better to buy a blu ray original film or dvd directors cut ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
i noticed alot of blu rays sometimes dont have the extended version or directors cut of the film that came out on dvd.

would you rather have a blu ray theatrical version of the film ?

or dvd directors cut or extended version which is a longer version of the film ?

Impediment
I prefer a nice dvd loaded with extras. Blu-ray, while is nice to view, is just too expensive for me right now at this point.

Honestly, I'd rather just have either an extended cut or director's cut.

MildPossession
I'm not bothered if it only adds a small amount, and that goes for most of these so called Director's Cuts/Extended Cuts.

Unless it's something like Kingdom of Heaven for example, totally need to go for the Director's Cut over the cinema release when there is a noticable amount added.

Wolfie
Depends on the movie I guess. Director's cuts tend to have more extras, which is a plus over Blu Ray.

Fantastic Four, though it looks amazing on Blu Ray, I like the director's cut better. It adds to Johnny Storm's conflict with showing off his powers and marketing his superhero image. It also has a really cool opening credits sequence.

Saw, I might just go with a Blu Ray. The unrated versions of the movies added very little. Then again, the extras are a lot better on the DVDs.

BruceSkywalker
I don't have blu-ray, I am waiting for the system that is being made in china..

I prefer mostly DVD extended or director's cuts

chomperx9
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I don't have blu-ray, I am waiting for the system that is being made in china..

I prefer mostly DVD extended or director's cuts what system ?

WhoopeeDee
I'm not bothering with Blu-ray yet maybe in 10 years from now.

chomperx9
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
I'm not bothering with Blu-ray yet maybe in 10 years from now. 10 years from now there will be another disc format by then

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chomperx9
what system ?

there isn't a name for it yet, but it supposed to be way better than blu-ray

jaden101
what system ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Hi-Vision

Bluesteel
I'd go with the Blu-Ray but if you look at the Blade Runner Blu-Ray version now thats something worth getting. I believe there are like 4 or 5 different versions of the film on that one?

MildPossession
The same on the DVD version of Blade Runner in the massive steel box edition.

coolmovies
Also with the Alien Quadrilogy you get both cuts for all four films.

jayce78
Love the quality of Blu-ray Discs , but if the special Director's cut or Extended edition is only on dvd , I'm more than fine with getting the dvd , if I think it's worth it . Especially if the dvd has been remastered in THX . . .

jayce78
10 years from now there will be another disc format by then

Most likely true , for better or for worse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.