five Gogs at a time. A K-nite poisoned, heart-attack having Superman was taking out four at once. And that Gog was distinctly beneath The Kingdom's version. He slapped Superboy around 1v1, but got owned by a healthy Superman 1v1. And later on when DD breaks into his hideout, Gog points out that it was covered with 3 miles of concrete and must have taken DD a decade to get through. erm

Oh yeah, he also killed a little boy after rescuing his cat out of a tree. Can't forget that sheer display of badassery.

vlaaad12345
Granite not concrete,but yes I have never seen why Gog wars doomsday was considered THAT uber.

leonidas
He took out like, five Gogs at a time. A K-nite poisoned, heart-attack having Superman was taking out four at once. And that Gog was distinctly beneath The Kingdom's version. He slapped Superboy around 1v1, but got owned by a healthy Superman 1v1. And later on when DD breaks into his hideout, Gog points out that it was covered with 3 miles of concrete and must have taken DD a decade to get through. erm

blink

he was crushing gogs left and right in one hand. no expression a couple gogs damn neared killed superman. dd was never remotely close to being hurt and battled an army of gogs in a war that lasted 100 years. this was also supposed to be the ultimate version--basically h/p with intelligence but no fear, like rex. unless you have proof he came back weaker kicking around somewhere . . .

the granite, thing, well . . . maybe because there was an army of gogs trying to stop him? confused

no way i see this group stopping him physically let alone "crushing him". apoc is tough. his powerset makes it hard to take him out physically in the forum, but no way he's taking out DD.

as for gog wars<KC gog: not sure about that. gog wars gog's PERSONAL power might be less, but his ability to control hypertime as he could makes him damn near impossible to beat. unless KC gog also controlled hypertime (can't recall offhand) gog wars gog wins or stalemates him with an essentially infinite supply of temporal duplicates, all near superman level with tech that can apparently be advanced through his temporal powers.

Enyalus
blink

he was crushing gogs left and right in one hand. no expression a couple gogs damn neared killed superman.
He was taking on about five Gogs at one time, like I already said. And Superman was taking out 3 and 4 of them at a time, too. And he was suffering from Kryptonite poisoning and had a heart-attack literally right before the fight broke out.

dd was never remotely close to being hurt and battled an army of gogs in a war that lasted 100 years.
Off-panel for the most part, with the help of other superpowered allies. That's not a feat.

this was also supposed to be the ultimate version--basically h/p with intelligence but no fear, like rex. unless you have proof he came back weaker kicking around somewhere . . .
erm Seriously. How did the most recent version of Doomsday do against a few newbie Kryptonians?

That's really your argument? 'Ultimate version'? Says who? Prior to that version but post H/P version he'd been one-shotted by Imperiex, Steel, and absolutely demolished by Superman. So really, where are you getting the 'like H/P' clause from?

The ultimate version of DD was DD Wars Doomsday, who had H/P DD's body but Brainiac's intelligence.

the granite, thing, well . . . maybe because there was an army of gogs trying to stop him? confused
Speculate more.

as for gog wars<KC gog: not sure about that. gog wars gog's PERSONAL power might be less
I don't get where your separate personal power from actual power. Kingdom Gog's (not KC ) staff was powered by four skyfathers and capable of one-shotting Supermen.

but his ability to control hypertime as he could makes him damn near impossible to beat. unless KC gog also controlled hypertime (can't recall offhand)
Yes, Kingdom Gog also controlled hypertime and could draw a seemingly infinite number of himself out of the timestream.

all near superman level with tech that can apparently be advanced through his temporal powers.
I don't think you're really listening. Gog isn't near Superman's level physically. He's strong enough to thoroughly whip Superboy, but got his ass stomped by Superman until he hit him with his staff, which gave him K-nite poisoning.

leonidas

He was taking on about five Gogs at one time, like I already said. And Superman was taking out 3 and 4 of them at a time, too. And he was suffering from Kryptonite poisoning and had a heart-attack literally right before the fight broke out.

huh? he took on and killed as many as he could REACH and hold. don't be ridiculious. they fell off him like flies and couldn't come CLOSE to hurting him. that's a FAR cry beyond what you can say they were doing to superman. show me any point in that battle he was in ANY danger at all.

