Who's The Best Swordsman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
In all of movie-dom who is the most skilled character to wield a blade. The following are notable sword wielders I've noticed over the years. If a character is not present then add them to the debate by all means. Feel free to make a top ten list or rank them as you see fit. Discuss.

Notable Swordsmen
Yoda
Mace Windu
Darth Vader
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Darth Maul
Morpheus
Neo
Beatrix Kiddo
Zorro
Blade
Memnon
Aragorn
General Grievous
Katsumoto
Ujio
Nathan Algren
Achilles
Ra's Al Ghul
Bruce Wayne
Agent 47
Wade Wilson
Captain Hook
Peter Pan
Snake-Eyes

Rogue Jedi
Pure skill? Toss up between Mamba and Zorro.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Pure skill? Toss up between Mamba and Zorro. Pure skill. yes

Let's not forget that Zorro uses a different kind of sword: rapier. Jedi a lightsaber. Aragorn a longsword. Katsumoto a katana. We must take these into account.

Forgive me but who's Mamba?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Pure skill. yes

Let's not forget that Zorro uses a different kind of sword: rapier. Jedi a lightsaber. Aragorn a longsword. Katsumoto a katana. We must take these into account.

Forgive me but who's Mamba? Beatrix Kiddo.

Darth Martin
Oh, well.......that's stylized so of course. Damn Tarantino! mad

I couldn't decide to include Jedi/Sith in this or not because of there other abilities that they require to duel.

Rogue Jedi
Indeed. Without the force, they are just regular guys.

Darth Martin
Well, they retain there skill but would be without there limited pre-cog.

Rogue Jedi
OK, so the force abilities they use for dueling counts, but thats it? No precog? No other powers?

Darth Martin
They get no abilities or pre-cog. We are just judging there skill.

Rogue Jedi
Then I am going with my original answer.

Darth Martin
What about Blade? Memnon? He blocks multiple shot arrows with his sword..........and he has not the Force.

Rogue Jedi
Dude from the Scorpion king?

jaden101
Without the force the jedi/sith would be heavily disadvantaged...I hate the stupid debates in the SW forums when people say "who'd win in 1: sabres 2: force 3: all out"...As if somehow their sabre skills and fighting ability were completely seperate from their force abilities.

Can you imagine how useless Yoda would be without his using the force to leap around like a crazy maniac?

As for pure skill...Most of the people based in real world terms on that list would die badly...All the people from the Last Samurai would go 1st along with Memnon.

Not saying they're not skilled...But how would they compete against so many enemies that are basically superhuman (some to ridiculous extents)

That also takes out Zorro...I'd then say Aragorn would go along with any other fantasy or ancient warriors such as Achilles (provided we're not saying that his legend of invulnerabilty apart from his heel is true)

Peter Pan and Hook would go also. As would Wayne and Gul

In the end i'd say it would be Wade and Neo...Neo winning simply due to the fact that he can exhibit far greater strength and speed. Most of the programmes he fought in the Chateau were far in excess of any normal human and most likely would have easily killed Morpheus and Trinity.

Wade is also exceptionally fast and accurate (who else from that list could cut bullets in half and take on a room full of semi-auto weilding men with only 2 sword?...Not Nathan bloody Algren that's for sure)

Darth Martin
Correct.

BruceSkywalker
In all of movie-dom who is the most skilled character to wield a blade. The following are notable sword wielders I've noticed over the years. If a character is not present then add them to the debate by all means. Feel free to make a top ten list or rank them as you see fit. Discuss.

Notable Swordsmen
Yoda
Mace Windu
Darth Vader
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Darth Maul
Morpheus
Neo
Beatrix Kiddo
Zorro
Blade
Memnon
Aragorn
General Grievous
Katsumoto
Ujio
Nathan Algren
Achilles
Ra's Al Ghul
Bruce Wayne
Agent 47
Wade Wilson
Captain Hook
Peter Pan
Snake-Eyes

good list, but i'd wait until after G.I.Joe comes out to judge Snake Eyes as well as Storm Shadow

Darth Martin
Bah! I already know he's skilled from just the trailer.

BruceSkywalker

trailers are meant to deceive, to get people into the theater, but I will say this Snake eyes and Storm Shadow better have a good story and great feats

Darth Martin
Agreed. I think it will be good.

Kaibs
If we can add to the list then I'll just say how can u put Snake Eyes in there and not Stormshadow.

Placidity
Wade Wilson. Dude was doing crazy shit before he got powers/became Deadpool.

Rogue Jedi
I still gotta see that.

Alpha Centauri

From clashing swords and moving them about a bit?

I agree, he will obviously be portrayed as skilled, but still. Not much in the trailer.

-AC

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by jaden101
Without the force the jedi/sith would be heavily disadvantaged...I hate the stupid debates in the SW forums when people say "who'd win in 1: sabres 2: force 3: all out"...As if somehow their sabre skills and fighting ability were completely seperate from their force abilities.

then you obviously completely misunderstand what they mean when they say that.

jinXed by JaNx
wheres zatoichi ?

otherwise i'll go with Achilles or Mace Windu

Darth Martin
The SWVF debates saying "sabers" mean Jedi/Sith using force abilitites like pre-cog and stats. No offensive force moves.

I still gotta see that. If you thought Watchmen was shit, I pity your feelings after viewing X-Men Origins: Wolverine. sad

Quincy

The **** is anyone else going to deal with a lightsaber.

