New Web of Spider-man book out in October: DO we need another Spidey book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathlok
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22013

AN all new ongoing Web of Spider-man book comes out in October. It is extra-sized issue and will feature back up stores of May Day! Many of the classic Spidey foes are returning and apparently their stories cannot be told in the 3 times monthly ASM.
pileThe first issue will feature a Kaine story by JM DeMatteis. Then familiar foes like Electro, the Rhino, and the Lizard will appear.

Watch! I bet Marvel will return Web of Spider-man to the original numbering laughing out loud (Web lasted 129 issues.) You will see a Web of Spider-Man #200!

The greatest Marvel super hero of all celebrates his 200th issue with the biggest all-original issue of Web of Spider-Man Spider-Man EVER! This one’s got it all! The return of (fill in the blank), a (fill in the blank) you never predicted, and the return of one of (fill in the blank) in a giant-sized lead story by (fill in the blank). artist

Anyways, I plan to buy it because it will have all my fav villains & JM DeMatteis is writing it!gathering

Digi
There used to be like 4 Spidey titles. Even with ASM out 3 times a month, it was more overall comics. So I don't see the problem.

BruceSkywalker
I was gonna do this thread..

I will buy this.. I do hope lots of good action and stories

willRules
Isn't it replacing Spider-man family? So there's no extra titles being published.........

........I'm still mad that Marvel has two Deadpool titles, like a million Wolverine titles but no Cap Britain.........

Disappear
Originally posted by willRules
Isn't it replacing Spider-man family? So there's no extra titles being published.........

........I'm still mad that Marvel has two Deadpool titles, like a million Wolverine titles but no Cap Britain.........

is deadpool running alongside merc with a mouth, or did the first end so the latter could start? because the end of issue twelve says "end," and i haven't seen a hair of promotion for anything deadpool-related except the merc with a mouth series launch.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by Digi
There used to be like 4 Spidey titles. Even with ASM out 3 times a month, it was more overall comics. So I don't see the problem.

Have 3 is too many anyway

Deathlok
Well, its not a problem. But if Marvel was going to do this, why the hell cancel the original?

I would like a complete run, not different volumes. And it was my understanding that ASM running 3 times a month was the reason why they get rid of all the other spider books.

Darth Vicious
That was my understanding too. I wont mind if they bring down ASM to a monthly or maybe biweekly. Marvel is getting ridiculous with some of these tites. Especially ones that had characters in movies (Wolverine= 3+ titles, Iron-Man=2, X-men=like 20). Once that Cap comes out in the movies we'll probably see another title added to that too.

willRules
Originally posted by Disappear
is deadpool running alongside merc with a mouth, or did the first end so the latter could start? because the end of issue twelve says "end," and i haven't seen a hair of promotion for anything deadpool-related except the merc with a mouth series launch.

Oh, well you could be right, I haven't read the latest Deadpool storyline yes

Deathlok
SO how long before laughing see CGC 9.8 copiestoot of Web of Spider-man #1 for $100 on ebay???!!!wine

Kazenji
They also never finished SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN because of that One More day crap.

SamZED
What about friendly neighbourhood? I think it ended with Spiderman talking to JJJ.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.