laughing out loud

seriously? fighting gog for a 100yrs isn't a feat? ONE of them was able to advance its weapon enough to poison and nearly kill superman, but dd fought them for 100yrs and it's not a feat? come on now . . .

no idea. did the gog wars dd come back from his alternate future or are you using a different version of dd to support your thoughts? because the gog wars version disappeared at the end and i didn't think he'd returned.

out of context much?

one-shotted by imperiex? blink that's a LOW feat? cripes . . .

steel in the aegis, if we're thinking of the same time . . .

superman beat him in the rex form that couldn't handle emotions. silly and cheap, but whatever. that one still whooped jonnz pretty much without effort though i think.

beats me.

prevaricate more. you're alternative is what exactly--that it took DECADES for someone of greater than superman strength to dig through a mile of concrete? nice . . . makes sense. no expression

it's NOT speculation--he WAS fighting a war and it stands to reason that gog would perhaps try and stop him from reaching his stronghold . . .

that's what i meant. he could do more damage in one hit.

really? i asked that before and no one had proof. you do?

his staff is part of his powerset. strong and durable enough to withstand supes blows. smart enough and overall powerful enough to use his time powers to continually advance his weapons to the point he was able to kill superman and hold him prisoner, torturing him for a century or 2. yet he wasn't impressive? no expression

seriously--gog was/is practically unbeatable.

i'll concede there may not be enough evidence to definitively say how this match would go, but imo this version of dd would eat this guys alive physically and their only chance would be bfr.

Enyalus
huh? he took on and killed as many as he could REACH and hold. don't be ridiculious. they fell off him like flies and couldn't come CLOSE to hurting him.
I take it back. He was kicking their ass two at a time, then charged through about five at one point. A weakened Superman was taking on three at a time, then physically shrugged off two holding him and socked another one.

show me any point in that battle he was in ANY danger at all.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_GogwarsDDowned1.jpg

Bottom right panel, son. uhuh

seriously? fighting gog for a 100yrs isn't a feat? ONE of them was able to advance its weapon enough to poison and nearly kill superman, but dd fought them for 100yrs and it's not a feat? come on now . . .
Kryptonite Man can poison Superman, too. So can Ruin. So can Lex Luthor. And again, DD had a superhero army backing him. It wasn't like he soloed an army of Gogs for a hundred years. Again, not a feat. Or a shared feat, and thus not really applicable. Plus it was mostly off-panel.

no idea. did the gog wars dd come back from his alternate future or are you using a different version of dd to support your thoughts? because the gog wars version disappeared at the end and i didn't think he'd returned.
Right. GW DD disappeared along with Gog at the end there. But in that case, he should have been taken out of the time stream and disappeared permanently.

Originally posted by leonidas out of context much?

one-shotted by imperiex? blink that's a LOW feat? cripes . . .

steel in the aegis, if we're thinking of the same time . . .

superman beat him in the rex form that couldn't handle emotions. silly and cheap, but whatever. that one still whooped jonnz pretty much without effort though i think.
What's out of context? None of those versions of DD compare to H/P DD. So, I don't get where your 'supposed to be H/P DD in power but smart' thing comes in at. That version of DD, in Gog Wars, had its DNA altered by Darkseid and spliced with Kryptonian DNA. It's not H/P DD's body, and by feats, not even close.

it's NOT speculation--he WAS fighting a war and it stands to reason that gog would perhaps try and stop him from reaching his stronghold . . .
It is speculation, because when he busts through, Gog had no idea he was there and was completely shocked. As Gog points out, he coordinates all of his doubles extratemporally. If someone was trying to stop him, he'd have known it and not been surprised when Doomsday came through.

really? i asked that before and no one had proof. you do?
I don't have The Kingdom on my computer. But feel free to confirm it with Galan or Phil or someone. Or I'm sure its in his respect thread. I haven't checked.

his staff is part of his powerset. strong and durable enough to withstand supes blows. smart enough and overall powerful enough to use his time powers to continually advance his weapons to the point he was able to kill superman and hold him prisoner, torturing him for a century or 2. yet he wasn't impressive? no expression

seriously--gog was/is practically unbeatable.
One on one, Gog gets wrecked by a healthy Superman. And by a healthy Doomsday. And by a healthy Count Nefaria, etc.