/end

Darth Martin
Say they were all unbreakable against each other's swords. Who'd have the best skill and technique.

Rogue Jedi
It has no bearing here, this isn't pitting them against one another, it's about who displays the best skills against their respective enemies.

Darth Martin
True but it was a counter to his comment. The Jedi are hard to examine since they incorporate Force enhanced stats and pre-cog into there fights.

Rogue Jedi
Then dont count them here?

Quincy
So now we aren't taking them into account?

Then Kiddo or Yoda

Rogue Jedi
Kiddo or Zorro.

Kaibs
Its not who bears best skills against their respective enemies... becuase that makes no sense at all to say whos the best swordsman... cause if thats the case... then the jedi are the best considering their enemies are always going to be the toughest. I would like to see zorro ****in kill a Sithlord.

Darth Martin
Zorro literally fights dozens of soldiers at the same time. His opponents are very skilled as well. Sith Lords have abilities that would make them superhumans. Power cannot be considered skill.

Kaibs
Okay true Zorro has battled enemies with skills, but so has the Jedi. They parry better than almost anyone and not to mention they can go down 1 of 4 ways of the Jeid. Saber skill and training is one of them, and once you throw in the fact that like someone liek Yoda is hella old so he has had time to hone his skills

Darth Martin
Yes but they are aided with the Force. Yoda can't fight without it. His lightsaber form requires the Force to aid him in battle.

Zorro requires no such help.

Kaibs
You're really trying to say? Yoda would not be able to swing a lightsaber without the force? That's just blasphemy.

Darth Martin
He wouldn't be able perform at the level he does against Tyranus and Sidious without aid from the Force. You see how he's a slow old person without it when he's walking with his stick.

Kaibs
And if we're really going off of that then I can easily still replace Yoda and put Maul in. Like im telling u in the other thread. Maul was one of the best swordsman in the Star Wars existence.

Darth Martin
I'm don't think Maul is as skilled as Zorro.

Kaibs
No you're right. Hes way more skilled than Zorro.

Darth Martin
no Swordfighting is what Zorro does.

Kaibs
It may be what he does but hes not the best at it. Im nto saying Zorro is a scrub and isnt high on the list but I could name a couple others besides Maul whos better than Zorro.

Darth Martin
Proceed. smile

Kaibs
1. Mace Windu
2. Achilles
3. Stormshadow or Snake Eyes

Darth Martin
G.I.Joe hasn't come out yet. I wouldn't put Achilles on par with Zorro at pure swordfighting. He uses a spear and shield as well. Mace? He fought one guy. Zorro's fought dozens at one time.

Kaibs
I cant argue with you since It's movie feats only. I'll just say you're entitled to your opinion. Outside of movie feats though you'd know you're trumped. Asides from that however. Achilles is still better. Sure he used a spear and shield, but his swordsman skills were unrivaled.

Darth Martin
I saw nothing from him to conclude he's a superior sword fighter to Zorro.

I'm well aware of EU Star Wars capabilities. No sense going there.

I forgot to add Sulu to the list.

Kaibs
THen if you are well aware then you should already know. And that should be the end of it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
wheres zatoichi ?

otherwise i'll go with Achilles or Mace Windu

THAT'S WHAT I WAS GOING TO POST!

DAMN YOU! I WANTED TO BE THE ONE TO POINT OUT THAT UBER BLIND GUY! DAMN YOOOOOOOOOUUUU!

Rogue Jedi
G.I.Joe hasn't come out yet. I wouldn't put Achilles on par with Zorro at pure swordfighting. He uses a spear and shield as well. Mace? He fought one guy. Zorro's fought dozens at one time. QFT.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by dadudemon
THAT'S WHAT I WAS GOING TO POST!

DAMN YOU! I WANTED TO BE THE ONE TO POINT OUT THAT UBER BLIND GUY! DAMN YOOOOOOOOOUUUU!

laughing out loud laughing I win!!! clap That's cool though because you still got all the best doughnuts mad

Rogue Jedi
You guys ever see "The Hunted", with Christopher Lambert? Takeda and Kinjo are pretty badass.

tejpis
C'mon, if you endured X-Men Origins: Wolverine you know Wade Wilson takes this easily...

youtube.com/watch?v=xs79U8gyEmo

Rogue Jedi
Haven't seen Origins....I am sure there is a point where they show him before he attained mutant powers, right? How impressive was he then?

Nephthys
He blocked machine gun fire with his swords, and while he was doing so he was able to see all angles reflected on the blades (which means he must have Insane reaction time) and use this to cut a bullet fired from behind him so that the two halves hit two people on either side of him. So yeah, he's a frickin' uber-beast.

Rogue Jedi
And this was while he was stll human?

Nephthys
100%

Apparently he'd be the perfect soldier if he wasn't so batshit crazy.

Rogue Jedi
I dont think he should be allowed here haermm Its like comparing Superman to DD.

jaden101
Haven't seen Origins....I am sure there is a point where they show him before he attained mutant powers, right? How impressive was he then?

They show him before he's altered and made into Deadpool...It's then that he takes on the room full of fully automatic weidling soldiers...Cuts the bullet in half etc.

Darth Martin
Should we include knife fighters like characters from The Hunted?

Originally posted by Kaibs
THen if you are well aware then you should already know. And that should be the end of it. It's my understanding thast here we are only permitted to use feats shown onscreen unless specified.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.