And now that I've won this little debate, join Team Marvel. uhuh

leonidas

I take it back. He was kicking their ass two at a time, then charged through about five at one point. A weakened Superman was taking on three at a time, then physically shrugged off two holding him and socked another one.

you're not seriously saying superman handled gog as easily dd did, are you? gog was LITERALLY crushing them with one hand. supes could never do that.

laughing out loud

good eyes. the point is yours.

so you think this little group in this thread could survive a 100 year battle with gog? c'mon . . . and of course they can use poinson, but they can NOT continually travel through time, upgrading and learning at will.

that's what i said . . . so you WERE using a different dd. uhuh

of course not by feats. the gog wars version only had a single appearance. how do you know this was the one altered by DS?

and your alternative explanation is . . .

gog has a respect thread . . .? confused

if he battles strictly with strength, maybe. if he uses his powers, he wrecks all of them, effortlessly.

laughing out loud

you've done nothing to prove this dd couldn't physically wreck this team. by all appearances this dd is much stronger than superman and is durable enough to last in a 100yr war with gog (who is likely damn near a physical match for almost anyone on this team). i still don't give this team a chance to beat him physically, though like i said ages ago, bfr will win it.

as for team marvel--scoob would b lost i left him now. erm

Enyalus
Meh, I'm not going to bother quoting this one.

Anywho, Superman was handling three Gogs at a time for a limited time period. And he was vastly weakened. When he wasn't weakened, he was absolutely owning one Gog. So yes, a full capacity current Superman could handle two Gogs at a time. IMO.

Gog Wars version of DD did not have only one appearance. He had like 2-4 appearances spliced in between AC 812-AC 825. This was per continuity the same DD who got owned by Imperiex, Entropy Aegis, and Superman during DD Rex. And, if you recall, Darkseid spliced his DNA with Kryptonian DNA, etc etc. So the Doomsday who fought in Gog Wars, he wasn't 'pure DD', like the one shown in H/P was.

Using the staff and his other powers but only going one on one, Gog gets wrecked by Superman, Doomsday, Count Nefaria, etc. stick out tongue

leonidas
Meh, I'm not going to bother quoting this one.

Anywho, Superman was handling three Gogs at a time for a limited time period. And he was vastly weakened. When he wasn't weakened, he was absolutely owning one Gog. So yes, a full capacity current Superman could handle two Gogs at a time. IMO.

Gog Wars version of DD did not have only one appearance. He had like 2-4 appearances spliced in between AC 812-AC 825. This was per continuity the same DD who got owned by Imperiex, Entropy Aegis, and Superman during DD Rex. And, if you recall, Darkseid spliced his DNA with Kryptonian DNA, etc etc. So the Doomsday who fought in Gog Wars, he wasn't 'pure DD', like the one shown in H/P was.

Using the staff and his other powers but only going one on one, Gog gets wrecked by Superman, Doomsday, Count Nefaria, etc. stick out tongue

yeah yeah . . .

maybe i'll take this version of dd in the tourney and we'll see if everyone else agrees with you about how overrated he is. shifty

stick out tongue

shifty

Raoul
Eny, are you saying GW DD = Rex?

Kris Blaze
The Gog from Gog wars was clearly not physically on par with Superman....

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
Eny, are you saying GW DD = Rex?
No. I'm saying it was the same DD, though. Just, later on in its existence. Like DOS was the same DD as H/P, and Apokolips Now the same DD as DD Rex.

I don't care, Leo. My herald > any DD. stick out tongue

Raoul
No. I'm saying it was the same DD, though. Just, later on in its existence. Like DOS was the same DD as H/P, and Apokolips Now the same DD as DD Rex.

ah, lol.

leonidas
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
The Gog from Gog wars was clearly not physically on par with Superman....

i never said he was, but he was very strong, certainly in the same tier as regards strength. i'd say if supes strength is high herald, gog is somewhere in low herald/ if the analogy makes sense . . .

leonidas

shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.